• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jr high boys basketball

Started by Realisticfan, February 12, 2006, 09:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Realisticfan

Who do yal think are some of the good 9th grade basketball teams in the state of arkansas?

Realisticfan

i Personally think it is benton's. i am a little biased but they are good.  16-5 1st place in the central arkansas conference beating teams like russellville, conway, and morrilton. looks to win conference.

CHAMPION_#1

well the 4-aa has two really good teams but they consists of 8th and 9nth graders. hackett who only lost two games, co conference champs and runner up in district and then u have chalreston who was 16-3, co conference champs and won district. two very immpressive teams.

Blue Collar

Have to say CAC. They lost to PA by 4 in the District Semi-Finals. They had a great team that will help the Varsity guys a lot.

Prodigy

Quote from: Blue Collar on February 13, 2006, 06:23:17 pm
Have to say CAC. They lost to PA by 4 in the District Semi-Finals. They had a great team that will help the Varsity guys a lot.
Thanks for respecting CAC but they are no where close to being the best in the state!!! Now PA I think could compete w/ all the bigger schools but not CAC!!!

Blue Collar

Quote from: Prodigy on February 13, 2006, 07:15:56 pm
Quote from: Blue Collar on February 13, 2006, 06:23:17 pm
Thanks for respecting CAC but they are no where close to being the best in the state!!! Now PA I think could compete w/ all the bigger schools but not CAC!!!
I was basically saying that they are good team but not the best in the state of arkansas.

HOGDOG

Osceola and Wonder Jr High Boys from West Memphis are really good and will have a chance to become great high school teams.

ocangels

Benton Jr High - David Torres is a great coach.

eaglesflyhigher

Yeah, the Benton Jr. High coach is good. But whew, a little hyper.......

key_stone12

Woodland has Gulley.... but Elmwood is HUGE... 3 guys 6'4'' or taller...

dierksfanatic

Prescott had a real good jr. boys team. And Van Cove for being an A school was outstanding.

FUTURECHSQB

Charleston Jr. High won the district championship over Hackett.  They were down by eleven at one point in the fourth quarter.  Charleston who was led by Tyler Davis and Chris Brown came back to win in the final minute.  Brown hit a three to put them ahead by one and they never looked back.  They ended up winning 30-31.  Hackett is a tough team who beat us earlier in the year at their place , but we beat them at Charleston.  

greatone2k5

How bout CAC....... 8th grader Frankie Macon will play sum 4 the Jr. Mustags as an 8th grader and the Westside Warriors junior high might not B that bad

Bone Thug

jacksonville was 16-3 they lost to NP NLR and Cabot north

SamBam

May 30, 2006, 01:29:18 pm #14 Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:36:27 pm by SamBam
Blytheville and Greene County Tech in AAAA-east

Blytheville has a ton of speed and power while tech has height and sharpshooters

division 1

I am the best player in the state...... how about that and i am from mayflower in anybody wants to play me one on one or we could get a team

AF&B

Magazine will be alot better than last year
we had one 9th grader and he quit befor the 4th game

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden was a decent team they were district champs only losing 3 games

MIAMI_CANES

magazine will never be good.

AF&B

MIAMI_CANES

its junior high basketball who really cares until u get to senior high.

AF&B

just because it is Jr. high instead of Sr. high makes no difference besides popularity

AF&B

MIAMI_CANES

popularity has nothin to do with it.

Juco soldier

speaking of the Bearden Jr. High, they were pretty good.  Of the 3 games they lost, I believe that all 3 were AAA teams.  They lost to Fordyce, Ashdown in their tournament, and I think Prescott at the Fordyce Tourny.  That Ashdown team looked impressive last year also winning the Bearden tourny beating 3 good teams. Don't know how well they did other than that.  Fordyce has Cory Carr's younger brother on the squad for next year also.

Bearden_Bear72

Yea we lost to ashdown in the bearden tourny, we never got a chance to play them again and then fordyce was our first game of the season and they beat us but then we beat them the second and third time we playd them and Prescott had a squad i dont think there are many teams in the state who can beat them

Ronyfreak

im gonna say lrc will dominate this year

nitsua619

its only a 2a school but M'boro is going to be really good this year i think

alpha6

Hot Springs has the best 9th grade team in the state--if you want to see power mixed with speed watch Hot Springs Jr. Boys play this year--someone said Benton was good they beat Benton this summer by 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alpha6

Hot Springs they have two guys 6-4, 6-3, and some really good guards---they beat benton this summer in jesseville by 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas