• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw It For The First Time Today

Started by -Painted Fan-, June 16, 2006, 06:29:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_reality_is...

Ok, let me add an edit to my post...when I said taxes where lower then than they are now, I meant for people like us.

Otherwise, it would seem like a redundant post.

hsu1

no taxes were higher under clinton accross the board and the bad thing about higher taxes for the wealthy is they provide the majority of jobs in america.  that's one reason the economy started going into recession is because american jobs started becoming japanese or mexican jobs.  i know i keep reverting arguments to other presidents but the best way to compare policies of the two parties is simply to compare presidents from the two parties.  how else can you compare?  we agree on carter at least.  the poverty numbers give a false impression.  expendable income has increased under bush yet poverty still increases.  doesn't make sense.  the national bureau of economic research has attributed this to the steady increase in single parent household........especially single mothers.  you can't blame bush for that.  by the way, you get a clap for telling twosportschump to chill with the puppet comments.  at least he can spell it right now........i think.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 18, 2006, 12:54:23 pmWe live in West Ark, but go over to those Rice Farmers in East Ark. and see how many fngers they lift. I don't know one person who buys their daughter a Mustang and calls it a farm car. Any insurance agent that falls for that needs to be fired. You see, here is the problem: Bush claims to be a peoples president, yet he couldn't give a S*it about you. Do you have millions of dollars to donate to him/his ivestors companies? NO? Then why are you talking to him. I am a farmers son, trying to go to college, and thanks to Pell Grants and Farm Subsidies being cut, it just got a little bit harder. Considering Bush spent the first 2/3 of his first term on a Ranch playing cowboy, I wouldn't expect him to know what work is. And since he is such a F*cking idiot, I wouldn't expect him to understand what a good education is.(And don't give me that "He went to Yale" crap...his dad got him in, and his money got him through.)

Going back to your first two comments, you mention all of these people who steal money, rather from Pell Grants or Farm Subsidies....have you, umm, SEEN it, or is this just here-say?

You really can't call anyone an "F*cking idiot" after that rant.

Yes, I've, umm, SEEN it.  There are rice and bean fields less than forty feet from where I am at this moment, surrounding our acres.  I live in East Arkansas, and I've seen what I mentioned now, and have for a long time.  Grew up in this kind of environment, and done that kind of work. 

Yes, quite a few Mustangs are registered as farm vehicles for tax cuts.  I know enough farmers' daughters who have benefitted from it.

As for SS, do you really think that in around forty years, when I get old enough to draw it, there'll be enough to live on?  There isn't now for folks that age.

Anything else?

hsu1

yeah i've done a lot of work on farms and one thing i noticed is that almost always, the farmers had nice new extended cab trucks, their wives had nice vehicles, and in some cases their kids did also.  i realize this isn't everyone but most of the farmers i worked for were either a lot better off than me or very badly in debt.

Uncle Ivan

Yeah, many farmers do have a real racket going.

Not all, and I'll state that now before someone makes the assumption that I'm branding them all like that.

I don't see how one can really break into farming now.  Many of those who are established were because their families were, and they grew up into it.  Break into it now, and you'll be in debt for probably what amounts to the rest of your life.

The_reality_is...

Yeah, here is something else:

You are making generalizations of people, despite what your last post said. I am not planning on farming for a living, and yes, debt is a part of it.

I don't know what the Police and Attorneys are doing in your part of the state, but what they are doing is illegal. Now my family has an 89 Chevy Duelly(sp?), a 99 S-10, 2 1997 F-150's(I drive one of those, and it was my grandfathers, and he left it to me in his will, we didn't buy two trucks that year) and my moms car. The Chevy, and the two trucks are farm vehicles, but my younger bros truck and moms car aren't.

And yes, I think that if we reform SS, it will be here when you're forty. You know, if all our money wasn't going to a war.

WCD

June 19, 2006, 07:30:39 am #56 Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:52:18 am by WCD
Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 19, 2006, 01:37:47 am

You are making generalizations of people, despite what your last post said. I am not planning on farming for a living, and yes, debt is a part of it.

I don't know what the Police and Attorneys are doing in your part of the state, but what they are doing is illegal. Now my family has an 89 Chevy Duelly(sp?), a 99 S-10, 2 1997 F-150's(I drive one of those, and it was my grandfathers, and he left it to me in his will, we didn't buy two trucks that year) and my moms car. The Chevy, and the two trucks are farm vehicles, but my younger bros truck and moms car aren't.

And yes, I think that if we reform SS, it will be here when you're forty. You know, if all our money wasn't going to a war.

Had America had the majority of the people who support you and your beliefs in power in the 1940 s thru 1950's, IMO, all our farms would be owned by the government, they would tell you what to plant, when to plant it and where to turn it in.

They would reap the benefits, share them with the egalitarian few and call it communism. If it wasn't for all our money (as you say) going for the war, we would probably not be having this discussion because it would be illegal.

You would be cast into prison for dissension for openly complaining about the government. Kind of ironic, speaking against the President, the Congress and the military all the while enjoying America's freedom.

Freedom isn't free............ it comes with a price to defend our rights.

God Bless America!

WCD ;D

retiredlion05

Quote from: WCD on June 19, 2006, 07:30:39 am
Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 19, 2006, 01:37:47 am

Had America had the majority of the people who support you and your beliefs in power in the 1940 s thru 1950's, IMO, all our farms would be owned by the government, they would tell you what to plant, when to plant it and where to turn it in.

They would reap the benefits, share them with the egalitarian few and call it communism. If it wasn't for all our money (as you say) going for the war, we would probably not be having this discussion because it would be illegal.

You would be cast into prison for dissension for openly complaining about the government. Kind of ironic, speaking against the President, the Congress and the military all the while enjoying America's freedom.

Freedom isn't free............ it comes with a price to defend our rights.

God Bless America!

WCD ;D

Ya know WCD, I don't think we've ever agreed eye to eye on anything but my hat is off to you on this.  I agree with you 100%.  People gripe and complain about how bad we have it and how bad W is but guess what folks, IT COULD BE A LOT WORSE!  Some of you want to run down our president or our troops for the war, you know, in almost any other country, that would get you thrown in jail.  And in the words of a legend:  When your running down our county hoss you're walking on the fightin side of me!

The_reality_is...

You know, protesting the government and its actions does not mean you hate the country. Jesus, I wonder what you all where saying during Clinton's presidency. IF YOU WANTED TO IMPEACH HIM, YOU WERE UNAMERICAN FOR NOT LIKING HIM! GOO GOO BAJOO!

Seriously, learn the value of our Bill of Rights and the Constitution before saying something like that.

To WCD: I know exactly what you're saying. If we put farming under the Govt. completely and everyone got the same but, there would be people busting thier tails to make money, while someone else doesn't do jack and gets the same cut. Thats why communism doesn't work, in a roundabout way.

But its not Ironic, speaking out against the president. Its our job as a free nation to look at our Government with a weary eye, especially during war. No one on this board supports terrorism. No one on this board hates the troops. I don't hate Bush. I just completly disagree with almost everything he has said and done.

hsu1

well it's kind of a double standard because i'm sure all these hippies who are anti war weren't protesting when clinton ordered strikes on iraq for the same reason.  by the way, clinton did break the law in case you forgot so it wasn't a case of trying to make an impeachment work on trumped up charges.  he perjured and everyone knows it.  the bad thing is, that was just the tip of the iceburg in clinton's corruption.

The_reality_is...

Lets not get started on an administrations corruption...:)

HA_Fan

Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 18, 2006, 02:00:04 pm
Yeah, you're right, Taxes where higher under clinton, for the upper half of the economy.

Taxes were higher under Clinton for everyone who paid taxes, not just the upper half.

HA_Fan

Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 20, 2006, 02:18:30 am
Lets not get started on an administrations corruption...:)

Don't forget that most of your assumptions about the war are based on the fact that you THINK Bush lied.  We all KNOW Clinton lied UNDER OATH.

The_reality_is...

I'm pretty sure there is enough evidence to go after Bush.

Also, again, we go into weather or not Oral Sex is intercourse...hehe.

SandLizard04

The_reality_is...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Liberal Moonbat on June 20, 2006, 05:54:35 pmI'm pretty sure there is enough evidence to go after Bush.

If married, oral sex with someone not your wife is adultery. 

There's not a shred of substantive evidence to impeach Bush.  All there is is intense, irrational hatred of the President, and that's not anything that can be used in a court of law as proof.

Not that they don't try, though.

The_reality_is...

Hmm....so, if Adultery is worthy of being fired from you're job, how many people in this country should be fired every day?

Uncle Ivan

When you're the President, and then lie about it to the public you're supposed to serve, yeah, it's grounds for firing.

The_reality_is...

Then....we....should.....fire.....Bush.....

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Liberal Moonbat on June 21, 2006, 12:05:56 am
Then....we....should.....fire.....Bush.....

Bush hasn't lied.

No matter of hysteric screaming that he has will change that fact.

The_reality_is...

Hey, I haven't screamed at you....do you see any all caos here?

Uncle Ivan

The_reality_is...

Sorry, that was supposed to say Caps.

Majique™

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 16, 2006, 06:29:39 pm
I'm driving through Fort Smith on my way home.  I pull up to a red light and notice the SUV in front of me has a bumper sticker in their back window.  It said:

HILLARY

God forbid!

Time to move to Iraq!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas