• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

National Cancer Survivors Day

Started by -Painted Fan-, June 01, 2008, 12:05:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

The first weekend in June is National Cancer Survivors Day- a celebration of life for those affected by this dreaded disease.
This celebration was founded by Henry Block, of H & R Block.
The celebration in Fort Smith was held today at the Holiday Inn City Center.  There was good food, good fun, uplifting stories, music by Pam Camp, Brenda Smith, and my oldest daughter, Jessica Carmona.  As a 13 year survivor myself, I saw old friends that have helped me along the way, and made new ones going through the same struggles.
Almost 2 million Americans will be diagnosed with some form of cancer this year.  And that number is on the rise.  This disease is no respecter of age, gender, race, color, or creed.  It's a safe bet that everyone reading this has been affected by it in one way or another; be it self, family member, or friend.
To those that are continuing their fight, I applaud you, and wish you success.  In the immortal words of the late coach Jim Valvano, "Don't give up.  Don't ever give up."

RHS

My mom just had skin cancer removed from a part of her eyelid. Dad has had several spots on his face that have had to be cut out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas