• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to give credit to 4-4a

Started by scrapiron51, November 14, 2014, 11:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

I have said that Dardanelle was the real deal all week, but I want to give the other teams a little credit. Clinton won, and Pottsville put up a fight early to Arky. I respect Dardanelle and hopefully we can decide who is the better conference champion in 2 weeks IF we both survive. With that said I am definitely not overlooking the next game against PG!

taclark1996

Don't forget PR playing Pocahontas done to the last second.

scrapiron51

whippersnapper

Told hawgfan15 one night that I thought this conference was really being overlooked. Not saying their the best but maybe #2 or #3.

hawgfan15

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 14, 2014, 11:57:31 pm
Told hawgfan15 one night that I thought this conference was really being overlooked. Not saying their the best but maybe #2 or #3.

Maybe #3 lol don't get too carried away.

Dardanelle is impressive, not the conference

WalterWhite

Quote from: taclark1996 on November 14, 2014, 11:42:24 pm
Don't forget PR playing Pocahontas done to the last second.
They sure did, and it was a good game.

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 14, 2014, 11:32:29 pm
I have said that Dardanelle was the real deal all week, but I want to give the other teams a little credit. Clinton won, and Pottsville put up a fight early to Arky. I respect Dardanelle and hopefully we can decide who is the better conference champion in 2 weeks IF we both survive. With that said I am definitely not overlooking the next game against PG!

Arkadelphia is the 4 seed from the 7-4A and Pottsville, the 2 seed from the 4-4A.  If anything that just further proves the 7's strength.

Scooter2121

Won't even be a 4-4a team in the playoffs after next Friday night!!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 15, 2014, 06:37:49 am
Won't even be a 4-4a team in the playoffs after next Friday night!!

So says the sad little troll who is loyal to no school and roots against the schools he attended. I guess it's hard for you to understand team loyalty since you never put the work in on the field.

NoRetreat

So u have 2 teams left out of 5 and u want pros ???

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: NoRetreat on November 15, 2014, 08:08:41 am
So u have 2 teams left out of 5 and u want pros ???

I want pros?? Whatever. My post was for Scooter.

WPWells

The guy who started this thread is from Nashville

scrapiron51

Exactly, I am from Nashville and just wanted to give a little credit to Dardanelle, however I think their season will end at the hill in 2 weeks.

FootBallar21

Like I have said since about week 5 or 6 , I believe Dardanelle is the real deal,  but overall the 4A conference is still down and not very good top to bottom,   your 2nd seed just lost convincingly to the 4th Seed from 7-4A.     the 4-4A Likely needs Dardanelle to go to at least the final 4,  just to be considered the 3rd best conference!

SandRattler

taclark1996

4aforlife

People always over look this conference but for the last two years I'm pretty sure a team from the 4-4a has played in the rock

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: 4aforlife on November 23, 2014, 12:04:00 pm
People always over look this conference but for the last two years I'm pretty sure a team from the 4-4a has played in the rock
Ozark was in the 1-4A in 2012.

OLDSCHOOL82

Correct.  They have been back and forth.  Things will change again after next year.  Looks like Clinton and Newport may be dropping and a couple 3A are moving up for sure.  Looks like Booneville will remain on the line either the biggest 3A or smallest 4a again.

FootBallar21

With Clinton Beating Dollarway and Mena beating Star City,   this week clearly proved the 7-4A is by FAR the best conference in 4A football this year! with 4 teams left,  and the 4-4A is the 2nd best.      But that Means that the 7-4A only playoff loss was their 5th seed Fountain Lake to the 2nd best conferences champion Dardanelle,  and the 7-4A's 4th seed Arky defeated the 2nd best conferences 2nd seed.   Just shows how big of a gap there really is between the 7-4A and everyone else this year!   

STUNNA

whippersnapper

It really is about match ups. If Clinton had played Warren instead they probably don't win that game. But they get $way who probably thought Clinton was the same 4-7 team they beat the year before like a drum.

FootBallar21

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 24, 2014, 12:58:21 pm
It really is about match ups. If Clinton had played Warren instead they probably don't win that game. But they get $way who probably thought Clinton was the same 4-7 team they beat the year before like a drum.

Exactly ,  and honestly 8-4A should still probably be the 2nd best,  but the proof is in the pudding and all we have to go on is this years playoffs which look like 4-4A is clear #2. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas