• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 Mount Ida vs. Foreman

Started by IdaLions, October 05, 2018, 10:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paraloma

Foreman hasn't won district since 1987?

Eslim03

I'm afraid not. They have several runner ups but no championships.

Lionsquatch

Whoever wins this game cannot overlook Gurdon.  This may seem like the championship until someone looks past their Gurdon week

IdaLions

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 09, 2018, 11:00:21 am
Whoever wins this game cannot overlook Gurdon.  This may seem like the championship until someone looks past their Gurdon week

Heard gurdon has a very salty defense this year. Overlooking teams can be catastrophic.

Lionsquatch

This game will be close if both teams have a great game but if either has just a slight off day it could get real ugly for them

JHFootball37

I don't know about this one chief. Gurdon has a very stoppable offense and a pretty average defense

Lionsquatch

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 09, 2018, 11:43:33 am
I don't know about this one chief. Gurdon has a very stoppable offense and a pretty average defense
But when overlooked, a stoppable offense becomes decent and an average defense becomes hard to drive on.  And I believe their defense is above average before but that's my opinion from scores and strength of schedule

couch-coach06

October 09, 2018, 11:53:58 am #57 Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:23:28 pm by paraloma
Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 09, 2018, 11:25:52 am
This game will be close if both teams have a great game but if either has just a slight off day it could get real ugly for them

I think.that was proven last year

IdaLions

October 09, 2018, 12:48:07 pm #58 Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:23:41 pm by paraloma
Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 09, 2018, 11:53:58 am

I think.that was proven last year

The Moral of this story, be perfect

godgiven999

Gurdon's offense is now clicking pretty well. Earlier in the season they had fumbleitis but that seems to have healed. They have size and depth upfront
and speed in the backfield. They also have a couple of guys take over at RB that has made a huge difference over the last 3 games. Threadgill has rushed for 500 yards and 7Tds over the last 3 games on 46 carries. He had 20 carries combine the first 3 games.
Defense is definitely stout. 9 forced turnovers and 3Tds

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 09, 2018, 11:43:33 am

couch-coach06

That fumble itis might return when you play these two teams both will lay the wood... All I know is I'm a little glad foreman gets y'all the week after you play ida..

godgiven999

IMO At some point Mt Ida will have a depth problem
17 players?

couch-coach06

It's 2 a football just because u have 30 on the sideline don't mean more than 12 or 15 are gona actually be good enough anyway.. depth Is pretty irrelevant other than practice.. they probably have jr high for that

FilmCrew

Mount Ida has always played the best 11 players....Usually that means the same 11 on both sides of the ball.

godgiven999

Gurdon only has a few players who play both way
Quote from: couch-coach06
link=topic=157141.msg3629995#msg3629995 date=1539125356

It's 2 a football just because u have 30 on the sideline don't mean more than 12 or 15 are gona actually be good enough anyway.. depth Is pretty irrelevant other than practice.. they probably have jr high for that

M.I. D

In 2007 Mount Ida won a State Title and played 13 or 14 kids to Beardens 20 or more. It's normal here. We now have 20 or 21 on the roster.

couch-coach06

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 09, 2018, 06:13:42 pm
Gurdon only has a few players who play both way

Foreman probably plays half both ways but I guarantee ya when we play ida or get in a tough play off game that number will increase and it will for your beloved go devils too..

godgiven999

Depth is good for Injuries, but your right come playoff time, and for Forman and Ida I would like to see the best players on the field!
Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 09, 2018, 07:31:32 pm
Foreman probably plays half both ways but I guarantee ya when we play ida or get in a tough play off game that number will increase and it will for your beloved go devils too..

GatorBall

October 09, 2018, 09:17:52 pm #68 Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:27:33 pm by GatorBall

I agree!! I do beleive the game last year where Foreman played Ida in Ida prooved that. When two teams who are equally talented play, the games are usually won by, not by the team that makes the most big plays but the team that makes the least amount of mistakes, whether it's penalties or turnovers. So whoever makes the least amount of mistakes in this game WILL win the ballgame!! I personally hope both teams play their best game and let the cards fall where they may!!! Nah, just kiddin...I just want the "W"....no matter how we get it....lol

IdaLions

2 more days until the showdown at the swamp.

Partsman

Quote from: IdaLions on October 10, 2018, 08:59:07 am
2 more days until the showdown at the swamp.
I am ready to see this battle.

Hornet4ever

Should be a good one here. I'll take Ida by a touchdown!

Lionsquatch

Was honestly expecting a lot more replies on this thread but then I realized that these are 2 of the most respectful and sportsmanlike teams and fanbases so there is not any trash talk that extends threads for multiple pages.  Thank you all for being respectful and showing class!!!

Redzone

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 11, 2018, 11:16:55 am
Was honestly expecting a lot more replies on this thread but then I realized that these are 2 of the most respectful and sportsmanlike teams and fanbases so there is not any trash talk that extends threads for multiple pages.  Thank you all for being respectful and showing class!!!

Agreed 👏🏼👏🏼

Partsman

If any Ida Fans get down this way and have vehicle trouble or get locked out of your vehicle I will help if I can. I work in the local Parts Store here.

Eslim03

I too expected more replies. These two teams and communities definitely respect each other for sure. I really hope the Ida program gets some more interest so this rivalry continues in the years to come. The game in 2016 and the state championship game last year were such great games. Really think the game tomorrow will be no different.

Partsman

Wait til about 10pm Friday night. Ha

IdaLions

Quote from: Partsman on October 11, 2018, 04:24:19 pm
Wait til about 10pm Friday night. Ha

I honestly don't think there will be trash talk, I think both teams are humble and everyone on here will admit that whichever team wins was the better team that night. Can't wait to get this game started!!!

Partsman

October 11, 2018, 06:50:28 pm #78 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:14:28 pm by Partsman
Quote from: IdaLions on October 11, 2018, 05:15:51 pm
I honestly don't think there will be trash talk, I think both teams are humble and everyone on here will admit that whichever team wins was the better team that night. Can't wait to get this game started!!!
I was just being funny. Win, lose or draw they are both great teams.

Partsman

October 11, 2018, 10:13:03 pm #79 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:17:28 pm by Partsman
Gonna be the biggest crowd Foreman has ever had most likely on both sides of the field.

OLionSwag74

HERE WE ARE it's game day fellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HORNET-MAN

Gators 20 Lions 6..The Gators Will Control The Trenches On The Defensive And Offensive Lines.Good Luck To Both Teams.

MT Legend

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 06, 2018, 12:24:32 pm
Will Foreman or Mt.  Ida have a livestream going?  Would love to watch this from home

42 Sports is recording it. It's only available on playback though,It's usually posted      the next morning sometime.

IdaLions

The boys are inspired and ready, Foreman best bring there A-Game, still dreading the drive though😂

Partsman

IdaLions

M.I. D

Everyone from both Mount Ida and Foreman has shown what it's like to have respect in a public forum. That's rare in here! We should all feel fortunate tonight. It's not all that often two great teams like this get this opportunity. Enjoy the night! Enjoy watching these young men and these two teams battle it out! They are both capable of winning tonight. Who wants it the most?

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: IdaLions on October 12, 2018, 11:21:41 am
Still raining?
[/quote
Is it still raining? Hopefully it clears off for the game but I bet that field will be a mess.

sickwillie

So, does either team have a livestream link?

Eslim03

No livestream for foreman. The rain shows to move out by game time.

M.I. D

Mount Ida is on 104.1 Kena. They are online and have an app

COACH-Mike

Both teams will walk the dog on Gurdon.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: M.I. D on October 12, 2018, 11:45:08 am
Everyone from both Mount Ida and Foreman has shown what it’s like to have respect in a public forum. That’s rare in here! We should all feel fortunate tonight. It’s not all that often two great teams like this get this opportunity. Enjoy the night! Enjoy watching these young men and these two teams battle it out! They are both capable of winning tonight. Who wants it the most?

Has anyone read any snap chat?  respectful lol

M.I. D

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 12, 2018, 01:43:24 pm
Has anyone read any snap chat?  respectful lol

I was referring to Fearless Friday. I pay no attention to snap.

Partsman

Slow rain has moved back in. Hopefully it will move on out.

IdaLions

COACH-Mike

paraloma

Is there a special section roped off for the folks from the #throp or #woolten?

Partsman

Game will be broadcast on 98.7 also.

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 12, 2018, 02:38:00 pm
Nope! Ask your kids and get entertained.

I have no kids on the team, and I haven't seen anything's on snapchat, so i'm confuses at what you mean

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas