• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything on Mount Ida?

Started by OLionSwag74, August 20, 2018, 08:33:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OLionSwag74

Does anyone have any updates on Mount Ida?

WorkOrder

Saw them at team camp. Gonna be pretty salty if they keep everyone healthy. Only had like 18 kids.

Paperman

They will be good, but very little depth. I think this is their last cycle in 11-man football however. If they have any key injuries the season could go South pretty quickly.

mr.gametime

Quote from: WorkOrder on August 20, 2018, 10:48:53 am
Saw them at team camp. Gonna be pretty salty if they keep everyone healthy. Only had like 18 kids.

Why so low numbers with all the winning Tradition at that school in recent years.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 21, 2018, 07:31:44 pm
Why so low numbers with all the winning Tradition at that school in recent years.

For one thing it has alot to do with #'s and class size there are just fewer kids. I have been around the program now for 10yrs and its just that for whatever reason the few kids that are in those classes have just never bought into the dedication required to be successful in athletics. That pretty much sums up the problem numbers and dedication with deficiencies in both aspects.

Hampton441

HOLLYWOOD

Hope they can manage to still have a football team. Very good program

N2DEEP

There just is not alot around Mt Ida for families to move into. Small class sizes will dictate low numbers. I was told they had 16-18 players and will probably move to 8 man football next year.

stuck in between

Is this one of the rare occasions where the female to male student ratio is off kilter or just lack of interest? According to the 2018-2020 reclassification Ida is indeed the third smallest school in thei conference behind Mineral Springs and Foreman with an average enrollment of 121.67. Using the normal law of averages this should give you somewhere around 60 male students to draw from. If only half of them would play you would have a team of 30. That would be a more than respectable amount for 2-A ball. I know I am not the only one who has ran these #'s, but if towns like Mineral Springs and Strong can keep fielding a team there has got to be a way for a place with Ida's tradition and success to stay afloat. I know it's a rarity, but Foreman kwho has smaller enrollment than Mount Ida is dressing out close to 35 this year. My point is the kids have to be there. It's not all small #'s. The driving force has to be lack of inteterest. There should be ways to resolve that.

OLionSwag74

Lol, can't wait for that week 7 matchup.

Bigpoppie

Seems like everyone/most in 2a is facing numbers problems.  Laf .Co averaged 34-38 last 3 years. I only see 18 in team picture.  Ive heard everyone is 7-2a is low except for Gurdon and Foreman.

Redzone

7-2a enrollment numbers 2018

Mineral Springs - 89
Foreman - 120
Mt. Ida - 121
Dierks - 127
Spring Hill - 143
Lafayette Co. - 144
Murfreesboro - 151
Gurdon - 174

IdaLions

After this year Mount Ida will experience a few down years, but the junior should improve this year and it seems the pee wee program is headed back in the right direction. Hopefully good things to come for Mount Ida.

OLionSwag74

Went to check out practice yesterday, looks like Ida will suit out 20 this year.

friscokid

Mount Ida dropping to 8-man in 2020 will raise the profile of that classification mightily just on name basis alone.

swarkball

Quote from: Redzone on August 22, 2018, 08:37:43 am
7-2a enrollment numbers 2018

Mineral Springs - 89
Foreman - 120
Mt. Ida - 121
Dierks - 127
Spring Hill - 143
Lafayette Co. - 144
Murfreesboro - 151
Gurdon - 174
LC will go as far to file restraining orders to keep some kids there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas