• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Foreman 7-2a Championship Game

Started by Redzone, October 26, 2018, 10:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Gurdon
25 (33.3%)
Foreman
50 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: November 02, 2018, 10:35:28 pm

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Billy the Kid on October 31, 2018, 09:56:48 am
Big plays from Batey is what keeps the gators going. Limit the big play and you give yourself a chance. Go-Devils rolling on D and offense has lots of weapons. Going to be a great atmosphere. Couldn’t ask for a better week 10. Going with the Go-Devils 28-14
Gurdon will be shut out!

couch-coach06

72aDaddy

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 31, 2018, 09:41:01 am
If you take away batey around the edge we will just run it up the gut 4 or 5 yards a pop .. it's however you want it ...really
That isn't happening. Foreman wins if and only if Batey goes off. I've watched a little film on Foreman. Batey is fast, but he typically runs from contact and walks gingerly when hit. He then starts running gingerly. The tape doesn't lie. Gurdon will be bringing the contact, believe in that. Also, Gurdon welcomes your FB dive.

As for being shut out...we'll see. It's easy to bump gums on Wednesday for both sides.

couch-coach06

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 10:36:42 am
That isn't happening. Foreman wins if and only if Batey goes off. I've watched a little film on Foreman. Batey is fast, but he typically runs from contact and walks gingerly when hit. He then starts running gingerly. The tape doesn't lie. Gurdon will be bringing the contact, believe in that. Also, Gurdon welcomes your FB dive.

As for being shut out...we'll see. It's easy to bump gums on Wednesday for both sides.

Lol he runs away from contact alright ... Watch him play defense

IdaLions

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 31, 2018, 10:40:26 am

Lol he runs away from contact alright ... Watch him play defense

I think that he meant that on offense his first option isn't to truck players. His mindset is to use his agility to beat them. Heck if I had his speed in high school that would have been my plan too lol. The kid will come hit you on defense though. Seen it on film and in person. He ain't scared of contact.

couch-coach06

Correct most of the time it's a one on one situation why the heck would you not try too beat him and go score versus running him over.

Billy the Kid

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 31, 2018, 10:20:16 am
Gurdon will be shut out!
Coach, shutout? Come on man! Give credit where credit is due. I understand getting on here and running your mouth and trying to stir stuff up but this is going to be a great match up. Be realistic. There's nothing wrong with you think Foreman will win but Gurdon is a good football team.

sheepdawg92

i don't think gurdon will be shut out but they not ready for what foremen do

youhavenoidea

If game is at Gurdon I would give them a huge chance of winning, but at Foreman I think it's all Gators
Gurdon 20  Foreman 36

Billy the Kid

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on October 31, 2018, 11:15:05 am
i don't think gurdon will be shut out but they not ready for what foremen do
What the triple option out of the flex bone? It's no secret what they do. Gurdon is ready for it it's just up to 14-18 year olds to execute the plan.

If that's the case then Foreman isn't ready for what Gurdon does.

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 10:36:42 am

LOL...man, you really crack me up! I hope you are part of Gurdon's scout team and is telling them all of your brilliant observations! I've been watching this kid play since he was 9 years old. Anyone that has actually seen him play knows "runs from contact" is hilarious! Now as Ida put it, yeah, if he's one on one with someone and he knows he's faster and quicker than the person he's going against it would be stupid to try and run over them when you can shake and bake, then leave them in the dust. He is guilty of that from time to time of doing that but he will flat run you over if your between him and the goal line and he just has to beat you for short yardage. But enough of the jawing back and forth. We will see what happens Friday night.

By the way, since your the scout for the team it would be smart to let your WR's know they better keep their head on a swivel when their running a slant rout across the middle. Just a fair warning...that kid that "runs from contact" will be running free in the secondary.

Redzone

Foreman's defense is averaging 3 points per game. I don't see Gurdon scoring but once honestly. It'll be 21-7 in favor of the Gators.

godgiven999

Gurdon is outstanding defensively, they have enough speed to protect the edge and enough power to clog the middle. Gurdon held Mt Ida to less yards and points than what Foreman did. With that said I personally think Foreman wins 14-7 if Batey plays healthy. If not Gurdon rolls 14:7

72aDaddy

Quote from: GatorBall on October 31, 2018, 11:29:45 am
LOL...man, you really crack me up! I hope you are part of Gurdon's scout team and is telling them all of your brilliant observations! I've been watching this kid play since he was 9 years old. Anyone that has actually seen him play knows "runs from contact" is hilarious! Now as Ida put it, yeah, if he's one on one with someone and he knows he's faster and quicker than the person he's going against it would be stupid to try and run over them when you can shake and bake, then leave them in the dust. He is guilty of that from time to time of doing that but he will flat run you over if your between him and the goal line and he just has to beat you for short yardage. But enough of the jawing back and forth. We will see what happens Friday night.

By the way, since your the scout for the team it would be smart to let your WR's know they better keep their head on a swivel when their running a slant rout across the middle. Just a fair warning...that kid that "runs from contact" will be running free in the secondary.
Not too worried about him on D. He will need to play well to help turn things inside and I'm sure his speed will help limit big plays on the edge. His threat is on offense. He can take over a game and win it on 10 carries vs anyone if the opposing defense isn't prepared.

godgiven999

Weather could play a big factor in reducing speed. Its suppose to rain off and on firthe next 3days.

COACH-Mike

Gurdon Goose EGG!  Foreman rolls.  Cant wait to hear the excuses?

Eslim03

Gurdon will be lucky to score 14 and the gators will score in the 30's. Gurdon's offense isn't prolific actually to me looks pedestrian in film. Defense is good but foreman defense is better. These Gurdon guys will understand why the gators are the defending state champs around 10 o'clock Friday night.

IdaLions

Let me just breakdown what both offenses do

Foreman(Flexbone)
• going to run the Triple Option till the cows come home. Must be able to stop the FB dive. Stopping this will hurt a lot. Of course you have to stop Batey. Which I think Gurdon will do at a moderate level. Batey will get some good runs, but he will be stopped a lot more than people think

Gurdon(Wishbone)
• Passing game was meh against Mount Ida. Two main running backs is #2 and #4(I think he was #4). #2 is very quick, very agile and overall will make a few big plays. #4 runs very hard. Aggressive player who will surprise you. QB ain't afraid to run on play action pass plays. They are going to run the belly plays to death. I swear there was one series that was all they ran lol. They are a scrappy bunch, and their crowd is very loud and will match Foreman's.

BlueNGold52

Foreman by 14 if they show up healthy and focused. Batey has shown a tendency to run timid at times but if he is focused and his mind is right he will have a minimum of 175yds and 3 scores in this game. Foreman has 3 capable ball carriers and they will get enough yds inside to get you to sellout and Batey will beat you around the end. If the Batey that showed up at War Memorial last Dec. shows up against the Go-Devils and he is focused he will run through first contact and be tough to bring down and the Go-Devils dont have the speed to catch him. I expect a good physical game but Foreman wins going away. IMO

godgiven999

Naw, If we lose I'll eat crow
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 31, 2018, 12:54:50 pm
Gurdon Goose EGG!  Foreman rolls.  Cant wait to hear the excuses?

Redzone

Looks like we should have some good weather tomorrow. Hopefully the field won't be muddy from all the rain last night.

jsw6f0

Foreman 21-0. Foreman's defense is too good. Mt Ida would have held Gurdon scoreless last week if not for giving them a short field. Gator defense far better than Mt Ida.

72aDaddy

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 01, 2018, 09:02:52 am
Foreman 21-0. Foreman's defense is too good. Mt Ida would have held Gurdon scoreless last week if not for giving them a short field. Gator defense far better than Mt Ida.
Can't take a common football variable out of the equation as if it's an unforseen anomaly. Foreman better hug that football or it'll be strip city vs them too.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2018, 08:04:31 pm
Naw, If we lose I'll eat crow
Might as well get Allen's BBQ to send you some sauce cause you are gonna eat some CROW.

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 01, 2018, 09:10:13 am
Can't take a common football variable out of the equation as if it's an unforseen anomaly. Foreman better hug that football or it'll be strip city vs them too.

I agree!! If Foreman holds onto the ball and wins the turnover battle, they will win this game. If they don't, then another Smackover or Mineral Springs game could happen...I think they are pumped about this game. There's not a kid on that team that doesn't understand how big this game is. There's not a kid on that team that won't be hyped to the nth degree! And in the past when they are up for a game, as I can assure you they will be in this one, they usually do pretty good! We will see....

jsw6f0

Not sure about strip city we missed on a fake punt once.

72aDaddy

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 01, 2018, 10:19:57 am
The Fox16 highlights had 2 rips highlighted alone. And I know there was another one.

godgiven999

It is some good sauce  ;D
Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 01, 2018, 09:29:27 am
Might as well get Allen's BBQ to send you some sauce cause you are gonna eat some CROW.

godgiven999

Twice, the first one was where the punter threw to a receiver that got absolutely walloped, which lead to a TD drive. Second the punter tried to run around the right end and was walloped as well.
Second TD drive was from 2nd strip fumble.
Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 01, 2018, 10:19:57 am

godgiven999

November 01, 2018, 11:11:43 am #129 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:14:22 am by godgiven999
Ida fumbled 4 times, lost two, both are on Fox highlights. Plus there were several TO on downs.
Gurdon fumbled 1 but retained the ball.
Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 01, 2018, 10:58:45 am
The Fox16 highlights had 2 rips highlighted alone. And I know there was another one.

stuck in between

Godgiven999, man you keep messing with my head the way you use the quote feature. I'll make you a deal. If Foremin wins you have to start using it correctly. If Gurdon wins I'll use it your way the rest of the year.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: stuck in between on November 01, 2018, 11:55:14 am
Godgiven999, man you keep messing with my head the way you use the quote feature. I'll make you a deal. If Foremin wins you have to start using it correctly. If Gurdon wins I'll use it your way the rest of the year.

Thats fair bet....lol     Is there a live feed for this game?

HOLLYWOOD

Gurdon by 8 this week. The gators reached their climax last year and Mt ida 2 years ago and Gurdon has just begun their climb. Watch out 7-2A the Devils are back  8). And lets not act like Batey is the best of all time out of the 7-2A. His older brother was even better. Harvell from Gurdon is heads and shoulders above Batey

Eslim03

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on November 01, 2018, 01:34:51 pm
Gurdon by 8 this week. The gators reached their climax last year and Mt ida 2 years ago and Gurdon has just begun their climb. Watch out 7-2A the Devils are back  8). And lets not act like Batey is the best of all time out of the 7-2A. His older brother was even better. Harvell from Gurdon is heads and shoulders above Batey   

You got to be delusional with that way of thinking. Nothing in that entire post is accurate.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 01, 2018, 01:51:37 pm

You got to be delusional with that way of thinking. Nothing in that entire post is accurate.

All Gurdon Posters are delusional.  Gators roll!  They are out of touch.

godgiven999

if Gurdon wins you have to say the go Devils rock at the end of every post from here on out and you have a deal
Quote from: stuck in between on November 01, 2018, 11:55:14 am

72aDaddy

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 01, 2018, 01:58:36 pm
All Gurdon Posters are delusional.  Gators roll!  They are out of touch.
Wasn't that you stating just last week Mt Ida blows Gurdon out?

couch-coach06

Lol boy that's funny

COACH-Mike

Here is one for you.  74 for Gurdon will be owned by sophomore 79 from Foreman.  He will whip that arse all night.

CURLEYWOLF24

Batey got that ring, Jackie do not!  Both very good players....

godgiven999

Lets not get to carried away now!
Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 01, 2018, 02:55:26 pm
Here is one for you.  74 for Gurdon will be owned by sophomore 79 from Foreman.  He will whip that arse all night.

couch-coach06

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 01, 2018, 03:05:46 pm
Batey got that ring, Jackie do not!  Both very good players....

Oh harvel is great there's an argument too be made there .. as for who was better between the batey brothers .. that's not debatable

72aDaddy

And kids, this is Exhibit A as to why you should say no to drugs.

G-HIGH

Are you serious? He is like 7 inches shorter and gives up 30 pounds to our "74" as you call him.

bearfan

Is there a broadcast or a live stream for this game

Lionsquatch

72aDaddy

dawgpound

GatorBall

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas