• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs DA The Battle on the White River.

Started by Lions84, October 27, 2018, 02:07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this Week?

Lions
2 (6.7%)
DA
28 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 02, 2018, 02:07:09 pm

Ole_Trickster

Quote from: tigerblood on November 01, 2018, 11:01:40 am
Fellas I was walking down the streets of Brinkley this week just trying to get some air. I turned down this thin road and a guy was sitting next to this trash can. I sat down and we started talking. Not about anything important, just about life. After a while I had developed a headache, which I admitted I had aloud. He asked me if I needed some ibuprofen. I said sure. So he handed me a couple pills, which I then took, and we began to talk more. Before I knew it, I was standing in a foggy field contemplating my life decisions. When out of no where a large figure was approaching me at almost terminal velocity. Then I saw it. It was Brian 'The Wall' Paschal wearing skates. He whipped around to a stop and said, "You come here often?" which I responded, "Man I just want to watch the Eagles". He said, "Follow me". We approached this old green building and a voice asked for the password to which Brian began to sing, "What you know 'bout me. What you, what you know 'bout me. They say my lip gloss is cool. My lip gloss be poppin." I stood in awe as he sang the entire song Lip Gloss. Then the door opened, and there I saw him. Ole Houdini Widener. He looked at me and said "Did you come here for an Eagle win?". I responded with "yes". He then proceeded to pull out his cell phone to call Martin 'The Bearded boy wonder' Guthrie, who brought a 55 gallon drum to the front of the building. Houdini Widener said "We shall take this 55 gallon drum of whoop butt and dump it all over Clarendon tonight!" All of a sudden I was struck by a massive moving structure. It was Brian and he had gotten moving to fast I assume and lost control of his skates. I was knocked out cold...

I awoke laying in the middle of the street, I guess in my daze I had wondered out into the road. And what I had thought was Brian 'The Wall' Paschal was actually an F150. Moral of the story, Des Arc will open up a 55 gallon drum of whoop butt on ole Clarendon tonight 45-12. ALSO, dont take Ibuprofen unless you see the bottle someone is getting it out of.
This is the greatest thing ive ever read

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 01, 2018, 11:44:57 am
Thx o scrapper we the best but you never did answer my question I ask you bout yaw De vall bluff bisco roe an ulm school district lol was it the numbers or academic reason'n for yaw shut down lol an tiger guy that crap you talking bout means nothing go win something either sport 2a or get ready to merge with Clarendon we need some B team hoop'rs 2 play on Monday nite an some  defensive backs  lol o an Des arc couldn't score 45 points on Clarendon in anything lol especially football run'n that super fast triple option lol they better learn how 2 pass before 7 or it's gonna a long nite again  lol lions by 14

you better hope the clarendon players are as ready as you think they are. i been making sure the des arc players have been reading your jibberish all year long. they may be more up for this game than they were for hazen earle or carlisle.

jbtiger73

All I'm saying to momma and big loser is, that stop saying it if you don't want it to happen. Stay off of topix, and check out facts. Schools like marianna and Marvell are in worse shape than we are. And no one is saying anything about them consolidating with anyone. So unless you have proof, then stop mentioning it. And if it does happen, then it does. But don't count on it. So get out of your delusional Clarendon ego. And chill out.

Old Scrapper

Thx o scrapper we the best but you never did answer my question I ask you bout yaw De vall bluff bisco roe an ulm school district lol was it the numbers or academic reason'n for yaw shut down lol an tiger guy that crap you talking bout means nothing go win something either sport 2a or get ready to merge with Clarendon we need some B team hoop'rs 2 play on Monday nite an some  defensive backs  lol o an Des arc couldn't score 45 points on Clarendon in anything lol especially football run'n that super fast triple option lol they better learn how 2 pass before 7 or it's gonna a long nite again  lol lions by 14
It was numbers.

da greatest bigbaby

November 01, 2018, 12:52:32 pm #54 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:57:51 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Big Dave for your info this game is in Clarendon 2nite vs Des arc not carlisle OK you coming man OK then  lol an it's sr nite an you can't compare scores if  that was the case earle would be conference champs an the state football champs they got 3rd in the 6-2a lol it's bout the match up once again super fast Des arc @ athletic Clarendon on sr nite before we start hoops on yaw you do the over an under lol an pick that's fine show em whatever yaw need to stay focused but this 1 should be over by the half lol we gonna go ahead an show up 2nite we owe it 2 the fans lol an beside's yaw are just average again an yaw beat'n a fold'd earle doesn't mean anything 2 us if we would've played em @ home after hazen whip'd em it would be different but anywhoo  2nite it's @ the lions den we 2 primed

tigerblood

Des Arc put up 44 on an undefeated 4A team. You might wanna lay off whatever you've been smoking. Its getting to your head lol

hornetfan8

Can someone tell me when Clarendon won 15 conference championships in football?  ??? Because even the years that I recall them beating Hazen des arc or Carlisle they only beat one of them and one of the others won conference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 01, 2018, 01:18:15 pm
Can someone tell me when Clarendon won 15 conference championships in football?  ??? Because even the years that I recall them beating Hazen des arc or Carlisle they only beat one of them and one of the others won conference.

It all happened long ago, in a land far FAR AWAY...

Idoknow

According to the Almanac of Ar. H.S. Fb., since 1960 to present Clarendon has won 9 conference championships and played for 1 state championship in 1972 where they lost to Prescott 26-24.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Idoknow on November 01, 2018, 02:04:16 pm
According to the Almanac of Ar. H.S. Fb., since 1960 to present Clarendon has won 9 conference championships and played for 1 state championship in 1972 where they lost to Prescott 26-24.
Do you mind posting a link or something to that?

Idoknow

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 01, 2018, 02:31:15 pm
Do you mind posting a link or something to that?
You have to buy the book. My edition is from 1960-2003. I think there's a new edition but I don't know the yrs. You can email Barclayalmanac@hotmail.com for more information.

Old Scrapper

Interesting, I'd like to see some of the stuff on DVB back in the day

Hasbeen92

Never Barton won all their championships they where good in late 50s

da greatest bigbaby

November 01, 2018, 06:00:58 pm #63 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:13:52 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Once again Clarendon is the king of the 6-2a with 13 conference titles des arc an hazen is battling for 2nd now this new guy comes on here talking bout what Clarendon has yaw he is Prolly from Brinkley soo disregard his comments idoknow lol we also have 2 state football championships but the aaa doesn't honor it because the other team forfeit'd an the year before they honored carlisle's you didn't tell that dude lol soo basicly count your on lol an hornet8 just ask your hornet6 I'm sure they noo lol they started conference titles in the 60's anywhoo go lions whip Des arc an pick we been whip'n on yaw Augusta Carlisle since the 70's lol it still counts rite or do yaw start when yaw want 2 2004 like big e an Palestine/wheatley an earle them it don't work like that  Palestine just started to charge recently an earle just learn'd how 2 score apparently  lol

Hasbeen92

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 01, 2018, 06:00:58 pm
Once again Clarendon is the king of the 6-2a with 13 conference titles des arc an hazen is battling for 2nd now this new guy comes on here talking bout what Clarendon has yaw he is Prolly from Brinkley soo disregard his comments idoknow lol we also have 2 state football championships but the aaa doesn't honor it because the other team forfeit'd an the year before they honored carlisle's you didn't tell that dude lol soo basily count your on lol an hornet8 just ask your hornet6 I'm sure they noo lol they started conference titles in the 60's anywhoo go lions whip Des arc an pick we been whip'n on yaw Augusta Carlisle since the 70's lol it still counts rite or do yaw start when yaw want 2 2004 like big e an Palestine/wheatley an earle them it don't work like that  Palestine just started to charge recently an earle just learn'd how 2 score apparently  lol
Do you really believe this or just trying to be funny

Wildcatalumni21

Des Arc scores as they get off the bus and then scoop and score one on a botched snap by Clarendon in warmups. It's already 14-0!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

There might be 20 people on the Clarendon side for sr night. You should be embarrassed.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 01, 2018, 06:55:17 pm
There might be 20 people on the Clarendon side for sr night. You should be embarrassed.
Wow! That's a shake!

Idoknow

November 01, 2018, 07:16:14 pm #68 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:18:07 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on November 01, 2018, 06:00:58 pm
Once again Clarendon is the king of the 6-2a with 13 conference titles des arc an hazen is battling for 2nd now this new guy comes on here talking bout what Clarendon has yaw he is Prolly from Brinkley soo disregard his comments idoknow lol we also have 2 state football championships but the aaa doesn't honor it because the other team forfeit'd an the year before they honored carlisle's you didn't tell that dude lol soo basicly count your on lol an hornet8 just ask your hornet6 I'm sure they noo lol they started conference titles in the 60's anywhoo go lions whip Des arc an pick we been whip'n on yaw Augusta Carlisle since the 70's lol it still counts rite or do yaw start when yaw want 2 2004 like big e an Palestine/wheatley an earle them it don't work like that  Palestine just started to charge recently an earle just learn'd how 2 score apparently  lol
I hate to bust your bubble bigbabby but here it is and hope you can comprehend! Conference Championships since 1960 6-b East 4-0-1, 1961 5-0, 1962 5-0, 1963 5-0, 1971 5-0-1,1972 6-A 5-0-1, 1979 6AA 6-1, 1984 5-0, 1998 7-1.As for State Championships goes, all I can tell you is go look in your trophy case and you will find the same number as you have in Basketball "0"! By the way I'm not from Brinkley.

Trojanbird

Everyone else is cleaning out the gym so they can start practice!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Idoknow on November 01, 2018, 07:16:14 pm
I hate to bust your bubble bigbabby but here it is and hope you can comprehend! Conference Championships since 1960 6-b East 4-0-1, 1961 5-0, 1962 5-0, 1963 5-0, 1971 5-0-1,1972 6-A 5-0-1, 1979 6AA 6-1, 1984 5-0, 1998 7-1.As for State Championships goes, all I can tell you is go look in your trophy case and you will find the same number as you have in Basketball "0"! By the way I'm not from Brinkley.
oh no, facts mic drop

Big Dave

Guess it didnt matter where this game was played. I heard Clarendon came out of the locker room at half wearing the round ball unis....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That game was a joke, Clarendons fans are jokes, I promise there was not 30 people in attendance. 

Old Scrapper

I'm sure theres a good reason for the low attendance. We'll probably get the explanation tomorrow

Idoknow

November 01, 2018, 11:13:17 pm #74 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:19:50 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 01, 2018, 10:55:57 pm
I'm sure theres a good reason for the low attendance. We'll probably get the explanation tomorrow
He's busy checking the trophy case trying to count the number of Conference Championships Clarendon has! It will probably take him all night to count to nine.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 01, 2018, 10:24:29 am
I really think you would be a great defense lawyer. if I ever get sideways with the law I'm coming to find you!
lol...good point

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on November 01, 2018, 12:23:14 pm
All I'm saying to momma and big loser is, that stop saying it if you don't want it to happen. Stay off of topix, and check out facts. Schools like marianna and Marvell are in worse shape than we are. And no one is saying anything about them consolidating with anyone. So unless you have proof, then stop mentioning it. And if it does happen, then it does. But don't count on it. So get out of your delusional Clarendon ego. And chill out.
And I repeat...get your head out of the sand...everybody sees it except you.  That's why the vote didn't pass for y'alls new school.  I followed that very closely as I am technically in the Brinkley school district and wanted all the info before voting.  If you had attended any of the meetings you would have heard citizens and staff repeatedly say that the schools would be merging in the next few years. 
As for Marvell, folks have been wondering for years how they are still open...I can't speak on Marianna as I don't know much about their situation.

MomaLion

Yet it doesn't seem to be a problem during basketball season when we are packed out and y'all don't have many, interesting.

MomaLion

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 01, 2018, 07:22:51 pm
Everyone else is cleaning out the gym so they can start practice!

Funny, practice never stops from year to year.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 01, 2018, 10:17:29 pm
That game was a joke, Clarendons fans are jokes, I promise there was not 30 people in attendance.

Is that really necessary? THESE ARE KIDS...or have you forgotten?  You may think we are a joke but we think you are a pitiful little man and I feel sorry for you.  Yes Des Arc kids got the win but you sir are a very poor reflection on Des Arc. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 01, 2018, 10:55:57 pm

No, there's never a good explanation for parents not supporting their kids...I'm sure some were working but ultimately it's on them.  Also, I will admit that I wasn't there either for personal reasons.

da greatest bigbaby

November 02, 2018, 04:31:11 am #81 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:45:54 am by da greatest bigbaby
Idoknow noo 1 is pay'n you any attention because they noo your lie'n if your not from Brinkley I bet your from Palestine or hazen lol just by eyeballing your info it is incorrect we didn't win anything in 84 we won the conference title in 83 went 2 the playoffs an drum'd gosnell an won it in 85 drum'd  Barton then we went 2 the playoffs an loss 3-0 2 Harding academy now how you looking @ the material an can't remember 2 count them not 2 mention the other 3 you left out come on dude my info is A-1 or I wouldn't post it lol  an like I said we're gonna disregard what you say from now on OK nice try tho an don't for get big e has already tried the lie'n stat stuff we were good in 2005 an 2010 also  big e   lol anywhoo you guys were still king of the jungle 6-2a we have 13 conference  titles the format was 5-4-an 4 from 80 til now des arc an hazen has bout 10 for 2nd overall soo once again until yaw win 4 more it's noo need 2 be mouth'n let's say yaw win every other year or soo that would be around 2030 just 2 catch up  soo were still good on top for awhile but I'm sure we will win a couple more by then rite jr lions  lol an once again disregard what  this new guys say their from 1 of those bottom feeder schools lol an anytime you go thru the hassle 2 mis count  our 13 conference titles you are a very sore loser lol now pick they didn't show up last nite thats my bad I figured they want'd some of yaw I guess not I guess they head'd 2 the gym after the Marvell game an got a dinner playoff spot 2 Gurdon I hope closer an maybe i get 2 chatt with the bottom feeder  go'devils lol I think Prescott is king over their lol o well the jr lions whip'd yaw were 8-1 an yaw should be ashamed I saw a clip of mt Ida they look'd very thin soo did Gurdon actually their is noo reason the 6-2a hazen or Des arc shouldn't win state in football were gonna win state in hoops this year for sure noo mercy tomahawk lol were gonna whip the rest of the state by 40 lol an yaw can look up the info if you want but I'm sure halfway thru yaw gonna say o my we were some bottom feeders get'n whip'd on by Clarendon an Barton lol especially earle an Palestine

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on November 02, 2018, 01:30:12 am
Yet it doesn't seem to be a problem during basketball season when we are packed out and y'all don't have many, interesting.

Because that's not the case. The des Arc stands will be packed for all home basketball games and we will travel with more fans than yall had at a home football game on sr night. Stop trying to deflect the issue. No wonder your team struggles, the fan support dictates that.

Quote from: MomaLion on November 02, 2018, 02:05:37 am
Is that really necessary? THESE ARE KIDS...or have you forgotten?  You may think we are a joke but we think you are a pitiful little man and I feel sorry for you.  Yes Des Arc kids got the win but you sir are a very poor reflection on Des Arc. 

Nothing I said was in reference to the Clarendon kids, there was GREAT SPOTSMANSHIP the whole game. The fans of Clarendon are a joke is what I meant.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 02, 2018, 07:21:19 am
Because that's not the case. The des Arc stands will be packed for all home basketball games and we will travel with more fans than yall had at a home football game on sr night. Stop trying to deflect the issue. No wonder your team struggles, the fan support dictates that.

Nothing I said was in reference to the Clarendon kids, there was GREAT SPOTSMANSHIP the whole game. The fans of Clarendon are a joke is what I meant.
I took it as you referring to the adults not showing up to support the team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 02, 2018, 07:41:47 am
I took it as you referring to the adults not showing up to support the team.

I'm glad you took it as I meant it. Heck I'm not even sure all the people that were on the field with the sr players stayed for the game.

raider99

It's sad when these kids have no support from family etc. It doesn't matter if they are the best or worst at what they are doing just support them. While it may not seem like a big deal at the time I can promise these kids remember. It's not a hard concept SUPPORT THE KIDS.

Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: raider99 on November 02, 2018, 09:14:37 am
It's sad when these kids have no support from family etc. It doesn't matter if they are the best or worst at what they are doing just support them. While it may not seem like a big deal at the time I can promise these kids remember. It's not a hard concept SUPPORT THE KIDS.

Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs.

exactly, my point.

Lions84

Idoknow

Quote from: Lions84 on November 03, 2018, 09:04:41 pm
The Book has an Error cause we won district in 1982 also

From my Letterman jacket
84 you're right, for some reason they had England 1 and Clarendon 4. Looking at the play-offs the book shows Clarendon lost in the 2nd round 28-15 to McGehee.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

FoxandHound34

Wait a minute Mcgehee played England in the semis in 82 at England. I remember that game, McGehee broke a long run on the final play that would've won them the game but Sammy Rice I think was his name ran him down at the 4 and tackled him short

Idoknow

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on November 03, 2018, 10:28:58 pm
Wait a minute Mcgehee played England in the semis in 82 at England. I remember that game, McGehee broke a long run on the final play that would've won them the game but Sammy Rice I think was his name ran him down at the 4 and tackled him short
Augusta beat McGehee 21-15 in semi. and then Augusta beat Pulaski Oak Grove 8-0 in Champioship game in 1982. England lost in State title game in1981 to Highland 8-0.

FoxandHound34

Oh ok my mistake it was 81 when England played Mcgehee then. I was working in Little Rock then and me and some buddies drove down and watched that game it was amazing

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas