• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 10/13-10/18

Started by 1-Adam-12, October 14, 2014, 01:10:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Booneville eases past Mulberry in 3
Shiloh beats Waldron in 3

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated Searcy in 3 sets

Set 1.  25-3
Set 2.  25-8
Set 3.  25-7

Season record 22-6
Conference     10-2

Vballfan

Jonesboro defeated Cabot 3-1

1-Adam-12

Paris clinches the 3A West beating Booneville 25-11 25-17 25-17.
Russellville wins the 6A/7A Central with a sweep over GW.
Ashdown upends Waldron in 5.
MSM over Van Buren in 4.

Per twitter.

rudycharlie

Powerhouse volleyball in Bentonville tonight. BV over Southside in tough contested match. 25-16, 16-25, 18-25, 25-19, 16-14.  In the 199 points played, BV wins 100pts to SS's 99pts.  They should meet again in the finals of 7A.  Southside definitely stepped it up after a dismal showing in Conway's tourney last Saturday.  They just didn't play well then and let a Russellville team pay them back after Russellville losing to them in non conference straight set loss in August.

After watching Russellville and Bentonville play several times, Bentonville is the superior team.  Better passers, better libero, better setter, better coach, and deeper bench. Both have potential POY on the strong side however.  Bentonville just has more weapons and plays error free a lot.

Valleysports

Well Rudy - that game between Russellville & Southside (when SS had all players healthy) was a dead heat 28-26, 25-23, 26-24.  That was some good VB. Can you imagine if this was football, Russellville being compared to a school with a student body as big as the town of Russellville?  This is high school volleyball - enjoy it for what it is.  Have fun traveling with the girls - it'll be over and forgotten history before you know it?

rudycharlie

In the August Russellville/Southside match, it was very tight.  Russellville still using the same lineup basically as it did then while Southside with an big influx of sophomores, coupla junior transfers, the loss of the 2013 POY, they used some 14 players in the match just experimenting with rotation personnel.  As you infer, SS is not healthy, last Saturday's Southside defeat was with two starters out with torn ACL's.  Russellville is a stronger team now with a consistent time tested rotation  and will cruise to the 6A championship.

By the way, Southside(10-12) has somewhere around 1500 students while I think Russellville(10-12) has around 1200 students.  Bigger but not like comparing a school like Valley View that has only 1000 or so students for grades 7-12.

You're right, it'll all be over before you know.  It is enjoyable to watch, but don't know if it'll be forgotten anytime soon.  If anyone would have told me that watching these young ladies play volleyball would get your blood boiling, I would have never believed them. Ha.

Valleysports

Quote from: rudycharlie on October 15, 2014, 09:25:19 am
As you infer, SS is not healthy, last Saturday's Southside defeat was with two starters out with torn ACL's.  Russellville is a stronger team now with a consistent time tested rotation and will cruise to the 6A championship.
So Bentonville struggled with an unhealthy, two starters out torn ACL's, Southside?  Same team Russellville played 3 days earlier?

There's no need to fret about Russellville's success - Southside plays in the 7A - Russellville plays in the 6A.  Notice there are no Russellville Posters here, other than me, and I don't have kids in school.  However I was sitting by Baitshop in August - watching 3 Seniors, who will be playing for TECH next year.  I'm aware of who's on the court.

Quote from: rudycharlie on October 15, 2014, 09:25:19 am
By the way, Southside(10-12) has somewhere around 1500 students while I think Russellville(10-12) has around 1200 students.  Bigger but not like comparing a school like Valley View that has only 1000 or so students for grades 7-12.
Quote from: Valleysports on October 15, 2014, 07:46:37 am
Can you imagine if this was football, Russellville being compared to a school Bentonville?

hogtied

October 15, 2014, 11:41:10 am #8 Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:51:06 pm by hogtied
I think we'll get em next time.

sevenof400

I'll throw this out there (if it hasn't already been discussed elsewhere). 

Russellville had an excellent feeder system to their varsity program in their two junior high schools that will continue to bear fruit for the next few years.  Both coaches worked and developed their squads and it is no surprise the Russellville varsity is outstanding.  I'm sure JO fits into this equation somewhere as well but there is a lot of good stuff going on in Russellville volleyball.

It is too bad the powers that be in the Russellville school system managed to give absolutely no concern, care or consideration to this fact (plus the hundred or so other opportunities for students in the various sports and other extra curricular activities) when they recombined their junior high schools. 

At any rate, congratulations and well done to those individuals who have worked so hard in building the foundation for success that exists in Russellville.

Vballfan

Cabot over Searcy in 3. Cabot has Valley View Monday, West Memphis Tuesday and at Batesville Thursday.

ricepig

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland over Westside tonight , Conference Champs

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated West Memphis

Set 1.  25-7
Set 2.  25-5
Set 3.  25-10

Conference record 11-2

Diane Phillips (Jr.) 14 kills, 12 digs and 2 aces
Annalee Parker (So.) 9 kills, 9 digs and 3 aces
Hope Phipps (So.) 21 digs

Valleysports

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 16, 2014, 10:17:57 pm
Marion defeated West Memphis

Set 1.  25-7
Set 2.  25-5
Set 3.  25-10

Conference record 11-2

Diane Phillips (Jr.) 14 kills, 12 digs and 2 aces
Annalee Parker (So.) 9 kills, 9 digs and 3 aces
Hope Phipps (So.) 21 digs

I like seeing those digs!  ;)

FogHornLegHorn11

Paris easily handled Westfork last night. Jr and sr high win conference. Looking for a state title this year for the eagles!!
But gotta give a shout-out to those junior high girls. This makes back-to-back-to-back conference champs! These 9th graders have never lost a conference game! And to the best of my understanding in regular season play, went undefeated in 7th, in 8th grade they lost only to greenwood. This year, their only loss is to greenwood. Some of my stats may be a little off, but either way, Paris has the makings coming up to be a volleyball powerhouse for years to come in the 3A

1-Adam-12

October 17, 2014, 10:45:30 pm #16 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:59:32 pm by 1-Adam-12
Thursday night Mansfield over Booneville in 4. Lady Tigers get #2 seed for 3A West Tournament.

We were without our best hitter due to illness but we won't use that as an excuse.  Our libero filled in at hitter and did a great job, and the girl that took her place at libero was solid.

Our jr. high had a slow start but has been coming on. 18 wins so far this season and #2 seed in district.  Logan County could be a hotbed for small school volleyball the next few years.

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats Brookland Jr girls Conference and District Champs!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas