• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pg @ Nadhville

Started by polksalet, November 14, 2014, 09:36:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

Payback for 2012 or another defeat from a Washington county team?

AirWarren

beach bum

I will be the first to call the upset... PG 35 Nashville 27.

hawgfan15

LOL

I am looking forward to next Friday night

beach bum

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 14, 2014, 09:41:24 pm
LOL

You may beat PG but you guys are worried after seeing the Dardanelle drubbing of a team you couldn't even beat.

hawgfan15

November 14, 2014, 09:49:09 pm #5 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:46:56 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: beach bum on November 14, 2014, 09:44:04 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 14, 2014, 09:41:24 pm
LOL

You may beat PG but you guys are worried after seeing the Dardanelle drubbing of a team you couldn't even beat.

Actually I am not worried about anything. Dardanelle has a very good team but so does Nashville. They have to come to Nashville and I can count on two hands how many times we have lost at home in the playoffs. It will be a great game though.

But let's not take anything away from next weeks game. I have a lot of respect for PG and how they play. I am glad to have a quality team coming to town next Friday.

polksalet

hawgfan15

WalterWhite

I've read this page as a guest for a long time, and only recently decided to post. What im about to say I feal quite confident is the case for most all teams posters. It seems many tend to decide a teams attitude or outlook or anything else based upon the posters on this board. That being said, I have very close ties with nashville and I'd be more than willing to bet that coach dawson, his coaching staff, his players, and most common sense fans are not looking beyond next weeks game whatsoever. Now if you decide to come to the assumption that indeed they are, based on what you read and see on fearless friday, then that is most certainly your porogative.  However its a foolish thought.

scrapiron51

Nashville will not overlook a team that crushed their state title hopes 2 years ago.

hawgfan15

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 14, 2014, 10:55:27 pm
Nashville will not overlook a team that crushed their state title hopes 2 years ago.

One reason that I am glad we play PG. The seniors were on that team and I know Dawson hasn't forgot.

scrapiron51

You're right, I doubt they forget what happened at PG 2 years ago!

WalterWhite

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 14, 2014, 11:03:36 pm
You're right, I doubt they forget what happened at PG 2 years ago!
Coldest Scrapper game I've ever attended. They played music in between plays which seemed weird.......not like music from their band, but like hip hop music if I remember correctly. Prob had little to no bearing on the game itself but as a spectator it was just strange to witness. I personally am hoping for a all together different outcome than that game.

scrapiron51

Me too Walter, I was also in attendance for that and it was very very cold! Hopefully we will see a different outcome Friday!

scrapiron51

Can any PG posters give an update on Bobby Catt?

polksalet

Scrappcheerdad

Nadville wins this game. The seniors and Dawson remember the loss but we lost going for a two point conversion for the the win.

TIGER101

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 14, 2014, 11:43:23 pm
Can any PG posters give an update on Bobby Catt?

50/50 at best.  Same ankle he hurt earlier in the year.  Even if he plays I don't see him being anywhere close to full speed.

TIGER101

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 14, 2014, 10:57:13 pm

One reason that I am glad we play PG. The seniors were on that team and I know Dawson hasn't forgot.

Hawgfan15 at the end of the day the game 2 years ago will have no bering on the outcome of this game.  The only player who played for PG in that game was Catt, and both teams are completely different than 2 years ago.   

What is the biggest difference in Nash this year from 2012?

hawgfan15

November 15, 2014, 11:07:42 am #19 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:09:44 am by hawgfan15
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 15, 2014, 10:04:07 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 14, 2014, 10:57:13 pm

Hawgfan15 at the end of the day the game 2 years ago will have no bering on the outcome of this game.  The only player who played for PG in that game was Catt, and both teams are completely different than 2 years ago.   

What is the biggest difference in Nash this year from 2012?

X's and O's you are right but best believe the game in 2012 is motivation to come out and perform at our best. No chance of us overlooking PG.

The big difference is the line play. Our offensive line and especially our defensive line are a lot better and we have more depth on the lines.

TIGER101

Either way it's going to be tuff for PG now with several injuries that happened against Lonoke.  Could be as many as 3 key starters not available.  That's where a bye is so valuable. 

hawgfan15

Both starting CB's are banged up?

TIGER101

hawgfan15

That is rough! Lopez and Faulk were impressive in the run game. Soehner is a big kid and a nightmare matchup.

beach bum

Not trying to be a Debby Downer but without Bobby PG can't win this game. Loved watching that kid play. Plus any others banged up is bad too. I hear the secondary has been an issue already so that is not a good deal if both CB's are out.

cuckoobird

Dont worry beachbum. Nashville still cant stop the wing t and i know you guys run it better than fl. Pg can win if they get a couple turnovers

scrapiron51

Nashville can and will stop the Wing T. Stuttgart can't stop any offense by the sounds of it

beach bum

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 15, 2014, 08:27:48 pm
Nashville can and will stop the Wing T. Stuttgart can't stop any offense by the sounds of it

If PG was healthy they would have rang up 50 on you.... You can't stop the Wing T.  ;D

Tigerdad2

I hope you line up  on D the exact same way you did in 2012, PG will score 50. Nashville has no clue on how to defend the Wing-T

southernboy

hawgfan15

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 15, 2014, 10:09:11 pm
I hope you line up  on D the exact same way you did in 2012, PG will score 50. Nashville has no clue on how to defend the Wing-T

Please come back on here Friday night and let us know if Nashville figured out how to stop the Wing T.

The difference this year will be who we line up not how we line up. Enjoy the drive

Mulerider

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 15, 2014, 10:09:11 pm

Revisionist history, perhaps?  I was at the 2012 PG vs Nashville game and the only success PG had for most of the game was 3 perfect over the top, long passes for scores.  The Tigers relied on the Warren heave and hope offense to keep them in the game early and then eventually wore Nashville down to come from behind to win in the 4th quarter.  The idea that PG lined up and ran it all night long is completely false.  PG didn't have much luck running the ball until late in the game.  It took the best PG team ever, at home, to knock off a multiple loss Scrapper team.  Good luck Friday night.

Tigerdad2

In 2012 and today, Pg does not have one kid who could start for Nashville and still find ways to beat you

beach bum

PG ran for 285 on Nashville 2 years ago. Id say thats pretty good. Maybe that set up the TDs over the top... 285 and one week later only 52 yds rushing at Stuttgart. PG DID run on Nashville. If Catt and others were healthy they would go for 250 plus again on Nashville. Even Lincoln ran on Nashville, come on Lincoln...    :D

beach bum

You dont get lucky and go for 285 on the ground...

hawgfan15

beach bum

If Catts healthy to give PG 3 backs Nashville would lose again.

hawgfan15

Quote from: beach bum on November 16, 2014, 12:04:47 am
If Catts healthy to give PG 3 backs Nashville would lose again.

Would, should, could... we will see Friday night. No excuses

mtindian42

USA TODAY SCORE PREDICTOR. NV 40 PG 21.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2014, 11:56:07 pm
You dont get lucky and go for 285 on the ground...

They might of ran the ball but the fact remains they did get lucky if we don't fumble the two point conversion try you lose. You can keep talking all you want this team is WAY better then that team and you are in for a long night. Nadville by at least three TDs.

coach jackson

This isn't 2012 anymore why don't we start talking about 2014 teams and stop looking back and talking about how pg "got lucky" 2 years ago

Scrap_Train

You better believe the Scrappers still have 2012 on their mind. The seniors on this team will want revenge. No way PG goes into Nashville and defeats the Scrappers in 2014. They will be ready for the Wing T. This team is highly motivated.

scrapiron51

PG, basketball season will start next week for y'all. This whole state does not know how good Nashville really is. Y'all keep telling yourselves that we can't stop the Wing T, because y'all are trying to cling on to any hope you have left. Nashville by 4 TD's

Oldbadger

Don't have a dog in this fight, but, info is just based on last years experience as a Lincoln supporter.  PG and Booneville probably, IMO, run the wing T better than any teams I have seen, and it is very difficult to stop.  It does require individuals who have run in constantly over the years.  PG and Booneville fit that category.  If Catt can't play, a piece of the weapon is missing, so PG has a problem.  As far as Nashville is concerned, when they lost to Lincoln last year, they were young and inexperienced.  Lincoln was heavy with seniors and so took advantage of the young scrappers.  I predicted that this year they would be good.  And they are.  So will be a good game and won't attempt to call it.  Can't be there because I have to support Benton now that my grandson is there.  Good luck to both teams!

WalterWhite

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:08:11 am
PG, basketball season will start next week for y'all. This whole state does not know how good Nashville really is. Y'all keep telling yourselves that we can't stop the Wing T, because y'all are trying to cling on to any hope you have left. Nashville by 4 TD's
They know how good the scraps are, they just refuse to admit it. Rarely will you see the scrappers get much love on this board. Lol keep in mind their basing their argument on a game played 2 years ago. And the one and only game we fell asleep at the wheel on this year. And the haters making the argument are either out of  the playoffs, or got it handed to them by the scrappers this year.

WalterWhite

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2014, 08:44:12 pm

If PG was healthy they would have rang up 50 on you.... You can't stop the Wing T.  ;D
I honestly dont know the answer to what im about to ask, so it's not a loaded question. But when was the last time anybody hung 50 on Nashville?

coach jackson

Quote from: WalterWhite on November 16, 2014, 11:42:40 am
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 16, 2014, 11:08:11 am
They know how good the scraps are, they just refuse to admit it. Rarely will you see the scrappers get much love on this board. Lol keep in mind their basing their argument on a game played 2 years ago. And the one and only game we fell asleep at the wheel on this year. And the haters making the argument are either out of  the playoffs, or got it handed to them by the scrappers this year.
the only people talking about the game 2 years ago are Nashville fans

hawgfan15

Quote from: WalterWhite on November 16, 2014, 11:50:56 am
Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2014, 08:44:12 pm

I honestly dont know the answer to what im about to ask, so it's not a loaded question. But when was the last time anybody hung 50 on Nashville?

Malvern last year

WalterWhite

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2014, 11:53:13 pm
PG ran for 285 on Nashville 2 years ago. Id say thats pretty good. Maybe that set up the TDs over the top... 285 and one week later only 52 yds rushing at Stuttgart. PG DID run on Nashville. If Catt and others were healthy they would go for 250 plus again on Nashville. Even Lincoln ran on Nashville, come on Lincoln...    :D
Coach jackson your wrong on it only being nashville posters.

coach jackson

Quote from: WalterWhite on November 16, 2014, 12:07:20 pm
Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2014, 11:53:13 pm
Coach jackson your wrong on it only being nashville posters
alright alright you got me there but there are also a lot of Nashville fans bringing it up as well

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas