• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

could dardanelle win it all?

Started by TreeCityCilla, November 16, 2014, 08:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeCityCilla

first time seeing dardanelle play last friday and was really impressed, im thinking this could be dardanelles year if they keep playing ball. i havent saw them play since 05 the last time dardanelle and Ftn. Lake played but Friday was very impressing. just wanted everyones thoughts about that. and wanted to go ahead and put my pick up  for the 4A title this year the Lizards.

Jacketman65

Most don't want to recognize the 4-4A as being very good, due to the strength of the southern teams - 8 - for example.  Last year it was proven that the North could compete with the South in the likes of Boonville, who is now 3A.  The Cats did it with small numbers as well since they had to drop down to the 3A.  Yes, I think that the Lizard have a legitimate shot at the title, if not better than most, since they have taken care of business week in and week out.  Most importantly, they have got to stay healthy through the stretch and stay focused!  Roll on 4-4A!

FootBallar21

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 16, 2014, 09:11:42 pm
Most don't want to recognize the 4-4A as being very good, due to the strength of the southern teams - 8 - for example.  Last year it was proven that the North could compete with the South in the likes of Boonville, who is now 3A.  The Cats did it with small numbers as well since they had to drop down to the 3A.  Yes, I think that the Lizard have a legitimate shot at the title, if not better than most, since they have taken care of business week in and week out.  Most importantly, they have got to stay healthy through the stretch and stay focused!  Roll on 4-4A!

be careful lol, I personally believe Dardanelle can win it all, and I have them predicted to do so,  But OVERALL the 4-4A and most northern 4A schools can not compete with the talent of the 7 and 8-4A teams,  top to bottom,    Booneville has proven last year and before they can win it all, and Dardanelle can do that as well.    Mena was a 5 seed in the 4-4A in 2010 and went down to Arkadelphia a member of the 7-4A who won the conference and upset them so it is possible .   But this year if you took all the teams in 4,7,and 8-4A  only Dardanelle belongs on the field with the top 4 or 5 teams in those conferences!   

Apache4Life

Jacketman65 is correct.. 4-4 is tough ! Just my opinion,,everyone has one, it will be your champion again !
  Good luck to Clinton & Dardanelle this wknd..

Top Shelf

Quote from: TreeCityCilla on November 16, 2014, 08:27:39 pm
first time seeing dardanelle play last friday and was really impressed, im thinking this could be dardanelles year if they keep playing ball. i havent saw them play since 05 the last time dardanelle and Ftn. Lake played but Friday was very impressing. just wanted everyones thoughts about that. and wanted to go ahead and put my pick up  for the 4A title this year the Lizards.
long time listener, first time caller?

AirWarren

Could Dardanelle be THIS YEARS Arkadelphia? Geez. The posters come out of the wood works.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2014, 05:24:23 pm
Could Dardanelle be THIS YEARS Arkadelphia? Geez. The posters come out of the wood works.

LOL I was just thinking that

The 2014 playoff darling for sure. Everybody keep jumping on the bandwagon

FanOfTheSport

Legit shot at winning it all this year, Goodluck I hope they do.

arklasports57

Hey now.........you all gotta have a first post  ::)  Several of us are still here.  Like it or not!

WPWells

I'm a hipster. I picked Dardanelle before it was cool

scrapiron51

Well I got Nashville, I'm still a good ole boy.

WPWells

scrapiron51

CHS, what would it take to make you a Nashville fan?

WPWells

scrapiron51

We like to continue to build a fan base around the state. Always good to have as many supporters as we can lol

WPWells

Hmmmmm what do y'all have to offer ole 12th Man?

nastynice

RedMan

They will be in the finals for sure. Nashville is a good team but can't hold Dardanelle's jock!

AirWarren

Quote from: arklasports57 on November 17, 2014, 08:14:50 pm

Hey now.........you all gotta have a first post  ::)  Several of us are still here.  Like it or not!

I admire that. Stick around. Its fun.

scrapiron51

We offer the best football history in 4a, including 4 state championships. But wait... If you join now we will throw in an extra 2014 state championship for free, see PG, Dardanelle, and Warren for shipping and handling.

WPWells

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 09:02:38 pm
We offer the best football history in 4a besides Stuttgart, including 4 state championships. But wait... If you join now we will throw in an extra 2014 state championship for free, see PG, Dardanelle, and Warren for shipping and handling.

FIFY

scrapiron51

scrapiron51

And Pocahontas can't hold Nashvilles jock lol

WPWells

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 09:06:11 pm

That post was just stirring the pot. I'd need a full breakdown of the argument to judge

scrapiron51

Just go look at the when Dardanelle goes out thread, that's where it'll be. But don't go look at the Nashvillle/Stuttgart thread, we like to ruin other peoples thread, lol

WPWells

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 09:11:27 pm
Just go look at the when Dardanelle goes out thread, that's where it'll be. But don't go look at the Nashvillle/Stuttgart thread, we like to ruin other peoples thread, lol

I skimmed that thread when it was going, but I want the Cliff's Notes here

RedMan

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 09:06:11 pm

What does pocahontas have to do with any of this?

Jacketman65

Could Dardanelle be last years Boonville?  Geez, the posters could go back into the woods!  Let's not start counting chickens there
AW!  We all know what happened last year!

scrapiron51

You stated a false statement when you said Nashville couldn't hold Dardanelles jock.

cuckoobird

If you get to play them we'll see. But first you gotta beat the wing t

AirWarren

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 17, 2014, 11:45:28 pm
Could Dardanelle be last years Boonville?  Geez, the posters could go back into the woods!  Let's not start counting chickens there
AW!  We all know what happened last year!

NAH!

Gray lizard

I am not sure I understand this.  I do not see a single Dardanelle poster in this thread.
I am from Dardanelle but my primary support goes to Pottsville.  I just know a good team when I see it.  Not sure when I started posting on this board and do not post a lot but It appears I have spent several days on this site.

polksalet

I watched some Dardanelle video earlier tonight. That qb is very good throwing the ball. And while he doesn't have very much speed he has very good balance.

D-TOWN LIZARD

He's got enuff speed to do what needs to be done....& dnt let his size mislead u cuz we've seen plenty of people chasing his "slow" tail down the field into the end zone....so think what u want.

STUNNA

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on November 19, 2014, 07:01:08 am
He's got enuff speed to do what needs to be done....& dnt let his size mislead u cuz we've seen plenty of people chasing his "slow" tail down the field into the end zone....so think what u want.

Slow people chasing slow people... Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 19, 2014, 07:14:51 am
He's got enuff speed to do what needs to be done....& dnt let his size mislead u cuz we've seen plenty of people
chasing his "slow" tail down the field into the end zone....so think what u want.

Catching him is one thing, tackling him is another.

D-TOWN LIZARD

EXACTLY!!!!!!  So speed on up to him and get run over by a train!!!!!  CHOO! CHOO! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardanelle plays football?  When did they add that?  I thought all their focus was on the band.

D-TOWN LIZARD

When we started seeing the benefits of feeding the kids chicken!!!!!!!   ;D

Top Shelf

Hey, did you see that slow guy almost catch that other slow guy as he ran in the end zone?  lol

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 19, 2014, 10:43:10 am

Hey, did you see that slow guy almost catch that other slow guy as he ran in the end zone?  lol

Hopefully our slow little team can keep finding a way to win.

D-TOWN LIZARD

doesn't matter how fast you get there, as long as you get there.    :-*

hogfan10

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 18, 2014, 08:46:59 am

I am not sure I understand this.  I do not see a single Dardanelle poster in this thread.
I am from Dardanelle but my primary support goes to Pottsville.  I just know a good team when I see it.  Not sure when I started posting on this board and do not post a lot but It appears I have spent several days on this site.

Here's all you need to know:

Unless your conceding defeat to Warren/Nashville your thoughts are rubbish. Unfortunately Arkadelphia has/had the audacity to not fear either Warren/Nashville. Which is obviously unacceptable; even though Arkadelphia has won 2 of last 3 against Nashville (since our most recent drop from 5A), and gave Warren all they wanted last year in the playoffs.

kjjackson

Maybe Arkadelphia should focus on Gosnell and not their Nashville obsession. But two out of three is an impressive run for Arakdelphia in the history of the rivalry.

bullseye

hogfan10

Quote from: kjjackson on November 19, 2014, 04:41:03 pm
Maybe Arkadelphia should focus on Gosnell and not their Nashville obsession. But two out of three is an impressive run for Arakdelphia in the history of the rivalry.

Hate to break it to you, but there is no obsession with Nashville. I believe it was a Warren and Nashville poster who brought us into this thread.
Oh, and Nashville has won 6 of the last 11 meetings between Arkadelphia/Nashville (per this site). Pretty even if you ask me.

scrapiron51

Nope we're up one. About to be up a lot more. That's impressive when your town has double the population that we do.

hawgfan15

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 19, 2014, 05:09:40 pm

Hate to break it to you, but there is no obsession with Nashville. I believe it was a Warren and Nashville poster who brought us into this thread.
Oh, and Nashville has won 6 of the last 11 meetings between Arkadelphia/Nashville (per this site). Pretty even if you ask me.

Pretty sure I have told you at least 3 or 4 times before that this site is incorrect. Ballplayer1 can hook you up with the correct series record. It's not even close in the last 12 or so meetings

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 19, 2014, 05:11:46 pm
Nope we're up one. About to be up a lot more. That's impressive when your town has double the population that we do.

Town is double the size, the school isn't. Now I wonder how something like that could happen. Could it be people don't leave Arkadelphia the first chance they get, like they do Nashville.

hogfan10

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 19, 2014, 07:18:42 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on November 19, 2014, 05:09:40 pm

Pretty sure I have told you at least 3 or 4 times before that this site is incorrect. Ballplayer1 can hook you up with the correct series record. It's not even close in the last 12 or so meetings

Well why don't you tell us again? I seem to remember it being a closer series than you were claiming.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas