• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Dardanelle

Started by Scooter2121, November 14, 2014, 10:21:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 09:58:40 am
I am telling y'all Dardanelle has not seen Hamburgs combination of speed and size. Hamburg has a chance to upset Dardanelle.

Have you seen Dardanelles combo of speed and size?  Once again, i know last year means nothing, but hamburg had all the speed and size that you could ever want.  They were big and soft though.  Have they increased their strength program any?

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:08:10 am
I am telling y'all Dardanelle has not seen Hamburgs combination of speed and size. Hamburg has a chance to upset Dardanelle.

Have you seen Dardanelles combo of speed and size?  Once again, i know last year means nothing, but hamburg had all the speed and size that you could ever want.  They were big and soft though.  Have they increased their strength program any?

Different coaching staff than last year. So I wouldn't use last years results at all.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 10:17:35 am

Different coaching staff than last year. So I wouldn't use last years results at all.

I know theirs a different coaching staff but overall strength doesnt happen over night.

hawgfan15

The biggest difference from last year to this year is the QB for Hamburg. Game changer when healthy

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:19:33 am

I know theirs a different coaching staff but overall strength doesnt happen over night.

I agree. Did Dardanelle get a lot faster from last year? Because they looked very slow last year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 10:24:57 am

I agree. Did Dardanelle get a lot faster from last year? Because they looked very slow last year.

Yes.  They are good sized with great speed.  They where extremely young last year. 

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:28:00 am

Yes.  They are good sized with great speed.  They where extremely young last year.

So one year older makes you a lot faster? Hamburg will be the fastest team they have seen all season and most likely the best they have seen up to this part of the season. That doesn't mean that they will win this game, but they do have a very solid chance with them being fully healthy

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 10:32:20 am

So one year older makes you a lot faster? Hamburg will be the fastest team they have seen all season and most likely the best they have seen up to this part of the season. That doesn't mean that they will win this game, but they do have a very solid chance with them being fully healthy

No one year doesnt make you a lot faster.  But they have a couple that can scoot.  Pure speed doesnt mean a win.  I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less how it ends up.  I just think as long as dardy keeps their head on straight that they will be hard to beat.  And I think theres a slim chance of them losing this week. 

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:34:39 am

No one year doesnt make you a lot faster.  But they have a couple that can scoot.  Pure speed doesnt mean a win.  I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less how it ends up.  I just think as long as dardy keeps their head on straight that they will be hard to beat.  And I think theres a slim chance of them losing this week.

2013 Boonville vs 2014 Dardanelle??

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 10:37:17 am

First off its Booneville!  Booneville.

STUNNA

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:39:40 am
Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2014, 10:37:17 am

First off its Booneville!  Booneville.

That's all I needed to hear

D-TOWN LIZARD

dude, he's from Booneville...wat else is he gonna say!!!! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on November 17, 2014, 10:48:51 am

Ha! I'm on your side though D-Town! 

D-TOWN LIZARD

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:51:32 am

Would you say that Dardanelle has a better passing game than Booneville last year? I realize Booneville didn't NEED to pass much, but I would think that Booneville's 2013 run attack was better but Dardanelle's passing game may be better...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2014, 10:56:29 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 17, 2014, 10:51:32 am

Would you say that Dardanelle has a better passing game than Booneville last year? I realize Booneville didn't NEED to pass much, but I would think that Booneville's 2013 run attack was better but Dardanelle's passing game may be better...

Last post on this as ya'll need to get back to arguing how yall are gonna stomp a mud hole in hamburg.  Yes there passing game is better because they use it more.  Booneville only passed when needed and it worked because everyone was always in the Box.  Had a few key passes in the Finals to get a first down. Thats the only game where it had to be completed.  All the rest where blowouts.

cdl

Hamburg had a tough section of schedule, sorta like the Hogs in the SEC West, LOL! On the road at Star City and Dollarway back to back weeks (and it took two trips to SC to secure that win), home for the Ashley County Bowl and a hard fought game versus Rival Crossett, then over to Warren in week #9. Came thru that stretch (2 & 2) bloodied and limping badly. Got the needed break hosting Dumas in the short week, but were not a 100% facing HWH! Good thing game was in Hamburg so the stress of traveling was avoided. Sloppy execution by the offense needed the D to keep them in the game. If healthy should be a great game at Dardanelle, need Trey Miller back and need to utilize every weapon in the offensive arsenal and not depend on Savage to do it all, will keep the Dardanelle D out of sync if that is done. The Hamburg D versus the Dardanelle O will be the key to who wins this game!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: cdl on November 17, 2014, 02:04:16 pm
Hamburg had a tough section of schedule, sorta like the Hogs in the SEC West, LOL! On the road at Star City and Dollarway back to back weeks (and it took two trips to SC to secure that win), home for the Ashley County Bowl and a hard fought game versus Rival Crossett, then over to Warren in week #9. Came thru that stretch (2 & 2) bloodied and limping badly. Got the needed break hosting Dumas in the short week, but were not a 100% facing HWH! Good thing game was in Hamburg so the stress of traveling was avoided. Sloppy execution by the offense needed the D to keep them in the game. If healthy should be a great game at Dardanelle, need Trey Miller back and need to utilize every weapon in the offensive arsenal and not depend on Savage to do it all, will keep the Dardanelle D out of sync if that is done. The Hamburg D versus the Dardanelle O will be the key to who wins this game!
Don't have no dog in this hunt, but I've seen Hamburg play and if they are all healthy then I wouldn't be worried about what happened at Boonville last year, not the same team, not the same coaches totally different offense with speed all over the field, as bad as you guys want to see the Lions of last year then your end for a rude awakenig I think... I predict a close game and Dardnelle will be tested, if they can come away with a decisive win then they will be a contender for the title.... Dardnelle 35-Hamburg 42.........Could go either way thou...         

Gray lizard

I really do not know much about Hamburg other that comparing current season games.  The South has more athletic players and speed is not the norm for this Dardanelle team.  They have the players to compete this year.  If a team is in the second round of the playoffs I figure they are a good team.  That being said I just think this is Dardanelle's year.  Could I be wrong Yes, but I think they have all the tools to march on toward a championship.  I was glad to see how they reacted to FL putting points on the board first in the last game.

I felt the same way about Bonneville last year. This team like Booneville last year just has a way of taking control of the game.  Heck I am no football wizard.  This is just what I want to see and have faith Dardanelle will continue on their success.  I know for sure this is the best team I have seen this year. A team full of players that line up and do their job every play.  When a team plays this way they will win games.  Then add in a few special players for a bonus and that is the makings of a championship team.

your name here

I no zero about Dardanelle, my observation of Hamburg this year that their defense can be stingy and are very aggressive, they play until the whistle blows on every play and sometimes a little after. they constantly try to strip the ball. Offensively they have playmakers at the skill positions and any one of them can take it to the house on any play, QB may not be the most accurate but WR will go get a lot of those.

Apache4Life

Im guessing you haven't seen Dardanelle play..

your name here

Nope, that would be the reason that I said I know zero about them. I have no dog in this so before you go on some rant about Dardanelle and how awesome they are, read also that my post was my observation on Hamburg. No predictions just observation.

Gray lizard

Quote from: your name here on November 17, 2014, 03:43:09 pm
I no zero about Dardanelle, my observation of Hamburg this year that their defense can be stingy and are very aggressive, they play until the whistle blows on every play and sometimes a little after. they constantly try to strip the ball. Offensively they have playmakers at the skill positions and any one of them can take it to the house on any play, QB may not be the most accurate but WR will go get a lot of those.

Sounds a lot like Dardanelle except the QB can deliver the pass and has several players that can take it to the house from the air or pass. The QB is just one of those players that will get to the first down marker no matter how far away it is.  Dardanelle has been very good at taking the ball away when passed against.  They have returned several INTs for TDs this year.
This sounds like the makings of a great game glad it is just a short drive from the house.

scrapiron51

Umm I haven't seen Hamburg play this season but I'll go out on a limb and say Hamburg is faster than Subiaco Academy. SUGARTOWN, why don't you go scout that game and report back to Scrapper Nation what you see, you know since you don't have your own playoff game to go watch.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 17, 2014, 08:07:19 pm
Umm I haven't seen Hamburg play this season but I'll go out on a limb and say Hamburg is faster than Subiaco Academy. SUGARTOWN, why don't you go scout that game and report back to Scrapper Nation what you see, you know since you don't have your own playoff game to go watch.
Nah, that's ok, I'll just be like you and give scouting reports on teams that I haven't seen.

your name here

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 17, 2014, 04:14:39 pm
Quote from: your name here on November 17, 2014, 03:43:09 pm

Sounds a lot like Dardanelle except the QB can deliver the pass and has several players that can take it to the house from the air or pass. The QB is just one of those players that will get to the first down marker no matter how far away it is.  Dardanelle has been very good at taking the ball away when passed against.  They have returned several INTs for TDs this year.
This sounds like the makings of a great game glad it is just a short drive from the house.
Sounds like our observations of each are about the same. Should be competitive game until the very end.

Eddie Goodson

Got a question. How does Dardanelle get by kicking visiting coaches out of pressbox in favor of a tv crew? Seems like an unfair advantage to me.

Lacerta agilis

That's news to me. No pun intended!

Cobra73

The Dardanelle refs are crap, everytime Fountain Lake made a good play the refs would call a flag, the calls were one sided all game, even when the Lizards made an obvious penalty, nothing was called, That game would have been a lot closer if they had good refs. My point being if Dardanelle's refs don't start making good calls, I don't think anyone will beat them on their field. Point prediction if bad calls are being made/ DARDANELLE (48) HAMBURG (21)
                                    IF The refs let the players decide the game/ DARDANELLE (35) HAMBURG (28)
Dardanelle is a good football team, but someone needs to send those refs packing.

WPWells

AAA assigned the refs. Your argument is invalid

The Coach

November 19, 2014, 11:58:08 am #80 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:59:53 am by The Coach
Quote from: Cobra73 on November 19, 2014, 11:52:48 am
The Dardanelle refs are crap, everytime Fountain Lake made a good play the refs would call a flag, the calls were one sided all game, even when the Lizards made an obvious penalty, nothing was called, That game would have been a lot closer if they had good refs. My point being if Dardanelle's refs don't start making good calls, I don't think anyone will beat them on their field. Point prediction if bad calls are being made/ DARDANELLE (48) HAMBURG (21)
Dardanelle is a good football team, but someone needs to send those refs packing.

LOL at this post!! Officials had ZERO to do with Ftn Lake getting Mercy Ruled.  The better team won and I do believe Dardanelle was the ones who had a TD called back on a very questionable call. The penalties were very even and to say otherwise is Sour grapes!! Dardanelle beats Ftn lake 10 out of 10 times.

D-TOWN LIZARD

:'(

LizardAlum10

young_gun

I must say that this Dardanelle team reminds me alot of the Stuttgart team that won it wall 2 years ago. Good running qb who throws any and every pass you need your qb to make and skill guys around him that can house at any time. Their defense is one of the best Ive seen in a while giving up less than 7 points per game while the offense is averaging over 49. Being from the south the past couple years I have witnessed Hamburg and their speed and size but I just don't think after the long drive they have enough to knock off the sand lizards. Just like with my first ever experience with the Lions of Hamburg in the 97 state championship I think they lose. They don't play very well with teams just as talented and physical as them.

Dardanelle 42
Hamburg 21

Cobra73

Quote from: The Coach on November 19, 2014, 11:58:08 am

LOL at this post!! Officials had ZERO to do with Ftn Lake getting Mercy Ruled.  The better team won and I do believe Dardanelle was the ones who had a TD called back on a very questionable call. The penalties were very even and to say otherwise is Sour grapes!! Dardanelle beats Ftn lake 10 out of 10 times.

Well I mean you must be blind lol i'm not saying Ft. Lake would have won, i'm just saying it would have been closer, Dardanelle was holding and facemasking all game long, and ft. lake had 3-4 40+ yard attempts called flags, lol I'm just stating the facts

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Cobra73 on November 19, 2014, 12:56:15 pm

Well I mean you must be blind lol i'm not saying Ft. Lake would have won, i'm just saying it would have been closer, Dardanelle was holding and facemasking all game long, and ft. lake had 3-4 40+ yard attempts called flags, lol I'm just stating the facts

You must have watched a different game, because I sure don't remember 3 or 4 40+ plays by Ft. Lake that were called back due to penalties. I only remeber one 40+ play in which Ft. Lake scored a touchdown.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Lacerta- I don't recall those long plays either.  And besides that....the game was 5 days ago, it took you that long to get fired up?  FL lost fair and square...suck it up and try again next year! :-*

Top Shelf

Scottie Pippen- 14
John Daley- 40

Top Shelf

chicken fry- 40
armadillo festival- 14

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 19, 2014, 01:28:15 pm
Scottie Pippen- 14
John Daley- 40

Beer chugging or smoking competition?

D-TOWN LIZARD

^^^  that's some funny stuff!!!!!  Lacerta...can we choose both???  ;D

polksalet

mastiff

Quote from: Cobra73 on November 19, 2014, 12:56:15 pm

My team had a bye last week so I was fortunate to be able to see this game. Your ignorance makes me laugh out loud (lol to you younger kids) Ft. lake was shut down all night and by my calculations, Dardanelle had more penalties called against them for just plain ole whipping the cobra players. SO, you are either the short fat #73 that was on the sideline that was too busy not playing to know what was going on in the brutal loss, or you are Coach Gilleran and just post on here to vent imaginary frustrations. Come on man, you ought to know that AAA refs are being assigned to ALL playoff games. The home team has NOTHING to do with it. Go back into your snake hole and wait for next year.

And the visiting coaches were in the press box until halftime when THEY decided to head down to the sideline. Guess they realized that their Cobras did not have any more venom.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

As cold as it was last Friday night, I seriously doubt if any ref made any calls that would somehow prolong any game. I have no clue what happened at the game being talked about, but I know the refs at the Warren/Gravette game could have called more on both teams but let them play because they wanted to keep the game moving in order to get out of the cold. Not saying the refs officiated poorly either, they were wanting to find a warmer place to be!

your name here

I was at neither game and even though the refs are assigned by the AAA, that doesn't mean they are good. Its the same pool of refs that call games every Friday night during the regular season.

kjjackson

Wonder why Hootens only has Dardanelle a 7 point favorite at home in the play-offs?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: kjjackson on November 19, 2014, 04:05:28 pm
Wonder why Hootens only has Dardanelle a 7 point favorite at home in the play-offs?
They only had them favored by 14 last week and we all saw how "accurate" that prediction was...

kjjackson

True, I had it 28 and that wasn't even close.

Bulldog92

Good luck Hamburg!!!  Safe travels to everyone!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 19, 2014, 01:28:15 pm
Scottie Pippen- 14
John Daley- 40

Scottie pippen aka world champion multiple times 28
John daly aka the drunken moron who thinks he is a country star 35

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas