• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shilo Christian at Pocahontas for round 2

Started by redskinsfan, November 16, 2014, 08:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redskinsfan

What are your thoughts on this round 2 matchup?

scrapiron51

Don't know much about Pocahontas, but after beating Robinson by a TD, I have to go with Shiloh as much as I hate to.

RedMan

Well when u have 2 TDs called back and interception called back it makes it tough to beat anybody. Oh and not to mention 95 penalty yards compared to 30 against Robinson doesn't help either. Robinson scored one td offensively and was shut down most of the night.

scrapiron51

redskinsfan

Quote from: RedMan on November 16, 2014, 11:41:29 am
Well when u have 2 TDs called back and interception called back it makes it tough to beat anybody. Oh and not to mention 95 penalty yards compared to 30 against Robinson doesn't help either. Robinson scored one td offensively and was shut down most of the night.

Not to mention the interception return that Robinson had for a TD, hit the ground and bounced straight up to the Robinson's defenders hand. I've watched it several times on film.

STUNNA

redskinsfan

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 09:02:04 am
Sounds like excuses

I don't think there are excuses being made, we won. Why make excuses? I was just stating the facts of the film I saw on the one play.

Qhcaoc

Sports Fan25

Comparing scores from week to week just shows someone's Sports' IQ. Every team is different as well as every game is different.

scrapiron51

If you beat a MEDIOCRE at best Pulaski Robinson team by 1 touchdown that leads me to think that you will not be able to beat an above average Shlioh Christian team. Pocahontas' season ends this week.

hogfan22

I don't know much about Shiloh Christian. What makes them an above average team?

TIGER101

Quote from: hogfan22 on November 18, 2014, 08:47:03 am
I don't know much about Shiloh Christian. What makes them an above average team?

Shiloh is average only.  They finish 2nd and I'm still scratching my head on that one....  PG blew a 21 point lead in the second half and not sure I have ever seen a wing-t team do that..

policeman

i think it will be a much better game than people think.  Hope the refs are on our side, unlike last game.

Qhcaoc

I think both teams are above average I know Pokie has a good team this year dont know much about SC I just know their coach from GCT and he never did much there

STUNNA

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 18, 2014, 09:11:49 am
Quote from: hogfan22 on November 18, 2014, 08:47:03 am

Shiloh is average only.  They finish 2nd and I'm still scratching my head on that one....  PG blew a 21 point lead in the second half and not sure I have ever seen a wing-t team do that..

Sounds like PG must be average also...

polksalet

Blazer51

LJ06

Romeo

Shiloh Christian 7 Pocahontas 7 end of 3rd

TBone70

SUGARTOWN

Cfpr

policeman

talked to several people that were at the game and they said Pokey was screwed over by bad calls.  I wasn't there and don't know what happened.  Anyone have any information?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: policeman on November 22, 2014, 05:06:40 pm
talked to several people that were at the game and they said Pokey was screwed over by bad calls.  I wasn't there and don't know what happened.  Anyone have any information?
Why didn't you ask the people you talked too that were complaining?

ShilohSaint

The score could have been worse for Pokie than it was. Shiloh was in the red zone multiple times and came away with no points on those drives.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: ShilohSaint on November 23, 2014, 09:47:50 am
The score could have been worse for Pokie than it was. Shiloh was in the red zone multiple times and came away with no points on those drives.
So what you're saying is Shiloh can't close out drives? I have no dog in this fight but just wondering if they've had redzone difficulty all year or if it was just this game?

Blazer51

Sounds like pocy played a good defensive game!

redskinsfan

Score could have been worse if Pocahontas's defense wasn't as good. The difference in the game was Shiloh block a punt on a bumbled snap and recovered on the 4 yard line and Shiloh scored on 3rd down. Both teams played excellent defense and I have no real complaints over the officiating. The only call I wish would of had a different outcome would be when the Shiloh OC ran onto the field and bowed up in the officials face. Then their head coach made a good tackle by running into the OC and pushing him behind the players. The OC got an unsportsmanlike penalty, I think he should have been tossed for that display. Good hard fought game by both sides. That short field on the blocked punt inside the 5 yard line made the difference. Great season Redskins, no one thought we would be the #1 seed from this conference at the beginning of the year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas