• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg @ Hector 4-2A

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 27, 2018, 10:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 01, 2018, 06:19:49 pm
Well I for sure will be there got to watch my son play and I believe Dragonvoice is going to. Most of the posters from Burg will be there.
Awesome! Be cool to meet up with you guys

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 01, 2018, 07:04:40 pm
Awesome! Be cool to meet up with you guys
Sounds good I'll be there before 6 cause I'm that parent who thinks he has to sit at the 50 yard line in the bleachers.😂

HorseFeathers

Probably a good idea if Burg travels well...visitor seating isn't very good at Hector

AR_dawg3

wiseguy

It's game day! Safe travels to Mt.Burg, looking forward to a great game tonite :) 2 teams going at it week 10 for the #1 spot in conference! Time to let the adrenaline flow and praying for an injury -free game tonite. GO WILDCATS

DnA Prostaff

Good luck to both teams!  Mad respect for each program and posters on here, you guys keep it classy, clean, and fun! Hope whatever seed each ends up with that you make good runs in the playoffs. Looks like the winner gets to play Mt. Ida

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 02, 2018, 08:08:12 am
Good luck to both teams!  Mad respect for each program and posters on here, you guys keep it classy, clean, and fun! Hope whatever seed each ends up with that you make good runs in the playoffs. Looks like the winner gets to play Mt. Ida
It's how it should be IMO. It's a friendly rivalry and both school have respect for what the other has accomplished!

Wildcatalumni21

About how many Burg fans should we expect?

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 02, 2018, 01:30:19 pm
About how many Burg fans should we expect?
It's hard to say but lots of people have been talking about going during the week but you know how that goes come day of game they back out. I figure we will have a good crowd there. It's a big game!

Rida4Life

be sure an post updates..... lots of us down in South Arkansas with vested interest in the outcome.

Prouddragondad

There was a article in the democratic this week about the game against Magazine and in there they mentioned that Coach Harrell was the 2nd winningest active coach in the state. It was a very good story.

Dragonsvoice

Dragonsvoice and dragofan10 will be there safe travel to the Burgr's LETS ROLL BIG BLUE! leave it all on the field lets get our first conference championship for coach Harrell and Nolen!

RATTLER43

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 02, 2018, 01:47:21 pm
There was a article in the democratic this week about the game against Magazine and in there they mentioned that Coach Harrell was the 2nd winningest active coach in the state. It was a very good story.

20th    But still great win totals.  Looks like #1 active in 2A.   You have to be good for a long time to win that many.  Good luck tonight.

300+ Win Club
1. Jones - Greenwood - 302
2. Malham - Cabot - 300

250+ Win Club
3. King - Batesville - 270

200+ Win Club
4. Paschal - Wynne - 210
5. Mitchell - North Little Rock - 203

150+ Win Club
6. Totty - Rison - 199
7. Adams - Farmington - 197
8. Hembree - Warren - 196
9. Abshier - Prairie Grove - 194
10. Bolding - Pine Bluff - 190
10. Wells - Harrison - 190
12. Dawson - Fayetteville - 187
13. Kelley - Pulaski Academy - 186
14. Falleur - Fort Smith Northside - 184
15. Shoemaker - Central Arkansas Christian - 179
16. Loyd - Rogers - 171
17. Vaughn - White Hall - 165
17. Norton - Texarkana - 165
19. Patton - Bauxite - 162
20. Harrell - Mountainburg - 159

Wildcatalumni21

Good luck Burg!! Decent crowd y'all brought!

gmac

Hornet4ever

HorseFeathers

No Livestream that I know of...

HorseFeathers

Hector's first drive lasts 9 plays goes about 18 yards, ends in a punt on 4th and 14

HorseFeathers

Burg takes a 7ish play first drive 60ish yards for the TD

Dragons 6
Hector 0
601 1Q

2 pt conversion was pretty interesting with a 20 yard fumble recovery, being negated by a personal foul on the first try...and a 37 yard FG attempt was well short

Wildcatalumni21

Glad you're keeping it updated lol

HorseFeathers

Hector's second drive is a 3 and out

Dragons get it back at their own 19 yard line

HorseFeathers

Don't have a burg roster, but the kid who runs the sweeps just lost a fumble, and Ethan church recovered for Hector...

1st and 10 at the dragon 30

HorseFeathers

Hector turnover on downs at the Dragon 15

HorseFeathers

Dragons running at will on the edge this drive..

HorseFeathers

November 02, 2018, 07:35:19 pm #74 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:37:05 pm by HorseFeathers
Hector's defense held the dragon offense...but smoked the kicker on the FG attempt...so dragons get another try

HorseFeathers

Dragons score on the plunge..

Dragons 14
Hector 0
511 2nd q

HorseFeathers

Ethan Church with the 5 yard td run for Hector

Mountainburg 14
Hector 7

218 til half

HorseFeathers

Burg getting jumpy...3 false starts this drive so far...

HorseFeathers

Wildcats recover another fumble!

HorseFeathers

And just like that Hector goes from down 14 to tying it up 14-14 right before the half...

HorseFeathers

14-14 at halftime... Honestly a game that either team has an arguement that they could have blown it open by this point IMO

HorseFeathers

Burg takes first 2nd half drive down to the wildcat 11 yard line....and missed the FG

HorseFeathers

Hector promptly gives it back with a fumble..

HorseFeathers

Burg scored....Malachi West had the carry

HorseFeathers

Blake Koehn from 2 yards out for the Wildcat TD

2 pt no good

Burg 22
Hecror 20

453 left in 3Q

HorseFeathers

Disaster just struck for Mountainburg... 4th and long is bad enough ..but a bad snap leads to a long fumble...hector starts at the dragon 6...and scores on the first play

Hornet4ever

HorseFeathers

It's what a week 10 conference titles game should be...

HorseFeathers

Mountainburg turnvernon downs at the Wildcat 25
9:25 to go...

HorseFeathers

3rd and 14...Day with a desperation 35 yard throw for the first....

HorseFeathers

Hector turonver on downs.... Dragons 1st and 10 at their own 28 with 5:25 to go

HorseFeathers

Burg 4th and 8 at Hector 30 yard line...125 to go

They converted 4th and 13 earlier this drive

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Hector 26
Mountainburg 22
FINAL

Hector is the #1 seed, Mountainburg #2 seed

Wildcatalumni21

HOW ABOUT THEM WILDCATS!!!! Heck of a game by Burg!!! But we still the top dogs!!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 27, 2018, 11:21:52 am
I like the guys from Hector, and I respect their ball club, but they aren't winning this week. The only way Burg loses this game is if they let the glamour of the season take over.

I was dead wrong. Wow! Congrats to Hector on the big win.

I like my crow with a little salt and BBQ sauce. :)

HorseFeathers

Hornet....don't feel bad I almost didn't come...figured Mnt Burg would win by 2 TDS....

alaskanstorm

Congrats WCA I don't know how y'all pulled it off!! But y'all did  and now the rattlers get a shot at ending that home conference winning streak next year.  Good luck to both teams in the playoffs and represent the conference well.

Wildcatalumni21

I'm sorry and I'm not meaning the Burg posters but all we've heard is that we couldn't hang with Burg and everything else!! Big difference we knew how to win close games and what it takes to be champs! Burg does have some speed but not the fastest we've seen this year so our boys were prepared!! Feels good to be on top and have that home field throughout!! Best of luck to Burg and they are gonna be a very tough out!!

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas