• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem vs McCrory

Started by houndfan4610, October 06, 2012, 11:14:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Catattack82 on October 08, 2012, 12:27:45 pm
Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2012, 12:07:35 pm
Quote from: Catattack82 on October 08, 2012, 07:10:30 am
Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2012, 02:09:24 am
I just love how Catattack82 says Salem cant pass  or they are slow running. The Ridge suppose to be able to do both well, but yet and still Epc stop them at the goal line twice!!!!!!! So I guess it comes down to how you use what you got.
Isu have dey shown dey can pass? Does dey hav any reel speed?  If ya look bk I said all seasun that WR slow and don't got much sped neither.

Do your research before stating things you know nothing about.    How this my freind.....  40-81 537 YDS  7 TD's in the air this year.   The fact is you haven't watched Salem even after I have posted every game for everyone to watch.  Go watch the games then make a statement with some facts behind it.  That don't look like a team that can't throw.   
Well me spellin aint no good but my math aint so bad.  But 537 yards over 6 games is approx 89.5 yards per game.  my frien dat aint airing it out.  not sayin they cant pass but if dey can dey aint showin it.  I guess dey savin for when dey needz it.

Well have  u not been going to games this year? It has rained 4 out six games.  I think is pretty stupid to go into those with a game plan to chuck the ball around.  And on the game it didn't rain our opponent wasn't very good.  So wasn't any need to throw. 

Donnie Jamon

just saying again, and i would rather finish 4th in this conf then 3rd.. 

4th place in this league, plays @ 3rd in 5th and @ Winner of 5 if advance

3rd place in this league plays @ Rison or @ Bearden..

:)

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 09, 2012, 12:33:40 pm
just saying again, and i would rather finish 4th in this conf then 3rd.. 

4th place in this league, plays @ 3rd in 5th and @ Winner of 5 if advance

3rd place in this league plays @ Rison or @ Bearden..

:)

I agree..........Are you saying MC is throwing the games on purpose?....lol  That would explain some things.   Actually 4th is better then 1st also. 

breezy

Salem offense really isn't that hard to prepare for. Their main plays are #11 around the end and #26 up the middle. I'm not saying that's their only plays,but that is the majority of their plays. a good team will turn everything in and take away both of these plays easily.

breezy

I really hope Salem wins this one that way they are 3rd and will get bearden or rison first rd and we will see what they are made of. Better shore up that o-line or it could be a long 4 wks!!!!!!! ;D

Donnie Jamon

October 09, 2012, 03:24:04 pm #55 Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:26:15 pm by Donnie Jamon
i'm not from either of these towns so it really doesn't matter to me what goes on..  i'm just saying i would rather be the 4th place team..  epc should finish one so we'll have home field throughout but it is a harder road to travel on but if you think you are the best, then you need to beat the best..

not to disrespect any teams but 2nd and 4th are easier draws IMO in our conf..

mcnewfamily

your right donnie. sometimes it's about the luck of the draw.

bdubyab60

Aint that the truth. Sure would like to dodge Carlilse for once LOL

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 09, 2012, 04:57:31 pm
Aint that the truth. Sure would like to dodge Carlilse for once LOL

ha yeah me 2..  well we will have to beat junction before we get to Carlisle.. 

bdubyab60

Pick your poison I guess. But I would rather go out at home than have to drive six hours back from a loss. I would rather get the one seed, a bye and take our chances at lepanto. Hopefully run the table.

Good luck to the Jags and Hounds this week.

Donnie Jamon

How it looks to me.. our conference is listed first

3rd seed gets Rison 1st rd and Carlisle 2nd rd
4th seed gets Conway Christian/Bigelow/Mt Ida 1st rd and Magnet Cove 2nd rd.. 

this doesn't look fair but it is what it is..

Donnie Jamon

If Salem's team was smart they should try n get 2nd or 4th.   Unless they win out n get home field throughout

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 09, 2012, 07:58:36 pm
If Salem's team was smart they should try n get 2nd or 4th.   Unless they win out n get home field throughout

Just to let everyone know.  Just case there is some confusion out there.  Salem is going after 1st place.     :o

bdubyab60

No sense in dropping games. You are gonna run in to a good team sooner or later.

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 09, 2012, 08:23:16 pm
No sense in dropping games. You are gonna run in to a good team sooner or later.

You got to be there to have a chance.

bdubyab60

If your in the playoffs you got a chance. Finishing second does it really buy you an extra game. I guess that depends on if you win the first one. Either way you are going to run in to a good team, or a team that has beaten that good team.

Id rather be at home that way I dont have to waste my gas money pulling the band trailer. Plus I can walk up to the game if I wanna.

If your good enough to win a state title your good enough to beat a good team at home. If not you lose out and try next year. I do get your point that that you would try and get to a later round to face a good team. Im just saying sooner or later you will and I for one would rather have that game at home than on the road.

mcnewfamily

a bye is not always a good thing. we got the bye in 09 and then played mt. pine. we coome out flat and rusty for the first two qts.

houndfan4610

the way i look at it when you get to state all the teams you're gonna face are good or they wouldn't be there-1st-2nd-3rd-4th--doesn't matter--i'll be cheerin for the 3-2A till the end...

mcnewfamily

Quote from: houndfan4610 on October 10, 2012, 08:41:49 pm
the way i look at it when you get to state all the teams you're gonna face are good or they wouldn't be there-1st-2nd-3rd-4th--doesn't matter--i'll be cheerin for the 3-2A till the end...
not always true. a few years back gillitte made it and didn't win a game.

playmaker04

Quote from: mcnewfamily on October 10, 2012, 09:21:00 pm
Quote from: houndfan4610 on October 10, 2012, 08:41:49 pm
not always true. a few years back gillitte made it and didn't win a game.
yep. Cc played them and beat them 61-0.

bdubyab60

Some conferences may have only a couple good teams. And yes sometimes teh road is easier when you play those teams that arent that good. My point is once you do run in to a good team. I would rather have home field and have that game at home than be in a 3 or 4 seed playing on the road in the second round against a good team.

If your first or second you ususally get a couple home games before you hit the road.

mcnewfamily

home field advantage always plays into the game. like you, i would always want to play at home.

Donnie Jamon

Salem peeps. What did y'all think about Malik monk tonight for epc n jr high

bdubyab60

Greyhound#1

This game will be streamed live on www.fearthehounds.com for those you that can't make it.  Hopefully the rain will stop.

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 11, 2012, 10:03:18 pm
Did he show off DJ

Monk had 2 rushes 103 yards both were for td's..  over a hundred recieving and 2 td's..  85 yard int returned for td and about 4 decleaters lol..  not a bad day of work..

Logans Mom

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 12, 2012, 09:10:23 am
This game will be streamed live on www.fearthehounds.com for those you that can't make it.  Hopefully the rain will stop.
This is great!!  I put this site on my facebook so the ones that cannot make the trip can still watch.  Thank you!!

Donnie Jamon

GL to my 2nd favorite team tonight...  GO JAGS!! 

quote from the late football genius Beano Cook,  RIP

"You only have to bat a thousand two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4 for five."

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 12, 2012, 09:13:28 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 11, 2012, 10:03:18 pm
Did he show off DJ

Monk had 2 rushes 103 yards both were for td's..  over a hundred recieving and 2 td's..  85 yard int returned for td and about 4 decleaters lol..  not a bad day of work..
I read it in the Jsun. I thought they had the receiving numbers a little low. I wasnt there so I dont know. But they reported 35 yards and 85 passing for Malone. Sounded low for the amount of points put up unless we were on short field all night.

Lions84

bdubyab60

Also Mccrory. If that #4 is a 9th grader from the junior high. Need to move him up now. Hes ready to help and would be a good change of pace back for the Jags.

Got to see him twice this year. I have no doubt that he is the best Jr. high RB in the 2a-3. Can catch it and run it.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Logans Mom on October 12, 2012, 10:07:51 am
This is great!!  I put this site on my facebook so the ones that cannot make the trip can still watch.  Thank you!!

I wish the rest of schools in our conference would stream the games.

Logans Mom

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 12, 2012, 11:06:35 am
Quote from: Logans Mom on October 12, 2012, 10:07:51 am

I wish the rest of schools in our conference would stream the games.
Me too!  That would be great.  Is it raining in Salem??

Donnie Jamon

Mrs. Best,  isn't it Friday on your last ?..  :)   of course it is..   light rain in salem right now.. 

Logans Mom

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 12, 2012, 11:27:51 am
Mrs. Best,  isn't it Friday on your last ?..  :)   of course it is..   light rain in salem right now..
You got that right!!  I broke my foot back in August and have been in a boot.  This rain is really aggravating me.... >:(!

Greyhound#1

Drizzle,  but it will be gone by game time.

houndfan4610

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 11, 2012, 09:18:55 pm
Monk is a stud--he will be a great addition to the Sr high team--another option to add to the arsenal...lol

bdubyab60

You guys might be lucky and get to see him twice this year.

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 12, 2012, 04:12:29 pm
You guys might be lucky and get to see him twice this year.

No might to it..  It will happen for sure.. The jr high season is over IMO and for other teams..  No playoffs so you might as well bring em up now and get a couple more games of experience.. 

Qdogg2000

This should be a really good game. I really think if McCrory spreads the ball around a little more they would be a better team. Not to take anything away from Mr. Best. I am a jaguar fan. I have been to a few games but all the teams we have played only think we have Mr. Best. Im not putting my jags down but when possible, If I was the other teams, I would put 8 men in the box and make u throw on me. Jaguar fans please don't take that the wrong way.

bdubyab60

Im pretty sure to DJ. Last Jr high game is next week aint it. Bring Malone up to he can help out as well. Much needed depth even if it is just to get some guys some rest down the stretch.

bdubyab60

Dont count the jags out yet. They have lost to 2 of the better teams in the conference. i think the jags bounce back tonight.

greyhound68

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 11, 2012, 09:18:55 pm
What a stud!! This kid is the real deal. Us guys on the chain gang was just amazed. 1 handed int, for 85 yds. 2 tip toe catches in the end zone. This kid looks better than  some college rec. I've seen. On one long run, he actually stopped, waited on a few guys to catch up and out juked them again. He hit #71 right in front of us and "oh my god" did he bring the thunder, this kid is fun to watch, no matter who your rooting for. By the talked to him and the rest of the starters in the 2nd half, and they seem like a great bunch of kids.  VERY RESPECTFUL!

mcnewfamily

not going too salam tonight so good luck jags. we need too pull this one out.

houndfan4610

for the Jag fans headed to Salem--rain has moved out for now-hopefully done for the night...safe travels to you...GO HOUNDS!!!!!

Kool_Hand-Luke

Big game tonight. Keep us posted

Greyhound#1

8-0 Salem.  38 yard td pass but we can't throw

Kool_Hand-Luke

Never said cant.. Said you seldom do.

Greyhound#1

Greyhound#1

16- 6 Salem. Nice td run by best

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas