• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Playoffs (2nd round)

Started by hawgfan15, November 16, 2014, 03:54:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

After the 1st round of the playoffs 4 of the 5 teams from 7-4A are still alive. Congrats to FL on a very successful season back in 7-4A.

Star City @ Mena

The Bearcats dominated CAC in the 1st round. The defense really stepped up and shut down a pretty good passing attack. This weeks matchup with Star City is a tough one in the 2nd round. The Bulldogs are a big physical team with a very good running back. The key for Mena will be too limit the running game and force 3rd and longs. To do that I believe they will have to sell out in the run game and take their chances with man coverage. I will take Mena in a close one

Mena 35

Star City 31

Malvern @ Pea Ridge

The Leopards make the long drive up to 1-4A country to take on the conference winner Pea Ridge. Malvern knows too well of what the top 1-4A teams are capable of after a loss to Lincoln last season. This team has a strong senior class and will be ready for the challenge.

Malvern 38

Pea Ridge 28

Prairie Grove @ Nashville

The Scrappers are coming off of the bye as healthy as they have been all season. A familiar playoff opponent will be coming to town this week in PG. A lot of people are anxious to see how Nashville will handle a power running team. I believe they will be prepared and will make a statement this week.

Nashville 42

PG 14

Arkadelphia @ Gosnell

The Badgers were able to overcome a slow start to defeat the #2 seed in 4-4A Pottsville by 19. They will now travel to the #2 seed in 3-4A to take on Gosnell. When the Badgers take care of the football they are tough to beat. I feel like they match up with the Pirates well and will advance to the quarterfinals.

Arkadelphia 35

Gosnell 20

Feel free to post your predictions, thoughts, and insight on all of these games.

scrapiron51

Malvern @ Pea Ridge
I look for a Malvern win Friday night. Malvern is very similar to Nashville in a lot of ways and I think they match up to Pea Ridge very well athletically. NWA teams always play hard, but I think Malvern will physically abuse the Blackhawks.

Malvern- 35
Pea Ridge-20

Star City @ Mena
Star City will dominate Mena upfront and run it down the bearcats throat. Mena's offense will keep it close though.

SC- 42
Mena- 35

Arkadelphia @ Gosnell
Interesting matchup with Gosnell coming off of a huge win over Dover, I'll have to agree with hawgfan that Gosnells strength plays into the favor of Arky.

Arky- 28
Gosnell-21

PG @ Nashville
Domination. Nashville will make a statement and smash the Wing T offense. These seniors will be ready to go.

Nashville- 42
PG- 0

FootBallar21

Very hard matchups for a few teams in 7-4A , but I do believe these 4 teams all advance,  with the Mena - Star City game being the closest contest.   
I think Malvern - Pea Ridge is close early but Malvern pulls away in the 2nd half and wins 38 - 20

Arkansasfootballfan

Malvern by 10
Mena by 6
Arkadelphia by 11
Nashville by 21

Qhcaoc

Its good to see you have faith in your conference but I don't think all 4 will make it out of this round I wouldn't be shocked if there was only 1 team from the 7-4a is left in the Quarterfinals

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 20, 2014, 07:50:14 pm
Its good to see you have faith in your conference but I don't think all 4 will make it out of this round I wouldn't be shocked if there was only 1 team from the 7-4a is left in the Quarterfinals

It's more likely all 4 teams will be left. 

The Coach

3 is most likely still alive. Mena being the one I think is most likely to get beat of the 4. They have by far the toughest game!!

hawgfan15

Malvern 31-6

Nashville 28-8

Mena 21-10

Arkadelphia tied up

I like it 7-4A! Finish strong

Qhcaoc

I was wrong and I am very willing to admit it

arklasports57

hawgfan15

Well I guess we see who has the best conference in 2014!

mossflyer

I guess so...can't argue after this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas