• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint Knights

Started by 5-wide, June 11, 2011, 04:43:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5-wide

What is the outlook for the Knights this season?  How'd spring ball go and what does the schedule look like for the summer?

whippersnapper

They were at the mena team camp last monday. Glad to see they changed their offense to something that will help them compete more. From my point of view they look like a 3-5 win 3a team.

spoony luv

whippersnapper

Last year when we played them they ran multiple i formation. At the camp they lined up in wing slot offense.

5-wide

they've run the wing slot in the past with some success.  Sounds like theyre not sure what they want to run.

TurkeyHunter

Talked to a Centerpoint coach about a month ago and he tells me they think they can compete for the 4Th playoff seed,

The sophomore class has talent in it, but will they all play or will half of em quit and just play hoops. 

That's the main problem at Centerpoint to many Amity boys wanna be like daddy and grandpa and concentrate on basketball.

phdefense

Quote from: BLOCKMEIFUCAN on June 22, 2011, 08:03:50 amThat's the main problem at Centerpoint to many Amity boys wanna be like daddy and grandpa and concentrate on basketball.
Odd considering it would be a stretch to say Amity had any sort of tradition when it comes to basketball. Now baseball was a different story.

TurkeyHunter

Quote from: phdefense on June 22, 2011, 12:36:05 pm
Quote from: BLOCKMEIFUCAN on June 22, 2011, 08:03:50 amThat's the main problem at Centerpoint to many Amity boys wanna be like daddy and grandpa and concentrate on basketball.
Odd considering it would be a stretch to say Amity had any sort of tradition when it comes to basketball. Now baseball was a different story.

Amity had some decent basketball teams, and for sure they were unreal in baseball.

But by never having football the boys who grow up in Amity have parents who have never played the game and just do not understand it and for some reason most of them are dead set against there kids playing football.

outlaw39

Lack of speed, tradition, and basketball fanatics from the non football school will keep them down once again.

Coltfan2005

Ceneterpoint has a football team?
???

BronxBomber

Sadly, Centerpoint isn't good at anything whatsoever.  Most schools achieve at something, either athletically or academically or the arts or something.  Centerpoint, not so much, but they do have decent facilities.

5-wide

When will the administration make a change then?  If they struggle in every aspect of their sports program and don't excel in the arts, then why send your child there?  Basketball players go to kirby, football players to Lake Hamilton, baseball where ever.  Looks like the administration would say whatever we are doing is not working, time for a change.  I heard their agri department was real good.  They have their own processing plant or something.

spoony luv

Sounds like there needs to be a change in administration if everything sucks.  Coaches might have their hands tied and no backing.

5-wide

I agree with the change in administration.  Something needs to change.  Anything!

BronxBomber

Ok, I'm intrigued.  Processing plant???  Like, they skin deer or something?  Can't say that I've seen that even at the private school level!

Centerpoint Knights

Yes we have our own processing lab where students slaughter mainly pigs and cows then process the meat for customers.

Centerpoint isn't totally bad. We have won four or five state championships in quiz bowl, our East lab kids won the top award in the nation a few years ago, and our basketball teams (especially girls) are very competitive every year.

I'm not sure that football will ever win an a regular basis. Not sure what the probelm is. We used to go through coaches pretty regular, but we've had the same ones now for probably almost 10 years. They went to the playoffs for the first time a couple of years ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas