• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Pea Ridge - Round 2

Started by prHOG13, November 14, 2014, 10:57:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 10:14:57 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 09:56:26 am
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 09:27:53 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 09:04:33 am
Quote from: bigunit11 on November 19, 2014, 08:45:11 am
The only think I question is level of competition. Their opponents have a combined record of 43-62. Only three have winning records.
You can look at that both ways. Malvern has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record and the combined records of the 7 teams they beat in the the regular season was 28-40.
Sugartown, that's not a fair assessment when the conference still has 4 teams playing
Why not? The 1-4A has 3 teams left, the 7-4A has 4. Malvern beat only one of those remaining teams, Pea Ridge beat both of the other 1-4A teams...
You failed to mention Gentry and Gravette. I wonder why.
You mean 2 more teams that Pea Ridge beat?

All I'm saying is that you can't blame a team for their conference schedule. The 1-4A is not the weakest conference. And you can say "Well, Malvern plays in one of the toughest conferences so they're better". BUT as I said earlier, they only beat 2 teams from that conference with a winning record. And one of those got mercy ruled in the first round.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2014, 10:25:16 am
The only think I question is level of competition. Their opponents have a combined record of 43-62. Only three have winning records.
You can look at that both ways. Malvern has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record and the combined records of the 7 teams they beat in the the regular season was 28-40.
Sugartown, that's not a fair assessment when the conference still has 4 teams playing
Why not? The 1-4A has 3 teams left, the 7-4A has 4. Malvern beat only one of those remaining teams, Pea Ridge beat both of the other 1-4A teams...

All I'm saying is that you can't blame a team for their conference schedule. The 1-4A is not the weakest conference. And you can say "Well, Malvern plays in one of the toughest conferences so they're better". BUT as I said earlier, they only beat 2 teams from that conference with a winning record. And one of those got mercy ruled in the first round.
You and I both know that Dardanelle is pretty good and they beat our 5th seed team. What really intrigues me is Gravette losing 45-7 to Warren and Pea Ridge barely  beating Gravette 21-19. 

SUGARTOWN

And Malvern hasn't played Warren so I don't really see how you can compare anything there.

Look, Malvern may very well win this game, all I'm saying is don't assume you're going to win just because it's 1-4A vs 7-4A. The top teams in the 1-4A have done pretty well the past few years in the playoffs.

Ole Legend

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 10:33:06 am

You and I both know that Dardanelle is pretty good and they beat our 5th seed team. What really intrigues me is Gravette losing 45-7 to Warren and Pea Ridge barely  beating Gravette 21-19.

I was at the PR-Gravette game. PR had three or more 40+ yard touchdowns called back for questionable "holding calls". And the Gentry game wasn't as close as the score shows, PR took out their starters and then Gentry scored.

Cobra73

My Money is on Malvern. MALVERN (35) PR (21)

iivydriff

November 19, 2014, 02:22:48 pm #55 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:45:59 pm by iivydriff

PR Barely beat Gravette it appears by the score, but there were alot of things that went on in that game that changed the true outcome of the game. The score in that game did not reflect how it actually was.  Shiloh Beat Gravette 39-14 and PR barely got by Gravette (it appears) so what happened in the PR Shiloh game? Shiloh put a thumping on Gravette so they will beat PR right? Wrong!!! PR beat Shiloh 32-6 and should have been 40-0. So comparing PR to other teams by the Gravette score probably wont help you out much comparing the two teams.

kjjackson

I watched that game, it was a boring as a baseball game.

IPROFB

PEE RIDGE had several TD's called back in the Gravette game. The score does not reflect the action on the field.  Malvern will be a load for PR but my money is on PR.

Ole Legend

Quote from: iivydriff on November 19, 2014, 02:22:48 pm

Barely beat Gravette it appears by the score, but there were alot of things that went on in that game that changed the true outcome of the game. The score in that game did not reflect how it actually was.  Shiloh Beat Gravette 39-14 and PR barely got by Gravette (it appears) so what happened in the PR Shiloh game? PR won it 32-6 and should have been 40-0. So comparing Warren to PR by the Gravette score probably wont help you out much comparing two teams.

Ivy would have had close to 250+ yards in the Gravette game, but the ref threw a flag as he stepped in the endzone, twice, and both runs were at least 50 yards.

iivydriff

Ivy wound up with just over 200 yards in that game anyway.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 19, 2014, 02:41:33 pm

Barely beat Gravette it appears by the score, but there were alot of things that went on in that game that changed the true outcome of the game. The score in that game did not reflect how it actually was.  Shiloh Beat Gravette 39-14 and PR barely got by Gravette (it appears) so what happened in the PR Shiloh game? PR won it 32-6 and should have been 40-0. So comparing Warren to PR by the Gravette score probably wont help you out much comparing two teams.

Ivy would have had close to 250+ yards in the Gravette game, but the ref threw a flag as he stepped in the endzone, twice, and both runs were at least 50 yards.
I could say Malvern had at least 3 people out in the Mena game and 5 turnovers but I didn't. I also could have said Malvern held Nashville scoreless in the 2nd half only to lose by a blocked FG but I didn't. I also could have said Malvern lead Lake Hamilton 14-0 in the first quarter then flags started flying for, sideline warning, holding. Lake Hamilton lost in 1st round to Alma 14-7 but I didn't.

iivydriff

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 19, 2014, 04:08:12 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 19, 2014, 02:41:33 pm

I could say Malvern had at least 3 people out in the Mena game and 5 turnovers but I didn't. I also could have said Malvern held Nashville scoreless in the 2nd half only to lose by a blocked FG but I didn't. I also could have said Malvern lead Lake Hamilton 14-0 in the first quarter then flags started flying for, sideline warning, holding. Lake Hamilton lost in 1st round to Alma 14-7 but I didn't.
What you did do was compare PR scores with Gravette with Warren and Gravette. You were givin some response that Gravette would not be a good team to get your comparison from. Nobody made any excuses as to why the score was the way it was. I know why it was like that. PR still won the game and thats all that matters.  Anyone that wants to use that game to compare go right ahead it doesnt bother us PR folks. Im glad that game turned out like that. I think it could have caused a couple teams in the conference to overlook PR. Like i was saying Shiloh beat Gravette 39-14  PR turned around and beat shiloh 32-6 after barely getting by Gravette as you say. LOL  Look at the PG and Gravette score and PG and PR score. See it that PR and Gravette Score dont seem really odd

DWayAlumn2002

scrapiron51

Nashville was a better team then Malvern that night, regardless of it being decided by a blocked field goal. I will give credit where credit is do though, Malvern is the best team Nashville has faced all year.

Maynard G Krebs

I would have expected some Urine Hill (Pea Ridge) jokes by now on this thread.   :)

iivydriff

How does this years Malvern Team compare to last years Malvern team? Is this years team better than last year?

scrapiron51

Y'all can call me an idiot, but I always state facts and my team will still be playing next Friday night.

hawgfan15

Quote from: iivydriff on November 20, 2014, 02:21:42 am
How does this years Malvern Team compare to last years Malvern team? Is this years team better than last year?

This years Malvern team is a lot more experienced. A very strong senior class

THE D.O.C

More discipline group this year, pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Skilled position players have more experience 

arkcrash

GAMEDAY!!  Safe travels to all the Malvern fans. 

Cfpr

Welcome, malvern. Drive safe and enjoy our town. Good luck and hope for injury-free on both sides

Spotty

31-6 Malvern. Complete domination through halftime. Malvern's starts the half with the ball.

AirWarren

Another north Arkansas team appears to be going out easy into the night.

Lionfan

Congrats to pea ridge on there season looked really flat coming out tonight malvern just to much to handle the bye week hurt pea ridge more than helped lost all momentum but again hats off to a great year see ya next yr

Cfpr

Malvern played well and a good team. Good luck rest of playoffs. If ya play every game like ya played tonight you will go to little rock.

prHOG13

Malvern's a talented team. Pea Ridge came out flat and couldn't establish the run game, and Malvern gave us a taste of our own medicine... a power run game right up the middle all night long. McCollum is a bowling ball and was getting 8 YPC, and they were ahead of the chains all night long.

Our DL struggled for 3/4 of the game to get penetration and our LB's and secondary really struggled to tackle in the open field. That was the first time we had fell behind by more than 7 all season long, and we didn't react well. There's not really an excuse for it, we just weren't prepared for them to pound it like that. A lot of potential breaks just didn't go Pea Ridge's way tonight. Hats off to Malvern for their performance, they're a very physical team.

Pea Ridge had their best regular season ever and that was the first 10-0 season in school history and the first conference championship since the early 90's IIRC. The program is definitely trending up. Going to probably take a step back next year, but I think in 2016 and 2017 there is potential to make a deeper run in the playoffs with some of the talent coming up.

It's always nice to see the Warren posters spreading their faggotry throughout multiple game threads with their South Arkansas is better than North Arkansas herp derping. It must be exhausting

STUNNA

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 21, 2014, 10:59:12 pm
Malvern's a talented team. Pea Ridge came out flat and couldn't establish the run game, and Malvern gave us a taste of our own medicine... a power run game right up the middle all night long. McCollum is a bowling ball and was getting 8 YPC, and they were ahead of the chains all night long.

Our DL struggled for 3/4 of the game to get penetration and our LB's and secondary really struggled to tackle in the open field. That was the first time we had fell behind by more than 7 all season long, and we didn't react well. There's not really an excuse for it, we just weren't prepared for them to pound it like that. A lot of potential breaks just didn't go Pea Ridge's way tonight. Hats off to Malvern for their performance, they're a very physical team.

Pea Ridge had their best regular season ever and that was the first 10-0 season in school history and the first conference championship since the early 90's IIRC. The program is definitely trending up. Going to probably take a step back next year, but I think in 2016 and 2017 there is potential to make a deeper run in the playoffs with some of the talent coming up.

It's always nice to see the Warren posters spreading their faggotry throughout multiple game threads with their South Arkansas is better than North Arkansas herp derping. It must be exhausting

Warren would have beat you down worse bud... Relax

iivydriff

Yep PR had a great season. Malvern is a solid team for sure. And i think Warren will get theirs before the playoffs are over.

prHOG13

Quote from: STUNNA on November 21, 2014, 11:09:49 pm

Warren would have beat you down worse bud... Relax
I don't play high school football

AirWarren

Relax man. Hit the log off button and don't be angry, you little B...

prHOG13

I'm just fine sweetheart. You seem a little rustled though pounding that quote button

THE D.O.C

November 22, 2014, 02:17:12 am #81 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:25:03 am by THE D.O.C
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 14, 2014, 11:38:51 pm
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 14, 2014, 11:11:00 pm
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 14, 2014, 10:57:20 pm
Slow start for Malvern tonight before getting things going. Didn't look as impressive as I thought they would. Going to be a very interesting matchup in this one. I think this will be a great game. Pea Ridge jumps out to an early lead and holds off on a comeback to hang on.

Pea Ridge by 8 (28-20) to move to 11-0
Don't be fooled, you didn't see the whole package. Coaching strategy
enjoy the drive up here sweetheart, because the drive home is going to be a long one

Take a guess on how the ride was on that big plush bus.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 21, 2014, 11:22:51 pm
I'm just fine sweetheart. You seem a little rustled though pounding that quote button

Don't cry.

prHOG13

I bet the drive was still a long one

THE D.O.C

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 22, 2014, 11:02:55 am
I bet the drive was still a long one
It really was LOL, I'm still tired.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas