• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avoid At All Cost!

Started by -Painted Fan-, July 06, 2008, 07:30:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

On our way home from Florida, we stopped for gas at a place near Earle, just off Interstate 40.  This place also had a Taco Bell and Burger King inside.  We decided to get some grub for the rest of the trip.
Bad decision.
First the Taco Bell.
Forget the .79 .89 .99 menu.  They didn't have it.  That cheesy double beef burrito that's normally .89 cost $1.99.
As for the Burger King, well, the Whopper combo cost almost $6.00.
Both had some very strange taste as well.  The Whopper tasted like it had some kind of strange BBQ sauce on it (and I didn't order any BBQ sauce.  Yuck!).
And the employees looked and acted like they would rather be anywhere else but behind the counter.
Apologies to the good folks from Earle.  But avoid this place at all cost.

Wampus_Cat

Getting food at a gas station is never a good idea, by the way.

fastdrop

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on July 06, 2008, 07:30:18 pm
On our way home from Florida, we stopped for gas at a place near Earle, just off Interstate 40.  This place also had a Taco Bell and Burger King inside.  We decided to get some grub for the rest of the trip.
Bad decision.
First the Taco Bell.
Forget the .79 .89 .99 menu.  They didn't have it.  That cheesy double beef burrito that's normally .89 cost $1.99.
As for the Burger King, well, the Whopper combo cost almost $6.00.
Both had some very strange taste as well.  The Whopper tasted like it had some kind of strange BBQ sauce on it (and I didn't order any BBQ sauce.  Yuck!).
And the employees looked and acted like they would rather be anywhere else but behind the counter.
Apologies to the good folks from Earle.  But avoid this place at all cost.
I know exactly where you stopped....I feel for you my friend.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on July 06, 2008, 07:33:04 pm
Getting food at a gas station is never a good idea, by the way.
Actually, it was a Taco Bell & Burger King connected to the station.  They had a dining area and everything.
It's not like I ate a frozen burrito at 7-11.
It's just that the food, service, and prices were extremely poor.
I wonder if the Subway connected to the station across the street was any better?

RHS

In terms of prices, the only 2 places I know of worse off are Needles, CA and some McDonalds up in New England off a toll road (they have a little "Oasis" of places with gas and food for you, and the food is a complete ripoff)

True Believer

July 07, 2008, 07:00:50 am #5 Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:02:22 am by True Believer
Is that the one at the Shell Lake exit on I 40?  Be glad you didn't stop at the one in Marion, it's not much better.  The West Memphis Taco Bell is pretty good.

mhs85grad

McDonalds on Times Square in NYC has really high prices. It has  been 7 or 8 years since I was there, and at that time a value meal was around $7.00. At that time in AR a value meal was about $4.

jackfan1™

Quote from: mhs85grad on July 07, 2008, 10:12:20 am
McDonalds on Times Square in NYC has really high prices. It has  been 7 or 8 years since I was there, and at that time a value meal was around $7.00. At that time in AR a value meal was about $4.

My daughter and I met, and had pictures taken with, Big Boi just after he had gotten his entourage dinner there. We found it funny that OutKast could choose to eat anywhere they wanted and they were parked in front of a Mickey D's in NYC.
BTW, we knew it was them since my daughter had JUST purchased their "Stankonia" CD at Virgin Megastore and we noticed a Navigator painted exactly like the CD cover. I dragged her over and sure enough, it was them and Big Boi signed her new CD.
Pretty cool.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jackfan1™ on July 07, 2008, 11:05:57 am

My daughter and I met, and had pictures taken with, Big Boi just after he had gotten his entourage dinner there. We found it funny that OutKast could choose to eat anywhere they wanted and they were parked in front of a Mickey D's in NYC.
BTW, we knew it was them since my daughter had JUST purchased their "Stankonia" CD at Virgin Megastore and we noticed a Navigator painted exactly like the CD cover. I dragged her over and sure enough, it was them and Big Boi signed her new CD.
Pretty cool.

Too bad Andre wasn't there.  He's the cooler of the two IMO.

jackfan1™

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 07, 2008, 11:40:04 am

Pretty cool.

He may have been. There were several folks in the Navigator. Big Boi was the one by the door who got out and talked to us. We got several good pictures with him. (We had just seen their bodyguard in Virgin. Biggest man I ever did see!)
Funny thing was a bit later, as we were walking down Times Square, they drove past, waved, and yelled out the window, "Heyyy-ayyyy chickies!"
Yeah, my girl was tickled.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jackfan1™ on July 07, 2008, 11:48:16 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 07, 2008, 11:40:04 am

Pretty cool.

He may have been. There were several folks in the Navigator. Big Boi was the one by the door who got out and talked to us. We got several good pictures with him. (We had just seen their bodyguard in Virgin. Biggest man I ever did see!)
Funny thing was a bit later, as we were walking down Times Square, they drove past, waved, and yelled out the window, "Heyyy-ayyyy chickies!"
Yeah, my girl was tickled.

That's pretty cool.  Outkast is a good band.  They have some good original stuff.

jackfan1™

I was not that familiar with them at the time. In fact, I joked with my girl that if she was going to buy a CD and we would then meet the artist, why didn't she buy Ricky Martin or someone like that? ;)
A while later, when we saw their video, we realized he was wearing the same jacket he had on that night.

herws

Quote from: True Believer on July 07, 2008, 07:00:50 am
Is that the one at the Shell Lake exit on I 40?  Be glad you didn't stop at the one in Marion, it's not much better.  The West Memphis Taco Bell is pretty good.

Yes that's the one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas