• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett vs Hector

Started by Hornet4ever, October 07, 2018, 09:02:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Alrighty, here we go! After a rather interesting week of football, we move on! Come Friday, Hackett will have had two weeks to prepare for the Hector Wildcats (bye week last week). Hector is coming off a tough loss to much improved Magazine. I'd say these two teams are about as evenly matched as possible. This likely means another nail biter, we've had some good ones in the past.

I'll be the homer here and take my Hornets by a touchdown. I truly think Hester will be too much for Hector. Hes the best QB in the league in my opinion and has gotten better every week.

Let the talk begin!

alaskanstorm

After the beating the cats took last night, the hornets pull out the win.  Which will give hector a couple weeks to heal and get really ticked off by the time week 10 rolls around and they destroy da 'burg

Hacket 26 hector 21

Wildcatalumni21

Really just depends on which Hector team the coaches bring. If it's the team that played the first 3 quarters against Magazine and does nothing but run the ball we will have some trouble I believe, but if we will open it up like we did in the 4th quarter I think we will be fine

friscokid

Breck Oden ain't walking through that door. Give me Hector by a TD.

Dragonsvoice

ALAS i'm not sure what the banging on the Burg is about but on every post you bring us up. beging to think you know who the champs are and we are in your head already I haven't bashed the Rats this year just haven't till last week believed the Rats where legit and they are but still not scared your not in my head But go hornets beat the cats just to mix it up some more.

alaskanstorm

DV if memory serves me correctly, you did insinuate da dragons were going to lose to the rattlers in week nine.  I do believe I have written proof somewhere.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 09, 2018, 07:44:29 pm
ALAS i'm not sure what the banging on the Burg is about but on every post you bring us up. beging to think you know who the champs are and we are in your head already I haven't bashed the Rats this year just haven't till last week believed the Rats where legit and they are but still not scared your not in my head But go hornets beat the cats just to mix it up some more.
I believe he keeps taking cheap shots at the Burg cause he really is worried about us which he should be.

Prouddragondad

This thread is not about Burg and Magazine. It's about Hector vs Hackett and I'm looking forward to see how this one turns out. It's always a good game between the two and both teams need a win to stay in the race for the conference championship so it's hard to say who takes this one.

Hornet4ever

Very important game, where are my Hector guys!?

Last thread we had before this game was a dang good one!

rattlerfan24

Cant wait to hear about the outcome of this game.  I'm back and forth on my thoughts...

rattlerfan24

One thing I know for sure....its a huge game for both teams.

RATTLER43

I think it will be a great game.  Both teams hungry and focused on the task at hand.  The importance of a win here is huge.

Wildcatalumni21

Like I said if we will throw the ball we win by 2 tds, if we try running the ball like did against Magazine we lose by 2 tds

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 10, 2018, 07:43:44 pm
Like I said if we will throw the ball we win by 2 tds, if we try running the ball like did against Magazine we lose by 2 tds

I watched the game against Magazine. Hector tried throwing early and didn't have much success. Hacketts pass defense is better than Magazine, you'll have to do more than just throw the ball.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 10, 2018, 07:51:19 pm
I watched the game against Magazine. Hector tried throwing early and didn't have much success. Hacketts pass defense is better than Magazine, you'll have to do more than just throw the ball.
+1

alaskanstorm

While I don't disagree H4E, I would just caution that kind of talk in here.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 10, 2018, 08:09:35 pm
While I don't disagree H4E, I would just caution that kind of talk in here.

Our pass defense is a strong part of our team. Run defense not so much, that showed against Magazine.

Dragonsvoice

IMO this game will say a lot about the Rats, Cats and Hornt's  I believe its a toss up just not sure how down or how up these teams are we know the Red Rats are apparently up. Just not sure the outcome of this one taking the Cats by a TD.

AR_dawg3

Big game tonight! I think It will Be close till halftime but hector puts it away after that!!
    Hector-28 Hackett-14

Prouddragondad

HorseFeathers

Hackett 20-7 almost halftime

Hornet4ever

I wasn't able to be there tonight. I'll try my best to keep updated.

HorseFeathers

20-13 in the 3Q now...Come on Hornet...glad I didn't try to get another date...you'd stood me up again 😂😂

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Sounds like the hornets pulled a Houston Nutt

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalum tells me it's tied at 26 early 4Q

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 09:18:10 pm
Wildcatalum tells me it's tied at 26 early 4Q

Yeah, last I heard it was 26-26 early 4th Q.

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Come on Hackett seal this game.

Hornet4ever

42-34 Hackett with 3:12 left

Dragonsvoice

sounds like a whole lot of shacking went on tonight. what the score

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 12, 2018, 09:36:33 pm
sounds like a whole lot of shacking went on tonight. what the score

Haven't seen a final or anything

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalum tells me hector tied it up at 42 with less than a minute

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 09:41:24 pm
Wildcatalum tells me hector tied it up at 42 with less than a minute

Yup.  >:(

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Down goes Hackett 48-42 in OT. Congrats on the win Hector, we had a chance to end this game and we didn't, just like Magazine.

I'm not happy right now, so I'll probably stay off FF for the remainder of the night.

Dragonsvoice

Sorry to hear it hoping hornets would win. congrats to hector.

rattlerfan24

HorseFeathers

Cody Day apparently was a one man wrecking crew tonight....well with the help of his offensive line...6 rushing TD'S and another passing

friscokid

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 10:33:03 pm
Cody Day apparently was a one man wrecking crew tonight....well with the help of his offensive line...6 rushing TD'S and another passing
Did Cody's dad play for Hector in the mid-90s? Just wondering.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: friscokid on October 13, 2018, 12:12:43 am
Did Cody's dad play for Hector in the mid-90s? Just wondering.
No. His Dad isn't from Hector

HorseFeathers

Really? I always assumed that he was related to the John Day who's picture all jersey and stuff was in the Trophy Case

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 09:44:48 am
Really? I always assumed that he was related to the John Day who's picture all jersey and stuff was in the Trophy Case
Not sure if related

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas