• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, November 23, 2013, 07:43:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

Quote from: Soph66 on November 25, 2013, 01:17:26 pm
Greenwood by 28+! PB doesn't have near the quality of team that Greenwood does, nor do they have a mastermind Coach like R. Jones. Just wait & see.

So what about PB looked so bad in the game you saw?

urban legend2

Was actually about to pose that same question to him/her...

zebrafan

November 25, 2013, 02:12:11 pm #52 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:16:26 pm by zebrafan
Doesn't have near the quality team.....hmmmmmm

the_kosher_pig

I'm telling you from the games I've seen.  I'll highlight the top of both.
Greenwood - Conway: Greenwood just finds a way to win.  They actually have a VERY strong runner, albeit a small one, in their running back.  He runs hard.  The tackles are pretty good.  The QB is clutch as are the receivers.  The defense makes adjustments.  They aren't the fastest but they are well coached and in position.
Pine Bluff - El Dorado: Pine Bluff has speed speed speed in the backfield.  The QB, both running backs, and the fullback can flat out fly on the offtackle/sweep plays.  The line is very physical but didn't seem to move well in pull plays.  They also seemed to have breakdowns.  The WR's are decent sized.

The difference?  Pine Bluff has a good kicker.  He's a little inconsistent.  Greenwood has a great kicker and he's been on point the second half of the season (heard he wasn't used much the first half).  Jones finds a way to win.  Bolden finds a way to lose (I was at the state championship - COVER THE CENTER OF THE FIELD PINE BLUFF) lol

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 25, 2013, 02:14:27 pm
Greenwood - Conway: Greenwood just finds a way to win.  They actually have a VERY strong runner, albeit a small one, in their running back.  He runs hard.  The tackles are pretty good.  The QB is clutch as are the receivers.  The defense makes adjustments.  They aren't the fastest but they are well coached and in position.
Pine Bluff - El Dorado: Pine Bluff has speed speed speed in the backfield.  The QB, both running backs, and the fullback can flat out fly on the offtackle/sweep plays.  The line is very physical but didn't seem to move well in pull plays.  They also seemed to have breakdowns.  The WR's are decent sized.

The difference?  Pine Bluff has a good kicker.  He's a little inconsistent.  Greenwood has a great kicker and he's been on point the second half of the season (heard he wasn't used much the first half).  Jones finds a way to win.  Bolden finds a way to lose (I was at the state championship - COVER THE CENTER OF THE FIELD PINE BLUFF) lol
Actually GW's starting RB was out for the Conway game...

Baitshop

Quote from: Soph66 on November 25, 2013, 01:17:26 pm
Greenwood by 28+! PB doesn't have near the quality of team that Greenwood does, nor do they have a mastermind Coach like R. Jones. Just wait & see.

I smell a player or parent.....

Lionheart88

I think the one game you saw may have let you down on PB's kicker.  As far as I know, he's the only kicker in the state who's already signed a D1 offer (Purdue).

Pr8hd

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 25, 2013, 05:37:36 pm

I think the one game you saw may have let you down on PB's kicker.  As far as I know, he's the only kicker in the state who's already signed a D1 offer (Purdue).

Yeah, I remember from last year he was getting props for being good. Jones is good just a junior and has hit some clutch kicks for Greenwood, but I know the PB kicker is good as well obviously , if he has an offer.

ricepig

He's already signed?

the_kosher_pig

The kicker from PB isn't as good this year as he was last year.  His kickoffs don't have the height and he's not as consistent on the field goals.  And even his punting has suffered.  Maybe an injury this year?

zebrafan

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 25, 2013, 06:35:16 pm
The kicker from PB isn't as good this year as he was last year.  His kickoffs don't have the height and he's not as consistent on the field goals.  And even his punting has suffered.  Maybe an injury this year?
No injury, actually made more field goals and pats this year compared to last, Bolding does tell him to change it up on certain teams due to dangerous return men.

elvis26

;D greenwood will beat pine bluff like a junk yard dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2013, 06:27:32 pm

He's already signed?
Maybe it's only a verbal commit.  I know he's already committed, at any rate.

Razorback Red

The more I learn about PB (well as much as I can learn by reading on here), they sound a lot like Harber this year.  Sounds like they have the talent to beat anyone in 6A, but it doesn't always show on the field.

If PB protects the ball and plays disciplined football, it sounds like they have a chance to pull the upset.

Problem is they are playing a team that just doesn't beat themselves.

Last week I said 21, but I would like to retract that and say GW by 13. 

xtremewildcat

PB is playing a good number of sophomores.  Coach Lacewell use to say. "You can count how many games you will lose be how many sophomores you start".
And he readshirted all the freshmen.
Young players play good one night and play like garbage the next.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 26, 2013, 06:35:15 am
PB is playing a good number of sophomores.  Coach Lacewell use to say. "You can count how many games you will lose be how many sophomores you start".
And he readshirted all the freshmen.
Young players play good one night and play like garbage the next.

That is true with this bunch except they haven't really played a bad game...more like bad halves! They played poorly against NLR the first half and did the same against LH both games they played MUCH better the second half. Against Eldo they actually played good....in spite of the turnovers. Can't do that Friday they'll have to play good for 2 halves as the season has progressed they have gotten better at doing that.

Pr8hd

November 26, 2013, 06:12:24 pm #66 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:17:11 pm by Pr8hd
Is PB going to bring a good crowd? Do they travel well? I sure hope so. Last 2 weeks have been sparse to say the least even on the home stands....We need a good atmosphere for the final home game of the year. Honestly, we have not had a good home game this year that was well attended by both teams and really competitive. Safe travels to all those that make the trip to the Wood.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 26, 2013, 06:12:24 pm
Is PB going to bring a good crowd? Do they travel well? I sure hope so. Last 2 weeks have been sparse to say the least even on the home stands....We need a good atmosphere for the final home game of the year. Honestly, we have not had a good home game this year that was well attended by both teams and really competitive. Safe travels to all those that make the trip to the Wood.

From what I hear there will be a pretty good crowd from PB. PB travels well not great but way better than your last couple of home opponents.

greyski

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 26, 2013, 06:36:25 pm

From what I hear there will be a pretty good crowd from PB. PB travels well not great but way better than your last couple of home opponents.

Siloam had more fans last Friday at the game then PB.  I also read several times that PB starts allot of soph's but when I reviewed the program/roster they started 3 on defense and 3 on offense.  That seemed to be the norm for most schools except Beenie.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: greyski on November 26, 2013, 08:55:22 pm

Siloam had more fans last Friday at the game then PB.  I also read several times that PB starts allot of soph's but when I reviewed the program/roster they started 3 on defense and 3 on offense.  That seemed to be the norm for most schools except Beenie.

When they played us, I counted 5 on offence and 4 on defense. Like us, I didn't see many seniors on the roster(less than 20). I always look at stuff like that when we play people.

zebradynasty

It was wet and cold so a lot of people stayed home. You read the program wrong or the numbers were wrong on the program. We start more than 6 sophs bank on it!

Ventman

The streak continues, bulldogs over the zebras.

The Zebra Successor

Who ever said that something about soph. Starting haven't heard about the 93-95 Z's maybe the only soph class with a soph qb to win the state title 3 yrs in a row. Do your research b4 u come on here talking trash bout age..

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 26, 2013, 09:32:21 pm

It was wet and cold so a lot of people stayed home. You read the program wrong or the numbers were wrong on the program. We start more than 6 sophs bank on it!

Last Friday, was the smallest Greenwood crowd on the home side in a long time. The weather and quality of opponent got the best of that night. I think this could have held true at more than a few venues last Friday. It was nasty.

I heard 8 Sophs start according to my son and their game prep.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 27, 2013, 09:10:07 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 26, 2013, 09:32:21 pm

Last Friday, was the smallest Greenwood crowd on the home side in a long time. The weather and quality of opponent got the best of that night. I think this could have held true at more than a few venues last Friday. It was nasty.

I heard 8 Sophs start according to my son and their game prep.

I can assure you those same factors affected our attendance as well last week!

Coach Venny Slocombe

ZD, you still not comin down man? Come on down and I'll buy you a coke and hot dog. I'll be the big guy with the Obama T-shirt on... ;D

Big Daddy DOG

Pine Bluff is coming to the U of G on the wrong Friday night...Good Luck.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 29, 2013, 11:04:01 am
ZD, you still not comin down man? Come on down and I'll buy you a coke and hot dog. I'll be the big guy with the Obama T-shirt on... ;D

Dude you have problems but a white guy wearing and Obama t-shirt in NWA....

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 29, 2013, 12:59:26 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 29, 2013, 11:04:01 am

Dude you have problems but a white guy wearing and Obama t-shirt in NWA....
lolololol...it's the River Valley ZD!

The Future

It goes without saying, but in order to win, Pine Bluff will need to score. They will need to score on every possession. And they will need to have their D stop Greenwood on offense a couple times to help out their own offense.

We know Greenwood is gonna score on most, if not all, of their possessions. Greenwood can score at will with a group of very solid receivers and the rushing duo of Garnes and Smith, with Palmer there too. Will Pine Bluff be able to score on most if not all of their possessions as well?? Pine Bluff may do excellent on some series and score some. But if they go 3 and out a handful of times while Greenwood scores on those next possessions, it won't matter how good or bad Pine Bluff is the rest of the game. If Greenwood gets up, they will stay up.

Pine Bluff will for sure be Greenwood's toughest game since the Conway game. But I don't see this game being too scary for Greenwood. Unless Greenwood just completely blows up and Pine Bluff has their best game of the year, Greenwood should win comfortably. 2 or 3 TDs. The first half will be pretty close and even with Jones feeling out where the mismatches are and whatnot. Second half will be close to a blowout.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. Maybe the winner of this game will simply be the team that didn't stuff themselves with turkey and taters yesterday  :D

Hope Pine Bluff players and fans have a safe trip and have a fun stay at Smith Robinson.
Good Luck Greenwood and lets go get number 51.

Speaking of the streak. I read the Maxpreps streak page the other day. It was the 8man team, then another team, then 2 teams with the same number, then Greenwood. Greenwood was the 4th streak, 3rd minus the 8man team. I looked the other day and the teams with the same number no longer have the same number. One of them play an extra game? One have a bye week? Who knows, but according to that list, Greenwood has went down from the 4th longest streak (3rd minus the 8man) to the 5th longest streak (4th minus the 8man). Don't know what happened.

SportsManiac

I have a feeling this will be a good game, I'm taking the Bulldogs and Jones by 6

DogsWin7

GW drove it down and scored.  #89 and Jones # 17 make amazing plays.   

Halftime

DogsWin7

PB has some big players!  And some are just sophomores I think.   

zebrafan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 29, 2013, 07:57:37 pm
Which ones?

DogsWin7

Quote from: zebrafan on November 29, 2013, 08:02:57 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 29, 2013, 07:57:37 pm
Which ones?

Take your pick.   One is like 6'5 235pnds!    They all have good size...looks to me like.

zebrafan

The DE, C, RT, QB and S all the bigger soph.

DogsWin7

PB scored off a pick 6.   

Still early 3rd quarter.   

DogsWin7

GW in the lead 24-20  still. 3rd

DogsWin7

GW recovers a fumble!  GW ball!  Yes!!!

DogsWin7

GW 31
PB 20

Amazing dive in the end zone!!!

DogsWin7

#78? And #74 is huge for PB.

Around 10 min left in the 4th. 

DogsWin7

GW still leads by 5.   7 min left

zebrafan

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

November 29, 2013, 09:08:13 pm #94 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:09:50 pm by DiehardFBfan
PB scores....darn.

PB 32
GW 31
3:15 left

2 point conversion good

PB 34
GW 31

DogsWin7

Jonesboro over Eldo currently. 

DogsWin7

Hoyt is on the move.   2 min left. 

CJ7

34-31 pine bluff with 2:00 min left. Game over... Congrats to Pine Bluff!

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

They are going for a field goal! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas