• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Murfreesboro Coach going to Alma and replaced by Supt's son-in-law

Started by paraloma, April 12, 2017, 11:38:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

paraloma

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Murfreesboro Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Jeff Jones has resigned. Jones will be moving to Alma.</p>&mdash; Nashville NewsLeader (@NNewsLeader) <a href="https://twitter.com/NNewsLeader/status/851950294841917441">April 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"; charset="utf-8"></script>

gameoflife

Jimbo Morphis

we_hate_the_band

LionX2

gameoflife

Is he moving to Alma to coach or to watch his son coach.

stuck in between

Could certainly shake things up in 7-2A West. I have Murfreesboro and Foreman battling it out for the #2 spot. I would think this would be a fairly attractive job. Good location and talent pool, consistent winning seasons, higher than average student enrollment for a 2-A school, and according to the schools website it the pay isn't too bad either. With Spring drills just around the corner will they hire within to try and keep some continuity? Seems like what they have been doing has been working for them.   

Katdaddy

Superintendent son in law will get this job. I believe he is the OC for the Rattlers now.

AirItOut21

Quote from: Katdaddy on April 13, 2017, 08:02:49 am
Superintendent son in law will get this job. I believe he is the OC for the Rattlers now.

He played QB for the Rattlers from '05-'07. He would be a great choice.

Tubz

The superintendent has another son in law at Farmington as well. Also The DC at Mt Ida parents live in Murfreesboro. His dad helps coach baseball. But Jeff Jones use to call the plays at Murfreesboro.......the past two seasons Marc McRae has been the play caller. He's also the head baseball coach. Not sure if he would want to do both. All three of these guys would be great. Very young choices.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Tubz on April 15, 2017, 04:52:03 am
The superintendent has another son in law at Farmington as well. Also The DC at Mt Ida parents live in Murfreesboro. His dad helps coach baseball. But Jeff Jones use to call the plays at Murfreesboro.......the past two seasons Marc McRae has been the play caller. He's also the head baseball coach. Not sure if he would want to do both. All three of these guys would be great. Very young choices.

Didn't but the D.C. at mount Ida take a job at Ouachita baptist.

Tubz

jonesmiller

M.I. D

Tubz

Anymore names being thrown around for this position? Some of the community wants them to go with Steve Martin if they hire with in. No word on if he wants it.

BigBob

Murf brings back a pretty good crop of players this season, right?

tacklethis...

Quote from: Tubz on April 18, 2017, 02:33:57 am
Anymore names being thrown around for this position? Some of the community wants them to go with Steve Martin if they hire with in. No word on if he wants it.

This would be great for the rest of the district...

hoggystyle

April 19, 2017, 04:25:21 pm #17 Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:54:58 pm by hoggystyle
I heard thru the grapevine that Coach Bennett is the frontrunner if the money is right, and they give him free passes to the Diamond Mine.

tacklethis...

Quote from: hoggystyle on April 19, 2017, 04:25:21 pm
I heard that the grapevine that Coach Bennett is the frontrunner if the money is right, and they give him free passes to the Diamond Mine.

Mineral will be upset...

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 19, 2017, 04:32:28 pm
Mineral will be upset...
Yes very upset. But on the bright side of it we have Coach Perrin waiting in the wings.

tacklethis...

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on April 19, 2017, 08:53:18 pm
Yes very upset. But on the bright side of it we have Coach Perrin waiting in the wings.

The Outlaws do have a backup plan if so...

Katdaddy

Surely this is a joke right!! Would Bennett do that to Mineral???? You

tacklethis...

Quote from: Katdaddy on April 19, 2017, 09:14:57 pm
Surely this is a joke right!! Would Bennett do that to Mineral???? You

He was one and done at Horatio and he also accepted the job at Dierks for about 2 days in 1994. Then went back to Mboro to continue as DC. Now answer your own question...

Katdaddy

I obviously knew about him being 1 and done at Horatio since that happened this year. However, I did not know about him accepting a job at Dierks in 1994 and then returning back to Murfreesboro 2 days later. After reading that I can say that yes I could see Bennett doing that to Mineral.

southarkdaddy

I think the Murfreesboro fellows are doing a lot of joking around right now

tacklethis...

Quote from: Katdaddy on April 20, 2017, 06:37:49 am
I obviously knew about him being 1 and done at Horatio since that happened this year. However, I did not know about him accepting a job at Dierks in 1994 and then returning back to Murfreesboro 2 days later. After reading that I can say that yes I could see Bennett doing that to Mineral.

And this my friend, is a fact.

COACH-Mike

April 21, 2017, 09:46:09 am #26 Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:47:51 am by COACH-Mike
Quote from: tacklethis... on April 20, 2017, 03:28:24 am
He was one and done at Horatio and he also accepted the job at Dierks for about 2 days in 1994. Then went back to Mboro to continue as DC. Now answer your own question...
Quote from: tacklethis... on April 20, 2017, 03:28:24 am
Quote from: Katdaddy on April 20, 2017, 06:37:49 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on April 20, 2017, 03:36:53 pm

Now here is you a fact or two:
1.  Bennett is on contract for Half days now so he can be at Mineral for workouts and spring ball.
2.  Bennett is on contract for the year June 2017 -June 2018.  He will not be released.
3.  Durks and Smurfs cant afford him with what we are paying.  He also will get bonuses.
4.  He is very excited about his opportunities in Mineral.
5.  He loves being able to coach and not mow grass.
6.  And I'm giving tacklethis a nickname... KIP for Keeps instigating Propaganda.

Katdaddy

Now that Coach Mike has squashed that rumor, who is in the real running for this job? Will they hire from with in or go outside?

tacklethis...

Quote from: COACH-Mike on April 21, 2017, 09:46:09 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on April 20, 2017, 03:36:53 pm

Now here is you a fact or two:
1.  Bennett is on contract for Half days now so he can be at Mineral for workouts and spring ball.
2.  Bennett is on contract for the year June 2017 -June 2018.  He will not be released.
3.  Durks and Smurfs cant afford him with what we are paying.  He also will get bonuses.
4.  He is very excited about his opportunities in Mineral.
5.  He loves being able to coach and not mow grass.
6.  And I'm giving tacklethis a nickname... KIP for Keeps instigating Propaganda.

Coach, were still waiting on the baseball program to
get that first conference crown.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 21, 2017, 11:26:10 am
Coach, were still waiting on the baseball program to
get that first conference crown.
I believe we are talking about Football on here, KIP.  This the best you can do to stir the pot?  If so you are a little weak.  I know what you are really thinking and its man I'm glad we play baseball cause football is going to be a stretch.  Tackle that right there.  Oh and (were or we're).

Tubz

Two coaches on the current staff will interview. Two outside coaches will interview. Decision should be made by next week.

Katdaddy

tacklethis...

Quote from: COACH-Mike on April 21, 2017, 03:11:57 pm
I believe we are talking about Football on here, KIP.  This the best you can do to stir the pot?  If so you are a little weak.  I know what you are really thinking and its man I'm glad we play baseball cause football is going to be a stretch.  Tackle that right there.  Oh and (were or we're).

All I know is who got hurt feelings after they swallowed the bait...

And if you look back at your comments on the other thread you made the boast about baseball on a football thread.

Tubz

Not sure of the two outside choices. Really surprised there's not more people from Murfreesboro on here. I'm sure there's some locals that know. The David Bennett to Murfreesboro was a good one. In no way do I think that's possible. But it did cross my mind. He was considering coming back a few years back but that ten year thing with the oulaws kept him there.

thirdand1

couch-coach06

Tubz

That's would be a great hire. Ran the same offense at Harding last year as Murfreesboro has the past five seasons. Wants to put as much speed on D as he can. Murfreesboro boy.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 21, 2017, 06:33:38 pm
All I know is who got hurt feelings after they swallowed the bait...

And if you look back at your comments on the other thread you made the boast about baseball on a football thread.
Please fool.  Its obvious to me you got issues with Bennett and you hide behind a screen name to vent it.  Man up!

Tubz

Meeting will be held today to narrow down the list of applicants.

tacklethis...

Quote from: COACH-Mike on April 24, 2017, 12:58:42 pm
Please fool.  Its obvious to me you got issues with Bennett and you hide behind a screen name to vent it.  Man up!

Who sent me a friend request on Facebook? You. I've never met you in my life and you wanted to be friends. Hard to understand, this friendship of ours. And the name calling? Calm down "friend". It's strange the man crush you have on Coach Bennett and I guess, me...I fear I may end up on the ID channel!

And if you will look back at the 2018 conference projections thread I have Mineral picked to finish ahead of Dierks in football, but not in baseball.

Tubz

Katdaddy

I figure interviews will start this week and make a decision by end of next week.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 24, 2017, 04:35:39 pm
Who sent me a friend request on Facebook? You. I've never met you in my life and you wanted to be friends. Hard to understand, this friendship of ours. And the name calling? Calm down "friend". It's strange the man crush you have on Coach Bennett and I guess, me...I fear I may end up on the ID channel!

And if you will look back at the 2018 conference projections thread I have Mineral picked to finish ahead of Dierks in football, but not in baseball.

Just wanted to smoke you out and I did. 

tacklethis...

Quote from: COACH-Mike on April 25, 2017, 09:26:17 pm
Just wanted to smoke you out and I did.

Well, the first step is to admit you have a problem... and you did.

Big Boy

Narrowed down to 4--2 internal and 2 external is what I've seen.  McRae and Martin, and Gonzales from WC and Bates from Paris.

AirItOut21

Murfreesboro has hired Marc McRae as their next head football coach. Very good hire for the Rattlers.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas