• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Gunter headed to Beebe

Started by beebefootballfan, January 21, 2019, 07:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: Airedale90 on February 02, 2019, 04:05:23 pm
Just looking at all the wasted talent last few years.  It's tough to be honest but he wasn't a very good people person and there are no kids crying.  He had a good offensive mind but lost the respect of players and coaches by how he treated them.  You my friend may be the ignorant one.

His personality must have done a complete 180 from when he was at Greene County Tech. The kids absolutely loved him. Their numbers grew like crazy while he was there. They were torn up when he left.

incogneto

February 06, 2019, 08:05:32 pm #51 Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:07:14 pm by incogneto
Quote from: sevenof400 on February 06, 2019, 09:17:34 am
Show me the 'facts' in his post...

Unsubstantiated.

Terribly helpful.

Nothing here on point with Airedale90's position.
Nice deflection.  You are being obtuse if you cannot see his facts or you simply aren't smart enough to know the definition of a fact.  Where are your facts again chief?  Or do you want to act like talking on a message board more counts for something again? 

sevenof400

Quote from: incogneto on February 06, 2019, 08:05:32 pm
Nice deflection.  You are being obtuse if you cannot see his facts or you simply aren't smart enough to know the definition of a fact.  Where are your facts again chief?  Or do you want to act like talking on a message board more counts for something again?
Show me a fact in his post that substantiates his claim.
I'm still waiting.
And it appears I might be for quite some time.

incogneto

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 06, 2019, 10:07:49 pm
Show me a fact in his post that substantiates his claim.
I'm still waiting.
And it appears I might be for quite some time.
Oh yeah you will be if you expect me to to teach you reading comprehension.  Hold your breath.

sevenof400

February 07, 2019, 08:43:32 am #54 Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:45:19 am by sevenof400
Quote from: incogneto on February 07, 2019, 07:42:21 am
Oh yeah you will be if you expect me to to teach you reading comprehension.  Hold your breath.

Comprehend / interpret this:

Quote from: Airedale90 on February 05, 2019, 10:29:35 am...It's not unsubstantiated when you talk with student athletes and their families. When you work with them and live in the community and know what's going on it's not unsubstantiated at all...

Show me the 'fact' there. 
If Airedale90 believes the coach ran the wrong type of offense, had people in the wrong positions, placed too much / too little emphasis on the weight program, then he should say so.
Petty gossip (and the support of it) paints an unflattering picture of the person presenting it - and those who support it.

purpleswag

we_hate_the_band

So, without reading the posts I can gather....

Gunter can score some points.

Alma Lost to Van Buren.

People are upset because he left them/happy he's gone.

The state weight meet oughta be awesome.

purpleswag

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on February 07, 2019, 10:28:08 am
So, without reading the posts I can gather....

Gunter can score some points.

Alma Lost to Van Buren.

People are upset because he left them/happy he's gone.

The state weight meet oughta be awesome.

The state weight meet should be centrally located

PA Dad

Quote from: incogneto on February 06, 2019, 08:05:32 pm

Incogneto, I generally like your posts.  But you're wrong on this one.  The only fact I can find is that Alma won 12 games in two years.  If there are other facts it should be easy to identify them.  There are opinions.  There are no more facts.

AT

It should be noted in one of those two years, they won a share of the conference championship and were a 1 seed in the playoffs and scored 62 points in a playoff loss to McClellan.

incogneto

February 07, 2019, 09:25:41 pm #60 Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:32:47 pm by incogneto
Quote from: PA Dad on February 07, 2019, 07:47:26 pm
Incogneto, I generally like your posts.  But you're wrong on this one.  The only fact I can find is that Alma won 12 games in two years.  If there are other facts it should be easy to identify them.  There are opinions.  There are no more facts.
I was more on him for being a hick than anything.  I expect a moderator to have more than post count and demanding facts for the guys personal opinion.  So the dude talked to some kids and parents that ran the coach down.  That's a fact that nobody can dispute.  Maybe it was said in confidence.  It doesn't make the parents right.  More than likely the parents or kids have a selfish reason to feel that way in my personal experience, however demanding facts on his personal opinion and demeaning his opinion due to post count is just bullying behavior (from a moderator no less).  I mean what's the guy supposed to do?  Should he start dropping kids and parents names on here to satisfy a moderator? 

we_hate_the_band

February 08, 2019, 11:57:39 am #61 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:00:06 pm by we_hate_the_band
Quote from: Almatrackster on February 07, 2019, 08:13:49 pm
It should be noted in one of those two years, they won a share of the conference championship and were a 1 seed in the playoffs and scored 62 points in a playoff loss to McClellan.

52*, since we are only addressing facts and post counts.

And a 4 way tie for 1st because they dropped the last game of the season to a team that wouldn't even make the playoffs with a win.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/OrGz3piEEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/OrG0TpiEEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football-fall-17/2017-centennial-bank-state-football-playoffs---2017-5a-football-state-bracket--.htm

AT

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on February 08, 2019, 11:57:39 am
52*, since we are only addressing facts and post counts.

And a 4 way tie for 1st because they dropped the last game of the season to a team that wouldn't even make the playoffs with a win.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/OrGz3piEEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/OrG0TpiEEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/football-fall-17/2017-centennial-bank-state-football-playoffs---2017-5a-football-state-bracket--.htm

Ahh yes, 52. That is a bit less.

And thank you for confirming the latter statement

gameoflife

Quote from: OB11 on January 22, 2019, 10:41:26 am
IMO...if you're not good in the Wing T/Dead T/I Formation/etc, you are not going to be very good in the spread either. At least not right away. Hope they give him time to install his system. May take a few years to have it running efficiently.

Very astute observation.  Those who think the spread is a miracle cure for bad football don't know much football.  Do you have a very good QG, multiple good receivers and lots of OL that can block one on one?  If not you will not do well in the spread.  Oh, yeah you can run the ball from the spread, but why would you want to if you can't pass it?  Folks will load the box and come at you and your poor skill guys will not make plays.  If you have really good talent you will do ok in spread, if you have great talent you may do really well but better look at the 5A conference you are in, how many of those teams are realistically a pretty sure win for you.  There are reasons some schools just don't seem to win with much consistency even when they have changed coaches multiple times.  I wish the new man all the luck in the world but just know a system is just a system.  It's good to have one, better than just a grab bag of plays but you must have players. 
best to beebe and the new coaches.

incogneto

Almost every school has a QB and receivers if someone takes time to develop them.   OL can be protected.  What not every school has is DL, DBs and a stud RB.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: incogneto on February 07, 2019, 09:25:41 pm
I was more on him for being a hick than anything.  I expect a moderator to have more than post count and demanding facts for the guys personal opinion.  So the dude talked to some kids and parents that ran the coach down.  That's a fact that nobody can dispute.  Maybe it was said in confidence.  It doesn't make the parents right.  More than likely the parents or kids have a selfish reason to feel that way in my personal experience, however demanding facts on his personal opinion and demeaning his opinion due to post count is just bullying behavior (from a moderator no less).  I mean what's the guy supposed to do?  Should he start dropping kids and parents names on here to satisfy a moderator?

I don't think Seven questioned whether or not he had talked to anyone - but those people being opinionated doesn't make anything they say a "fact."

Why can't we demand facts on people's posts? Most of what is said on the board is opinion so it's not a bad thing to want some facts on here. Unless it's PA Dad wanting them - I don't want to ever give him facts.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 11, 2019, 12:37:14 pm
I don't think Seven questioned whether or not he had talked to anyone - but those people being opinionated doesn't make anything they say a "fact."

Why can't we demand facts on people's posts? Most of what is said on the board is opinion so it's not a bad thing to want some facts on here. Unless it's PA Dad wanting them - I don't want to ever give him facts.

And you're good at it.  I never get facts from you!

gameoflife

Quote from: incogneto on February 10, 2019, 08:59:50 pm
Almost every school has a QB and receivers if someone takes time to develop them.   OL can be protected.  What not every school has is DL, DBs and a stud RB.   

I beg to differ.  I've seen more teams without a good QB and WR and OL than I have teams with them.  I will agree many teams lack all the positions you mentioned but I was concentrating on the needs for a good spread team.  Skill guys and OL and I've seen a lot of those lacking over the years.

incogneto

February 11, 2019, 09:13:09 pm #68 Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:36:14 am by incogneto
Quote from: gameoflife on February 11, 2019, 08:57:23 pm
I beg to differ.  I've seen more teams without a good QB and WR and OL than I have teams with them.  I will agree many teams lack all the positions you mentioned but I was concentrating on the needs for a good spread team.  Skill guys and OL and I've seen a lot of those lacking over the years.
Most people disagree with that statement.  It's still true though.  I am certain by your response that the words developed and protected were ignored.  It's no coincidence that staffs that know how to win always seem to have players. 

gameoflife

Quote from: incogneto on February 11, 2019, 09:13:09 pm
Most people disagree with that statement.  It's still true though.  I am certain by your response that the words developed and protected were ignored.  It's no coincidence that staffs that know how to win always seem to have players. 

So what you are saying is that all those spread teams that are not winning games every season and there are plenty of those , just don't have good enough coaching.  So in the year every once or twice in say ten years that one of the traditionally good teams doesn't win many games, its because the staff either got lazy or forgot how to coach.

incogneto

February 16, 2019, 03:58:04 pm #70 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:02:56 pm by incogneto
Quote from: gameoflife on February 13, 2019, 03:40:48 pm
So what you are saying is that all those spread teams that are not winning games every season and there are plenty of those , just don't have good enough coaching.  So in the year every once or twice in say ten years that one of the traditionally good teams doesn't win many games, its because the staff either got lazy or forgot how to coach.
Its development not coaching that I am talking about. They are kind of the same thing but coaching includes much more than just player development.  A team's QB may be in development but not fully developed yet.  So I disagree with your statement that thier coaches suck all of the sudden because thier players are in various stages of development. Vilonia is a very good example.  You can see that staff developing players.  It takes time to develop them into wide receivers and QB's.  I see a lot of teams with superior talent that there is little to no growth of thier players from one year to the next. 

What I am really saying is teams that win consistently don't sit around complaining about what they don't have.  They quit making excuses and figure out how to develop what they do have.  There are coaches that win when they have a run of players and there are coaches that develop players.  The coaches that develop players win more consistently than coaches that sit around griping about not having players. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas