• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle vs. Bearden

Started by Yogi bear, August 19, 2018, 12:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 20, 2018, 11:38:39 pm
Usually mid twenties. Most I've counted them was 32 if memory serves me right.

I never counted.  Last time i seen Earle play has been a while.  Was Earle a 3A school just a few years back?

Dogg

Pit Bull

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 08:43:03 pm
This was more of a scrimmage game then anything.  Niether team went hard and heavy.  Alot of other school coaches were in attendence so both Earle and Bearden stayed on a pretty standard offense and defense. 

Earle has some big bodies especially the bus they have running the ball sometimes.  They blocked well and gave rbs alot of room to work with.  Earle's passing will the spot they need to work on.  Even thou this is a run first team the few passes they did throw were badly off or intercepted. 

Bearden has young talent and the YOUNG part definitely shows.  I liked what I saw from the Bears thou.  I believe how well and fast the Bears have learned this offense as well as they have will surprise some teams.  Defense is where the most work will need to be done.  The little things such as taking better angles pursuing ball carrier and getting off blocks which I believe can be developed and toned well by the end of the season.  Also, Bears starts had a touchdown called back for unsportsmanlike conduct celebrating off a pick 6 and did it again on another play.  Little things like that will kill any team.

Going to be a interesting year for the Bears and I wish Earle best luck on their upcoming season.

Go Bears!!!!

The Bus is called "Big Suge The Pancaker Maker!" better get some tackle drills in....

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 21, 2018, 08:55:45 am
The Bus is called "Big Suge The Pancaker Maker!" better get some tackle drills in....

Earle had a pretty good rotation for him too so he wouldn't be exhausted.   

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 21, 2018, 08:55:45 am

No doubt! You hit him above the waist, and your going to get steam rolled! Bearden adapted pretty good to him after a couple of series.

Rida4Life

I heard one of the Bearden players had a pretty gruesome injury thanks to a poorly attached Earle face mask.  Anyone got details?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 21, 2018, 01:07:08 pm
I heard one of the Bearden players had a pretty gruesome injury thanks to a poorly attached Earle face mask.  Anyone got details?

No I think Bearden was pretty much injury-free the whole night!  But I think there was a couple official timeouts for at least one Earle player, you may want to check on him! Just asking for a friend

old.dole

Backwoods Bart

old.dole

Buddy of mine said a Bearden kid had to get a bunch of stitches from equipment malfunction from an Earle player. He aint one to make up a bunch of stuff like that

Dogg

If it was an equipment malfunction from an Earle player, why didn't the ref remove the kid from the game with the equipment malfunction and make the coaching staff aware of it?

Yogi bear

Dogg

Hope he recovers and has a good season

Yogi bear

Yes sir I'm sure he will bounce back. Y'all weren't kidding about the big running back. Y'all have a good year.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 21, 2018, 01:07:08 pm

I had no idea we had an injury like that last night. Jr. didn't mention it on the drive home.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Dogg on August 21, 2018, 05:31:20 pm
If it was an equipment malfunction from an Earle player, why didn't the ref remove the kid from the game with the equipment malfunction and make the coaching staff aware of it?

Great point, Earle didn't have anyone removed from the game because of faulty equipment so it was probably something on the Bearden field or trying to stop the Pancaker Maker...

old.dole

Called him back and asked and he said it was a screw on a helmet?

Dogg

old.dole

And apparently the kid had to come out to fix the issue. I wasn't there just going on what I was told

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 22, 2018, 08:58:20 am
Great point, Earle didn't have anyone removed from the game because of faulty equipment so it was probably something on the Bearden field or trying to stop the Pancaker Maker...

#5 was awsome! Good luck going forward.

Dogg

Quote from: old.dole on August 22, 2018, 06:45:48 pm
And apparently the kid had to come out to fix the issue. I wasn't there just going on what I was told
I know what you intended

Dogg

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 22, 2018, 07:49:02 pm
#5 was awsome! Good luck going forward.
We had a couple of LB's that didn't make the trip. #5 is going to be a monster to deal with. I've been telling people in town we are better than last year

old.dole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas