• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Ida @ Gurdon

Started by godgiven999, October 19, 2018, 09:24:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

Its jumping out a airplane lol ;D

72aDaddy

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 24, 2018, 08:21:07 am
Ida's QB runs a 4.68 and Dyer runs a 4.5 so...
4.5 eh? He must have at least 1 backwoods D2 offer from somewhere then?

godgiven999

He was typing too fast he meant 5.4
Ole sport

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 24, 2018, 08:46:29 am
He was typing too fast he meant 5.4
Ole sport

Before I start, just wanted to say I love The Great Gatsby "ole sport"😂. Mount Ida's QB prolly runs a 4.7(at best) while Dyer runs around a 4.6. Not the fastest times for 2A, but those are our fastest. They may not have speed no, but I can guarantee Mount Ida will be for physical, even if they are slower and smaller. I've heard Gurdon has a big line, we'll  see if they can match up against Mount Ida.

Lionsquatch

"Speed" for Mount Ida has been usually average for everyone else excluding a few people every few years such as Lowry and Forga in 2015 and 2017.  But when Dyer or Jackson gets out in space or hits the edge you ain't catching them.  Now same goes for Gurdon, you won't catch them in space.  But Ida gets you with power as we all know.  Now is all of this trash talk really gonna settle anything?  Let's just all calm down and wait for Friday to watch this speed and power collide and see who comes out on top.

godgiven999

Good post
Quote from: IdaLions on October 24, 2018, 09:00:58 am
Before I start, just wanted to say I love The Great Gatsby "ole sport"😂. Mount Ida's QB prolly runs a 4.7(at best) while Dyer runs around a 4.6. Not the fastest times for 2A, but those are our fastest. They may not have speed no, but I can guarantee Mount Ida will be for physical, even if they are slower and smaller. I've heard Gurdon has a big line, we'll  see if they can match up against Mount Ida.

godgiven999

October 24, 2018, 09:16:22 am #56 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:18:28 am by godgiven999

godgiven999

It's all in fun! Ida usually is very physical and has become a great rivalry game in the 7. I just like to jaw ole sport  :D
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 24, 2018, 09:14:29 am
Good post

godgiven999

It's all in fun! Ida usually is very physical and has become a great rivalry game in the 7. I just like to jaw ole sport  :D
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 24, 2018, 09:14:29 am
Good post

G-HIGH

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 24, 2018, 09:09:29 am
"Speed" for Mount Ida has been usually average for everyone else excluding a few people every few years such as Lowry and Forga in 2015 and 2017.  But when Dyer or Jackson gets out in space or hits the edge you ain't catching them.  Now same goes for Gurdon, you won't catch them in space.  But Ida gets you with power as we all know.  Now is all of this trash talk really gonna settle anything?  Let's just all calm down and wait for Friday to watch this speed and power collide and see who comes out on top.
Great Idea! Should be descent weather as well and a great crowd on both sides. Both teams will come out swingin and we will see a heck of a show for sure

IdaLions

Finally was able to see some film on Gurdon. Golly they are big! Fast too, honestly may have as much overall team speed as Foreman. Mount Ida is gonna have to contain those shifty backs, and play notebook physical than they have all years.

Updates Score Predicion

28-24 Mount Ida

72aDaddy

Quote from: IdaLions on October 24, 2018, 06:23:29 pm
Finally was able to see some film on Gurdon. Golly they are big! Fast too, honestly may have as much overall team speed as Foreman. Mount Ida is gonna have to contain those shifty backs, and play notebook physical than they have all years.

Updates Score Predicion

28-24 Mount Ida
All bull aside, Ida is statistically better. Ida OOC opponent record is like 11-12 while Gurdon's is 8-15. Average margin of score for Ida is 41-6 while Gurdon's is 33-9. On paper, not taking personnel into account, Mount Ida has the better team. But every game has its different set of dynamics and match ups matter. I could see this game, pending the bounce of the ball, truly capable of going all directions. Blowout W for either team, comfortable W for either team, or a nail biting down to the wire W. In the full tilt of the word, it's a crapshoot.

IdaLions

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 24, 2018, 07:17:03 pm
All bull aside, Ida is statistically better. Ida OOC opponent record is like 11-12 while Gurdon's is 8-15. Average margin of score for Ida is 41-6 while Gurdon's is 33-9. On paper, not taking personnel into account, Mount Ida has the better team. But every game has its different set of dynamics and match ups matter. I could see this game, pending the bounce of the ball, truly capable of going all directions. Blowout W for either team, comfortable W for either team, or a nail biting down to the wire W. In the full tilt of the word, it's a crapshoot.

I honestly agree 100%. whoever wants it more will get it.

SWAT11

Gordon's a good team. Record shows it. But if they beat Mt.ida it will be an upset. They have numbers they have all that speed. Fairly sound. Historically I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've read on here Ida is too slow. Not enough speed. Can't stop speed. But, with that said. They win. A lot. 47-4 last 4 seasons. And if you think that Betey isn't a freak of nature when healthy your wrong. He has speed, strength, agility, and vision. Speed helps you win but obviously doesn't guarantee a win. Ida won a state title without a single player having a 4.7 or faster. In the early 2000s boonville did the same thing. I love running teams and both of these two are. Wish-bone vs. split back.

Maynard G Krebs

Article on this game in DemGaz today

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 24, 2018, 07:17:03 pm

The only thing different I would say is I believe if there is a blowout (team wins by 20 points or more) I believe it will be Mt Ida who does it. I believe that Gurdon is good and shouldn't be taken lightly, by anyone, but the only thing that concerns me about them is turnovers. If they have a game where they have multiple turnovers like they have had in numerous games (over half their games) this year so far, Ida will make them pay for it dearly. If they have no turnovers then it COULD be close. I still think Ida pulls this one out.

It's so hard to stop Lagrange! And Dyer and Jackson are very good ballplayers who are fiery!! They will have their team fired up!!

godgiven999

I looked and wasn't able to find it can you post to link?
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 25, 2018, 06:29:21 am
Article on this game in DemGaz today

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 25, 2018, 07:40:03 am
I looked and wasn't able to find it can you post to link?

Page 4C in High School Report, far right column under heading "Gurdon".

Sorry no link, not sure how to do that.

godgiven999

October 25, 2018, 10:04:09 am #68 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:07:13 am by godgiven999
First article under sports titled warrior deficit something, about half way down
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/25/warriors-keep-cool-deficit/quote author=Maynard G Krebs link=topic=157404.msg3639504#msg3639504 date=1540475673]
Page 4C in High School Report, far right column under heading "Gurdon".

Sorry no link, not sure how to do that.
[/quote]

godgiven999

This game agian is a toss up.
17-14 Go-Devils!

Lionsquatch

For the record, tonight's Jr High game will decide the conference championship for these 2 schools.  So for Jr and Sr high both this is a huge game

godgiven999

Future is bright!
Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 25, 2018, 11:19:11 am
For the record, tonight's Jr High game will decide the conference championship for these 2 schools.  So for Jr and Sr high both this is a huge game

Lionsquatch

I wish there were more posts on the junior high forums because info about that is hard to come by sometimes.  But either way yes the future is bright.  From what I could tell the jr conference leader has swapped around a lot and the league is very even

godgiven999

Jr Devils 8-0 end of 1st Q

SWAT11

Ida up on Gurdon Jr. High 28-8

godgiven999

M.I. D

I was standing close to a couple of Gurdon fans. One guy says to another all Mount Ida does is run it up middle. They gonna throw or we got em beat. This was in first qtr. The other man says that's what they do and they do it very well. They have a couple of state titles to prove it. Junior High played well tonight! Looking forward to tomorrow night!

cuz

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 25, 2018, 11:19:11 am
Quote from: SWAT11 on October 25, 2018, 08:17:40 pm
Ida up on Gurdon Jr. High 28-8
If true, looks like Gurdon is in for a long night tomorrow....😉

G-HIGH

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2018, 08:56:07 pm
If true, looks like Gurdon is in for a long night tomorrow....😉
Yes because we all know those same boys are playing tomorrow night. 🙄

Eslim03

I doubt mount Ida junior high this year has been any more successful than the group of young men y'all will face tomorrow night coming up thru the levels of football. Just saying they have earned my respect.

SWAT11

Mt. Ida fans better enjoy the rest of this season. Going to be rough next year. Then it swings back up.

Last three seasons in Jr high:
1-8
3-6 (started several 7th graders)
8-1

Both pee wee teams playing for championship this weekend.

72aDaddy

Quote from: SWAT11 on October 26, 2018, 08:00:54 am
Mt. Ida fans better enjoy the rest of this season. Going to be rough next year. Then it swings back up.

1-8
8-1

And Gurdon's current HS team has 11 sophomore starters, 6 on O and 5 on D. Gurdon, like in HS, typically is competitive in JV. The future is bright unless of course they get relegated back to 3a again. 

IdaLions

Quote from: SWAT11 on October 26, 2018, 08:00:54 am

1-8
8-1

Next year will be a tough transition year for Mount Ida(and everybody will write them off for years to come, and they're gonna have to gain all the respect back) but the future is very bright. I helped coach the kids in 8th grade and the 5th and 6th graders for a little bit, and I can tell you've first hand they have the potential to be the best. Mount Ida football should be very exciting for years to come!

Lionsquatch

So will there be a similar result tonight as last night or will the Gurdon Sr high turn things around? I'm excited to see how this will turn out, we have perfect weather for an exciting cool game

Bigpoppie

Laf County and Mt Ida tied for Jr High Conference.  Both teams were 6-1 in conference. 

Maynard G Krebs

Two guys went to Mt Ida. One had to wait. 
True story. Think about it😏

M.I. D

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 26, 2018, 12:25:07 pm

🙄

Old Scrapper

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 26, 2018, 12:25:07 pm

if one was waiting, Ida is no fun........

FoxandHound34

bigboy77

IdaLions

#2 is quick, very explosive kid. Great game so far

godgiven999

Good physical half from both schools!

72aDaddy

Gurdon patty caking too much. Leave no doubt.

couch-coach06

Redzone

IdaLions

Gurdon came out here tonight and they did it. They stopped the dive and even took out the mighty Lagrange. Great win for Gurdon. Very physical and big football team. Foreman better not overlook Gurdon. They are hungry.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: IdaLions on October 26, 2018, 09:10:56 pm
Gurdon came out here tonight and they did it. They stopped the dive and even took out the mighty Lagrange. Great win for Gurdon. Very physical and big football team. Foreman better not overlook Gurdon. They are hungry.

Not what I expected.  Hope the young man is ok.  Heck of a player.

HORNET-MAN

Praying for Speedy Recover for the young man..I Picked Gurdon in this Game because they matched up well in the Trenches..Good Luck to both Teams going Forward.

72aDaddy

Good game. Good luck in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas