• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy National Cancer Survivor's Day!

Started by -Painted Fan-, June 02, 2013, 04:56:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Sunday, June 2nd is the 26th annual National Cancer Survivor's Day!
It's a day of celebration of life for those who are affected by this dreaded disease.
There are over 14 million cancer survivor's in the United States, and another 1.6 million expected new cases diagnosed in 2013.
I'm an 18 year survivor (colon), and was only 31 at diagnosis.
Cancer knows no age limits, and doesn't discriminate.
It can happen from 1 to 100, male or female.
So if you, or someone close to you, is given a diagnosis, please know that it doesn't mean that it's a death sentence.
In the immortal words of Coach Jim Valvano, "Don't give up! Don't ever give up!"
I wish you continued success in your battle!

bleudog

Lions84

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 02, 2013, 04:56:07 pm
Sunday, June 2nd is the 26th annual National Cancer Survivor's Day!
It's a day of celebration of life for those who are affected by this dreaded disease.
There are over 14 million cancer survivor's in the United States, and another 1.6 million expected new cases diagnosed in 2013.
I'm an 18 year survivor (colon), and was only 31 at diagnosis.
Cancer knows no age limits, and doesn't discriminate.
It can happen from 1 to 100, male or female.
So if you, or someone close to you, is given a diagnosis, please know that it doesn't mean that it's a death sentence.
In the immortal words of Coach Jim Valvano, "Don't give up! Don't ever give up!"
I wish you continued success in your battle!

Post for my Dad 10 years free and for my Uncle who lost his battle in 1987.

Ridge Rat

Apparently my wife didn't hear about that day. She's usually on top of the cancer survivor things. Her oldest daughter was diagnosed with rabdomiasarcoma at the age of 6 back in 2004. The people at Children's in Little Rock are top notch. She had surgery to remove the tumor, chemo and radiation to finish it. That's one tough girl and I've got all the respect in the world for how she came through it. I thank God we caught it early and will never be able to show enough appreciation to Children's for the treatment and care they showed her.

Breitontime

This day has been especially special to me for the last five years.

Uncle Ivan

While I didn't realize it last year, it was a wonderful day.  I've never had it, but I've went through it as a family member - and it was unmitigated hell. 

I wear one of these everywhere I go, as a reminder of all those with it.

Link

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas