• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JVILLE BEATS ST. JOSEPH

Started by superd2312, February 07, 2006, 09:29:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

superd2312

Jville boys and girls both won tonight. Conways boys were ranked like 7th or 8th i think. The boys had the game pretty much in hand the whole time, but it did get close at the end. They ended up winning by 5 or so. St. Joes is a good team though and can shoot really good, they made an 80 footer at the end of the half tonight. Good luck to them this year.

Wraith

HoopDreams

Ballhawker

Boys won 43-38, and the girls won 47-33.  Heard that CSJ's big girl wasn't there, but also Jville's Masino didn't play well.  Somebody must have, they still won by 14 points!  CSJ's boys were ranked 9th.  Looks like Jville boys need some ranking consideration now.

BUCKET

Oh now, let's not go crazy with that ranking stuff.  J-ville is good, but if they win district or 2nd in regionals then they should be considered.  St. Joe is always a soild team that plays basic basketball, no fancy stuff.  They have a good coach that has taking over Coach Mallet's system of ball.  Congrats to J-ville on the win.

PopTart Man

Jville should be considered for rankings now. With a win on Friday over Carlilse we should be up there somewhere.

Wraith

Nah.... close, but not that close.  Your conference is what is killing you, plus the democrat just puts people on there for their rankings, not their skill.  I would say anywhere from 11-15.  But maybe top 10.  Plus Bigelow plays Pine and that is gonna determine something, but it is at Pine and from what you said earlier in the season, it's hard to beat them at home when you most of the time play 5v8.

mossified4

mp refs are fair and we are hard to beat anywhere but especially at home cause theres great crowd involvement

ilovelakeouachita

Is Mt. Pine Hosting Bigelow on Friday Night?

Is it only Senior High and what time do the games start?

Wraith

Well I wish I could go but it is like almost a 2hr trip plus I have to work.  Good luck to both teams as both teams get a good game before their respecting District Tournaments.

baller99

Why don't you stop hating on Mountain Pine.

Wraith

I just posted good luck and I am hating????

superd2312

Ive only got one question for Wraith. I know both times when Bigelow played Jville it was early in the season,and our second time our leading scorer had the flu and both teams are prolly alot better. Jville i know for sure havnt seen Bigelow since, but they say the south hasnt played anyone, ill agree Pine's non confrence schedule is weak, but they are very good trust me. Jville played 6 conference champs this season, Kirby(almost automatic to win state in A) Scranton who i know Jville would beat by double digits if they played now(when they played it was Jvilles 4th game and Scrantons 15th) Scotland who Jville beat, Mtn. Pine who well they are good, ive seen them play many times, they beat St. Joseph, who easily won their conference, and they play Carlisle tomarrow, and they won there conference, so i have an opinion like everyone else and Wraith you have yours, i just dont think the north will have a state tourny represenative, this year, and for sure wont have two.
PEACE

Wraith

Abundant Life is a sure lock for State.  So Pine better hope that they win the North District Tournament or finish 3rd in the district turnament and lose in the semi's bc if they finish 3rd or 4th in district, Pine will more than likely go down.  Whoever plays Abundant Life from the South will get beat.  Now the rest is up for grabs.  Bigelow and Episcopal are the next best teams, but both are inconsistent.  If you catch either of those two on a good night, it's over.  Episcopal has the best talent but can't click every game.

superd2312

NO Sorry, see the thing is I think Pine and Jville are locks for state. The one thing i can promise you is that you prolly dont know is that Jville and Pine pride there self on their D. Prolly without question two of the best Defensive teams in AA. We will see how Bigelow fairs against Pine tonight.

BUCKET

Easy boys, you two need to kiss and make up :-*.  Both of you love your teams and that  is all good, but just sit back, relax and see what happens.  There is no need to have a stroke as to who is better.  Much love to wraiths and supernerd for supporting your teams.

BUCKET

My bad it is wraith and superd2312 not wraiths and supernerd, I should have double checked that first.  5AA is going to be strong either way.

Wraith

Agreed but no one can match Abundant Life's offense with whatever defense you have.  Epsicopal has one of the best defenses you will ever see as they are all athletic and quick and Abundant Life whipped them.  So whatever man.  Winning 12 straight is a good feat no matter who you are when you play a well-rounded conference.  Tonight will determine how much Pine can win at home.  They shouldn't have a problem if the game is at home and they have won all year.  But I know that Bigelow will surprise them, that is if they play like they are supposed to.

bballer_85

Jville has a strong defense but they're gonna have to tighten it up to get to state.  - too much standing up and not gettin down to business!   when they play against good a good team with strong outside shooters - they play pretty strong.  a few seem to have problems w/lettin their man get insde to shoot and blocking out is pretty much lost on them - i guess it's too old school to block out but it would sure help out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas