• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle v. Earle

Started by Sonofasonofasailor, October 27, 2018, 07:22:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonofasonofasailor

Carlisle is playing better since abandoning the spread for ground and pound.  On the other hand, their four wins have come against teams that have won a combined six games this year.  Earle has lost two in a row to quality opponents and the game is at Carlisle.  How should this one play out?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Carlisle can win, line up and run it right up the middle, they are weak.

who-knew

I'll take Carlisle in this one since Earle doesn't like smash mouth football

Old Scrapper

If Earles #15 is back it will be tough but  a winnable game, As long as the refs keep throwing the flags for illegal man down field,  because Earle will have about 8 or 9 running routes. 😂

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 27, 2018, 08:56:16 am
If Earles #15 is back it will be tough but  a winnable game, As long as the refs keep throwing the flags for illegal man down field,  because Earle will have about 8 or 9 running routes. 😂

15 was the qb right?

Old Scrapper

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 27, 2018, 09:34:21 am
Yes

he has a high ankle sprain, hes most likely done for the year.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on October 27, 2018, 07:22:26 am
Carlisle is playing better since abandoning the spread for ground and pound.  On the other hand, their four wins have come against teams that have won a combined six games this year.  Earle has lost two in a row to quality opponents and the game is at Carlisle.  How should this one play out?

I think this game will reveal just how much progress the Bison have made.  As you pointed out, their winning streak is awesome, but it has come against teams that are not very good.  I do think the Clarendon game was, by far, their best overall performance of the year. 

At the beginning of the year, I would have said you were crazy if you thought Carlisle could beat Earle, but the last couple of weeks, the Bulldogs have not fared well and have shown some major flaws/weaknesses that could be exploited.  It's also senior night for Carlisle, so maybe that will add some extra motivation for the boys.  I still am leaning towards a close loss for the Bison, but I hope they surprise me.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BisonFan1 on October 27, 2018, 09:42:38 am
I think this game will reveal just how much progress the Bison have made.  As you pointed out, their winning streak is awesome, but it has come against teams that are not very good.  I do think the Clarendon game was, by far, their best overall performance of the year. 

At the beginning of the year, I would have said you were crazy if you thought Carlisle could beat Earle, but the last couple of weeks, the Bulldogs have not fared well and have shown some major flaws/weaknesses that could be exploited.  It's also senior night for Carlisle, so maybe that will add some extra motivation for the boys.  I still am leaning towards a close loss for the Bison, but I hope they surprise me.

with #2 as qb, all earle did last night was just try to throw it down the field, they had some big gains against one of our c.b.'s and just kept going at him.

Old Scrapper

Earles passing game is pretty much throw it up and let the best man get it.

CaptainSwarm25

Carlisle by 12! Earle sucks at football. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lions84

Dogg

October 27, 2018, 03:32:12 pm #12 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:33:56 pm by Dogg
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 27, 2018, 09:35:12 am
he has a high ankle sprain, hes most likely done for the year.

He will play this week

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 27, 2018, 07:35:47 am
Carlisle can win, line up and run it right up the middle, they are weak.
Pick feel like gambling. Earle gets the W this week.

Old Scrapper

Dogg

He's is. His grandfather was a legend. His jersey is retired at Bald Knob. We got work to do. Hopefully we can get if fixed this week

Dogg

Quote from: Lions84 on October 27, 2018, 02:08:30 pm
Bison win over the Dawgs!
And Clarendon will get thumped regardless of who they play

MomaLion

You just can't handle it when someone picks against Earle. Typical.

Dogg

Only when someone from Clarendon does

NEark tigers

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 27, 2018, 03:43:20 pm
Tough kid!
He is a warrior. They need to be cautious with him heading into postseason play...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on October 27, 2018, 03:35:20 pm
Pick feel like gambling. Earle gets the W this week.

I'm not a gambler, but we did expect more of an effort last night. If you go to Carlisle with that same effort, you will leave the 4 seed.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on October 27, 2018, 03:32:12 pm
He will play this week

Either he doesn't have a high ankle sprain, nobody cares for his future, hes playing severely hurt or you trying to fake everyone out. If he plays, and has a high ankle sprain, no way is he very effective,  cause his best asset is his scrambling ability.

Dogg

If he has a high ankle there is no way he can play. I don't believe it is. We have to play regardless if he plays or not. Loved watching #63 work on the line last night. You mentioned the fans on another thread. Everybody that's familiar with Earle sports knows we only have a handful of  fans even at home for football. Basketball is another story, fans will pack a gym out at home or the road. It's been that way for over 25 yrs.  We will play better this week because we have to.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on October 27, 2018, 07:10:55 pm
If he has a high ankle there is no way he can play. I don't believe it is. We have to play regardless if he plays or not. Loved watching #63 work on the line last night. You mentioned the fans on another thread. Everybody that's familiar with Earle sports knows we only have a handful of  fans even at home for football. Basketball is another story, fans will pack a gym out at home or the road. It's been that way for over 25 yrs.  We will play better this week because we have to.

I was just going by someones report on the other thread about the high ankle sprain.  Heck I hope it is nothing.

Glad you didnt take offense to the fans comment. Heck I figured yalls football team had a large following.

And 63 is a large kid. And moves pretty good,and can be dominant if he wants to.

Good luck next week, if it's on Friday night, I will probably be there.

Dogg

No problem Pick, Coach will make the adjustments he needs to make and we should be fine. Don't know yet if the game is on Thursday or Friday

nightowl

will be a good game and earle will win

Bearden_Bear72

Des Arc surprised me beating Earle last week.  Definitely exposed a few weak spots in the D.  If Carlisle plays a good game with limited penalties then this can turn into a good game

Sugeknight

Hasbeen92

Sugeknight

i40traveler

2 weeks ago i would have said Earle by 100

Old Scrapper

Quote from: i40traveler on October 30, 2018, 10:53:48 am
2 weeks ago i would have said Earle by 100
I'm with you on that.

jbtiger73

I think Earle wins. Unless the bison sure up that run defense. Brinkley ran the ball pretty good on them. Especially in the second half. Their coach got in their butts, then they played better to finish the game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 30, 2018, 01:10:01 pm
I think Earle wins. Unless the bison sure up that run defense. Brinkley ran the ball pretty good on them. Especially in the second half. Their coach got in their butts, then they played better to finish the game.

heck earle better shore up their run defense, they have gave up 650 yards on the ground the last 2 weeks.

jbtiger73

MomaLion

Is this game Thurs or Fri?

Sonofasonofasailor

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 30, 2018, 01:14:04 pm

heck earle better shore up their run defense, they have gave up 650 yards on the ground the last 2 weeks.
We will see on Friday. Dogs D will step up

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Dogg on October 31, 2018, 07:50:13 am
We will see on Friday. Dogs D will step up
Dogg dont say this every week when and where will they step up next year probably

Dogg

Aren't you suppose to be doing community service some where this week.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Dogg on October 31, 2018, 10:10:15 am
Aren't you suppose to be doing community service some where this week.
u probably need to do some because football is not yall thing

MUSTANGSALLY23

Ill take Carlisle by 14+. If Earle gets down, they are OUT.

Dogg

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on October 31, 2018, 11:12:01 am
[/quote
Don't look like it's y'all either. If memory serves me correct I can recall Hampton being a perennial power in football

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Dogg on October 31, 2018, 01:20:31 pm
Quote from: sheepdawg92 on October 31, 2018, 11:12:01 am
[/quote
Don't look like it's y'all either. If memory serves me correct I can recall Hampton being a perennial power in football
yall a 3 or 4th seed in the weakest conference  in state of arkansas

Dogg

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on October 31, 2018, 01:27:53 pm
yall a 3 or 4th seed in the weakest conference  in state of arkansas
And Hampton has won what ?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on October 31, 2018, 02:03:50 pm

he must think earle is still in the 3, no way hes calling the 6 weak.

Dogg

Pick Hampton probably has 1 conference title nor more that 2 in football since intergration

Sugeknight

Quote from: Dogg on October 31, 2018, 02:03:50 pm

Yea, Hampton hasn't won anything? Do they have anything in their Trophy Case to justify this type of noise talk?

razorbackrob

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sugeknight on October 31, 2018, 03:18:59 pm
Yea, Hampton hasn't won anything? Do they have anything in their Trophy Case to justify this type of noise talk?

Yes, they have montas trailer in the trophy case.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas