• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10

Started by Wildcatalumni21, October 17, 2018, 08:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Based off this week I would say

1. Hazen
2. Junction City
3. Foreman
4. Conway Christian
5. Mt. Ida
6. Fordyce
7. Hampton
8. Salem
9. Earle
10. Mountainburg

Redzone

1. Hazen
2. Junction City
3. Foreman
4. Conway Christian
5. Mt. Ida
6. Fordyce
7. Salem
8. Earle
9. Hampton
10. Gurdon
11. Mineral Springs/Mountainburg

Old Scrapper

October 20, 2018, 12:51:51 pm #52 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:01:40 pm by Old Scrapper
I don't get the choke factor comment that you throw out there, only one team can win it and as long as I can remember Hazen has never been the front runner ever to win it all. 2014 runner up to JC and that year no one was beating JC.

cav2012

1 hazen
2 foreman
3 mt ida
4 Conway Christian
5 Earle
6 jc
7 Fordyce
8 Salem
9 idc
10 idc

72aDaddy

1. JC
2. Foreman
3. Hazen
4. Mt Ida
5. CC
6. Gurdon
7. Fordyce
8. Salem
9. Mineral Springs
10. Hampton

godgiven999

1. JC
2. Hazen
3. Foreman
4. Gurdon
5. CC
6. Mt. Ida
7. Fordyce
8. Salem
9. Mineral Springs
10. Hampton

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 20, 2018, 07:38:37 am
Ok, so after last night, do you believe I may actually know more about 2A football than YOU? Looks like it's a little more open than 4 teams. 🤔🤔

I never claimed to know more than you just claim that the winner will be one of those top four that I mentioned. Not taking anything away from MS but like I said on my previous post injuries or even weather could play a role. How many teams are going to be very good losing their QB, FB and tailback and are going to be any good? Yeah they came back but we're a shell of themselves. Like I said not taking anything away from MS they did what they had to do. Not to mention the 6 times we fumbled due to the wet ball and lost three of those fumbles. If our kid doesn't drop the ball in the end zone with 30 seconds left or Batey doesn't drop the int with nobody in front of him that was  an EASY pick six things probably would have been different. But the truth is they had to deal with the same wet conditions that we did and they did a better job of playing on that wet turf than we did. Hats off to them. Although I wil still make the friendly wager with you if you want....lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 19, 2018, 04:52:44 pm
There you go putting words back in my mouth again!! Did I say that? If I thought that I would have said that!

The real question is why are you deflecting from the original question? If you think it's really "open" this year in 2A football then let's make a friendly wager (just bragging rights). If I'm wrong I'll get on here and admit that I was wrong and that you are a Fearless Friday God. If I'm right then you'll get on here and admit that just because your a Fearless Friday Hall of Famer doesn't mean you know everything about 2A football. What do you think....deal?

Quote from: GatorBall on October 20, 2018, 02:23:13 pm
I never claimed to know more than you just claim that the winner will be one of those top four that I mentioned. Not taking anything away from MS but like I said on my previous post injuries or even weather could play a role. How many teams are going to be very good losing their QB, FB and tailback and are going to be any good? Yeah they came back but we're a shell of themselves. Like I said not taking anything away from MS they did what they had to do. Not to mention the 6 times we fumbled due to the wet ball and lost three of those fumbles. If our kid doesn't drop the ball in the end zone with 30 seconds left or Batey doesn't drop the int with nobody in front of him that was  an EASY pick six things probably would have been different. But the truth is they had to deal with the same wet conditions that we did and they did a better job of playing on that wet turf than we did. Hats off to them. Although I wil still make the friendly wager with you if you want....lol

you said for me to admit that I didn't, last night proved its more open than 4 teams. ifs and buts mean nothing.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 20, 2018, 12:20:17 pm

Hazen has something to play for that ALL the players have bought into, like in 2013 when des arc made it to the title game with a team that should not have, but this Hazen team has everything it needs to win it athletically and the mental factor as well.
Very thoughtful post I feel as though it would be better with background music thanks

Southark

cuz

October 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm #60 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:52:20 pm by cuz
Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 20, 2018, 12:51:51 pm
I don't get the choke factor comment that you throw out there, only one team can win it and as long as I can remember Hazen has never been the front runner ever to win it all. 2014 runner up to JC and that year no one was beating JC.
You'd have to go way back to know what I referenced and that didn't come from me it came from that conference back then Pick knows what I'm talking about but according to him they're on the right track. It will be a better playoff year competition wise for sure....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 20, 2018, 04:49:18 pm

Very thoughtful post I feel as though it would be better with background music thanks

You can pick some out if you want.

who-knew

Quote from: cuz on October 20, 2018, 05:49:06 pm
You'd have to go way back to know what I referenced and that didn't come from me it came from that conference back then Pick knows what I'm talking about but according to him they're on the right track. It will be a better playoff year competition wise for sure....
Has to be talking about state championship game when Hazen lost on a safety or something to that effect

Old Scrapper

Way before my time here!

HorseFeathers

Hazen posters used to be like .... The 4-2a, 5-2a and Hampton posters have been....It's our year it's our year...chest thumping...but they'd get beat down by someone In conference, or they'd bow out early in the playoffs to someone they shouldn't have lost to

Old Scrapper

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 20, 2018, 06:23:53 pm
Hazen posters used to be like .... The 4-2a, 5-2a and Hampton posters have been....It's our year it's our year...chest thumping...but they'd get beat down by someone In conference, or they'd bow out early in the playoffs to someone they shouldn't have lost to
LOL I got it now! So we better take care of business.

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 20, 2018, 02:56:49 pm
you said for me to admit that I didn't, last night proved its more open than 4 teams. ifs and buts mean nothing.

OBVIOUSLY your just trying to get under my skin with your YELLING COMMENT of "ITS WIDE OPEN"!! If your so confidant, then bet me it won't be one of those top 4-5 teams then!! Put your money where your mouth is!!!

Now if you had said between those top 4 or 5, it's wide open, then yes I agree with you but to say ANY TEAM or any of the top 12 could win it all then we just have a difference of opinion and we can just wait until the end of the year to see who's right but I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this! We just have different opinions, no big deal!!! But there's really no need to get on here and be a jerk about it!! I hope whoever your team is, goes and wins it all but if they don't I'm not going to get on here just to try to rub it in your face like your obviously trying to do just so I can say HEY LOOK AT ME, I WAS RIGHT!

Greyhound#1

Salem is contender.   Told everyone from day 1 that Salem is legit.  Most underrated team in 2a.

HorseFeathers

Never heard of Salem 😉

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 20, 2018, 09:00:10 pm
OBVIOUSLY your just trying to get under my skin with your YELLING COMMENT of "ITS WIDE OPEN"!! If your so confidant, then bet me it won't be one of those top 4-5 teams then!! Put your money where your mouth is!!!

Now if you had said between those top 4 or 5, it's wide open, then yes I agree with you but to say ANY TEAM or any of the top 12 could win it all then we just have a difference of opinion and we can just wait until the end of the year to see who's right but I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this! We just have different opinions, no big deal!!! But there's really no need to get on here and be a jerk about it!! I hope whoever your team is, goes and wins it all but if they don't I'm not going to get on here just to try to rub it in your face like your obviously trying to do just so I can say HEY LOOK AT ME, I WAS RIGHT!

Geez dude, that loss yall took last night has you in your feelings. Its always just In fun the things we discuss on here. I dont take any of it seriously. Like I said, I'm not betting anything on a bunch of teen aged boys. I would bet that you would have bet the house on yalls game last night though, which is a prime example of not betting on high school kids. Lol

HorseFeathers

Just takes one injury to hamstring a great 2a team...

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 20, 2018, 09:23:57 pm
Geez dude, that loss yall took last night has you in your feelings. Its always just In fun the things we discuss on here. I dont take any of it seriously. Like I said, I'm not betting anything on a bunch of teen aged boys. I would bet that you would have bet the house on yalls game last night though, which is a prime example of not betting on high school kids. Lol

Yeah, I have been known to take it a little too personal sometimes...LOL I know it's all in fun!!! Just got carried away there for a little bit. A LOSS does that sometimes....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 20, 2018, 09:51:30 pm
Yeah, I have been known to take it a little too personal sometimes...LOL I know it's all in fun!!! Just got carried away there for a little bit. A LOSS does that sometimes....

Cant be like that on here or you will have a heart attack and spazz out. Lol

Eslim03

Look here I'm not gonna take anything away from mineral but it was a rainy night. Foreman has injuries that none of you know from our conference know about. I think Hazen is legit and if so they will have a battle in round two glad we will not have to worry about them. Foreman will be ready to defend their state championship.

Eslim03

Gurdon gets to find out if 2a football is theirs. Lol 0 state championship and lots of what could have been's. They love the spot their in but let's talk after the next two weeks.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 21, 2018, 01:16:07 am
Look here I'm not gonna take anything away from mineral but it was a rainy night. Foreman has injuries that none of you know from our conference know about. I think Hazen is legit and if so they will have a battle in round two glad we will not have to worry about them. Foreman will be ready to defend their state championship.

Was it not rainy when mineral had the ball? Did the field dry up when they had possession? Now that's home field advantage. 😆😆

Eslim03

Look here pick you guys find a cart to ride. That's ok but when we get to the end of this journey you will be watching gator football not eagle football.

Eslim03

Waiting on your replie pick come on. I have always like you until your gonna be like everybody else. Bring des arc on I wish we could get a chance to shut that lip up.

Eslim03

Oh hang on Earle gets to do that this week. One big fish at a time huh?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 21, 2018, 05:29:03 am #79 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:31:42 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Eslim03 on October 21, 2018, 01:39:19 am
Look here pick you guys find a cart to ride. That's ok but when we get to the end of this journey you will be watching gator football not eagle football.

Touchy touchy. Geez you Foreman fans cant even play around. And no, I will not be watching 🐊🏈. It was Just one loss, yal can still make it to W.M.S., you might be watching another team play, but they will still sell you a ticket. 😁😁

Eslim03

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 05:29:03 am
Touchy touchy. Geez you Foreman fans cant even play around. And no, I will not be watching 🐊🏈. It was Just one loss, yal can still make it to W.M.S., you might be watching another team play, but they will still sell you a ticket. 😁😁

I may end up buying a ticket to watch at WMS but it won't be des arc there to watch. I would be willing to bet on that. Call me touchy or any other thing that makes yourself feel big if you wish. Foreman lost a game just like they did last year but make no mistake the gators will be a tuff out and will still be playing football when the eagles are neck deep into basketball.

godgiven999

0 state Championships is inaccurate, it might of been when right after WW2 but still haha
Quote from: Eslim03 on October 21, 2018, 01:25:02 am
Gurdon gets to find out if 2a football is theirs. Lol 0 state championship and lots of what could have been's. They love the spot their in but let's talk after the next two weeks.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Dang eslim, you cant even use the quote feature correctly you are so shook up. Get out of your feelings man. I know foreman has a better shot at actually playing in the title game than Des Arc, But that is ok too. I'm sure once Batey is gone, yall will go back to being irrelevant and des arc will keep plugging along consistently playing after Thanksgiving.

It's all in fun and games dude. Lighten up already.

Redzone

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 09:46:18 am
Dang eslim, you cant even use the quote feature correctly you are so shook up. Get out of your feelings man. I know foreman has a better shot at actually playing in the title game than Des Arc, But that is ok too. I'm sure once Batey is gone, yall will go back to being irrelevant and des arc will keep plugging along consistently playing after Thanksgiving.

It's all in fun and games dude. Lighten up already.

That would be the case if Batey was the only good player on the team, but he is not. He's one of two elite players, but we have plenty of really good underclassmen to take up His slack once he leaves.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 21, 2018, 09:58:37 am #84 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:02:27 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Redzone on October 21, 2018, 09:56:32 am
That would be the case if Batey was the only good player on the team, but he is not. He's one of two elite players, but we have plenty of really good underclassmen to take up His slack once he leaves.

Maybe so, heck I love football enough to not want teams to be as bad as Foreman was the 13 years prior to Batey. I mean Foreman won 38 games since 2001 prior to batey. Now all of a sudden even after this year yall will keep up the success you are enjoying with a D1 recruit? I doubt it, but ok.

Redzone

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 09:58:37 am
Maybe so, heck I love football enough to not want teams to be as bad as Foreman was the 13 years prior to Batey. I mean Foreman won 38 games since 2001 prior to batey. Now all of a sudden even after this year yall will keep up the success you are enjoying with a D1 recruit? I doubt it, but ok.
It's 2018. No I cares how good or bad any team was last year or the years before. The focus is on this season and the ones to come. Figured you'd know this hall of famer.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on October 21, 2018, 10:10:37 am
It's 2018. No I cares how good or bad any team was last year or the years before. The focus is on this season and the ones to come. Figured you'd know this hall of famer.

You do understand history always seems to repeat itself, right? Meaning odds are after Foremans once in a lifetime athlete, they go back to where they were before he came along. Like I said, I hope they stay good, it's better for 2A football to have several good teams, but most of the time you can revert back to my first sentence in this comment.

Redzone

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 10:27:21 am
You do understand history always seems to repeat itself, right? Meaning odds are after Foremans once in a lifetime athlete, they go back to where they were before he came along. Like I said, I hope they stay good, it's better for 2A football to have several good teams, but most of the time you can revert back to my first sentence in this comment.

Foreman was bad from 2007-2015 I think we only made the playoffs twice in those years and had about 6 different head coaches.  But before 2007 they were consistently decent. With good and bad years here and there. I hope they stay competitive because I too  agree it's good for 2A football. I guess we'll just see.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on October 21, 2018, 10:36:02 am
Foreman was bad from 2007-2015 I think we only made the playoffs twice in those years and had about 6 different head coaches.  But before 2007 they were consistently decent. With good and bad years here and there. I hope they stay competitive because I too  agree it's good for 2A football. I guess we'll just see.

Consistently decent? I like that! Lol

26 wins in 6 seasons prior to 07. That's 4.33 wins per year, not sure that qualifies for decent.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Redzone, just know I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Batey is a phenomenal athlete, enjoy him while you have him. It's been 40 years since Des Arc had a super good player and we went to back to back title games and won one of them. We have had several really good players who went on to play some college ball, but none like Ronnie Elam.

GatorBall

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 10:27:21 am

Eagles, you have to understand that although our history since 2000 has not been good, make no mistake about it, the people here in no way have felt like that was acceptable for us. We may not have the storied history of a Junction City or Barton (from back in the day) or even one of our nearby towns like Nashville, AR but we have always been and will always be super competitive and in no way feel like even a 500 ball club is acceptable. And for the first time in a long long time we're considered one of the best teams in the state so we are SUPER pumped about it!!! So when we lose one game by one point on an extremely wet field (yes it was wet for them too but they have a lot more experience playing on wet artificial turf than we did) along with injuries to numerous key positions and people write us off just like that there may be some hostility. All of these years of frustration may come out. But that's ok, last year when we got beat by Mt Ida by 30 and everyone wrote us off then it worked out pretty good for us then. Maybe something similar will happen again for us this year.

Oh and one other thing, yes we have a VERY VERY special player in Batey but to say that we don't have anything else just goes to show you how much you guys don't know about our team. A defense that held Ida last year to 14 points in a state championship game (not counting the one busted play that our backup made on the final minute of the game) or a Ida team this year to only 13 points while they have been averaging 40+ points in every game is pretty good. Not to mention a FB that averages almost 5 yards a carry. We have been pretty good this year and we really haven't had our 2nd best back on the team play no more than 8 quarters altogether and none of them have been close to 100%.

LOL...so yeah, we are pretty passionate about our team!!! ;D ;D ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on October 21, 2018, 12:48:09 pm
Eagles, you have to understand that although our history since 2000 has not been good, make no mistake about it, the people here in no way have felt like that was acceptable for us. We may not have the storied history of a Junction City or Barton (from back in the day) or even one of our nearby towns like Nashville, AR but we have always been and will always be super competitive and in no way feel like even a 500 ball club is acceptable. And for the first time in a long long time we're considered one of the best teams in the state so we are SUPER pumped about it!!! So when we lose one game by one point on an extremely wet field (yes it was wet for them too but they have a lot more experience playing on wet artificial turf than we did) along with injuries to numerous key positions and people write us off just like that there may be some hostility. All of these years of frustration may come out. But that's ok, last year when we got beat by Mt Ida by 30 and everyone wrote us off then it worked out pretty good for us then. Maybe something similar will happen again for us this year.

Oh and one other thing, yes we have a VERY VERY special player in Batey but to say that we don't have anything else just goes to show you how much you guys don't know about our team. A defense that held Ida last year to 14 points in a state championship game (not counting the one busted play that our backup made on the final minute of the game) or a Ida team this year to only 13 points while they have been averaging 40+ points in every game is pretty good. Not to mention a FB that averages almost 5 yards a carry. We have been pretty good this year and we really haven't had our 2nd best back on the team play no more than 8 quarters altogether and none of them have been close to 100%.

LOL...so yeah, we are pretty passionate about our team!!! ;D ;D ;D

One special athlete, makes the entire team better. Look at Hampton with the hermits and Strong with Dixon.

Enjoy yalls ride. And soak it all in. Good luck going forward.

cuz

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2018, 12:55:44 pm
One special athlete, makes the entire team better. Look at Hampton with the hermits and Strong with Dixon.

Enjoy yalls ride. And soak it all in. Good luck going forward.
I think that Forman started getting better when their coach got there and they went to flexbone (triple option) they have some athletes coming up also the razorbacks are on Haywood kid. If coach stays I think they will remain competitive

baller334

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 20, 2018, 09:08:14 pm
Salem is contender.   Told everyone from day 1 that Salem is legit.  Most underrated team in 2a.

They play a weak schedule in a weak conference

OLionSwag74

Any word on Batey?

stuck in between

I saw him last night at the Subway in town. Didn't speak to him, but he looked like he was alright. Wasn't limping, but didn't appear to be moving too briskly. Might just have been his normal walking speed.

cuz

I think Foreman and Hazen both have a depth problem leaving them a little more vulnerable. Foreman has a 30 man roster but don't seem to have the players to step up. Hazen appears to be in that same boat. Most 2a teams fall in that category.....JC has depth nearly about everywhere. Their line can be a slow start at times that's their nemesis....

Hasbeen92

Quote from: cuz on October 22, 2018, 07:31:09 pm
I think Foreman and Hazen both have a depth problem leaving them a little more vulnerable. Foreman has a 30 man roster but don't seem to have the players to step up. Hazen appears to be in that same boat. Most 2a teams fall in that category.....JC has depth nearly about everywhere. Their line can be a slow start at times that's their nemesis....
Everyone in 2A has a depth issues

Coach95

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 22, 2018, 07:38:45 pm
Everyone in 2A has a depth issues
Not if your Junction City because they always play with 3A numbers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas