• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

when dardanelle goes out

Started by Bigbossman, November 08, 2014, 01:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 09, 2014, 07:53:45 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 09, 2014, 07:21:39 pm
LJ06, I was not being sarcastic. Nashville is a better team than Dard, but the FL game was no indication of our potential. The reason Dard will mercy rule FL is because Dard is a very good team and they are well prepared for the wing T because they've played against it 3 times this year. Dard will also come out with something to prove and spank the inferior Cobras. Remember ScrapIron said that;)
I'm not convinced that the experience of facing a similar offense will help that much. Parker Ross has been hard for every team to slow down this year and will more than likely be the best back that Dardanelle will have faced so far. Mix in the other back that's got some speed and an effective play action scheme and Ftn. Lake can give Dardanelle some trouble. I've heard that FL should be fully healthy for the first time in a few weeks. The key is whether FL can stop Dardanelle's offense, if they can then look for a possible upset. I expect it to be high scoring and closer than expected.

Agreed. 

scrapiron51

I just think that if Malvern can come close to Mercy Ruling Ft Lake, then Dardenelle can.

scrapiron51

I truly believe 7-4a is the toughest conference and that Nashville is one of the best if not the best team in the state, when they're having a good night. With that being said, if Dardenelle and Nashville play, and Nashville overlooks Dardenelle, Dard will kick our teeth in. Dardenelle is a good team, but when Nashville plays at their best, I don't think any team can beat them.

Dragline

Have they (Nashville) played a complete game yet? They seem wildly inconsistent from half to half or at least they don't seem to play many second halves.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 09, 2014, 07:30:51 pm
I love how y'all always single out Nashville posters. I'm sorry that none of y'all can experience what it's like to have a completely dominant football history and be successful year in and year out.

You'd better not start talking about your "history", people on here without any will get upset (at least they do when I bring it up).

And btw, your "completely dominant football history" includes exactly ONE playoff win the last 2 years. lol

scrapiron51

And yours includes 0 playoff appearances in the last two years. Try Again.

hawgfan15

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:20:11 am

They did make it last year but lost in the 1st round

scrapiron51

My mistake, I guess they're in the same boat as Nashville then except we are the #1 seed and they didn't make the playoffs this year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:34:34 am
My mistake, I guess they're in the same boat as Nashville then except we are the #1 seed and they didn't make the playoffs this year.

Correct

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:20:11 am
Wrong.

SUGARTOWN

I was talking about the 2012 and 2013 seasons. Your school has ONE playoff win in that time frame, Stuttgart has 4 and a title.

But you are correct we didn't make it this year.

APACHE

~WPS~

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 10:44:36 am
I was talking about the 2012 and 2013 seasons. Your school has ONE playoff win in that time frame, Stuttgart has 4 and a title.

Wrong

scrapiron51

Yes Nashville is 2-2 in the last two years.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:47:29 am
Yes Nashville is 2-2 in the last two years.
I stand corrected. That's some real football dominance right there! lol

scrapiron51

Well we have been to the playoffs every year since 1990 and have 4 state championships since then and lead 4a in total wins.. I'd say that's pretty dominant. Another claim to fame is Stuttfart is scared to play us.

~WPS~

And the argument begins again. I'm staying out of this one. Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:52:26 am
Well we have been to the playoffs every year since 1990 and have 4 state championships since then and lead 4a in total wins.. I'd say that's pretty dominant. Another claim to fame is Stuttfart is scared to play us.
You have any facts to back that up?

scrapiron51

Nashville is 38 in the country in total wins, #3 in Arkansas behind Pine Bluff and Central. Here is your link.
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=8516dcd3-cf7f-4cb4-9e9e-9b0e19942fcf

scrapiron51

I guess if I'm going to post on this thread I might as well answer the question, Dardanelle exits the playoffs round 3 in a close game with Nashville.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 11:00:46 am
Nashville is 38 in the country in total wins, #3 in Arkansas behind Pine Bluff and Central. Here is your link.
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=8516dcd3-cf7f-4cb4-9e9e-9b0e19942fcf
Yes,we all know that. Just like everybody on here knows you have 4 titles and Stuttgart has 7...

My question remains,do you have any facts to back up your claim that Stuttgart is "scared" to play Nashville?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 10, 2014, 10:56:02 am
And the argument begins again. I'm staying out of this one. Lol
Sorry man, but every time a new Nashville poster comes aboard they always seem confused about a few things.  :)

hawgfan15

Really all that matters is Nashville is 9-1 with a 1 seed in the playoffs. Stuttgart is 4-6 and not in the playoffs. There is some recent success for you. Go ahead and take your meaningless posts here

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=137948.0

scrapiron51

I've been on board since this summer and have been reading for the past couple of years. I have just now started posting because I have waited and have formed an educated opinion over this season. Nashville has five titles by the way, we have one from back in the 60's

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 10, 2014, 11:13:36 am

Really all that matters is Nashville is 9-1 with a 1 seed in the playoffs. Stuttgart is 4-6 and not in the playoffs. There is some recent success for you. Go ahead and take your meaningless posts here

I will just leave this here.

FBfan79

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 10:07:30 am
I just think that if Malvern can come close to Mercy Ruling Ft Lake, then Dardenelle can.

It's possible.. But I'm hoping the coaching staff will have the defense a little more prepared.  How good is the Dardanelle Oline?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 11:13:51 am
I've been on board since this summer and have been reading for the past couple of years. I have just now started posting because I have waited and have formed an educated opinion over this season. Nashville has five titles by the way, we have one from back in the 60's
No, you don't. According to the AAA you have four.

phdefense

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 11:13:51 am
Not according AAA. We have heard all about Nashville's "paper championships". This argument has been done several times on here and Nashville loses it every time.

SUGARTOWN

And you can keep talking about basketball all you want guys, I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay right here to keep you on your toes and point out when you don't know what you're talking about (which is often for some).

And yes, I'm aware that the Ricebirds aren't in the playoffs, so there's no need to keep bringing it up in a sad attempt to make me mad, it ain't working.

scrapiron51

Well does the AAA argue are win total? I believe wins determine success in football. You have a valid point about you having more titles, but the truth is you are and never will be as consistent as Nashville. We are good every year, and if you argue that you will have to bring up something besides last years first round exit, because we were still good last year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 11:56:23 am
Well does the AAA argue are win total? I believe wins determine success in football. You have a valid point about you having more titles, but the truth is you are and never will be as consistent as Nashville. We are good every year, and if you argue that you will have to bring up something besides last years first round exit, because we were still good last year.
Eh...6-5 last year and 6-7 in 2011. I guess 6 wins means "good" in your eyes. Lol

Rock on.

phdefense

That depends how you define consistent. Nashville won all their titles in an eleven year span under two coaches. Stuttgart has won 7 titles in 6 different decades under 4 different coaches. For some programs a good class or a good coach will some through, but Stuttgart has proven to be a great program: winning titles with multiple coaches. Nashville can win this argument with most teams in the 4A, you however are foolishly picking an argument with one of the ones you can't.

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 12:05:07 pm
Eh...6-5 last year and 6-7 in 2011. I guess 6 wins means "good" in your eyes. Lol

Rock on.

Stuttgart has had losing seasons 3 of the past 5 years. Only 1 10+ win season in that time. 4-7 and 4-6 the past two years. I guess 2 winning seasons in the last 5 means "good" in your eyes Lol

Rock on

scrapiron51

I'm not saying Stuttgart is a bad program, they are a good program, just not as good as Nashville.

phdefense

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 12:15:01 pm
I'm not saying Stuttgart is a bad program, they are a good program, just not as good as Nashville.
I agree they are not as good as Nashville, they are better.

SUGARTOWN

PH, I think it's actually 5 coaches with titles at Stuttgart. Max Graham, Ned Moseley, George Burke, Bolding and Elmore.

scrapiron51

Name some more seasons in the past 10 or so years where we have won just 6 games. Nashville wins, that's what we do and that's who we are.

scrapiron51

And at least we have a chance at winning another state title this year.

WPWells

Glad this thread is about Dardanelle

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 12:17:56 pm
Name some more seasons in the past 10 or so years where we have won just 6 games. Nashville wins, that's what we do and that's who we are.
Ok. In 2003 you had 4 wins.

Just pointing out that you're not good EVERY year like you said.

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 12:20:54 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 10, 2014, 12:17:56 pm
Ok. In 2003 you had 4 wins.

Just pointing out that you're not good EVERY year like you said.

Wrong

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 10, 2014, 12:14:45 pm

Rock on.

Stuttgart has had losing seasons 3 of the past 5 years. Only 1 10+ win season in that time. 4-7 and 4-6 the past two years. I guess 2 winning seasons in the last 5 means "good" in your eyes Lol

Rock on
Show me where I said Stuttgart is good every year??

I'll wait while you look...

hawgfan15

Nashville was 6-6 in 2003 with a playoff win at Warren

redeye819

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 10, 2014, 12:24:14 pm

Rock on.

Rock on

Lol so then you agree that Stuttgart isn't consistently a top program? Once or twice a decade.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 10, 2014, 12:19:20 pm
Glad this thread is about Dardanelle
This thread was never really about Dardanelle. It was started by a Nashville troll.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 10, 2014, 12:28:20 pm

Rock on.

Rock on

Lol so then you agree that Stuttgart isn't consistently a top program? Once or twice a decade.
Sure if you can agree that Nashville was a top program for just a decade 1996 - 2007. Lots of wins can just mean you were in a weak conference and pummeled the same weak teams in non conference every year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Nice thread!!  Dardy fans, just remember that in most peoples eyes the 7 and the 8 are always the best in football!  It was the same way last year until the booneville/dollarway game was played.  Then everyone said... well... wait a minute!  Beat ft lake by a wide margin and it will silence some.  Beat Hamburg handidly and more will silence.  Beat Nashville by any amount and it will quiet the rest.  Unless they find something to blame the loss on!!

hawgfan15

Quote from: phdefense on November 10, 2014, 12:31:28 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 10, 2014, 12:28:20 pm

Rock on.

Rock on

Sure if you can agree that Nashville was a top program for just a decade 1996 - 2007. Lots of wins can just mean you were in a weak conference and pummeled the same weak teams in non conference every year.

Actually we were pretty good through 2012 with consecutive quarterfinal appearances in that time. Last year wasn't very good (still made the playoffs) but now this year we are 9-1 and are still playing. If we ever fall off like back to back losing seasons you might could use that argument then. If you think Nashville has been in week conferences during this stretch you might want to do some research.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas