• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City @ Mena 2nd Round

Started by whippersnapper, November 14, 2014, 11:25:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

Oh yea, I've been hearing that for 5 weeks lol

The Coach

I have no doubt he would've made a difference. Just not a big enough difference to win the game.

scrapiron51

Exactly how I feel! I guess we will never know though!

FootBallar21

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:09:49 am
They weren't dynamic enough to put up 28 on Nashville. SC wins, but I will still be rooting for 7-4a

Their best player who has accounted for 6 or 7 TD's the last 2 games ,  including around 300 Rushing Yards and being the teams leading Receiver with several TD Catches as well,   Also had a huge punt return vs CAC and recovered a fumble and returned it about 40 yards last week ,    Also had several tackles and pass breakups.     He was suspended for the Nashville game,  using that game to judge Mena is not accurate ,    a couple Key Facts about Mena's offense in the other 10 Games when their Star player is on the field

-40 Points the 2nd most CAC has given up in a loss this season!
-Mena averaged 40.2 Points Per game in the other 10 Games this Season!   
-Scored 42 Points on Bauxite the 2nd most they have given up all season!
- Scored 36 Points on Malvern, which is the Most they have allowed all season!
- Mena Scored 55 Points At Ashdown,  which is BY FAR the most points they have allowed all season,  They only gave up 31 to Nashville, 33 to Arkadelphia, 24 to Fountain lake.

scrapiron51

Bauxite gave up 54 points to Nashville in 2 quarters. Bauxite is irrelevant right now. Mena got physically dominated up front and it wouldn't have mattered if Darren McFadden was the running back, nothing would have changed.

hawgfan15

Mena caught a lot of teams at the right time of the season. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Exactly why I will be picking Mena to win this Friday night. This team has a little magic about em. Good luck Bearcats!

FootBallar21

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:16:39 am
Exactly how I feel! I guess we will never know though!

Would he of made enough difference to beat Nashville that night, NO ,  but Mena isn't playing Nashville Friday night they are playing Star City, and what has Star City even done this season,  Looking back at their schd and results, it seems everyone has DEEMED they really good based off of 1 LONE victory over Dollarway,   Even though Warren beat them by 25 Points,  Hamburg beat them by 17 Points ,  Dumas played Star City a lot closer than they did Dollarway , Warren or Hamburg,  Same can be said for Dewitt they also played Star City a lot closer than they did vs Warren, Dollarway, and Hamburg,   

It just seems like everyone is over looking Star City's entire body of work just because of one Huge upset.   They seem to be like the Fountain Lake of the 7-4A a solid team,  that beat the best team in conference somehow but couldn't beat any other elite teams,    and really aren't as good as the other teams in their conference.   

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 16, 2014, 11:31:03 am
Mena caught a lot of teams at the right time of the season. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Exactly why I will be picking Mena to win this Friday night. This team has a little magic about em. Good luck Bearcats!

I still don't see how that can be an argument but oh well.     

on another note, I won't be able to make the game Friday, but the Mena pulse online will be airing the game live . 
http://mypulsenews.com/

hawgfan15

Star City has a lot of size and a very good RB. Mena will have to sell out to stop the run and take their chances with one on one coverage. The defense will have to come up with turnovers like they have in most games this season.

theeunderdog4

Vince Lombardi said "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

hawgfan15

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on November 16, 2014, 11:47:04 am

Or when a good team plays a team(s) when they aren't playing good football. (Ashdown, Malvern, FL) But they earned every win, no doubt.

It's not a bad thing to have things fall your way. It pays off this time of year. Let me repeat that Mena has earned every win.

whippersnapper

Mena brings something to this game that Newport couldn't. Depth. They won't have the size to match up but with only about 5 players going both ways they can keep in it. Newport all night struggled to run the ball up the middle because of Capps. They had to get outside on zone and sweeps. And even then it was tough. SC also has something not a lot of high school teams have. A good kicker. Also this is arguably the best qb SC has faced all year in Sage Kesterson. He has had an all state year and has been pretty consistent. This game will come down to the final mins I believe. Late in the year like this though the teams that win run the ball with success and defend the run well win games in november. And SC has the guys to do that. 38-34 SC

hawgfan15

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 16, 2014, 12:06:24 pm
Mena brings something to this game that Newport couldn't. Depth. They won't have the size to match up but with only about 5 players going both ways they can keep in it. Newport all night struggled to run the ball up the middle because of Capps. They had to get outside on zone and sweeps. And even then it was tough. SC also has something not a lot of high school teams have. A good kicker. Also this is arguably the best qb SC has faced all year in Sage Kesterson. He has had an all state year and has been pretty consistent. This game will come down to the final mins I believe. Late in the year like this though the teams that win run the ball with success and defend the run well win games in november. And SC has the guys to do that. 38-34 SC

Well said Whip! I will go with Mena 35 SC 31, pulling for 7-4A

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 16, 2014, 12:05:18 pm

Or when a good team plays a team(s) when they aren't playing good football. (Ashdown, Malvern, FL) But they earned every win, no doubt.

It's not a bad thing to have things fall your way. It pays off this time of year. Let me repeat that Mena has earned every win.

So Malvern, Fountain Lake, and Ashdown all decided to play their worse games and not show up all against Mena?   Ok,  Mena was looking ahead to Waldron their last game of the season, when they played Nashville back in week 6 or 7,  That's why Mena didn't show up that game too lol

STUNNA

If you can't throw the ball you don't have a chance to beat SC

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 12:43:04 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 16, 2014, 12:05:18 pm

So Malvern, Fountain Lake, and Ashdown all decided to play their worse games and not show up all against Mena?   Ok,  Mena was looking ahead to Waldron their last game of the season, when they played Nashville back in week 6 or 7,  That's why Mena didn't show up that game too lol

I don't recall saying those teams played their worst games against Mena but they definitely weren't playing their best football at that time. Anyone that keeps up with 7-4A knows that

CounterPunch

November 16, 2014, 03:29:12 pm #66 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:36:06 pm by CounterPunch
All Mena has to do is run the ball on us. We can't stop it. ;D

CounterPunch

SC stats against Newport

Tye Brown QB
8-15 130 yards 1 TD, 1 int
5 carries for 5 yards 1TD

Dajunn Harris RB
23 carries for 312 yards (13.6 per carry) 2TDs
1 reception 12 yards

LJ Shelton RB
10 carries 36 yards 1 TD

Blake Wynn WR
4 catches for 91 yards

Bo Mcbroom TE
1 catch 5 yards 1 TD

Underdog88

The big question: can Menas defense stop star city's offense. I know nothing about Menas D except that they held CAC to 9 points, which sounds impressive to me. But this is what decides the game right here.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Underdog88 on November 16, 2014, 06:40:01 pm
The big question: can Menas defense stop star city's offense. I know nothing about Menas D except that they held CAC to 9 points, which sounds impressive to me. But this is what decides the game right here.
yea they stopped CAC really well but it's hard to know how they will stop SC. CAC is a pass first team while SC is a run first team. But SC can and will pass when needed as well. They have one heck of a receiver in Wynn.

HeberFan

Newport was really flat against Star City. Don't know why but the Hounds just didn't play well, especially on offense. Mena beats Star City this week.

CounterPunch

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 06:46:48 pm
Newport was really flat against Star City. Don't know why but the Hounds just didn't play well, especially on offense. Mena beats Star City this week.
They got beat by a really good team, that's what happened. It was a heck of a ballgame. I haven't heard anyone but you say that Newport played flat. It was a shootout in the 2nd half.

Big Fan

Newport was really flat against Star City.
Sometimes teams are "flat" because they aren't very darn good. 

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2014, 07:25:50 pm

+1

HeberFan

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2014, 07:25:50 pm

You think Newport isn't very good? You don't know football.

Big Fan

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 07:28:24 pm
You think Newport isn't very good?
They're one and done aren't they? 

whippersnapper

If anyone wants to look at the team stats they are on the Newport SC topic. I think they speak for themselves about how good both teams really are.

Big Fan

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 16, 2014, 07:31:52 pm
If anyone wants to look at the team stats they are on the Newport SC topic. I think they speak for themselves about how good both teams really are.
Stats are for losers. 

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2014, 12:55:22 pm

Mena loves to Run,  but probably has the best QB Star City has faced all season in Kesterson who is really accurate and great on the play action,  Should be a great matchup!

HeberFan

Dan Marino has great stats and no Superbowl wins. Same thing for Barry Sanders. Are they both losers ?

Big Fan

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2014, 07:48:30 pm
Dan Marino has great stats and no Superbowl wins. Same thing for Barry Sanders. Are they both losers ?
Their teams were. 

CounterPunch

Yea Newport isn't good because Star City beat them. Believe what you want. We will see who is playing after Thanksgiving. And when SC beats Mena next week, they won't be good neither. Haters gonna hate BigFan. Go watch some basketball or soccer. It's seems that's the only thing Monicello can do worth a darn.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2014, 07:53:35 pm
Yea Newport isn't good because Star City beat them. Believe what you want. We will see who is playing after Thanksgiving. And when SC beats Mena next week, they won't be good neither. Haters gonna hate BigFan. Go watch some basketball or soccer. It's seems that's the only thing Monicello can do worth a darn.

SC got lucky.  The decline starts Friday night for Twinkletown ;D

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2014, 07:54:50 pm

SC got lucky.  The decline starts Friday night for Twinkletown ;D
wow

CounterPunch

Got lucky beating Dway, got lucky beating Newport. SC led all but 2 minutes of the game against Dway and led the entire game against Neport at Newport. But it's all luck. Mena has the game won before we get there Friday.

Big Fan

We are a little sensitive tonight apparently.  In no way was I directing that toward SC.  A good team beat an over rated team. 

BTW, you apparently don't know much about our soccer program....lol. 

Big Fan

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2014, 08:02:16 pm
We are a little sensitive tonight apparently.  In no way was I directing that toward SC.  A good team beat an over rated team. 

BTW...is that not why ya'll "lost" in week 10?  So you could play some bad teams? 

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 16, 2014, 07:47:13 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2014, 12:55:22 pm

Mena loves to Run,  but probably has the best QB Star City has faced all season in Kesterson who is really accurate and great on the play action,  Should be a great matchup!

Best qb is questionable... And gotta have receivers that can get open

CounterPunch

November 16, 2014, 08:17:49 pm #88 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:19:23 pm by CounterPunch

you say they are overrated because we beat them. And y'all's soccer program can't be worse than the football program...

LJ06

Sorry CP I guess I forgot to mention the sarcasm lol

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2014, 08:17:49 pm

you say they are overrated because we beat them. And y'all's soccer program can't be worse than the football program...
....yes it can. 

I say they are overrated because they won the weak 2-4A.  Don't be hyper sensitive.  Respect will come with success.....and not throwing games. 

CounterPunch

CounterPunch

We didn't throw a game. Made a mistake subbing in too early and had two turnovers with subs in. As embarrassing it is to say, we simply lost to Crossett.

Bulldog92

No since in trying to explain The Crossett Loss it is what it is and everyone has their own opinion!! 

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2014, 08:26:42 pm
We didn't throw a game. Made a mistake subbing in too early and had two turnovers with subs in. As embarrassing it is to say, we simply lost to Crossett.
ok.... ;)

Bulldog92

Heber I guess you are practicing bouncing from thread to thread because after Friday nights trip to Warren there definitely won't be a Heber thread unless you go to the basketball forum!!  Have a safe trip!!

Big Fan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 16, 2014, 08:30:39 pm
Heber I guess you are practicing bouncing from thread to thread because after Friday nights trip to Warren there definitely won't be a Heber thread unless you go to the basketball forum!!  Have a safe trip!!
Who are you referring to DA?  You are right that Heber will be gone after this week. 

Jacketman65

Everything catches up sooner or later in the playoffs!

HeberFan

We are allowed to post on more than one thread.  And every team, save one, loses per classification. No shame if a team plays hard.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

As bad a I don't like Star City I will keep it real. Mena better strap there helmets on tight yal are fixing to find out how deep the 8-4a is, and for Heber yal are to. So have fun talking if that's what makes u feel good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas