• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 10/6-10/11

Started by 1-Adam-12, October 07, 2014, 07:01:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

October 07, 2014, 07:01:46 pm Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:02:48 pm by 1-Adam-12
Last night Mena over Booneville in 3.  Mena is 17-1 on the season.  The Ville is not bad either (12-5).

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated Cabot in 3 sets

Set 1.  25-17
Set 2.  25-11
Set 3.  25-18

Marion improves to 19-4
Conference 8-2

Marion travels to Jonesboro 10/9 to take on the Hurricane.

ricepig

NLR defeats Jonesboro in 3.

Addicted

Russellville beat Siloam in 5.   I Wasn't as impressed with Russellville as I thought I would be.   They made a lot of errors.   Maybe it was an off night.   Having watched both now, I stick with my POY choice as Anna LeDuc from Bentonville. 

Vballfan

Marion was much more impressive tonight than when they came to Cabot.  Jealous of the passing and pin point sets. Should be a good match with Russellville if they meet in the tournament.

Marionvolleyballdad

Vballfan does your daughter play for Cabot?  Were you at the game?

Vballfan

October 08, 2014, 06:10:38 am #6 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:57:24 am by Vballfan
Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 07, 2014, 10:35:15 pm
Vballfan does your daughter play for Cabot?  Were you at the game?

Yes, #22.  She didn't get to do a whole lot against you guys this game.  Marion plays great defense, passes well and runs their offense as fast as anyone I have seen. Very Impressive.

Marionvolleyballdad

Your daughter is a very good player.  My daughter is #13.  She plays outside hitter and back left.  Both teams have a bright future.

Vballfan

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 08, 2014, 07:44:32 am
Your daughter is a very good player.  My daughter is #13.  She plays outside hitter and back left.  Both teams have a bright future.
Thank you.  #13 is as good as anyone I have seen in the state.  I suggested to my daughter before the game to stay with her wherever she goes (along with the other OH) but she still got her kills :)    Good luck the rest of the way and see you in club season.

rudycharlie

Just some thoughts and comments on the 7A-West....Bentonville pretty much has the 7A-West locked up, even if they lose to Southside in their next meeting, it won't be enough to get Southside to conference top.  In the first Bentonville/Southside conference match, SSide was up a set and ahead 20-16 in the second set when SSide's wheels fell off and they lost.  Southside resorting to their deep bench.  They lost a 6' starter in the beginning of the season with a torn ACL and now have lost another starter(5' 11") to the same injury that happened during the Bentonville match.  Southside should take second in conference providing another victory over Fayetteville(SS beat them in 3 sets at Fayetteville last time out).

I predict another Bentonville vs Southside rematch for the 7A Championship. Its a toss up.

P.S. A good Conway tourney this Saturday will potentially pit some good teams against one another, Southside, Russellville,  N.Little Rock, and Marion all participating.

Valleysports

October 09, 2014, 12:26:30 pm #10 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:28:07 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Addicted on October 07, 2014, 09:02:47 pm
Russellville beat Siloam in 5.   I Wasn't as impressed with Russellville as I thought I would be.   They made a lot of errors.   Maybe it was an off night.   Having watched both now, I stick with my POY choice as Anna LeDuc from Bentonville.

Russellville swept the teams that swept Siloam - are you seriously wondering if they were having a bad night? 

Vballfan

Quote from: rudycharlie on October 09, 2014, 12:15:11 pm
Just some thoughts and comments on the 7A-West....Bentonville pretty much has the 7A-West locked up, even if they lose to Southside in their next meeting, it won't be enough to get Southside to conference top.  In the first Bentonville/Southside conference match, SSide was up a set and ahead 20-16 in the second set when SSide's wheels fell off and they lost.  Southside resorting to their deep bench.  They lost a 6' starter in the beginning of the season with a torn ACL and now have lost another starter(5' 11") to the same injury that happened during the Bentonville match.  Southside should take second in conference providing another victory over Fayetteville(SS beat them in 3 sets at Fayetteville last time out).

I predict another Bentonville vs Southside rematch for the 7A Championship. Its a toss up.

P.S. A good Conway tourney this Saturday will potentially pit some good teams against one another, Southside, Russellville,  N.Little Rock, and Marion all participating.

Add to the Conway tournament Nettleton, Benton, Valley View, Jonesboro, Etc.  I agree Bentonville looks like the clear favorite in 7A.  Wouldn't surprise me to see NLR or even Fayetteville edge out Southside for the finals based on the injuries they have sustained but Southside certainly gets a nod on experience in the tournament.

1-Adam-12

If one prefers a smaller venue for a tournament while still seeing some quality volleyball Paris will have a very good tournament on Saturday.

Ten of the 12 teams in the tournament made their respective state tournament last season, and both of those teams (Huntsville, Lavaca) are improved.

It starts at 9:00 and the pools are as follows:

Pool A: Booneville, Lavaca, Rogers Heritage, Jessieville
Pool B: Mena, Mansfield, Pea Ridge, Atkins
Pool C: Paris, Farmington, Huntsville, Fountain Lake

A good cross-section of teams across several classifications.

ricepig

Marion defeats Jonesboro in 4.

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion traveled to Jonesboro and defeated the Hurricane in 4 sets

Set 1.  25-17
Set 2.  27-25
Set 3.  20-25
Set 4.  25-17

Season     20-4
Conference 9-2

Next up is the Conway Tournament this Saturday (10/11)

1-Adam-12

Booneville def. Lavaca (15-25 25-23 25-22 25-17)
Paris over Jessieville (25-16 25-14 25-17)

Vballfan

Mountain Home defeated Cabot in 4.  Jonesboro travels to Cabot Tuesday. 

snowhawk16

Mansfield over Union Christian in 3.

Valleysports

October 11, 2014, 10:45:29 am #18 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:12:04 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Vballfan on October 07, 2014, 09:40:36 pm
Should be a good match with Russellville if they meet in the tournament.

Marion won't be playing Russellville this year...................

Valleysports

Quote from: Vballfan on October 09, 2014, 01:18:19 pm
Add to the Conway tournament Nettleton, Benton, Valley View, Jonesboro, Etc. Wouldn't surprise me to see NLR or even Fayetteville edge out Southside for the finals based on the injuries they have sustained but Southside certainly gets a nod on experience in the tournament.

Russellville Swept it..........

Vballfan

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2014, 05:26:02 pm
Quote from: Vballfan on October 09, 2014, 01:18:19 pm
Add to the Conway tournament Nettleton, Benton, Valley View, Jonesboro, Etc. Wouldn't surprise me to see NLR or even Fayetteville edge out Southside for the finals based on the injuries they have sustained but Southside certainly gets a nod on experience in the tournament.

That's great.  Maybe the AAA would save us all the hassle of having to travel and just crown Russellville and Bentonville or better yet let them play :). Just kidding but I have seen too many volleyball teams look great one day and lay an egg the next. Glad that Russellville is playing well. 

Valleysports

Quote from: Vballfan on October 11, 2014, 10:19:14 pm

That's great.  Maybe the AAA would save us all the hassle of having to travel and just crown Russellville and Bentonville or better yet let them play :). Just kidding but I have seen too many volleyball teams look great one day and lay an egg the next. Glad that Russellville is playing well.

That not "just kidding" - I've witnessed Cabot Sportsmanship for decades!

Vballfan

Quote from: Valleysports on October 12, 2014, 05:53:50 am
Quote from: Vballfan on October 11, 2014, 10:19:14 pm

That not "just kidding" - I've witnessed Cabot Sportsmanship for decades!

Reread my posts. Bentonville and russellville are clearly a step above everyone in the state in their respective classes and have been all year. Marion I believe is the only team that has a chance to compete in 6A from what I have seen but they are very young and clearly russellville is the favorite.  Good luck at state.

Valleysports

October 12, 2014, 10:05:15 am #23 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:25:56 am by Valleysports
Yeah I reread it - my post was that Russellville won the Conway Tournament.  It was a follow up to you're and rudyCharlie's anticipation that some good teams would be matched up.  I wasn't there (just know Russellville's results). Were you or rudyCharlie?  Marionvolleyballdad?  How did Jonesboro, NLR, Benton, all these good match ups go?

QuoteA good Conway tourney this Saturday will potentially pit some good teams against one another, Southside, Russellville,  N.Little Rock, and Marion all participating.
QuoteAdd to the Conway tournament Nettleton, Benton, Valley View, Jonesboro, Etc. Wouldn't surprise me to see NLR or even Fayetteville edge out Southside for the finals

Looks like Jonesboro (E2) will play Benton (S1), in the playoffs?  Did they play this weekend?  Why do you think Marion is more competitive than Benton?  Benton and Lake Hamilton play Tues (S1 & S2?).

Vballfan

Quote from: Valleysports on October 12, 2014, 10:05:15 am
Yeah I reread it - my post was that Russellville won the Conway Tournament.  It was a follow up to you're and rudyCharlie's anticipation that some good teams would be matched up.  I wasn't there (just know Russellville's results). Were you or rudyCharlie?  Marionvolleyballdad?  How did Jonesboro, NLR, Benton, all these good match ups go?

QuoteA good Conway tourney this Saturday will potentially pit some good teams against one another, Southside, Russellville,  N.Little Rock, and Marion all participating.
QuoteAdd to the Conway tournament Nettleton, Benton, Valley View, Jonesboro, Etc. Wouldn't surprise me to see NLR or even Fayetteville edge out Southside for the finals

Looks like Jonesboro (E2) will play Benton (S1), in the playoffs?  Did they play this weekend?  Why do you think Marion is more competitive than Benton?  Benton and Lake Hamilton play Tues (S1 & S2?).

Cabot has played all of the teams that appear to have a shot at the 6A title in either tournaments or regular season. My 6A ranking.  1) russellville 2) marion 3) benton 4) Mtn home.  5) jonesboro.

We never made it out of the bronze gym this weekend so can't comment on the Conway tournament other than benton looked like they had their hands full with MSM on the court adjacent and valley view looks like the favorite in 5A

Marionvolleyballdad

I was at the Conway tournament yesterday.  Our team (Marion) did not perform as I had hoped they would.  Russellville played very consistent yesterday.  I got to see pieces of their games.  They handled Nettleton with ease but then they took on Batesville and won but struggled at times in that match.  Marion is young but with that being said when they are all on their game they can compete with anyone in  6A.  I'm excited about the 6A tournament.  One team that might surprise everyone could be Mountain Home.  They are playing well at this point in the season.  I look forward to the tournament in Mountain Home. 

Go Marion Patriots!!!

hogtied

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 12, 2014, 11:25:06 am
I was at the Conway tournament yesterday.  Our team (Marion) did not perform as I had hoped they would.  Russellville played very consistent yesterday.  I got to see pieces of their games.  They handled Nettleton with ease but then they took on Batesville and won but struggled at times in that match.  Marion is young but with that being said when they are all on their game they can compete with anyone in  6A.  I'm excited about the 6A tournament.  One team that might surprise everyone could be Mountain Home.  They are playing well at this point in the season.  I look forward to the tournament in Mountain Home. 

Go Marion Patriots!!!

Marion lost to Bryant last in 6a central.  Greenwood and Siloam Springs would be 1 and 2 in east.  Russellville walked though Southside and Conway, who is second in central and spanked Marian too.

Marionvolleyballdad

I agree that we did get spanked by Conway.  They are a good team and have good blockers.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 12, 2014, 04:05:01 pm #28 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:15:03 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
per Jonesboro Sun today
Brookland (19-6) won the Conway Lady Cat Bronze Division by defeating Cabot 20-25, 25-19,15-9
also beat in bracket play
MSM 25-14, 25-22
LR Central 25-14, 23-25, 15-10

Pool Play
Beat NLR 25-22, 28-26
lost to Batesville 21-25, 19-25

Madison Sandborn 44 kills, 6 aces, 20 digs, 3 blocks
Alexa Thompson 39-42 serving, 4 aces, 20 kills,  6 blocks, 23 digs
Bailey Brown 26-26 serving, 47 assist, 34 digs
Shelby Allen 47-50 serving, 45 assist, 23 digs

Vballfan

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 12, 2014, 04:05:01 pm
per Jonesboro Sun today
Brookland (19-6) won the Conway Lady Cat Bronze Division by defeating Cabot 20-25, 25-19,15-9
MSM 25-14, 25-22

Pool Play
Beat NLR 25-22, 28-26

Congrats on the win vs NLR. They will almost certainly win the 7/6A East.  They are a pretty good team and have the victories over the course of the season to back up that statement. It was a good match in the championship. Brookland simply outplayed cabot for the win. This is why I mentioned this was a deep tournament, not to slight russellville or anyone else that may be better. Cabot is improving. A good off season and with JO and the girls should be stronger next year and the year after. Maybe not top level strong but they have a chance.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 12, 2014, 06:23:06 pm #30 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:32:32 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Vballfan on October 12, 2014, 05:00:04 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 12, 2014, 04:05:01 pm
per Jonesboro Sun today
MSM 25-14, 25-22

Pool Play
Beat NLR 25-22, 28-26

Congrats on the win vs NLR. They will almost certainly win the 7/6A East.  They are a pretty good team and have the victories over the course of the season to back up that statement. It was a good match in the championship. Brookland simply outplayed cabot for the win. This is why I mentioned this was a deep tournament, not to slight russellville or anyone else that may be better. Cabot is improving. A good off season and with JO and the girls should be stronger next year and the year after. Maybe not top level strong but they have a chance.

Thank you,I know our girls work hard, I know more of the Basketball parents  than Vball parents and usually keep track of them more, but I know our girls are undefeated in conference so far this year. Going to this tourney would make our girls work hard vs some of the Best compitition in Arkansas.

Good luck to Cabot in conference !!

1-Adam-12

In the Paris Tourney Rogers Heritage won the Gold division beating Mena in the finals.  Farmington won the Silver division.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2014, 12:26:30 pm

Russellville swept the teams that swept Siloam - are you seriously wondering if they were having a bad night? 

Russellville is the best team in the state.

Addicted

Vballfan

October 13, 2014, 06:22:13 pm #34 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:26:51 pm by Vballfan
There is real debate and participation in this thread. Maybe they will upgrade us from a "child board". I haven't seen Bentonville play, but I can say I think russellville is the best team Cabot has played.  I can opine if Cabot wins its first round state game as they will then most likely play Bentonville.

Valleysports

So anyway - are Jonesboro and Mountain Home playing for E2 & E3 Thursday?

Addicted

I will take Bentonville.  Coach Smith is worth 3-5 points alone.  They have strong seniors and Sadie Pate has really come on.  Question will never be answered because of the two classes though. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Addicted on October 13, 2014, 08:25:54 pm
I will take Bentonville.  Coach Smith is worth 3-5 points alone.  They have strong seniors and Sadie Pate has really come on.  Question will never be answered because of the two classes though.

Bentonville sounds like they have a really good Vball team, Brookland basketball girls travel over there Nov 15th , should be a good game.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 13, 2014, 07:03:42 pm

For all practical purposes, Jonesboro will still have to host Searcy on the next Tuesday.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2014, 11:30:32 am
Quote from: Valleysports on October 13, 2014, 07:03:42 pm

For all practical purposes, Jonesboro will still have to host Searcy on the next Tuesday.

Penciling in my bracket - Marion (E1), Russellville (C1), & Benton (S1).
East - Jonesboro / Mtn Home battle for E2 & E3 tomorrow night.  Jonesboro won first round 3-1.   
Central - Greenwood (E2) held tiebreaker over Siloam Springs (E3).
South - anyone know anything about these people?  lol  El Dorado, Sheridan, Texarkana, Parkview - have a long drive ahead of them, to play Greenwood, Siloam Springs, Jonesboro, & Mtn Home.

MarionBlueDevil

Lot of love for Russellville on here. Got me shaking as a Marion supporter.

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on October 15, 2014, 06:38:26 pm

Valley knows his volleyball, not much on football, but he kills it in volleyball.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2014, 07:24:14 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on October 15, 2014, 06:38:26 pm

Valley knows his volleyball, not much on football, but he kills it in volleyball.

Ha ha!  Well at least I know something.............

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas