• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA...

Started by Yellowcake, March 07, 2019, 10:40:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

Found someone in the State House to waste some taxpayer time and money drawing up a resolution to congratulate them on winning the state championship.

Way to stay humble.

Hope that one shelf in your trophy case can withstand the weight of that one trophy.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on March 07, 2019, 10:40:39 pm
Found someone in the State House to waste some taxpayer time and money drawing up a resolution to congratulate them on winning the state championship.

Way to stay humble.

Hope that one shelf in your trophy case can withstand the weight of that one trophy.

OMG, please tell me you're joking? Who is this "politician"? I knew they would spin this one in a row into "We're a dynasty". I could see the writing on the wall when they started with the "Us and PA" talk, like they we're PA's equal. Seeing as how we have as many state titles as they do can we be a dynasty? I'll do some digging to find out who this jet fuel genius is and start a call in campaign demanding he draw up a resolution for every state champion.

Yellowcake

HCR1004
Look it up
I can't seem to post links on FF
You are gonna love it

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on March 08, 2019, 12:11:28 pm
HCR1004
Look it up
I can't seem to post links on FF
You are gonna love it

Thank you kind Sir. There are a lot of Arkansas high school sports and a lot of state champions. I'm betting there are a lot of parents/fans that would find it interesting some politician chooses to ignore every student athlete who isn't one of God's chosen children, Saint Hill and his disciples.

I owe you one. This gift came through on the day the Lady Pioneers won state. It's a while until football season and I need a hobby.

JessieP

Maybe Seven or another of our moderators can help me out here, or anyone versed in Arkansas sports. How many state champions are there a year? I know in Basketball there will be 12 but if you take every sport and every classification how many state championship trophy's are handed out each year? 50? 75? more?

RazorDad

March 08, 2019, 02:25:25 pm #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:39:28 pm by RazorDad
Quote from: JessieP on March 08, 2019, 01:06:17 am
OMG, please tell me you're joking? Who is this "politician"? I knew they would spin this one in a row into "We're a dynasty". I could see the writing on the wall when they started with the "Us and PA" talk, like they we're PA's equal. Seeing as how we have as many state titles as they do can we be a dynasty? I'll do some digging to find out who this jet fuel genius is and start a call in campaign demanding he draw up a resolution for every state champion.

2003 84th General Assembly

Congratulating the 2003 Class AAAA State Football Champion Batesville High School Pioneers.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2003/S2/Bills/SR2.pdf

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2003/S2/Bills/HR1002.pdf

Edit: Fixed links to actual bills.

RazorDad

March 08, 2019, 02:49:02 pm #7 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:51:48 pm by RazorDad

Way to stay humble.

Oh, and we can't leave PA out of the fun:

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2003/S2/Bills/HR1008.pdf

JessieP

March 08, 2019, 03:01:02 pm #8 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:03:23 pm by JessieP
Quote from: RazorDad on March 08, 2019, 02:25:25 pm
2003 84th General Assembly

Congratulating the 2003 Class AAAA State Football Champion Batesville High School Pioneers.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2003/S2/Bills/SR2.pdf

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2003/S2/Bills/HR1002.pdf

Edit: Fixed links to actual bills.

Had I been around then I would have protested that as well. Unlike the LRUCA backers I am not a hypocrite. Unless you do the same thing for every single state champ don't do it for any of them. If people absolutely feel we should do this then at least be honest about it, make the proclamation for Justice Hill. He alone won that title, need proof? They'll never win it again. If Vegas set lines for high school football and had PA as a 50 point favorite the next time they meet LRUCA I'd take that bet. I'd drain the 401K to make that bet.

Exactly how long did it take you to find an obscure pointless bill from 2003? 

P.S. In case anyone was wondering about the abbreviation I am using, LRUCA, the U stands for Un.

Maynard G Krebs

Way to stay humble.

Some reason this comes to mind:  Boast and brag ;)

https://youtu.be/uWdU0tmNFgw

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on March 08, 2019, 03:01:02 pm
Had I been around then I would have protested that as well. Unlike the LRUCA backers I am not a hypocrite. Unless you do the same thing for every single state champ don't do it for any of them. If people absolutely feel we should do this then at least be honest about it, make the proclamation for Justice Hill. He alone won that title, need proof? They'll never win it again. If Vegas set lines for high school football and had PA as a 50 point favorite the next time they meet LRUCA I'd take that bet. I'd drain the 401K to make that bet.

Exactly how long did it take you to find an obscure pointless bill from 2003? 

P.S. In case anyone was wondering about the abbreviation I am using, LRUCA, the U stands for Un.

Five seconds. And there are 100 other high school state championship congratulation resolutions on record over the last 20 years (that is how far back the electronic records go.

For this school year, so far there are resolutions for Bryant football, Lakeside cheerleaders, Lakeside girls golf, Lake Hamilton boys cross country, Lake Hamilton boys ans girls track & field, and Arkadelphia football.

How about throwing some shade at those teams as well. Be an equal opportunity hater.

friscokid

If you're a lawyer or lawmaker, you can wipe your rear end with resolutions. They're not laws, they just express the opinion of the legislature. No big deal.

Yellowcake

Razordad, thank you for looking all that up.
Over-easy, sunnyside up, scrambled......however you want them, I am serving them up on my face.  ::)

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on March 08, 2019, 03:28:24 pm
Five seconds. And there are 100 other high school state championship congratulation resolutions on record over the last 20 years (that is how far back the electronic records go.

For this school year, so far there are resolutions for Bryant football, Lakeside cheerleaders, Lakeside girls golf, Lake Hamilton boys cross country, Lake Hamilton boys ans girls track & field, and Arkadelphia football.

How about throwing some shade at those teams as well. Be an equal opportunity hater.

One problem, those schools you listed, I don't hate them. This is not affirmative action, I reserve the right to focus my dislike. I save my energy to schools who act like obnoxious twits.

Go Jonesboro!

Yellowcake

I am in the boat with Jessie.
I use a sight on my hate rifle. I don't just shotgun blast it out at everyone.

Chief_Osceola™

Corrine Brown did the same thing in the US House after Florida won the national championship with Urban Meyers and Percy Harvey. Go gata. One, two, three fo fie, then gatas don't take no jive. Seriously one of the funniest/most depressing things I've ever seen in Congress.

MDXPHD

Geez, how many representatives and senators are needed to present this one? Only took Batesville one for each bill!

RazorDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 14, 2019, 10:06:12 am
Geez, how many representatives and senators are needed to present this one? Only took Batesville one for each bill!

One of the LRCA co-sponsors is from Batesville...

RazorDad

Here is the list of sponsors for you guys to have fun with:

Representatives:
Sorvillo            Little Rock
A. Collins          Little Rock
A. Davis           Little Rock
Beck                Center Ridge
Bentley            Perryville
Berry               Dover
Bragg               Sheridan
Breaux             Holiday Island
Burch               Monticello
Clowney           Fayetteville
Crawford           Fort Smith
Dalby               Texarkana
Deffenbaugh     Van Buren
Dotson              Bentonville
Eaves               Searcy
Evans               Cabot
K. Ferguson       Pine Bluff
D. Garner          Fayetteville
Gazaway           Paragould
Glover               Dermott
Hawks              Conway
M. Hodges        Blytheville
Jean                 Magnolia
Jett                  Success
Love                 Little Rock
Lowery             Maumelle
J. Mayberry        Hensley
McCullough        Little Rock
S. Meeks           Greenbrier
Penzo               Springdale
Petty                Rogers
Richey              West Helena
Rushing            Hot Springs
Scott                North Little Rock
B. Smith           Jonesboro
S. Smith           Batesville
Vaught             Horatio
Warren             Hot Springs

Senators:
Bond                Little Rock
K. Hammer       Benton
M. Johnson       Little Rock

MDXPHD

Quote from: RazorDad on March 14, 2019, 12:29:25 pm
One of the LRCA co-sponsors is from Batesville...

Stu Smith - long time Defensive Coordinator (during the 03 team as well) and baseball/track/etc coach at Batesville. He's a good man!

incogneto

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 14, 2019, 01:16:44 pm
Stu Smith - long time Defensive Coordinator (during the 03 team as well) and baseball/track/etc coach at Batesville. He's a good man!
Sounds ominous to me.  It just be a conspiracy.

JessieP

March 14, 2019, 04:48:34 pm #21 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:25:04 pm by JessieP
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 14, 2019, 01:16:44 pm

He is a very good man. He retired before last season. His last memory of LRUCA is knocking them out of the playoffs. He probably thought "LRUCA won it all? I'll be dang! What the heck, let's make em a plaque"

Update: Just an fyi, I didn't say "I'll be dang". You get the picture, I used a word that wouldn't have been censored on the Osmonds Family Easter Jubilee. I forget sometimes that this site uses the Nick Jr filter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas