• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview at Little Rock Christian Academy

Started by oldscribe, October 13, 2011, 09:26:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogHead

I just told someone else this same thing...Each Friday night is one week closer to baseball season at LRCA.  I'd say in the baseball matchup, LRCA by as many as they want.  Feeling pretty strongly that the same can be said this Friday night.  CF by as many as they want.

Big Fan

P.F.G.

I thought after dyer left they shut down the program.....

BronxBomber

Too much speed on the corners for CF, gonna roll big.  If they come in and try to work on their running game, it could be half time before mercy rule, if they come out throwing, it could be first quarter.

Jesusfreak

A beatdown for LRC at the hands of the Cards. CF won't be challenged at all until at least the qtr. finals of the playoffs if then.

BronxBomber

Quote from: BronxBomber on October 13, 2011, 10:04:53 pm
Too much speed on the corners for CF, gonna roll big.  If they come in and try to work on their running game, it could be half time before mercy rule, if they come out throwing, it could be first quarter.

Nailed it.  CF scored with 25 seconds left in the half to hit the mercy rule.  Final 50-14.

Hoghead

This got uglier than a cat caught in a chainsaw !  CFHS rools on.

5Awest

Quote from: Jesusfreak on October 14, 2011, 05:03:10 pm
A beatdown for LRC at the hands of the Cards. CF won't be challenged at all until at least the qtr. finals of the playoffs if then.

You did'nt realy just post that .    IF   did you?     It will get ugly for you at your own place.

Jesusfreak

Quote from: 5Awest on October 16, 2011, 05:56:50 pm

You did'nt realy just post that .    IF   did you?     It will get ugly for you at your own place.

Yes, I did post that. CF has an outstanding combination of size, physical strtength, speed, athleticism, talent, comparable to any team in the state in any class. I am not a CF fan ( El Dorado Wildcats!), but it is what it is. El Do played CF and 7A powerhouse Harber in nonconference, and CF had better overall talent, size everything, than Harber, and I doubt El Do will play another team the rest of the year that tops CF. El Do did beat them fairly convincingly,  but it was not a blowout. CF had an edge in talent and experience, but were not on El Do's level overall as a program. Not a knock on CF at all, but El Do is a well oiled machine with top notch coaching, dicipline, confidence, all the intangibles that produce a Championship powerhouse program, as well as playing in a larger class.

CF has been to back to back title games, and I think this is the year they finally kick the door down. Only a miracle Greenwood comeback in the last 5 minutes of last years title game that CF dominated denied them last year.  Greenwood has been the top program in 5A overall this decade, and can never be discounted. Greenbrier has a good team also, but this years CF team  has all the tools to take down all comers in 5A.

TTofGreenwood

BronxBomber

I thought the Dogs would have to travel down south in the semi's, not the quarterfinals?

5Awest

Quote from: Jesusfreak on October 16, 2011, 08:30:39 pm

Yes, I did post that. CF has an outstanding combination of size, physical strtength, speed, athleticism, talent, comparable to any team in the state in any class. I am not a CF fan ( El Dorado Wildcats!), but it is what it is. El Do played CF and 7A powerhouse Harber in nonconference, and CF had better overall talent, size everything, than Harber, and I doubt El Do will play another team the rest of the year that tops CF. El Do did beat them fairly convincingly,  but it was not a blowout. CF had an edge in talent and experience, but were not on El Do's level overall as a program. Not a knock on CF at all, but El Do is a well oiled machine with top notch coaching, dicipline, confidence, all the intangibles that produce a Championship powerhouse program, as well as playing in a larger class.

CF has been to back to back title games, and I think this is the year they finally kick the door down. Only a miracle Greenwood comeback in the last 5 minutes of last years title game that CF dominated denied them last year.  Greenwood has been the top program in 5A overall this decade, and can never be discounted. Greenbrier has a good team also, but this years CF team  has all the tools to take down all comers in 5A.

Miracle or well oiled machine executing the last 5 minutes of the game with the precision of a surgeon.

RD™

Guess what, this years Greenwood team is better than last year....and is perhaps the most dominant team this conference has ever seen since the 1999 Goblins, the 2001 Yellowjackets. Buck James won't know what hits him IF he gets the chance to go one on one with the "Great One" again.

Hoghead

Quote from: PC™ on October 16, 2011, 10:49:29 pm

Guess what, this years Greenwood team is better than last year....and is perhaps the most dominant team this conference has ever seen since the 1999 Goblins, the 2001 Yellowjackets. Buck James won't know what hits him IF he gets the chance to go one on one with the "Great One" again.
I agree. Camden Fairview had it's chance last year to put Greenwood away. Blew it ! If they recover the onside kick that 2010 5A trophy would be in Camden right now. But they have those nice back to back  5A Runner-Up trophies to look at. I see the one courtesy of Greenwood that Hope has from 2000. Those things are ugly !

RD™

Quote from: Hoghead on October 17, 2011, 02:27:18 am

I agree. Camden Fairview had it's chance last year to put Greenwood away. Blew it ! If they recover the onside kick that 2010 5A trophy would be in Camden right now. But they have those nice back to back  5A Runner-Up trophies to look at. I see the one courtesy of Greenwood that Hope has from 2000. Those things are ugly !
Actually recovering the onside wouldn't have "Truly" meant they would have the trophy.

BillyJack™

Quote from: Hoghead on October 17, 2011, 02:27:18 am

Hey! There's a lot of pride in some of those "Last To Fail" trophy's.

Jesusfreak

I'm not downing Greenwood in any way and like I posted they can never be discounted. They appear to be on a collision course with CF again. It was stated that this years edition of the Bulldogs is better than last year, but in the self same manner CF is better than last year.

Greenwood has never been a team noted for  physical talent. They  compensate with outstanding coaching, dicipline, execution, and fundamentals. They run their system almost to perfection. Throw in a ton of tradition and that winning mentality, and you have an elite program.

CF was clearly the superior team in terms of athletes, talent, speed, etc. They made the mistake of playing not to lose late in the game. Of course Greenwood deserves credit for not giving up when down 14 and CF was deep in their territory late in the 4th. But, a chain of events like that are rare indeed. I don't think CF will be denied this year. No one in 5A even comes close to matching up to them physically. I may be wrong, lets wait and see what happens.

Hoghead

Quote from: Jesusfreak on October 17, 2011, 09:49:17 am
I'm not downing Greenwood in any way and like I posted they can never be discounted. They appear to be on a collision course with CF again. It was stated that this years edition of the Bulldogs is better than last year, but in the self same manner CF is better than last year.

Greenwood has never been a team noted for  physical talent. They  compensate with outstanding coaching, dicipline, execution, and fundamentals. They run their system almost to perfection. Throw in a ton of tradition and that winning mentality, and you have an elite program.

CF was clearly the superior team in terms of athletes, talent, speed, etc. They made the mistake of playing not to lose late in the game. Of course Greenwood deserves credit for not giving up when down 14 and CF was deep in their territory late in the 4th. But, a chain of events like that are rare indeed. I don't think CF will be denied this year. No one in 5A even comes close to matching up to them physically. I may be wrong, lets wait and see what happens.
Are they more physical than Monticello was when they lost to the Billies ? Monticello punched CFHS dead in the mouth in 2009.

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 17, 2011, 07:54:38 pm
Quote from: Jesusfreak on October 17, 2011, 09:49:17 am

Are they more physical than Monticello was when they lost to the Billies ? Monticello punched CFHS dead in the mouth in 2009.
2011 CF is definitely bigger than 09 Monticello and probably more physical, and probably about equal in athletic ability.  What made the 09 Billies so good was their speed and strength at every position and most importantly their overall football IQ. 

Lions84

5Awest

Speed strength and football I.Q. are ya'll talkin bout Greenwood football again.

P.F.G.

Quote from: 5Awest on October 18, 2011, 10:03:52 pm
Speed strength and football I.Q. are ya'll talkin bout Greenwood football again.

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas