• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jr boys practice vs jr girls

Started by Dukehrs, December 01, 2015, 11:44:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukehrs

I wondered if it was standard practice across the state to have jr hi boys practice against jr hi girls?
Here in Gravette (ok stop laughing) it hasn't improved either of our programs for the last few years and it's hard to keep my mouth shut because back in the day when I played never mind I just wondered if other school did it.

adaptedtigerfan

It didn't happen where I went to school... The girls would have beat the boys.  😂. My freshmen year the girls went 31-1

Moonshiner

I think a lot of schools might practice their Jr boys against Sr. High girls.  Or 7th grade boys against Jr. Girls.  But I can't imagine why you would practice JH vs Jh. 

Chicky

December 02, 2015, 01:15:51 pm #3 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:18:50 pm by Chicky
Happens in rural Arkansas for primarily two reasons:   It's hard to have practice when you only have seven kids on the squad and two, if one coach has all four teams.  I'd agree with Moonshiner, primarily Jr. Boys vs. Sr. Girls, but I've heard of one practice with one coach and up to three teams, both girls and jr. boys, afterschool, that is.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas