• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Quarterfinals. Warren at Shiloh Christian

Started by AirWarren, November 21, 2014, 10:14:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IPROFB

This is not the Shiloh team that started the season. They have a couple of very good players out with injuries. Likewise, they are not like the SC teams of the past. Yes, they do have several outstanding athletes but most of their athletes are just small church school kids like any other private school team. What I'm trying to say is their starters are very good but they have less depth than previous SC teams.

AirWarren

Quote from: IPROFB on November 24, 2014, 07:38:32 am
This is not the Shiloh team that started the season. They have a couple of very good players out with injuries. Likewise, they are not like the SC teams of the past. Yes, they do have several outstanding athletes but most of their athletes are just small church school kids like any other private school team. What I'm trying to say is their starters are very good but they have less depth than previous SC teams.

"Small church kids". Ok. If this is an attempt for Shiloh to play possum, I suggest you get some better material.

Jimbo Morphis

IPROFB

Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2014, 09:09:48 am
Quote from: IPROFB on November 24, 2014, 07:38:32 am

"Small church kids". Ok. If this is an attempt for Shiloh to play possum, I suggest you get some better material.

Maybe the words do not equate what I am trying to suggest... probably half of their team is small.  Not the type of kids one would expect on a SC team of the past. They are just good kids who happen to attend Shiloh Christian school.  In years past, SC always had a lot of kids who transferred from public schools to play sports.  They may have five or six like that today but the team is not comprised of enough of those type of kids to provide depth to their roster.

Superjack45

AirWarren

Bigbossman

AirWarren

LJ06

Warren picked by 21 by Hootens. Interesting that Shiloh has not lost a home playoff game since 1996 though.

Romeo

Pretty alarming stat for a Warren fan. Shiloh hasn't lost a home playoff game since Gus Malzahn's first season coaching there. (1996)

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on November 24, 2014, 07:19:51 pm
Pretty alarming stat for a Warren fan. Shiloh hasn't lost a home playoff game since Gus Malzahn's first season coaching there. (1996)

Sure is a long time to go without a home playoff loss. What goes on up there in Champions Stadium this time of year?

HeberFan

LJ06

STUNNA

AirWarren

STUNNA

AirWarren

HeberFan

Air Warren, give Heber a little credit. Panthers move the ball but could not cash in.

Warren did everything right on offense. Nobody in the state would have stopped them on that night.

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on November 24, 2014, 09:45:38 pm
Air Warren, give Heber a little credit. Panthers move the ball but could not cash in.

Warren did everything right on offense. Nobody in the state would have stopped them on that night.

Moved it a bit but when you did you guys would get a holding call thus killing your drive.

HeberFan

Exactly right, had third-and-one on three occassions that turned into third-and-11. Sure don't need to make things harder against Warren

Bigbossman

Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2014, 06:19:42 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 24, 2014, 06:19:03 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2014, 01:42:24 pm
20 is on the roster.
Sarcasm? 

Naw! I don't even know how we made it this far.
I'd say 20 is all it took.  I've seen several 60 member teams that have lots of warm benches.

retiredplayer

If warren continues to play like they have the last two games they will be hard to beat any day of the week.  Coach Bo has these guys mentally prepared in the playoffs.  the loss at dway was a benefit to warren and an eye opener to the boys and they have bounced back tremendously.  They are playing with a lot of heart right now.  Hope it continues for 3 more games and Warren is crowned the 4A State Champ!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 24, 2014, 09:45:38 pm

Not trying to take anything away from Heber's O, but I don't think they crossed midfield but once Friday night. And that's only because it was a short kickoff and a facemask penalty that put them there. Warren's D played a great game against the Panthers, I'm not smashing on Heber.

Superjack45

Quote from: retiredplayer on November 25, 2014, 09:27:55 am
If warren continues to play like they have the last two games they will be hard to beat any day of the week.  Coach Bo has these guys mentally prepared in the playoffs.  the loss at dway was a benefit to warren and an eye opener to the boys and they have bounced back tremendously.  They are playing with a lot of heart right now.  Hope it continues for 3 more games and Warren is crowned the 4A State Champ!
Oh no not that word Heart, don't let Old Man here you say that.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 25, 2014, 10:41:12 am
Yeah! But you can't spell heart without THE lumbeRjAcks!

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 25, 2014, 10:53:44 am
Quote from: Superjack45 on November 25, 2014, 10:41:12 am
Yeah! But you can't spell heart without THE lumbRjAcks!

Hmm.

Superjack45

I really want to see how the Jacks are going to respond to this game during the Holiday, I want to see how focus they are or if they are going to come out flat or what.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Think we will be in a dog fight on the hill Friday night. The last time we play at SC, it was as much an event as it was a game. Jumbo-tron showing all their past wins, dads on the field in pre-game(which I think is cool), and the field is tight and confined, not at all open like Jim Hurley. Not many Jack fans know this because they didn't drive up the last time since they figured it was a waste of time because the Saints were so good in 2010. We have to have our heads right to win this game.

Superjack45

I agree but I hope they show up (fans) this Friday. There is a Coach Bus that is trying to get coordinated to go to the game Friday I think it's $45 per person so just putting that out there.

cuckoobird

You guys really shouldnt make the coaches pay their own way

Superjack45

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 25, 2014, 11:19:32 am
I agree but I hope they show up (fans) this Friday. There is a Coach Bus that is trying to get coordinated to go to the game Friday I think it's $45 per person so just putting that out there.
that is a bargain.

adaptedtigerfan

If Warren doesn't win this by 35 the 4A just isn't what I expected it to be.

LJ06

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 25, 2014, 11:19:32 am

Heck of a lot cheaper than driving myself up there in my own ride.

STUNNA

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 25, 2014, 01:56:33 pm

If south side only beat warren by a touchdown is 7A what you expected it to be?

adaptedtigerfan

Are you saying Warren won't win by 35??  That's what it sounds like to me 8)

retiredplayer

Its playoff time so its time for the fair weather fans to jump on the bus and go watch the jacks come home with a win.

LJ06

Quote from: retiredplayer on November 25, 2014, 03:33:24 pm
Its playoff time so its time for the fair weather fans to jump on the bus and go watch the jacks come home with a win.

2 weeks too early for that to happen just yet

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on November 25, 2014, 03:24:09 pm

adapted is a charleston guy. Try to keep up.

adaptedtigerfan

Jack1990

Look at Oldman trying to muddy up the waters that adapted is fishing in!! LOL

adaptedtigerfan

Lol he just ran a barge right across the point a was casting at.   

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2014, 03:40:10 pm

Old news

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: STUNNA on November 25, 2014, 03:46:30 pm
Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2014, 03:40:10 pm

Old news
Whats old news?

retiredplayer

AirWarren

adaptedtigerfan

STUNNA

Warren should win by a lot... But they will be just fine even if it is a closer game than expected

AirWarren

Saint Fan1952

Hope we see a good turnout from the Warren fans, sounds like we will.

Weather should be great for football and hopefully there won't be any rain.  Pretty decent sized visitor seating and parking around the field and church.   Good food at the stadium and within a mile if you want to eat before the game.

Drive safe and good luck to both teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas