• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A

Started by 1-Adam-12, November 09, 2015, 03:46:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Allen

They did.  We didn't have an answer for the big kid.  At all.  Our boys couldn't seem to throw it in the ocean

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 07, 2015, 09:15:47 pm
Lamar girls and Booneville boys won. Sportsmanship rule applied in both games.

The girls played hard but couldn't do much with the twin towers in the middle. I think for the most part our 7th grader (#24) held her own against Sanders. We play a lot of 8th graders too. In fact #22 is the only freshman in the normal rotation.

It was just about the reverse in the boys game. Our bigs dominated. The 6-5 kid went for 16 and 7 and showed a bit of touch tonight.

Our Posts are getting a ton better,  and yes Booneville never gave up for sure!

1-Adam-12

That is one thing that our new coach has instilled in our girls. Never give up and always be aggressive, no matter what the score.

WPWells

Keep up the good work. This thread is going better than last year ;D

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 08, 2015, 11:06:38 am
That is one thing that our new coach has instilled in our girls. Never give up and always be aggressive, no matter what the score.

Thats great!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 08, 2015, 11:29:18 am
Keep up the good work. This thread is going better than last year ;D

Because we have not played Yall yet.

haha

BigMan15

Is the Grace kid moved up now?

Hitman Warrior23

1-Adam-12

Booneville played Heavener at Mena Tourn. The girls lost by 8 the boys won by 20.

Boys play HS Lakeside in semis. Girls play Acorn in consolation.

mudd puddle

Lamar goes to Charleston tonight.    Should be a huge show up for the girls.   I hope our boys slow up ready to fight.    They only start one 9th  grader so they are very young.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: mudd puddle on December 10, 2015, 08:57:21 am
Lamar goes to Charleston tonight.    Should be a huge show up for the girls.   I hope our boys slow up ready to fight.    They only start one 9th  grader so they are very young.

The boys are without 2 starters tonight as well,  also to add the girls only have one 9th grader starting as well so they are young also.

cobbs34

Charleston girls are in the same boat. Only start one ninth grader

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: cobbs34 on December 10, 2015, 11:10:08 am
Charleston girls are in the same boat. Only start one ninth grader

Yes both teams are very young and talented.

Clara Allen

Well the party can start now. I'm here.  Hoping the refs don't throw everyone in the gym out tonight then run for their lives like the last time we were here...

BigMan15

BigMan15

Very good game Charleston 34-23 closer than the score.

WPWells

BigMan15

WPWells

Hmmmm thought the Lamar girl was unstoppable

mudd puddle

Quote from: Stewie on December 10, 2015, 07:59:35 pm

No one said that!  Charleston  is very  good and coaches  gambled putting three on Lakyn and it paid off!  The game that counts is at Lamar.

Clara Allen

Our shots didn't fall   
The cheerleaders are winning tho.... Hey are very well coached

WPWells

I'm sure they are ;) I bet Lamar is better at history, too!

BigMan15

True good game by  both teams..
End of 1 Boys
Charleston 17-0

BigMan15

Halftime
Charleston 35-7

mudd puddle

Quote from: Stewie on December 10, 2015, 08:05:45 pm
I'm sure they are ;) I bet Lamar is better at history, too!

Wait until Lamar!

WPWells

That was a joke for warriors lol. Doesn't she teach history?

BigMan15

Clara Allen

Quote from: Stewie on December 10, 2015, 08:18:48 pm
That was a joke for warriors lol. Doesn't she teach history?

Yes I do....

WPWells

Clara Allen

mudd puddle

I think ctown is just a very good program.   Very impressive

1-Adam-12

December 10, 2015, 11:02:41 pm #81 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:43:38 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville boys will play on Saturday for the Mena tournament championship after beating HS Lakeside 42-31 today.  Mena will be the opponent as the red and black Cats beat Ozark tonight.

Booneville is 7-2.  Losses were to Waldron (we were without two key players) and to County Line (didn't play that well until the 4th quarter and got too far behind.)

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Stewie on December 10, 2015, 07:59:35 pm

No they arent thats their second loss.   Hey it was a good game Ctown was prepared.

chucktownboys

Lakyn is an impressive player that gives every team fits but for now the Charleston girls have more well rounded players, that could change in coming years but overall I saw more balance in the Tigers than I saw on the Lamar team, maybe they had an off night? On top of that a 9th grader moved up to Sr high team that would have definitely been a factor in last nights game that Lamar had the advantage of her not playing. Let the play on the court speak for itself, Lamar will have their chance in the rematch. Go Tigers!

mudd puddle

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 11, 2015, 04:28:01 pm
Lakyn is an impressive player that gives every team fits but for now the Charleston girls have more well rounded players, that could change in coming years but overall I saw more balance in the Tigers than I saw on the Lamar team, maybe they had an off night? On top of that a 9th grader moved up to Sr high team that would have definitely been a factor in last nights game that Lamar had the advantage of her not playing. Let the play on the court speak for itself, Lamar will have their chance in the rematch. Go Tigers!

Well said. I know the posts have been strong as of late, so yes they had an off night.   I know we have allot to work on.   Yes the move up was a nice loss.   No telling how bad it would have been had you not done it.  Again great job

1-Adam-12

December 12, 2015, 08:38:30 pm #85 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:44:37 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville boys win the Mena Tournament beating the host team 35-25 in the finals. Now 8-2.

Get Mena at our place Monday then Danville next Friday.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 11, 2015, 04:28:01 pm

As of now have to agree 100% I have faith Sampley will turn it around!

1-Adam-12

Booneville gets the sweep over Mena tonight.

32-31 in the girls game as our 7th grader goes for 16 including the game winning free throw.
41-35 in OT in the boys.  Our post (not the big kid) who came in shooting 26% from the line hits 4 of 6 to help get the win.  The boys are now 9-2.

Clara Allen

Lamar girls dominated Paris tonight- sportsmanship rule in at halftime.  Won by 16- Coach Sampley cleared the bench giving all the girls playing time.   Paris boys beat the Warriors by a large margin.  Warriors played hard but could find no answer for all those big boys!

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 02, 2015, 01:12:19 pm
ANYTHING ON TWO RIVERS?

I will have something tomorrow night.  The Gators come to our house.

Hitman Warrior23

1-Adam-12

December 17, 2015, 09:08:00 pm #91 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:19:35 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville boys and TR girls win.  Both wins were by 20+.

TR boys have who I assume is Yates' younger brother.  He's not bad but does not have much of a supporting cast.  We went 11 deep and eventually wore them down.  We had a 15-0 third quarter.

The TR girls are pretty decent.  Did not let our main scorer touch it a lot.  Have a pretty good PG.  They hit several 3's but I did not see a lot of inside presence.  They only have 8 girls out.  Heard that they had beaten Danville 44-2 or something like that.

We head to Little John country tomorrow night where all the teams will play jr. and sr. high.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 17, 2015, 09:08:00 pm
Booneville boys and TR girls win.  Both wins were by 20+.

TR boys have who I assume is Yates' younger brother.  He's not bad but does not have much of a supporting cast.  We went 11 deep and eventually wore them down.  We had a 15-0 third quarter.

The TR girls are pretty decent.  Did not let our main scorer touch it a lot.  Have a pretty good PG.  They hit several 3's but I did not see a lot of inside presence.  They only have 8 girls out.  Heard that they had beaten Danville 44-2 or something like that.

We head to Little John country tomorrow night where all the teams will play jr. and sr. high.

How did Two Rivers look compared to Lamar? Boys and girls? Any predictions? Just curious is all.

1-Adam-12

The Lady Gators might give Lamar a fight for awhile but then their lack of depth will get to them IMO.  Lamar ought to win by between 10-15 on a neutral court, more if Sanders is hot or Lamar's post game dominates.

This could be a chance for a win for the Lamar boys.  If Yates can be kept under control, the Warriors could get the decision. Looks like two evenly matched teams. 

Our boys probably would have won by more against TR, but we did not play well the 1st half.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 18, 2015, 02:58:28 pm
The Lady Gators might give Lamar a fight for awhile but then their lack of depth will get to them IMO.  Lamar ought to win by between 10-15 on a neutral court, more if Sanders is hot or Lamar's post game dominates.

This could be a chance for a win for the Lamar boys.  If Yates can be kept under control, the Warriors could get the decision. Looks like two evenly matched teams. 

Our boys probably would have won by more against TR, but we did not play well the 1st half.

Thank you!

1-Adam-12

December 18, 2015, 06:58:09 pm #95 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:03:04 am by 1-Adam-12
Booneville beats Danville 35-17 girls 48-22 boys. Boys allowed no FG and only 2 pt in 2nd half. 

In fact it was again a scoreless 3rd quarter for the Booneville opponents for the second night in a row.  This time it was 17-0 for the Cats.

mudd puddle

Lamar takes on  Two Rivers at  Two Rivers,   the 4th I hear  Two Rivers only has one  loss.   Any thoughts?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: mudd puddle on December 29, 2015, 10:54:30 pm
Lamar takes on  Two Rivers at  Two Rivers,   the 4th I hear  Two Rivers only has one  loss.   Any thoughts?

I'll take Lamar by 10
Lakyn sounds like a terrific player

mudd puddle

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 11:06:12 pm

I'll take Lamar by 10

She isn't bad  for sure.    The whole team when they are  on is going to be  hard  to stop.   2 six foot plus posts sure helps.   

NEA Razorback olfan

December 30, 2015, 01:14:28 pm #99 Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:16:26 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: mudd puddle on December 30, 2015, 11:10:18 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 11:06:12 pm

I'll take Lamar by 10

She isn't bad  for sure.    The whole team when they are  on is going to be  hard  to stop.   2 six foot plus posts sure helps.   

That's more size than a lot of varsity teams lol
Are they all freshman?
They will prolly step up after jr season to varsity I would expect.

Our jr girls have more size than our varsity does, and a couple are 7th graders

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas