• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Dardanelle

Started by Scooter2121, November 14, 2014, 10:21:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Cobra73 on November 19, 2014, 11:52:48 am
The Dardanelle refs are crap, everytime Fountain Lake made a good play the refs would call a flag, the calls were one sided all game, even when the Lizards made an obvious penalty, nothing was called, That game would have been a lot closer if they had good refs. My point being if Dardanelle's refs don't start making good calls, I don't think anyone will beat them on their field. Point prediction if bad calls are being made/ DARDANELLE (48) HAMBURG (21)
                                    IF The refs let the players decide the game/ DARDANELLE (35) HAMBURG (28)
Dardanelle is a good football team, but someone needs to send those refs packing.
never ever blame officials for a mercy rule.

your name here

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2014, 09:40:03 am
Quote from: Cobra73 on November 19, 2014, 11:52:48 am
The Dardanelle refs are crap, everytime Fountain Lake made a good play the refs would call a flag, the calls were one sided all game, even when the Lizards made an obvious penalty, nothing was called, That game would have been a lot closer if they had good refs. My point being if Dardanelle's refs don't start making good calls, I don't think anyone will beat them on their field. Point prediction if bad calls are being made/ DARDANELLE (48) HAMBURG (21)
                                    IF The refs let the players decide the game/ DARDANELLE (35) HAMBURG (28)
Dardanelle is a good football team, but someone needs to send those refs packing.
never ever blame officials for a mercy rule.
There were 7 missed calls that resulted in TD's or there were 7 calls made that brought TD's back.

-Mark-

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 19, 2014, 10:54:08 am
Got a question. How does Dardanelle get by kicking visiting coaches out of pressbox in favor of a tv crew? Seems like an unfair advantage to me.

In addition to this, I was very disappointed with the treatment of media by the Dardanelle staff. I can understand not allowing media in the press box due to space limitations, but there were visibly plenty of empty rooms in the press box for the entire duration of the game last Friday night--Dardanelle just didn't want anyone but their own in their press box on the coldest Friday night of the year.

While it is their right to do so, and I respect that, my crew and I were very disappointed by this decision, as we were also told that we could not broadcast from the home-side bleachers and had to go to the visiting side to call the game. Once we reached the visiting side, we learned that there are literally ZERO power outlets on the visiting side of the stadium. My crew gave a week's notice of our presence for the game and we expected better circumstances.

Dardanelle is easily the least media-friendly school I've ever been to. I wish the Sand Lizards football program the best of luck throughout the playoffs. Regarding the game, they were the better team and I have no sour grapes about the outcome of the game. Fountain Lake learned a lot this year and I believe the Cobras will use that experience to make a deeper run next season.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: -Mark- on November 20, 2014, 02:15:49 pm
Got a question. How does Dardanelle get by kicking visiting coaches out of pressbox in favor of a tv crew? Seems like an unfair advantage to me.

In addition to this, I was very disappointed with the treatment of media by the Dardanelle staff. I can understand not allowing media in the press box due to space limitations, but there were visibly plenty of empty rooms in the press box for the entire duration of the game last Friday night--Dardanelle just didn't want anyone but their own in their press box on the coldest Friday night of the year.

While it is their right to do so, and I respect that, my crew and I were very disappointed by this decision, as we were also told that we could not broadcast from the home-side bleachers and had to go to the visiting side to call the game. Once we reached the visiting side, we learned that there are literally ZERO power outlets on the visiting side of the stadium. My crew gave a week's notice of our presence for the game and we expected better circumstances.

Dardanelle is easily the least media-friendly school I've ever been to. I wish the Sand Lizards football program the best of luck throughout the playoffs. Regarding the game, they were the better team and I have no sour grapes about the outcome of the game. Fountain Lake learned a lot this year and I believe the Cobras will use that experience to make a deeper run next season.

Not to stir anything up but its always like that there.

SUGARTOWN

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Thankfully Stuttgart's never had to go there for a game, I would have made a scene if they would've tried to keep me out of the press box when there was plenty of room.

We go out of our way to accommodate visiting media in Stuttgart. We even provide food and drinks.

Eddie Goodson

I wasn't going to mention that but glad you did.

There is a thing called sowing and reaping and Dardanelle folks will quickly learn they will get treated the same by every school they face if they keep burning bridges.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 20, 2014, 03:25:01 pm #107 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:30:14 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
 no reason to treat our guests like that. And you are right, burnt bridges are hard to rebuild. 

Gray lizard

Sorry for the problems no way they should have done that.  I know how you got power because my son was the one who connected you to the concession stand power.  He said he felt really bad how it all went down.
You guys got kicked out so the regular potluck group could enjoy the game feast.  That is a big press box.

Eddie Goodson

I still would like to know why they feel it is acceptable to allow their coaches access to the press box and not allow the visiting coaches. I would love to know how they pull off that competitive advantage.

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 20, 2014, 03:32:10 pm #110 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:36:03 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
EG  me too, I have never heard of them doing that before, and its very disappointing, for what its worth, I apologize.

Lacerta agilis

I haven't heard about this, except here on FF. It wouldn't surprise me if media were denied access, but I would be very surprised if visiting coaches weren't allowed. I've been attending games at Keenan Field for years and have never heard of opposing coaches not being allowed in our press box.

The Coach

November 20, 2014, 04:14:52 pm #112 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:27:29 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 03:29:26 pm
I still would like to know why they feel it is acceptable to allow their coaches access to the press box and not allow the visiting coaches. I would love to know how they pull off that competitive advantage.

The visiting coaches have always been allowed in the press box when I've been there, and from what I could tell were in there again this past Friday. In fact they have the largest area in the press box on the west end. The visiting coaches are also allowed to eat the "potluck feast" or at least they have anytime I've been in there.  The Filmer's use the west balcony to film for the visiting team while the home filmer uses the east balcony to film. As far as media I have no idea about any of that.  I have never been in the media nor do I ever plan on being in the media. But, as far as coaches they are treated well and have never be told they had to leave the press box at any time unless they do so on their own.

cdl

Won't be a problem for anyone again in 2014 after Friday Night! Hopefully AAA will address these issues an take corrective action prior to the start of the 2015 playoffs. Only issue now is figuring out how much Sassy Jones BBQ Sauce (invented by Hamburgs #76 Family) will it take to make Red Iguana Tail Meat taste fittin' to eat after the Lions finish Smokin' it Friday night!!!  :D

SandRattler

I was in Dardanelle Press Box and the coaches from Fountain Lake were in the press box! It looked to me there was either 4 coaches or 2 coaches and 2 radio guys! There was not any empty rooms in press box! People get your facts straight!

Gray lizard

Sandratler
Lets get to the bottom of this.  Just how many boxes are there (I know there are several windows)?  I know that the radio guys had to broadcast from the guest stands.

4aforlife

phdefense

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 03:21:54 pm

I wasn't going to mention that but glad you did.

There is a thing called sowing and reaping and Dardanelle folks will quickly learn they will get treated the same by every school they face if they keep burning bridges.
If you want to get their attention. Don't let their band march trust me it will matter to them.

SandRattler

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 20, 2014, 05:05:04 pm
Sandratler
Lets get to the bottom of this.  Just how many boxes are there (I know there are several windows)?  I know that the radio guys had to broadcast from the guest stands.
There are 6 separate areas in the press box. All are in use every week. I am not sure what you are looking for or what you want. Like I said before Fountain Lake Coaches were in the Press Box. Dardanelle always makes room for visiting coaches.

SUGARTOWN

Good call ph, that would be hilarious. "Sorry you brought your band down here guys, they'll just have play from the visiting stands like you make our radio crew do..."

Eddie Goodson

I am not talking about last week. I am talking about what is being said for this week.

SandRattler

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 09:09:14 pm
I am not talking about last week. I am talking about what is being said for this week.
Eddie Goodson I am not sure where you are getting your info. Visiting coaches always have a spot in the press box and they will again this week. This is whole subject is ridicules!

cdl

I read the email no band at half, no coaches or media in PB. Dardanelle band gets 16 minutes of a 20 minute half

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: cdl on November 20, 2014, 09:26:20 pm
I read the email no band at half, no coaches or media in PB. Dardanelle band gets 16 minutes of a 20 minute half

REALLY. Who sent this email from Dardanelle and who was it sent to??

Eddie Goodson

Thank you cdl. It is true and it is garbage. It is bush league.

The Coach

Visiting coaches will be in the press box in this game just like every other game. They've never been told they couldn't be.

cdl

No spirit lines on infield either AD to AD

D-TOWN LIZARD

The Coach

November 20, 2014, 09:41:23 pm #128 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:43:02 pm by The Coach
Hamburg will have coaches in the PB if they want. No doubt about it.

As far as the spirit lines etc I'm pretty sure the AAA said not in the playoffs

SandRattler

Quote from: cdl on November 20, 2014, 09:34:44 pm
No spirit lines on infield either AD to AD
We were told last week no spirit line or setting on track was a AAA rule. However I am sure its because Dardanelle hates Spirit Lines and puppies!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The Coach on November 20, 2014, 09:33:58 pm
Visiting coaches will be in the press box in this game just like every other game. They've never been told they couldn't be.
Yes they were.

Doesn't mean they won't be but they were told that.

The Coach

November 20, 2014, 09:45:27 pm #131 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:47:47 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 09:43:05 pm
Quote from: The Coach on November 20, 2014, 09:33:58 pm
Yes they were.

Doesn't mean they won't be but they were told that.

they have never told the visiting coaches they couldn't go in the PB.

If the email did in fact say coaches I'm willing to bet ANY amount of money it was a mistake.

Lacerta agilis

I've never seen visiting coaches denied access to PB or visiting bands denied marching at halftime at Dardanelle. Sounds like fabricated BS to me, maybe to stir up the fan base. Anyway, I hope all the Hamburg fans traveling here have a safe trip to visit us heathens in Dardanelle.

Superjack45

Y'all better get your mind right and be ready to cheer these Lions on in the 8 4a. I am wishing you all good luck on your game tomorrow and I hope you all will make it to the next round. Travel safe to Dardanelle and May God be with you as you travel up and down the Highways. Let's go Lions you can do this, time to show them what the 4A 8 is all about.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 20, 2014, 09:50:13 pm
I've never seen visiting coaches denied access to PB or visiting bands denied marching at halftime at Dardanelle. Sounds like fabricated BS to me, maybe to stir up the fan base. Anyway, I hope all the Hamburg fans traveling here have a safe trip to visit us heathens in Dardanelle.
It is not fabricated. Frankly, I could care less if Dardanelles drives Hamburg like a fence post.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lacarta,  some of it is true.  Booneville has been coming there for years.  It's never been a big deal because the lizards usually lose and don't host many playoff games!

Bulldog92

Good luck Hamburg show the Lizards what y'all are made of!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 20, 2014, 10:07:08 pm
Good luck Hamburg show the Lizards what y'all are made of!!!!
boy that was unique

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2014, 10:06:22 pm
Lacarta,  some of it is true.  Booneville has been coming there for years.  It's never been a big deal because the lizards usually lose and don't host many playoff games!

I wouldn't doubt what you say about your radio guys not having a spot in the PB, but coaches? Did we not allow Booneville coaches in the PB? And I've never seen us deny ANY band to perform.

SandRattler

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 20, 2014, 10:11:28 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2014, 10:06:22 pm

I wouldn't doubt what you say about your radio guys not having a spot in the PB, but coaches? Did we not allow Booneville coaches in the PB? And I've never seen us deny ANY band to perform.
The band was not denied the chance to march! They chose not to march at half time. So its obvious cdl facts are actually not correct!

D-TOWN LIZARD

The FL radio guys were told in this same infamous email that they would have to set up in the visitors stands.  No one kicked them out of the PB ... Now if they didn't get the memo from their AD, has nothing to do with us.  So if hamburg received the same email, which apparently they did,  their radio people will also be setting up in the visitors stands.  But your coaches will have a cozy little spot in the PB all to themselves, just like FL coaches did.  We take pride in our band program so why would we tell a band that they couldn't play!  That's just jibberish and you know nothing.  Just trying to get that crap stick a stirring.  Go stir somewhere else

mossflyer

Eat before the game. It's called a "press" box...not a "restaurant" box. It's not like a radio crew takes up a lot of space. Not allowing a radio crew to set up in a PRESS box because your people have to eat is one of the craziest things I've heard.

OLDSCHOOL82

And they dont give the visitors salt or butter on their popcorn!  Hot sodas on purpose.  And tiny little pickles.  It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!! 

Jk.  In all reality none of the pressbox stuff is that big a deal.  It's just something new to argue cause no one can make a good case on how anyone will beat Dardy!

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 21, 2014, 07:06:56 am #144 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:28:02 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
I agree Oldschool....we want to play some football....sorry our first priority isn't the feelings of a bunch of grown men.  GET OVER IT!!!! 

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 09:57:14 pm
It is not fabricated. Frankly, I could care less if Dardanelles drives Hamburg like a fence post.
Good Luck Hamburg and safe travels, and as for you Eddie Goodson way to support the 8-4A your hatred for Hamburg is noted. I hope they curb stomp Crossett for the next 25 years just like they did this year because I know they Jacks are going to now go eat some more sour grapes!

WalterWhite

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 21, 2014, 07:26:17 am
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 20, 2014, 09:57:14 pm
Good Luck Hamburg and safe travels, and as for you Eddie Goodson way to support the 8-4A your hatred for Hamburg is noted. I hope they curb stomp Crossett for the next 25 years just like they did this year because I know they Jacks are going to now go eat some more sour grapes!
they play foorball in crossett? They 2a or 3a?

Gray lizard

Quote from: SandRattler on November 20, 2014, 08:09:44 pm
Sandratler
There are 6 separate areas in the press box. All are in use every week. I am not sure what you are looking for or what you want. Like I said before Fountain Lake Coaches were in the Press Box. Dardanelle always makes room for visiting coaches.

Six boxes one for the game operation(clock operation and announcer, one for home coaches, one for guest coaches, and one for home radio.  That leaves two other boxes who is using those?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 21, 2014, 07:50:04 am
Sandratler

Six boxes one for the game operation(clock operation and announcer, one for home coaches, one for guest coaches, and one for home radio.  That leaves two other boxes who is using those?
Exactly. Visiting radio should be next on the pecking order.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 21, 2014, 07:50:04 am
Sandratler

Three guesses for all the Press Box situational problems both past and present!  And, the first two don't count!!

;D  Sand Lizard Athletic Director   ;D[/color][/b]

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas