• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen vs Cross County

Started by Coach95, August 21, 2018, 06:32:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach95

Should be a good one, Cross County is real big.

raider99

i40traveler

I got hazen by 1. 

Hootens has Hazen by 18.

Legend5117

Cross county is real big they get a good running game and a really good passing game but we all know defense wins games cross county is slow and I don't see them stopping Hazen but we will see good luck To both teams

Da Truff

Didn't Des Arc have their way with CC in their scrimmage?  Hazen will donkey kick DA, so by that logic Hazen should win by as much as they want.

Legend5117

Das arc did not have their way with cc Cross County had their second string defense in the whole time and half the time on offense

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legend5117 on August 21, 2018, 12:07:46 pm
Das arc did not have their way with cc Cross County had their second string defense in the whole time and half the time on offense

its amazing how that works, you get beat and next thing you know, the losing team played the 2nd team the whole time. let me guess, you also watch CNN?

Legend5117

It's a scrimmage game nobody loss and  they didn't play the starting defense and There star running back 36 barely touch the field you're not trying to get anybody hurt you just need to see what you need to work on that's what scrimmage Games are about and but I do know Des Arc did not have their way with cross county

Rida4Life

This should be Hazen's year..... I got the Hornets by 28.... Hazen's new DC will have those guys jacked up and ready to play.

Old Scrapper

Hazen will be keeping score so play the first string this time!

mr.gametime

CaptainSwarm25

First game jitters. I'll take Hornets by 20. Anymore will just be icing on our cake

Old Scrapper

I see where everyone keeps saying Toll and Penn which is a great combination, Is Green still on the team? because he was just as much a threat as the other 2 last year.

Coach95

He is on the team and he is an all state running back, whoever did one of those articles didn't talk to anyone close to the team. He is here and he's bigger and stronger than he was last year.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Coach95 on August 22, 2018, 08:16:08 am
He is on the team and he is an all state running back, whoever did one of those articles didn't talk to anyone close to the team. He is here and he's bigger and stronger than he was last year.
That's good news for Hazen.

CaptainSwarm25

Green is alive and very well. Our best back IMO. Might have a break out year and get some attention outside of the 6-2A too!

Raging_Hornetic

Green's Twitter picture is in a Razorback uni in the hogs locker room. He's already getting his attention. Green and Penn will be like thunder and lightning coming down in the 6 again this year. Toll will just be an explanation point on offense. Get ready

i40traveler

LOL over confident much?  Cross County is going to punch you in the mouth.  Hope you can take one on the chin and get back up. 

CaptainSwarm25

Not over confident just confident enough. I promise you we'll take bigger punches this year than what CC can give us.

Hatchet

CC defense is suppose to be the best in the state. I mean isn't that why they hired Wells because he was  a great defensive Coordinator?  lol this was suppose to be CC year to win it all, but the board decided to change the culture at Cross County going from conference champs to conference chumps. Hazen by 28

i40traveler

Quote from: Hatchet on August 24, 2018, 09:06:15 am
CC defense is suppose to be the best in the state. I mean isn't that why they hired Wells because he was  a great defensive Coordinator?  lol this was suppose to be CC year to win it all, but the board decided to change the culture at Cross County going from conference champs to conference chumps. Hazen by 28

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I hope Hazen represents the 6 that well though!

AverageJo24

CaptainSwarm25

GAME DAY!! Expect nothing less than a blowout today. It's about to get nasty

Old Scrapper

I hope one of you men will post the scores on the 2A score thread, I can't make the trip tonight.

big E

I'm going up to watch this one I'll post it for you.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: big E on August 24, 2018, 04:58:46 pm
I'm going up to watch this one I'll post it for you.
Thank You sir.

Legend5117

Old Scrapper

Well looks Cross Co had a little something waiting on Hazen when they got there!

Old Scrapper

Legend5117

CaptainSwarm25

It seems we have perfected the run to the right and left. 18 unanswered 👀

hornetfan8

Sounds like CC scoring first woke the hornets up tonight!!

Old Scrapper

hornetfan8

Great way to start off the season

Legend5117

August 24, 2018, 10:06:28 pm #34 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:08:03 pm by Legend5117
One great ball game 26-20 Hazen cross county really surprise me get them penalties cleaned up I wouldn't want to play them again Good luck to both teams Have a great season

mr.gametime

Hazen vs Des Arc just got a bit more interesting

CaptainSwarm25

Yea maybe a little. BT battles through bronchitis so he missed most of the game and it showed. Line's a little weak/ out of shape but that'll fix itself come week 4/5. Shaky start but at least we got a W!

Dogg

Swarm I didn't see him miss much. Came out some plays in the 4th. Don't know why Hazen just didn't run the clock out at the end. That was almost a scoop and score for CC

CaptainSwarm25

Well he was out there but he wasn't if you know what I'm getting at. He's been battling bronchitis all week and struggled with normal breathing all game. I didn't understand that either. The play before the fumble our back was carrying the ball like it was a loaf of bread. Gotta get all that fixed before conference play for sure.

brown2010

Cross County wins game if they run clock out before half. Would have been 10-8 instead 18-8.

big E

Cross county wins if they are not still running in between the tackles with 2 minutes left in the 4th. They pass3b the ball fairly well all night but crunch time they dont throw it , the had a couple of kids outside that could go and didn't get the ball in there hands. Beats me oh well good win Hornets.

Old Scrapper

Would've like to have a little more than a one score victory but I think this tight game will do both teams some good, Now Hazen boys need to get to work because CC just showed everyone preseason rankings mean nothing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on August 25, 2018, 08:43:12 am
Would've like to have a little more than a one score victory but I think this tight game will do both teams some good, Now Hazen boys need to get to work because CC just showed everyone preseason rankings mean nothing.

preseason rankings are good for 2 things,

1. gives us something to debate........

2. the players start reading them and getting the big head.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 25, 2018, 08:58:24 am #43 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:00:11 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Dogg on August 24, 2018, 11:41:51 pm
Swarm I didn't see him miss much. Came out some plays in the 4th. Don't know why Hazen just didn't run the clock out at the end. That was almost a scoop and score for CC

evidently he was pretty bad last night. they took him to the e.r. and still has on his football pants.

so say a prayer for the young man. he has a chance to be a special football player.

who-knew

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 24, 2018, 10:36:35 pm
Hazen vs Des Arc just got a bit more interesting

Not Really, CC played well and give them credit for being able to stay in the game.  Hazen shot themselves in the foot on several occasions.   Sloppy play for Hazen in this game and this will give the coaches alot of things to clean up before conference play begins.

playmaker04

Quote from: brown2010 on August 25, 2018, 05:51:59 am
Cross County wins game if they run clock out before half. Would have been 10-8 instead 18-8.
you're right Brown. Garbage Td at end of the half.

playmaker04

Quote from: who-knew on August 25, 2018, 09:02:57 am
Not Really, CC played well and give them credit for being able to stay in the game.  Hazen shot themselves in the foot on several occasions.   Sloppy play for Hazen in this game and this will give the coaches alot of things to clean up before conference play begins.
if Hazen can't hold onto the football they are in for a long season. I believe they fumbled5 times and recovered them all. Won't always be that fortunate.

Dogg

Quote from: who-knew on August 25, 2018, 09:02:57 am
CC made some costly mistakes too and could have won the game

Old Scrapper

Even tho both teams made mistakes and had sloppy play it's still nice to start off the year with a road victory.

Coach95

Someone from Cross County needs to get ahold of dad out on the field cursing and acting a fool around all those kids, players and cheerleaders, while we were shaking hands. I understand it's not his first or second incident either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas