• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hypothetical Playoff Bracket Based on Calpreps' End of Regular Season Power Ratings

Started by bleudog, November 04, 2018, 08:46:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Higher seed is home team.

1   Hampton    2A Region 8    10.10
32   Dierks   2A Region 7    (28.60)

16   England    2A Region 5    (12.10)
17   Poyen    2A Region 5    (12.70)

9   Gurdon    2A Region 7    (0.50)
24   Cross County    2A Region 3    (19.60)

8   Mount Ida    2A Region 7    0.30
25   Bigelow    2A Region 5    (20.50)

4   Junction City    2A Region 8    4.60
29   Parkers Chapel    2A Region 8    (23.80)

13   Earle    2A Region 6    (6.10)
20   Quitman   2A Region 5    (15.80)

12   Des Arc    2A Region 6    (3.50)
21   East Poinsett County   2A Region 3    (17.40)

5   Foreman    2A Region 7    4.60
28   Hackett    2A Region 4    (22.90)

2   Conway Christian    2A Region 5    8.90
31   Murfreesboro    2A Region 7    (27.60)

15   Magnet Cove    2A Region 5    (9.50)
18   Hector    2A Region 4    (13.00)

10   Mountain Pine    2A Region 5    (2.10)
23   Rector    2A Region 3    (17.90)

7   Mineral Springs    2A Region 7    4.00
26   McCrory    2A Region 3    (21.70)

3   Hazen    2A Region 6    6.00
30   Lavaca    2A Region 4    (26.40)

14   Mountainburg    2A Region 4    (6.60)
19   Bearden   2A Region 8    (13.50)

11   Fordyce    2A Region 8    (2.10)
22   Carlisle    2A Region 6    (17.50)

6   Salem    2A Region 3    4.40
27   Magazine   2A Region 4    (22.00)

bigworm

It wouldnt surprise me a bit if hampton won it all. I think they are flying under the radar and have a title caliber team.

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on November 04, 2018, 08:58:35 pm
It wouldnt surprise me a bit if hampton won it all. I think they are flying under the radar and have a title caliber team.
They looked a lot better against Harding than when they played JC. I think you could be right they're hungry....😉

MomaLion

dawgpound

Why does Arkansas not do the playoff system like this. I think Louisiana does it this way

BO_KNOWS

eldofan

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 07:54:05 am
Why does Arkansas not do the playoff system like this. I think Louisiana does it this way
Louisiana has been doing it like that since 1999

dawgpound

Bo you didn't have Hampton in your top 4 are you saying they are a big hitter

BO_KNOWS

The bulldogs are a hitter , I went back and put Hampton over hazen yesterday. I think the dawgs can go up there and get a W

dawgpound

who-knew

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 09:00:38 am
I'm thinking gurdon might can beat them also
I don't think Gurdon nor Hampton will match up equally with Hazen's speed. I'll take Hazen to the ROCK IMO.

bleudog

I didn't compare them. Is there a team or teams in the power rated bracket playing basketball now because of the AAA district driven football bracket?

02cat

Quote from: bleudog on November 05, 2018, 02:28:43 pm
I didn't compare them. Is there a team or teams in the power rated bracket playing basketball now because of the AAA district driven football bracket?

Bigelow
Murfreesboro

bleudog

Quote from: bleudog on November 05, 2018, 02:28:43 pm

Quote from: 02cat on November 05, 2018, 02:37:40 pm
Bigelow
Murfreesboro

Thanks.  I wasn't sure anybody would check so I gave it a look (must have been while you were posting)  and Bigelow (#25) and Murfreesboro (#31) are two of the ones I came up with too. 

I also think Poyen (#17) was left out of the AAA bracket but would still be playing in a power rated bracket. 

Looks like Clarendon (#36) gets a week 11 football game but would not get a playoff appearance in the hypothetical bracket.

godgiven999

Quote from: who-knew on November 05, 2018, 01:21:23 pm
I don't think Gurdon nor Hampton will match up equally with Hazen's speed. I'll take Hazen to the ROCK IMO.
Hazen has more team speed than Gurdon? Your kidding right?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 05, 2018, 05:37:50 pm
Hazen has more team speed than Gurdon? Your kidding right?

No way, Hazen is 🐢🐢 slow, has no size and I'm not sure how they are undefeated. Heck eveyone knows that only the 7 and 8 has speed and size. The rest of us are at yalls mercy. 🙄🙄🙄

godgiven999

I'm not saying Hazen is slow but to say they are faster than Gurdon is a overstatement!

Redzone

godgiven999

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 05:41:10 pm
No way, Hazen is 🐢🐢 slow, has no size and I'm not sure how they are undefeated. Heck eveyone knows that only the 7 and 8 has speed and size. The rest of us are at yalls mercy. 🙄🙄🙄
Lucky for us we get to most likely find out next week unless Quitmans team speed is to much for yall ;D

who-knew

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 05, 2018, 06:01:43 pm
Lucky for us we get to most likely find out next week unless Quitmans team speed is to much for yall ;D
No one said Hazen was faster than Gurdon, I said, I didn't think that they would match up equally with Hazen's Speed.

couch-coach06

I personally didn't think gurdon was fast .. number 2 was pretty fast but he ran too the sideline in a hurry every play.. there d line is big and took away the dive ( we didn't try too many times ) it appeared our game plan was too run there big d lineman side line too side line and wear them down .. it worked and we took off in the second half

Hgalum50

I think Hazen could make a great run this year maybe even make it to state, but who knows. They got some good backs there. I know they looked really good against us last year.

Hasbeen92

Funny- there both good Hampton &Gurdon but I think this the year of the Hornets this is the 70th year of Hazen Hornet Football (started playing football in 1948) so we r due we need a championship and I think this is one of our most talented teams hope they play up to that talent Go Hornets I think Des Arc is quarterfinal team and possibly Semi-finals good luck

who-knew

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 05, 2018, 06:37:48 pm
I think Hazen could make a great run this year maybe even make it to state, but who knows. They got some good backs there. I know they looked really good against us last year.
There Stronger and faster than last year...They are a hand full I promise you..

Hasbeen92

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 05, 2018, 06:01:43 pm
Come on out of log woods and we'll show you how we run on flat ground I saw HHG destroy both your lines and negate what ever speed u have the win against Ida your only quality win (I don't think they were at full speed) u should prepare for Clarendon and let us worry about Quitman's speed

couch-coach06

HHG also beat Nashville ... And mineral springs is a quality win for the go devils

Hasbeen92

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 05, 2018, 06:56:00 pm
HHG also beat Nashville ... And mineral springs is a quality win for the go devils
Nashville had 250 yards in penalties mineral desent win Forman win made them I'm pretty sure Forman people think they should have won that one big game hangover and a few injuries

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 06:39:16 pm
Funny- there both good Hampton &Gurdon but I think this the year of the Hornets this is the 70th year of Hazen Hornet Football (started playing football in 1948) so we r due we need a championship and I think this is one of our most talented teams hope they play up to that talent Go Hornets I think Des Arc is quarterfinal team and possibly Semi-finals good luck

Shhhhh!😉 We also play in the weak slow small 6. We will be lucky to get out of round 1. Much less  round 2.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 07:37:10 pm

Shhhhh!😉 We also play in the weak slow small 6. We will be lucky to get out of round 1. Much less  round 2.
There's always Baseball season

couch-coach06

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 07:13:54 pm
Nashville had 250 yards in penalties mineral desent win Forman win made them I'm pretty sure Forman people think they should have won that one big game hangover and a few injuries
Foreman should have won but we didn't is what it is. .. still a quality win .. and I doubt many two A schools would beat Haskell seriously

Hasbeen92

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 05, 2018, 07:52:54 pm
Foreman should have won but we didn't is what it is. .. still a quality win .. and I doubt many two A schools would beat Haskell seriously
Your right not many but I think about 7-9 can and I believe Hazen Junction and Forman are 3 of them- I live about 4 miles from Haskell's football field and watched most of them when they were in PeeWee

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hasbeen92

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hasbeen92

Won't be a surprise to me if Des Arc is very good at Baseball good luck maybe 6 can win all 3 sports

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 09:02:57 pm
Won't be a surprise to me if Des Arc is very good at Baseball good luck maybe 6 can win all 3 sports

Im not sure what conference we are in, in baseball.  I know we are in the 5 north in basketball

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 08:57:56 pm
I think we will have a legitimate shot this year. Return everyone but one player from last year.
Hector will be stout this year!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2018, 09:15:32 pm
Should be the same conference for all non-football sports
Should be same for all sports but that's those geniuses at AAA that are making things better by changing who you play every 2 years and stomping all over rivalries and traditions because of enrollments changing slightly in 2 years time

baseball13

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 05, 2018, 08:57:56 pm
I think we will have a legitimate shot this year. Return everyone but one player from last year.

that don't always mean you will be great. My Freshman year we went to the simis and lost to Deirks. We didn't lose a player from that team and the next year we got bounced in the first round of Regionals. some times it happens and some times it don't.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on November 06, 2018, 07:02:22 am

that don't always mean you will be great. My Freshman year we went to the simis and lost to Deirks. We didn't lose a player from that team and the next year we got bounced in the first round of Regionals. some times it happens and some times it don't.

Maybe, but barring any unforeseen injuries, I say it will be true for this bunch. Pretty much the whole team has been playing together since they were about 8.

bleudog

OK, I know nothing about Poyen or even where it is, but why does the AAA sanction a process that leaves a 6-4 team that is ranked #17 by a objective ranking system and #20 by a subjective ranking system out of a 30-team playoff?

HorseFeathers

bleudog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 06, 2018, 08:17:09 am
Same reason pro leagues do?

At least the NFL has wildcards and seeds. 

If AAA would just wildcard in a 31st and 32nd team it would be a minor improvement.

I'd still like a high school system were only the district winners get an automatic invitation and everybody is invited and seeded based on statewide merit.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on November 06, 2018, 09:12:13 am
At least the NFL has wildcards and seeds. 

If AAA would just wildcard in a 31st and 32nd team it would be a minor improvement.

I'd still like a high school system were only the district winners get an automatic invitation and everybody is invited and seeded based on statewide merit.

bleu, what formula would you use to rate the statewide merit?

bleudog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 06, 2018, 09:33:32 am

bleu, what formula would you use to rate the statewide merit?

That's a debate in and of itself that I'm sure the PTB would want to work their vested interests into.  ;)

But there are plenty of formulas out there.  If Louisiana has been able to use a point driven playoff system for 20+ years it would seem to be workable.  Earn points for victories, earn points for playing up, earn points for opponents victories, etc. then higher the point total, the higher the seed.

I used Calpreps in the first posts just as an example but I understand they actually provide playoff bracket positions in some states.

I just hate to see a #5 in the 2A-X get to play a week 11 game when there is little doubt a #6 or #7 in another district would have wiped the field with them but that #6 or #7 stays home.

The other thing about a district driven playoff bracket is the very real chance that some of the championship caliber games might take place in round three and not in round five.

A football fan can dream.

HorseFeathers

Bleu, the 2 seeds are 3-10 against 1 seeds in the last 3 years, with Foreman winning 2 of those....Why not just cut it to 8 teams with 2 wildcards?

stuck in between

Well, since you brought it up since 2007 there has only been two times the state champion hasn't came from the 7 or 8. 2010 -Magazine, 2015- McCrory. Can't argue with the numbers pick. I'm not saying that there isn't good football teams in other conferences, but as of lately the best 2-A ball is played South of Little Rock.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

yea, maybe so, j.c. was dominate. if you look at appearances in the final four and title games, the 6 is above the 7. the 6 lost in the title game 4 times, 3 to j.c. and once to strong. so your south of little rock statement is not 100% accurate.

Wantobe

Quote from: stuck in between on November 06, 2018, 12:11:13 pm

Well, since you brought it up since 2007 there has only been two times the state champion hasn't came from the 7 or 8. 2010 -Magazine, 2015- McCrory. Can't argue with the numbers pick. I'm not saying that there isn't good football teams in other conferences, but as of lately the best 2-A ball is played South of Little Rock.
There you go clouding the issue with facts again. This is supposed to be based on opinion so everyone can enjoy reading and having input.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas