• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle at Nadhville

Started by polksalet, November 21, 2014, 09:35:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Quote from: Redrock on November 26, 2014, 09:06:06 pm
Well. I have watched the lizards three times now. I am telling you right now. All the ta liking and carrying on I am seeing from Nashville people. You better be very cautious. Dardanelle is the real thing. You keep mouthing and your gonna be just like Pottsville.  These players seem to be very serious and focused and they really like to hit. They will make you pay for all this talking.
Every team is serious and focused or else they wouldn't still be playing. And Nashville likes to hit too. Should be a great game.

Doveman

Quote from: intruder on November 26, 2014, 09:16:11 pm
Not mouthing, just stating that they had better not bend, we have more td's of 30+ yards than 10- yards. Also check first half stats of defense. Don't get me wrong, I am not dictating a more superior team, I can tell that a 12-0 team is legit, also I can tell that a team is legit that has a #1 ranking.

Dardanelle first half defensive stats... The Sand Lizards have given up 49 points thru 12 games in the first half.. What about the Scrappers, intruder??

intruder

~WPS~

Quite an accomplishment holding that conference to that few points. Lol

intruder

3 of our opponents are still playing. What about yours.

Doveman

Quote from: intruder on November 26, 2014, 10:03:02 pm
3 of our opponents are still playing. What about yours.

You're the one that made that statement intruder.  You didn't say anything about who's conference had more teams playing in it. 

Doveman

You guys have a good Thanksgiving.  Good luck to both teams and hope everyone safe travel and injury free.  Should be a great game

~WPS~

Honest question... Has Dardanelle ever won a playoff game in south Arkansas?

intruder

Prolly have 100 or so scored in first half against us. Prolly scored 60 or 70.

LizardAlum10

Honest question.. WHY does the past matter? Why does it matter how many games so and so has won where? Why does it matter how many playoff games some team has won or how many state titles they have won? Focus on the now. Focus on this season. That's all anyone should be worried about at this point.

Redrock

Like I said. Still mouthing. Don't see any dardanelle people mouthing. Hmmm   

~WPS~

WHY can't I just ask a question and get an answer? Somebody is sensitive tonight.

~WPS~

I take that back, you did answer my question.

scrapiron51

The more physical team will be wearing Orange and Black Friday night.

~WPS~

Quote from: Redrock on November 26, 2014, 10:24:29 pm
Have you ever read Fearless Friday before? That's about all this board is.

LizardAlum10

Actually I didn't answer your question. I don't know the answer. It may be 0, it may not be. Like I said, the past doesn't matter, yet yall always bring it up. Dardanelle isn't the same team they were last year or 5 years ago, just like Nashville, and every other team in this state. There's no use in comparing past to present. It gets you nowhere.

~WPS~

I haven't said anything bad about Dardanelle. I know they're a good team. I asked that question because I was curious. I'm not poking fun or mouthing.

Mulerider

Quote from: Redrock on November 26, 2014, 09:06:06 pm
You keep mouthing and your gonna be just like Pottsville.

Did you really just compare Nashville to Pottsville?  Dardanelle may very well mercy rule the Scrappers but you do realize that Nashville sometimes wins more playoff games in a season than Pottsville has won in its history?  I know Nashville is overrated every single year and they are all hype but their is something about those 31 conference titles, 7 state titles and 74 playoff victories that tells me they are not Pottsville.

scrapiron51

intruder

All kidding aside guys, congrats on making it to this level. Have safe travels here, if you need to find anything in our big city, I will try to help. Let me know what you need. All I hope for is to witness a good game, with good sportsmanship. We have had a few issues the last couple of games that I hope are cleared up. DRIVE SAFELY

Mulerider

Quote from: LizardAlum10 on November 26, 2014, 10:19:13 pm
Honest question.. WHY does the past matter? Why does it matter how many games so and so has won where? Why does it matter how many playoff games some team has won or how many state titles they have won? Focus on the now. Focus on this season. That's all anyone should be worried about at this point.

The only people that say tradition, history and program don't matter are the people that don't have it.  The past does matter.  When a program wins the participants in that program expect to win.  When a program has history or tradition the participants have been told since birth that they too will experience this tradition and history and also add to it.  A "program" knows nothing but winning.  Winning is a habit.  Winning is an attitude.

When a team enters a new situation they have never seen or were never expected to enter they don't know what it feels like to overcome the obstacles to obtain a championship.  The kids at a program like Nashville, Warren, Shiloh, Dollarway and Stuttgart have grown up watching that program succeed.  They have dreamed to be a part of such a program and know nothing different.  Kids that are in programs that have no winning tradition often have a different attitude toward the overall importance and belief that they are destined in some way to win.

The great program's kids believe they are going to line up and win no matter who they play.  Why?  Because they always have lined up and won against whoever they played.  All programs do not have that emotional tie or that attitude.  Does it matter on Friday night?  Some say no, but I've seen emotion and attitude (mental preparation) play huge roles in games and I would tend to believe that a program that has "been there done that" may have an inherent mental approach superior to the newby that has never witnessed as much as a conference title in their life time.

I expect a great game and the best team will certainly win.  But programs, history and tradition matter which is what defines and characterizes the elite programs.

Good luck to both teams.

LizardAlum10

That's awesome that the kids feel that, but don't you think that kids who've never had that also feel the need and the urge to win? I'm glad you explained that because that's what I was looking for, but that's not how it's always presented. Congratulations for having a tradition of great football. We have a great school system and pride ourselves on that. When our football team does great we are ecstatic. I just don't understand why PAST seasons are thrown around. Just because you're great a few seasons doesn't mean you're always going to be great. And just because a football program isn't great most of the time doesn't mean there's not want and try in the kids playing the current season. People have said it all year, there's something special about this Dardanelle team. Whether we win or lose Friday night, you can't discredit them because we don't have a huge football tradition like Nashville.

Mulerider

It all comes back around to the old saying "history repeats itself".  Its no accident that the same programs win year after year.  Yes, any team can win any game and I believe Dardanelle is as good as any team in 4A this season.  But tradition, history and expectation are valuable partners to have on your side in any endeavor.

tmycjy

My pick Dardanelles 35 Nashville 22 is My pick

AllAmericanMule94

Well said Mulerider!!  This is going to be one heck of a game!!  Coach Price has a special group of kids this year and Coach Dawson has another group that is very athletic and talented also!  I hope the hill is packed for this one!!

Mulerider will you be in the house?

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 26, 2014, 10:52:03 pm
Quote from: Redrock on November 26, 2014, 10:24:29 pm
Have you ever read Fearless Friday before? That's about all this board is.
Truth.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Mulerider on November 27, 2014, 09:29:00 am
It all comes back around to the old saying "history repeats itself".  Its no accident that the same programs win year after year.  Yes, any team can win any game and I believe Dardanelle is as good as any team in 4A this season.  But tradition, history and expectation are valuable partners to have on your side in any endeavor.
Well said. Tradition doesn't hurt a teams chance....most of the time. Occasionally you have a situation where said high-traditon team overlooks an underrated opponent.

Jacketman65

Tradition has to start somewhere though!  Just as Nashville's did, as Warren's did and so on.

oldballcoach

Wish I could be at this game! Two great teams and programs. It will be an exciting atmosphere for high school football. Dardanelle is having an amazing season and will escape playing on the road in a close one. Dardanelle by 2.

cuckoobird

~WPS~

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 27, 2014, 12:54:36 pm
You have 4 state title not 7
Apparently Nashville people aren't the only ones that know we have 7. This morning the ADG said we have 7.

Ball Hawk

I don't have a dog in this fight but after watching 2 Dardnelle games and seen Nashville twice in person........

Nashville should win by 14. I know I'll catch some crap for this but Nashville is going to be bigger, faster, stronger and playing at home.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Nashville has the upperhand here.

Dardnelle has no answer for Pettway. Not trying to hurt any feelings, but just giving honest outside view.

#9 for Dardnelle better play the game of his life against the zone reads and he'll need a lot of help.

Nashville 35
Dardnelle 21

Bigbossman

Feel free to correct the ADG im sure they value your opinion. 

LizardAlum10

Don't worry. I can assure you #9 brings it every game!

polksalet

LizardAlum10

November 27, 2014, 02:02:19 pm #285 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:09:32 pm by LizardAlum10
If you don't know his name now, you'll know it Friday!

Ball Hawk

Quote from: LizardAlum10 on November 27, 2014, 01:50:45 pm

Kid is very impressive on film. Should definitely be playing at the next level somewhere.

LizardAlum10

D-TOWN LIZARD

Yes he will!!!!!!!!  Awesome kid too! 

hawgfan15

I like our #9. Dardy will get to know him pretty well also

cuckoobird

November 27, 2014, 02:46:58 pm #290 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:50:42 pm by cuckoobird
Check the AAA website. It will correct you all  The 3 awarded by The Taint Weekly Chronicle dont count

scrapiron51

I doubt Nashville loses sleep over anybody in red and white.

polksalet

WalterWhite

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow night.

polksalet

SUGARTOWN

November 27, 2014, 07:07:56 pm #295 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:20:47 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 27, 2014, 01:00:28 pm
Apparently Nashville people aren't the only ones that know we have 7. This morning the ADG said we have 7.
I'm sure the DemGaz got their info from "Nashville people", i.e. Dawson, since there's not a reputable site that can back up your claim of seven. Fact checking has never been their strong suit. Lol

Top Shelf

Quote from: LizardAlum10 on November 27, 2014, 01:50:45 pm
#9 brings it every game- 40
We got a #9 too- 49

paraloma

3 Dollar

3 Dollar

D-Town Lizard must be Daddy Craig!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas