• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Foreman 7-2a Championship Game

Started by Redzone, October 26, 2018, 10:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Gurdon
25 (33.3%)
Foreman
50 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: November 02, 2018, 10:35:28 pm

72aDaddy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 28, 2018, 09:09:04 pm
whats there numbers?
36 is accurate. Only a couple play both ways, even including high pressure moments. Some 9th graders will move up this or next week and depth will be shamefully good.

godgiven999

They moved up, 12 freshman
Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 28, 2018, 11:45:48 pm
36 is accurate. Only a couple play both ways, even including high pressure moments. Some 9th graders will move up this or next week and depth will be shamefully good.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 28, 2018, 03:56:18 pm

Greyhound has been around for like 10 years on here... You're a newb that probably stops posting when gurdon loses early in the playoffs like they've done every time they've been good in 2a 🤷
He just don't know.

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 28, 2018, 09:59:44 pm
playoff 2017
1st rd against  #1 seed Hector     Turner 294 rushing  3TD
2nd rd against #2 seed Palenstine Wheatly  Turner 228 4td
3rd rd against  #1 seed Earle   Turner 201 yds 1 td
4th Rd against #1 Foreman  Turner 111 yd rushing and 1 TD

2017 Playoff Totals  833 rushing yds and 9td's
I can say one thing Turner can flat out go.

72aDaddy

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 29, 2018, 08:52:23 am
He just don't know.
Don't know what? To note: I've been on this board for well over 10 years. My former screen names are forgettable, hence the new name.

Wantobe

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 28, 2018, 09:59:44 pm
playoff 2017
1st rd against  #1 seed Hector     Turner 294 rushing  3TD
2nd rd against #2 seed Palenstine Wheatly  Turner 228 4td
3rd rd against  #1 seed Earle   Turner 201 yds 1 td
4th Rd against #1 Foreman  Turner 111 yd rushing and 1 TD

2017 Playoff Totals  833 rushing yds and 9td's
Thanks for the stats. He's a good running back. I knew that he was given the ball a lot in the Foreman game and I thought that I remembered him scoring later in the game.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wantobe on October 29, 2018, 10:12:01 am
Thanks for the stats. He's a good running back. I knew that he was given the ball a lot in the Foreman game and I thought that I remembered him scoring later in the game.

10 carries

M.I. D

stuck in between

IdaLions

To bad Foreman is all the way at the Texas line😂, I would go see it if it was closer

dawgpound

couch-coach06

Well after watching a little film and studying some stats I'll make my prediction .. both teams have elite defenses idk who number 74 is on gurdons dline but he has a heck of a motor and is big really pops out on film .. I'll take the Gators 21 - 14 in this one.. I think both D's are elite however I gota give the offensive edge too foreman .. the Gators have punted 5 times this season and gurdon has 15 times .. gurdon has averaged throwing the ball 3-5 times a game I suspect after watching the film against Murfreesboro this may increase a little for this game .. if not foreman has proven that they are hard too run the football against ..although gurdon is solid on the offensive side of the ball they lack an elite playmaker like batey . This coupled with the game being in foreman and gurdon coming off a physical and mental battle with mt. Ida I give the 7 pt advantage too foreman

WorkOrder

Will this game be live streamed or on the radio?

ISU7

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 30, 2018, 07:37:33 am
Will this game be live streamed or on the radio?
Workorder, you can ride with me?

Lionsquatch

Based on seeing both of these teams against Ida, I didn't see enough from Gurdon to believe they will win this.  But this is pregame comparisons which don't always mean much.  But I think Foreman takes this one by 2-3 TDs because they are just as physical but have a little bit more speed.

Old Scrapper

Got to admit that it will be a huge win for Gurdon if they can pull it off.

cuz

Foreman will take this if they' remotely healthy....

HOLLYWOOD

Will the Gators be able to match up with the mighty Go-Devils??? Does anyone know the overall record between the two teams?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on October 30, 2018, 01:43:30 pm
Will the Gators be able to match up with the mighty Go-Devils??? Does anyone know the overall record between the two teams?
9-2 in favor of Gurdon, Gurdon has won the last 7 games.

Redzone

Quote from: cuz on October 30, 2018, 11:19:25 am
Foreman will take this if they' remotely healthy....

Everyone except Carver is 100% and ready to go

72aDaddy

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 30, 2018, 11:01:46 am
Based on seeing both of these teams against Ida, I didn't see enough from Gurdon to believe they will win this.  But this is pregame comparisons which don't always mean much.  But I think Foreman takes this one by 2-3 TDs because they are just as physical but have a little bit more speed.
A little bit more speed does not equate to a 3 td blowout, a lot more speed does.

But, we'll see. Gurdon is a team. Foreman is a player.

couch-coach06

Yeah rest of our team sucks .. that one player is a bad arse I heard he had a 150 tackles for loss and 4 shut outs by himself....

godgiven999

October 30, 2018, 07:59:23 pm #73 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:15:16 pm by godgiven999
No, but without him Foreman lost to a 3 seed.
Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 30, 2018, 07:53:44 pm
Yeah rest of our team sucks .. that one player is a bad arse I heard he had a 150 tackles for loss and 4 shut outs by himself....

72aDaddy

Stahp. Foreman doesn't win without him. Foreman would drop like an anchor back down to the 72a cellar. But you know this.

72aDaddy

couch-coach06

Yep by 1 point in a down poor also without the starting full back and a running back .. still held them too less points than y'all did.   And we were coming off an emotional and physical game against mt ida just like you guys will be this week .. better not show up with a hangover

Old Scrapper

+1 LOL

couch-coach06

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 30, 2018, 08:05:56 pm
Stahp. Foreman doesn't win without him. Foreman would drop like an anchor back down to the 72a cellar. But you know this.

We would still have the best defense in the conference without him .. we would definitely struggle offensivly

Redzone

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2018, 07:59:23 pm

You mean without him, & our starting full back, & our #1 slot back. The three guys that touch the ball the most all were injured in the same game.

Redzone

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 30, 2018, 08:08:33 pm
Yep by 1 point in a down poor also without the starting full back and a running back .. still held them too less points than y'all did.   And we were coming off an emotional and physical game against mt ida just like you guys will be this week .. better not show up with a hangover
👏

Eslim03

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 30, 2018, 08:05:56 pm

Obviously you don't know much about the gators to say things like this but come Friday don't disappear when the gators beat Gurdon. Also foreman will still be one of the favorites in the 7 next season. As a matter of fact next year seniors won the junior conference in their freshmen season.

72aDaddy

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 30, 2018, 09:03:58 pm

Obviously you don't know much about the gators to say things like this but come Friday don't disappear when the gators beat Gurdon. Also foreman will still be one of the favorites in the 7 next season. As a matter of fact next year seniors won the junior conference in their freshmen season.
Denial is strong in Foreman, I see.

ak58

Wishbone vs. flex bone! Going to be a dandy.

couch-coach06

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 06:17:01 am

Not really ... Conference will be awful next year foreman has of good of shot as anyone

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 30, 2018, 07:42:01 pm

Wow!! Man, you are sharp!!! If only other teams knew that we would REALLY be in trouble!!! Please don't tell anyone that!! I mean NOBODY has just tried stopping #5 before....

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 06:17:01 am

And STUPIDITY is in full force in Gurdon!!! All joking aside, I believe the game between Foreman & Gurdon will be a good game. In the end I think we will find out that both teams are very good!

72aDaddy

Quote from: GatorBall on October 31, 2018, 08:47:47 am
And STUPIDITY is in full force in Gurdon!!! All joking aside, I believe the game between Foreman & Gurdon will be a good game. In the end I think we will find out that both teams are very good!
it'll be a good game. If Gurdon gets to Batey early and doesn't let him dance around the edge, Gurdon will impose their will and win. Not win going away, not how Gurdon plays, but win nonetheless. Mt Ida's dive was what they had. Gurdon took it away. Batey around the edge is what Foreman has. Result against that is TBD, but I will never doubt Coach Jackson's ability to limit the opposing offenses strength.

To the point, a Batey-less Foreman is the 7-2a's 4th seed. To their credit/luck, they have him on their team and they're a 1/2 seed and a title fav.

sheepdawg92

Gurdon luck will run out this weekend they will not be able to contain or stop Batey... and the Game is in Gator field I smell trouble for Gurdon I believe they had amazing season but after losing this week I don't see them getting out of the second round

COACH-Mike

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 30, 2018, 07:42:01 pm
A little bit more speed does not equate to a 3 td blowout, a lot more speed does.

You keep thinking that.  I've seen that bunch at Foreman since 3rd grade.  Batey is not all they got.   Foreman by 4...... TD's

COACH-Mike

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2018, 07:59:23 pm
For the record they were not without him.

couch-coach06

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 09:19:01 am
it'll be a good game. If Gurdon gets to Batey early and doesn't let him dance around the edge, Gurdon will impose their will and win. Not win going away, not how Gurdon plays, but win nonetheless. Mt Ida's dive was what they had. Gurdon took it away. Batey around the edge is what Foreman has. Result against that is TBD, but I will never doubt Coach Jackson's ability to limit the opposing offenses strength.

To the point, a Batey-less Foreman is the 7-2a's 4th seed. To their credit/luck, they have him on their team and they're a 1/2 seed and a title fav.

If you take away batey around the edge we will just run it up the gut 4 or 5 yards a pop .. it's however you want it ...really

couch-coach06

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 31, 2018, 09:40:44 am
For the record they were not without him.

Well he hobled around and handed the ball off.. anyway not too take anything away from mineral it was a perfect storm ... Litterally .. too get beat

stuck in between

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 09:19:01 am

I don't really care to get involved with all the back biting and jawing, but I do want to point out that Foreman's fullback did average over 10 yards per carry against Mount Ida and he was their 2nd leading rusher for the game. I do not believe anyone on Gurdon's team came close to that. While the Gators are very much one demensional as far as the run to imply that they only have one weapon at their disposal just isn't true. I look forward to watching this game and wish you guys from Gurdon safe travels.

sheepdawg92

from what i seen about foreman they have more then batey but when need a play  he will take over and lead their team to a win i make be wrong but in foreman town with the it being probably their senior night i just don't see gurdon have a fight chance it probably be close at first then foreman offense will get to pound wearing them out

COACH-Mike

I'm glad to see this heating up.  But it's kinda hacked me off a bit as my Hornets are being disrespected by both of you guys.  First off All Foreman's players played against us.  And Batey was 100% to start the game and he was held to 58 yards on 19 carries.  28 first half and 30 the second.  Carver played sparingly.  Against Gurdon you had 300 yards in the first 3 quarters and when Beal entered the game in the 4th you had 17 total yards. Number 2 had 8 carries for 5 yards after Beal entered the game.  With him we are a different team.  For the record we aint scared to get any of you guys in the playoff's.  WE COMING!!!!!!  Go Gators cause I cant stand Gurdon and their ego's!  Really want them in our part of the bracket so we can kick that tail in Gurdon.

Billy the Kid

Big plays from Batey is what keeps the gators going. Limit the big play and you give yourself a chance. Go-Devils rolling on D and offense has lots of weapons. Going to be a great atmosphere. Couldn't ask for a better week 10. Going with the Go-Devils 28-14

couch-coach06

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 31, 2018, 09:55:48 am
I'm glad to see this heating up.  But it's kinda hacked me off a bit as my Hornets are being disrespected by both of you guys.  First off All Foreman's players played against us.  And Batey was 100% to start the game and he was held to 58 yards on 19 carries.  28 first half and 30 the second.  Carver played sparingly.  Against Gurdon you had 300 yards in the first 3 quarters and when Beal entered the game in the 4th you had 17 total yards. Number 2 had 8 carries for 5 yards after Beal entered the game.  With him we are a different team.  For the record we aint scared to get any of you guys in the playoff's.  WE COMING!!!!!!  Go Gators cause I cant stand Gurdon and their ego's!  Really want them in our part of the bracket so we can kick that tail in Gurdon.

Mike mineral is a good football team but we out gained y'all by like 150 yards .. bottom line is you can't turn the ball over 5 times and beat good football teams regardless of injured players or not .. good luck in the playoffs

couch-coach06

Quote from: Billy the Kid on October 31, 2018, 09:56:48 am
Big plays from Batey is what keeps the gators going. Limit the big play and you give yourself a chance. Go-Devils rolling on D and offense has lots of weapons. Going to be a great atmosphere. Couldn't ask for a better week 10. Going with the Go-Devils 28-14

Gurdon will not score 28 pts

COACH-Mike

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 31, 2018, 09:59:44 am
Mike mineral is a good football team but we out gained y'all by like 150 yards .. bottom line is you can't turn the ball over 5 times and beat good football teams regardless of injured players or not .. good luck in the playoffs
270 to 217 is not 150 yards.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas