• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg @ Hector 4-2A

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 27, 2018, 10:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

02cat

Wow what a game!!!! Congrats to my Wildcats on a HUGE victory tonight. We've been told all week that we couldn't hang. Everyone counted us out but you don't come to Wildcat Stadium very often and take us down, ecspecially on SR night. Dragons you have a very good team and I hope you make a deep run in playoffs. Safe travels back home!!!!

cuz

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 02, 2018, 09:31:53 pm
Hornet....don't feel bad I almost didn't come...figured Mnt Burg would win by 2 TDS....
Congratulations Hector, great game....

rattlerfan24

HorseFeathers

So quick question....

I seen on Hootens, that they said Mnt Burg locked up a share of the conference crown last week... But how can you share the crown with someone who beat you outright?

Mountainburg y'all had a heckuva team, played a heckuva game, and I wish y'all the best of luck with with Parker's Chapel next week... my question up above is more curiousity of if I'm wrong in what I've always thought.

Prouddragondad

Congrats Hector! Burg didn't play good and Hector did but that's the way it goes. We got to get ready for Parkers Chapel next week.

wiseguy

What a game! Didn't know who was going to win until final seconds :o Great job Wildcats!!!!!!!!! Burg has a great team,good game guys safe travels home!

02cat

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 02, 2018, 09:55:59 pm
So quick question....

I seen on Hootens, that they said Mnt Burg locked up a share of the conference crown last week... But how can you share the crown with someone who beat you outright?

Mountainburg y'all had a heckuva team, played a heckuva game, and I wish y'all the best of luck with with Parker's Chapel next week... my question up above is more curiousity of if I'm wrong in what I've always thought.

I believe they wrapped up a share as conference champs no matter if they won or lost. We both have same conference record now and will share Co-conference champs.

Wildcatalumni21

Chief Sitting Dragon

if Hector had not lost to Magazine there would not be a share of crown. Asking how the 2 5-1 teams share the crown when one beat the other would be like asking how Hector can finish above Magazine when they lost by 15 points to Magazine. That is just stupid question. Hector gets the reward of the top seed, that is all. Be happy Magazine lost to Lavaca or it would be a 3 way tie. In which case Hector would be the 3 seed and Burg the 1 seed.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on November 03, 2018, 12:07:50 am
if Hector had not lost to Magazine there would not be a share of crown. Asking how the 2 5-1 teams share the crown when one beat the other would be like asking how Hector can finish above Magazine when they lost by 15 points to Magazine. That is just stupid question. Hector gets the reward of the top seed, that is all. Be happy Magazine lost to Lavaca or it would be a 3 way tie. In which case Hector would be the 3 seed and Burg the 1 seed.
18 points to magazine ;)

But, well said.

wiseguy

A fair question- NOT a STUPID question ::)

HorseFeathers

So stupid I thought mountainburg would actually come to Hector and win by 3 touchdowns as shown by my pick in the 2a pickem 🙄🙄

It still doesn't make sense to me on the shared crown but I guess I'm just stupid

jsw6f0

If Hector lost to Magazine by 15 and Mt Ida beat Mag by 32 if Mt Ida beats Bearden does that mean Mt Ida beats Hector by 47?

HorseFeathers

beach bum

First let me say congrats to Hector on the conference title.... I have enjoyed following their program and glad to see their coach get the 1 seed in his first year at the helm. He is a really good guy and Hector is in good hands with him there.

On the other side you really feel for the Dragons as that may have been their last shot in a while to win an outright conference title which could have been their first. It will be extremely hard for them to replace their offensive production after this year. Their program and coaching is too good and stable at this point to drop off too far, but just can't see them staying at this high a level after this year. I see them going back to maybe the 3rd or 4th seed area after this year. That's why that has to sting for them. Both teams have a lot to be proud for such good seasons.

Wildcatalumni21

But guess what it, we are more happy that we continued our conference home winning streak and clinched that 1 seed last night!!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 02, 2018, 10:13:16 pm
Congrats Hector! Burg didn't play good and Hector did but that's the way it goes. We got to get ready for Parkers Chapel next week.
Neither team played great, we just made a few big catches and when needed to the most! #39 is a tough, hard nosed runner and #5 is very shifty! The key was not allowing the big plays and our defense stepped up and I think only allowed 2 plays of over 20 yards and those were both on 3rd and longs. Y'all will handle PC fairly easily and will give team fits for sure! Good luck Dragons and we will be pulling for y'all!

HorseFeathers

WCA one of those long plays was on a 4th and 13 on Burgs last drive...I thought burg was about to pull it out when they made that play..

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 03, 2018, 11:52:58 am
WCA one of those long plays was on a 4th and 13 on Burgs last drive...I thought burg was about to pull it out when they made that play..
That was a 18 yard gain I believe. But you're right

HorseFeathers

Ah...Felt like more at that point in the game

Prouddragondad

Quote from: beach bum on November 03, 2018, 10:00:22 am
First let me say congrats to Hector on the conference title.... I have enjoyed following their program and glad to see their coach get the 1 seed in his first year at the helm. He is a really good guy and Hector is in good hands with him there.

On the other side you really feel for the Dragons as that may have been their last shot in a while to win an outright conference title which could have been their first. It will be extremely hard for them to replace their offensive production after this year. Their program and coaching is too good and stable at this point to drop off too far, but just can't see them staying at this high a level after this year. I see them going back to maybe the 3rd or 4th seed area after this year. That's why that has to sting for them. Both teams have a lot to be proud for such good seasons.

I will have to disagree with you some cause I believe Burg will be back in it again next year. We have 9 guys who are starters or have started depending on who we play that will be back on defense and 7 guys on the offensive side that start or have started coming back. QB is just a sophomore and the big RB is just a junior. Yes we lose the 2 fast backs but we got a couple that were good in JH ball and have been waiting for there chance the last year or so. Next years team imo will be the biggest team we have seen. Most of the big boys are just juniors and one transfer that will play next year and he is big boy. With him I believe the coaches said we should have 6 guys that will be benching over 300 lbs by next season and that to me is impressive. If you look at all the teams in the conference everyone is losing there best players with the exception of Magazine. They will probably be the preseason pick to win it but one thing that will hurt them some is the low numbers and size on the lines. I see it being competitive again next year and come down to the end again on who wins it.

raven

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 06, 2018, 10:02:58 am
I will have to disagree with you some cause I believe Burg will be back in it again next year. We have 9 guys who are starters or have started depending on who we

I don't see burg being down next yr either. 

HorseFeathers

At the worst...Mnt Burg will be in the mix for at least the 3 seed, just like they have been for what..15 years now?

Wildcatalumni21

Hector will return alot as well. Return 7 on offense and 8 on defense

Dragonsvoice

okay its taking me this long to get over the loose but I am over it LOL! Congrats to the cats great game we had way to many penalties that we owned just another downer for the Burger's but that's football. hope all teams in 4-2a make some noise in the playoffs but looks like the Burg will have their hands full Good luck cats great game make a run at it!!

RATTLER43

Understood.  It's the way I felt after y'all put the hammer down on us.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 07, 2018, 05:23:34 pm
okay its taking me this long to get over the loose but I am over it LOL! Congrats to the cats great game we had way to many penalties that we owned just another downer for the Burger's but that's football. hope all teams in 4-2a make some noise in the playoffs but looks like the Burg will have their hands full Good luck cats great game make a run at it!!
Thanks and good luck to yall as well!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas