• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Must know info on Nashville

Started by Gray lizard, November 25, 2014, 08:04:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Hey is the restaurant North of Nashville on HWY 27 still open?  I can not remember the name of the place.  Seems like they had a pretty good buffet.

polksalet

Gray lizard

COACH-Mike

No.  Drive on south about 6 mile to Mineral Springs and eat at the new Mexican restaurant.  Great food.

DerekOxford

I've covered a lot of high school football in this state and been to a lot of stadiums. Nashville has a great facility and one of the best press boxes around.

Scrappcheerdad

Grat lizard if you want something good to eat I recommend you stop before you get to Nashville. We have a great town but the restaurants not so much. If eating in town Los agaves is about the best you will find.

polksalet

Yeah it's fantastic. I don't eat there often because I'm cheap but it really is good.

I'm complete unimpressed with Mexcun joint at mineral.

hogdiggity

not a lot of choices between Nashville and Dardanelle.  If you like hispanic food you are covered in Nashville, anything else not so much.  If you have enough time, drive on to Millwood lake (across the darn) and eat at the Fish Bowl.  Best fish around and they have a pretty darn good steak too.

polksalet

^ you need to try the Nashville equivalent.

intruder

May I suggest Little Italy in Glenwood

FootBallar21

Rons BBQ in Glenwood,  Unbelievable BBQ

intruder

Ernie Dunlaps in Kirby will hook you up with the best bologna and cheese around

intruder

Is the restaurant in Murfreesboro still good? Buddy's I think is the name

FootBallar21

Quote from: intruder on November 25, 2014, 02:23:25 pm
Is the restaurant in Murfreesboro still good? Buddy's I think is the name

Buddy's is good if it is open,   We call their Large Chicken Fried steak the Hubcap, because that's how big it is! 

apache_alum_90

Ya Nashville don't have very many good resturants, we stay in a motel a few years back next to western sizzlin, the motel was nice but worst western sizzlin ever. The best food we found was simple simon pizza, everything else was close or wasn't any good.

phdefense

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 25, 2014, 11:04:36 am
I've covered a lot of high school football in this state and been to a lot of stadiums. Nashville has a great facility and one of the best press boxes around.
They may or may not let Dardanelle's radio and video crew in it  ;)

Kamado

What about the visitor stands size wise? Was considering showing up at 6. Is that early enough or are the stands small and I should get there a little earlier?

~WPS~

Visitors stands are 8 rows high and stretch from 20 to 20.

Bigbossman

Fishermans cove.......trust me on this,  bigbossman is not just a screen name, the boss likes to eat. You will get fine vittles at fishermans cove. They have a wide selection, not just fish.

There is ample seating on the visitors side.

Traveling grace to all your fans, lots of trash talk out here on tge boards,  but I hope you find our community and facility welcoming.

husqy

Buddy's in Mboro is very good. Their chicken fried stake, which has a different name now, I think, the "crater," is wonderful. Fisherman's Cove just before you get to Nashville on 27 is great as well. Love their Shrimp, Cajun fries, and hamburger steak. The Hickory House, a little south of downtown on main street, is very good as well. I recommend their patty melt. People around here tend to prefer Los Agaves at the moment, but I still prefer Papa Poblanos (though it is more pricey), which has been here for about a decade or perhaps a little longer. All four restaurants are worthwhile.

husqy

Quote from: polksalet on November 25, 2014, 12:38:15 pm

I'd say the Fish Bowl is definitely better than Fisherman's Cove. It's 25-30 minutes south, but it's worth the drive and IMO the best restaurant in a 30 mile radius. Our family usually goes their for special occasions.

Bigbossman

Quote from: husqy on November 27, 2014, 12:04:28 pm
Quote from: polksalet on November 25, 2014, 12:38:15 pm

I'd say the Fish Bowl is definitely better than Fisherman's Cove. It's 25-30 minutes south, but it's worth the drive and IMO the best restaurant in a 30 mile radius. Our family usually goes their for special occasions.
1, it's not worth adding an hour to the dardanelle drive.
2, never purposely get that close to ashdown it takes weeks to get the smell out of your cloths.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Kamado on November 27, 2014, 07:45:49 am
What about the visitor stands size wise? Was considering showing up at 6. Is that early enough or are the stands small and I should get there a little earlier?

Visitor fans suck if you bring a good crowd.  Like was said elsewhere the Nadville coaches get their panties in a bunch if you step on the track.  I guess they are afraid another light pole will fall.  It is kind of funny to get on and off their track and have them complain all night, not that that is unusual.

transplant

Quote from: hogdiggity on November 28, 2014, 12:01:40 pm
Quote from: Kamado on November 27, 2014, 07:45:49 am

Visitor fans suck if you bring a good crowd.  Like was said elsewhere the Nadville coaches get their panties in a bunch if you step on the track.  I guess they are afraid another light pole will fall.  It is kind of funny to get on and off their track and have them complain all night, not that that is unusual.

nm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas