• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg @ Hector 4-2A

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 27, 2018, 10:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

Well I am starting it but just so we can get of the Mag's pages. I believe the Dragon's roll on to a first week bye. But Hector always a tough out.

Hornet4ever

I like the guys from Hector, and I respect their ball club, but they aren't winning this week. The only way Burg loses this game is if they let the glamour of the season take over.

Wildcatalumni21

Well I can't stand any of y'all so don't care what y'all think! We slay the Dragons this week!

Wildcatalumni21

I'm just messing 😂😂
I have tons of respect for Burg and you H4H. I expect a great game

RATTLER43

Could be a scoring fest.   Good luck.

Wildcatalumni21

I promise Burg won't be the fastest team we've faced this year. That would go to JC last night. I do expect some scoring from both sides though. We are tough to beat at home! Haven't lost a conference game at home since 2013 I believe. Looking to keep that alive and get another conference championship this week!

Prouddragondad

Well 3 games ago Coach Harrell decided it was time to play some of the best players both ways and now we have 4 or 5 going both ways. Since the move the starting defense has only givin up 6 points total against WYC/Hackett/Magazine. That's impressive especially against Hackett and Magazine who both have put some points on the board in games this year. Holding Magazine to zero 1st downs and less then 50 yards rushing in the first half shows how much better we are now on defense. JC maybe the fastest team you will play but I believe we are the fastest team in the conference but we also can pound the ball up the middle which we showed again last night. I don't think Hector can stop us and I believe we will be ready for the challenge of stopping the QB for Hector. He is a good ball player no doubt about it. I just think we are the better team and will come away with the W!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 27, 2018, 01:29:43 pm
Well 3 games ago Coach Harrell decided it was time to play some of the best players both ways and now we have 4 or 5 going both ways. Since the move the starting defense has only givin up 6 points total against WYC/Hackett/Magazine. That's impressive especially against Hackett and Magazine who both have put some points on the board in games this year. Holding Magazine to zero 1st downs and less then 50 yards rushing in the first half shows how much better we are now on defense. JC maybe the fastest team you will play but I believe we are the fastest team in the conference but we also can pound the ball up the middle which we showed again last night. I don't think Hector can stop us and I believe we will be ready for the challenge of stopping the QB for Hector. He is a good ball player no doubt about it. I just think we are the better team and will come away with the W!
I wish our coach would put best players on defense! Yes that is impressive I'll agree! JC gutted is up the middle all night but we would not make adjustments. If we don't do something different y'all will definitely score a bunch. Also we have seemed to of gotten away from getting our playmakers the ball consistently. Our play calling has become so predictable as well and it's tough to see these kids as talented as they are be put in bad situations over and over. I hope they have just been saving it for last game of the season lol

Prouddragondad

Coach always waits till the end of the year to start playing more guys both ways so they can stay fresh as long as they can. He still will sub for them to rest some but it's nice to see the best 11 on defense.

DragonFan10

The Dragons will happy to bring Hector's home conference winning streak to an end. Can't wait for Friday to get here!!!!

Wildcatalumni21

Boy these new Burg posters are coming out everywhere now!

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 27, 2018, 07:21:41 pm
Boy these new Burg posters are coming out everywhere now!
You can thank alaskanstorm for that with all the comments he made about Burg the last 3 weeks made more Burg fans want to get on here to argue with him. 😃

alaskanstorm

It is WYC week for the rattlers, the storm figures he would do some behind the scenes work this week.  I don't know why WCA should even bother going to the game the dragons will probably run wild on the cats. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 27, 2018, 08:10:24 pm
You can thank alaskanstorm for that with all the comments he made about Burg the last 3 weeks made more Burg fans want to get on here to argue with him. 😃
As long as they don't start in being disrespectful to me or about Hector I'll be fine. Just had to poke a little fun

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 27, 2018, 08:35:06 pm
It is WYC week for the rattlers, the storm figures he would do some behind the scenes work this week.  I don't know why WCA should even bother going to the game the dragons will probably run wild on the cats.
Not a fair weather fan. Don't even have a relative playing but I'm there every Friday night rooting these boys on! I coached alot of these boys in pee wee so I know what they are capable of

alaskanstorm

DnA Prostaff

Congratulations to the Dragons on a great season and a conference championship. After seeing the score of the Mountainburg and Magazine game, I am saying Mountainburg by 30+.    Hector beat us in overtime... you guys stomped us into the mud... literally! lol     Magazine beat us in overtime, you guys did the same there.    Good luck to you and congrats again....     

I know every week is new in high school football but I am sure that Hector probably dreads seeing that bus pull in.

JHFootball37

I don't know if something significant was going on in Magazine that week but I have to point out that Magazine lost to Bigelow early in the season so it's hard to give credits to a win over Magazine but the Burg is obviously the 4-2A team that everyone should be afraid to play, not taking that away from them at all.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 29, 2018, 10:58:30 am
I don't know if something significant was going on in Magazine that week but I have to point out that Magazine lost to Bigelow early in the season so it's hard to give credits to a win over Magazine but the Burg is obviously the 4-2A team that everyone should be afraid to play, not taking that away from them at all.

The giving credit from a win over Magazine is only significant within the conference. The posters from Magazine were making claims that this would be the year for Magazine to return to its former glory. They are much improved but I think Mountainburg was more "up" for this game than any other and ready to make a statement just to stop some of the talking...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 29, 2018, 09:33:50 am
Congratulations to the Dragons on a great season and a conference championship. After seeing the score of the Mountainburg and Magazine game, I am saying Mountainburg by 30+.    Hector beat us in overtime... you guys stomped us into the mud... literally! lol     Magazine beat us in overtime, you guys did the same there.    Good luck to you and congrats again....     

I know every week is new in high school football but I am sure that Hector probably dreads seeing that bus pull in.
We don't dread it. Looking forward to the challenge! Burg has an explosive offense and a stingy defense! Hope our coaches scheme up a game plan and actually stick to it!

wiseguy

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 29, 2018, 09:33:50 am

Sounds like Hector has been gut-stomped on paper and social media! Lotta talk going on, I'm ready to see the action 8)

HorseFeathers

Not sure why Hector would be scared....they played J.C last week...if ya aren't scared to call the Purple Dragons for a non-conference game, then surely the Blue Dragons don't scare ya...to much

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 29, 2018, 08:17:39 pm
Not sure why Hector would be scared....they played J.C last week...if ya aren't scared to call the Purple Dragons for a non-conference game, then surely the Blue Dragons don't scare ya...to much

Never said they were scared, never meant to imply that.  I said "dread seeing that bus pull in".   A lot of success on the football field comes from what happens inside that helmet. If a kid/team thinks they can win, they have a chance.   If they think they have no chance to win. The coach will be fighting an uphill battle all night. 

Given that Magazine beat Hector, and Burg blew out Magazine, I can understand the mentality of kids and the thought process of not thinking they can win.  However, I also stated that every week is different. Matchups are different, defenses are different, atmospheres, the list goes on.

I wasn't trying to dog Hector, they have a respectable program that has been tough consistently for many years. Nothing but respect for them.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 30, 2018, 08:14:33 am
Never said they were scared, never meant to imply that.  I said "dread seeing that bus pull in".   A lot of success on the football field comes from what happens inside that helmet. If a kid/team thinks they can win, they have a chance.   If they think they have no chance to win. The coach will be fighting an uphill battle all night. 

Given that Magazine beat Hector, and Burg blew out Magazine, I can understand the mentality of kids and the thought process of not thinking they can win.  However, I also stated that every week is different. Matchups are different, defenses are different, atmospheres, the list goes on.

I wasn't trying to dog Hector, they have a respectable program that has been tough consistently for many years. Nothing but respect for them.
We went to Magazine over confident and got punched in the mouth. Just couldn't come all the way back and had 5 fumbles. Not taking anything away from Magazine that night but our boys did not show up to play!

No disrespect taken, but I will say, at times we moved the ball very well on JC. 1st drive should've scored but dropped pass on the end zone. Got inside the red zone 3 more times just couldn't punch it in and then scored from 22 yards out. I know our offense can put up points, it's the defense that's gonna have to step up

DnA Prostaff

5 fumbles is hard to recover from for any team!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 30, 2018, 08:31:22 am
5 fumbles is hard to recover from for any team!
Yes it is, plus we didn't start throwing the ball til 4th qtr

Rida4Life

I just laugh every time I hear the northern teams talk about their "speed"!!

Ask Hector about the speed they saw last week.
The south is on a whole different level speed wise...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 30, 2018, 09:16:04 am

Hectir is accustomed to the speed. It's why we play 8-2a teams every year. But I will say our safety caught Cook from JC and another RB. Yes he had a decent angle but closed in the last 10 yards to make the tackle. Overall team speed we don't matchup with the south. Their LB's and DE's are just as quick

cuz

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 30, 2018, 09:16:04 am

Hector has some speed. Some faster than JC's but as posted earlier just not as much team speed....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: cuz on October 30, 2018, 11:16:15 am
Hector has some speed. Some faster than JC's but as posted earlier just not as much team speed....
Cuz y'all have a good squad. Thanks for giving us a little credit on our speed lol

Wildcatalumni21

Thought there would be more chatter from Burg posters?

Rida4Life

Is there a livestream for this game?

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 01, 2018, 08:08:37 am
Thought there would be more chatter from Burg posters?
Us not saying much doesn't mean we are not confident. We all truly believe that we will go to Hector and win Friday night. Burg people don't talk a lot of trash unless someone starts it first. We been letting our play on the field do the talking for us this year and so far it's been working pretty good.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 01, 2018, 09:04:59 am
Us not saying much doesn't mean we are not confident. We all truly believe that we will go to Hector and win Friday night. Burg people don't talk a lot of trash unless someone starts it first. We been letting our play on the field do the talking for us this year and so far it's been working pretty good.
Didn't say that meant y'all weren't confident. Not looking for trash talk either but talking about the game and stuff would make my week go by better lol

Prouddragondad

Lol! You could probably use it after all that crap with 42 sports

Rida4Life

Prouddragondad

02cat

Hector isn't doing livestream this year, sorry guys

Hawgpilot

Hector appears to having a "down" year based on their previous years success.  IMO Burg wins this game bc they put too much pressure on the defense.  The Burg offense, from what I've seen, resembles CC offense.  Burg has a returning class from last years squad that was close last year and this year I think they get it done.

Mt Burg gets in done in the 2nd half and wins by 10.

DnA Prostaff

I think Burg is better than most people think they are.  Hector has a good squad but only a few playmakers. Mountainburg has several guys that can hurt you.  They run 3 different backs.   You will not catch #5 in the open field, another one #14, he is almost as fast.  #39 is a big hard runner up the gut. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the qb, that one can go too....   Then if you can stop them on the run, they have #20 who is about 6'3" that can fly that they throw to........

Even though they beat Hackett, they are fun to watch!

AR_dawg3

I couldn't agree with DNA more! We have so many playmakers! We really don't do a whole lot of talking Wildcatalumni21! We usually just show you and play hard but man did magazine fans have us fired up last week! Lol good luck to hector but I think we got this one by 2 TDs!

02cat

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 01, 2018, 10:18:05 am
Hector appears to having a "down" year based on their previous years success.  IMO Burg wins this game bc they put too much pressure on the defense.  The Burg offense, from what I've seen, resembles CC offense.  Burg has a returning class from last years squad that was close last year and this year I think they get it done.

Mt Burg gets in done in the 2nd half and wins by 10.

I love that a down year can still be a winning record!! That shows, not just for us, but if you can go 6-4 in a season and be upset about it then you have built a good program. Safe travels tomorrow Burg!!!! Gonna be a chili one at the bottom of White Oak Mountain

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: 02cat on November 01, 2018, 12:03:31 pm
I love that a down year can still be a winning record!! That shows, not just for us, but if you can go 6-4 in a season and be upset about it then you have built a good program. Safe travels tomorrow Burg!!!! Gonna be a chili one at the bottom of White Oak Mountain
Couldn't agree more! Having a down year and playing for conference championship in Week 10. I expect a great game and we know the playmaking ability of Burg! But alot of people think we don't have many playmakers either. Guess we'll see

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 01, 2018, 09:35:16 am
Lol! You could probably use it after all that crap with 42 sports
Ain't that the truth!

DnA Prostaff

Dragonsvoice

I hate looking at scores with like appoints but it looks like the Burg's offense will be to much for the Cat's. But we will see how The Burg's D holds up against the pass. could be a tight one but I am going with the Dragons by 16 pts.
Go Dragons seal the deal!!!

Wildcatalumni21

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 01, 2018, 05:57:38 pm
Was just stating facts lol
Not to get it started again but will say you were right

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 01, 2018, 06:04:20 pm
Not to get it started again but will say you were right
Yeah lol. I'm done with it. What posters will be at the game?

Prouddragondad

Well I for sure will be there got to watch my son play and I believe Dragonvoice is going to. Most of the posters from Burg will be there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas