• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at LRCA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 08:25:23 am
I think you are missing the details of the Game with PA.  The real difference of that game was the 2 onside kicks that were recovered in the second half.  What do those comparisons really mean.  PA kicked a last second field goal to beat Parkview.  A team that LRCA handle pretty well.  If you actually watch these two teams play you would understand why they win games.  PA wins games by possessions.  Putting you in a must score position, which reduces your play calling options.  Either the give you the ball at the 50 or they get an extra possession.  Either way your defense spends a lot of time on the field.  I would bet my retirement on a tired receiver vs. a tired defensive back.

Wynne limits those possessions with their style of play. They literally drain the clock...they play pretty good defense and just hold onto the ball. It's hard to put up a ton of points when they take 6, 7, or 8 minutes off the clock. If LRCA wins, it will be because they couldn't stop Wynne and Wynne scored too quickly. Wynne could easily limit LRCA to 2-3 possession in each half.

FootballJunky

Quote from: incogneto on November 05, 2017, 06:52:57 pm
Kind of like classing up a place by talking about a 17 year old kid that you very clearly know nothing about?  Tell us some more about how much you know about staying classy.
I love the debate about football games.  A lot of the opinions seem to be emotional motivated.  Everyone has their own opinion about how the games are going to go.  I understand we all have an opinion on how good a team or a player really is.  Please help me understand why we would recklessly attack a kids character with nothing tangible to support the statement.  Can you please provide any video to support your statement?

Red Devil Alum

I think you are missing the details of the Game with PA.  The real difference of that game was the 2 onside kicks that were recovered in the second half.  What do those comparisons really mean.  PA kicked a last second field goal to beat Parkview.  A team that LRCA handle pretty well.  If you actually watch these two teams play you would understand why they win games.  PA wins games by possessions.  Putting you in a must score position, which reduces your play calling options.  Either the give you the ball at the 50 or they get an extra possession.  Either way your defense spends a lot of time on the field.  I would bet my retirement on a tired receiver vs. a tired defensive back.
First we need to know how much is in your retirement before we can take that bet.  ;D

STBruin

This game may boil down to who has the ball last and who flinches first...

FootballJunky

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 05, 2017, 11:07:56 pm
I think yellowcake is referencing him talking massive amounts of crap and cussing the PA chain crew.  If memory serves me correctly somewhat threatening one of them.
If memory serves?  Were you on the chain crew?  Did a kid curse you?  Or is this something you heard from someone else.  If this is something you hear from someone else then actually you wouldn't have a memory of the incident,  it would be hearsay.  Typically in a football game there is an official near the chain crew.  I would think if a kid was cursing the chain crew that official would have something to say.  You would have to be very close to the action.  I always see kids that look like they may have been talking trash, but there is no way I could confirm what the conversation actually was.   Love the football debates!  Lets debate football!  Not reckless character attacks that can't be substantiated.  These are High School Kids!   What you are saying is not an opinion you are stating it as fact.  If you have the footage of what your are referring,  I would love to see it.   Let's protect our kids!

JessieP

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 09:03:40 am
I love the debate about football games.  A lot of the opinions seem to be emotional motivated.  Everyone has their own opinion about how the games are going to go.  I understand we all have an opinion on how good a team or a player really is.  Please help me understand why we would recklessly attack a kids character with nothing tangible to support the statement.  Can you please provide any video to support your statement?

I think some LRCA fans have gone full blown snowflake here. Pointing out a players behavior on the football field isn't disparaging his character. The Pioneers have a defensive tackle who lives to destroy opposing QB's. He has many violent sacks this year, tackles that the Moms working the snack bar can hear. That has nothing to do with his overall character. If he were to, on a dead sprint, barrel into a grandmother buying fruit at Wal-Mart then you could make the argument he's a bad seed. The post in question is far from the first one to question the sportsmanship of certain LRCA players.   

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 09:28:11 am
If memory serves?  Were you on the chain crew?  Did a kid curse you?  Or is this something you heard from someone else.  If this is something you hear from someone else then actually you wouldn't have a memory of the incident,  it would be hearsay.  Typically in a football game there is an official near the chain crew.  I would think if a kid was cursing the chain crew that official would have something to say.  You would have to be very close to the action.  I always see kids that look like they may have been talking trash, but there is no way I could confirm what the conversation actually was.   Love the football debates!  Lets debate football!  Not reckless character attacks that can't be substantiated.  These are High School Kids!   What you are saying is not an opinion you are stating it as fact.  If you have the footage of what your are referring,  I would love to see it.   Let's protect our kids!
You better check yourself with your 5 posts!  I promise you, I know more about the situation than what you do.  I am not stating anything as opinion.

FootballJunky

November 06, 2017, 10:55:30 am #57 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:08:00 pm by FootballJunky
That is really funny.  So know the number of post determines your status.  Congrats!! I can tell you that I will never have the number of post that you have today.  In this day and time it is difficult to hide your actions.  Everyone is filming.  There is a camera in almost everyone's had.  The actions you are referring are serious and damaging.  I'm simply stating if you don't have anything to substantiate what your saying it can be deemed slander!  It doesn't matter how close you are to it, if it wasn't said to you, if you didn't hear it directly and there is no proof of it, it is simply hearsay. 

Because one thing we do know is Complete Biased PoV stated the following on a public forum about #3 from LRCA  "I think yellowcake is referencing him talking massive amounts of crap and cussing the PA chain crew.  If memory serves me correctly somewhat threatening one of them."   I don't care if you have 5 or 1000 post your are responsible for your post.  But you do get to hide behind the computer.  Well Kinda!

FootballJunky

Quote from: JessieP on November 06, 2017, 10:07:18 am
I think some LRCA fans have gone full blown snowflake here. Pointing out a players behavior on the football field isn't disparaging his character. The Pioneers have a defensive tackle who lives to destroy opposing QB's. He has many violent sacks this year, tackles that the Moms working the snack bar can hear. That has nothing to do with his overall character. If he were to, on a dead sprint, barrel into a grandmother buying fruit at Wal-Mart then you could make the argument he's a bad seed. The post in question is far from the first one to question the sportsmanship of certain LRCA players.

I think bad sportsmanship is a character flaw in sports.

TNT_15

So 2 onside kicks translates to a 30 point difference..? Ok

Complete Biased PoV

You are correct, post count has nothing to do with knowledge of football or your status.  I was using it more along the lines of you being new and don't have the knowledge of a couple of facts: 1) As a general rule, I don't post things I am not really sure of supported by either personal experience or reliable source/s.  2) I don't post nearly as much as I used to when I first joined, and try my best not to come across as attacking any individual athlete or coach...now poster may be a diffferent story, hahaha. 

RazorDad

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 06, 2017, 11:51:39 am

Before the two onside kick recoveries, it was basically a five point game. The back-to-back recoveries/scores at the beginning of the fourthly quarter was the turning point in the game. The video of the game is available at LRCA's and PA's websites.

MDXPHD

Well, lucky for us, this thread has turned into an lrca vs pa thread. Imagine that. Who cares how that game turned out? It has no relevance on this. We all know lrca lost by 30. We can move on now.

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 12:23:54 pm
Well, lucky for us, this thread has turned into an lrca vs pa thread. Imagine that. Who cares how that game turned out? It has no relevance on this. We all know lrca lost by 30. We can move on now.
Exactly, the post is about Wynne, and LRCA, there are plenty of other posts relating to PA, so we don't need another one on here.  Wynne by two touchdowns, 28-14.

FootballJunky

Quote from: RazorDad on November 06, 2017, 12:18:11 pm
Before the two onside kick recoveries, it was basically a five point game. The back-to-back recoveries/scores at the beginning of the fourthly quarter was the turning point in the game. The video of the game is available at LRCA's and PA's websites.
The onside kicks mean more later in the game when you are ahead.  If you are down 1 score with 6 minutes left your entire playbook is open.  When you are down 2 scores with 6 minutes left your playbook is limited because time isn't on your side to score twice.  You have to score quickly and try and get the ball back.  It makes playing defense easier because you know what the offense has to do.  So yes it does. 

I expect the 5A central to do well in the playoffs.  There is a lot of talent in the 5a Central.  Obvious anything can happen.  I believe the true test is in the 2nd Round.  PA has earned the right to be one of if not the top ranked team in the state.  I think the 5A Central has a good chance to Win all four first round games.  It's all about matchups!

JacketFan

Quote from: STBruin on November 06, 2017, 09:23:43 am
This game may boil down to who has the ball last and who flinches first...
The outcome of this game will be decided by T.O.P. and defense, so I take Wynne all day long.  Stat guys out there help me out, I believe Wynnes defense allowed the fewest number of points of all of the 5, 6, and 7a conferences.  Defense wins ball games.  :D

FootballJunky

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 06, 2017, 11:51:39 am
Early in a game absolutely not.  Late in the game absolutely. When you get in the 4th quarter and you are up 2 scores it is easier to predict your opponents moves. Once you get into I have to score quickly and get the ball back, you become easier to defend, consequently the flow of the game changes.  That is the genius of Coach Kelly.  He has the courage to play and trust the percentage's, when the method seams insane.  Hypothetically ...If you think being down 14 with 5 minutes to go. You botch and onside kick... the other team scores because you have to blitz and apply pressure because you don't have the luxury of time you have to make something happen now.  The other team scores now you are down 21. You have to throw... Pic 6 now you are down 28 because of 1 Onside kick. When before that all you need was a score and stop.

That's the genius.  Who takes the chance on giving a team a short field when then need to score quickly.  Coach Kelly Does!!

FootballJunky

Quote from: JacketFan on November 06, 2017, 12:56:31 pm
The outcome of this game will be decided by T.O.P. and defense, so I take Wynne all day long.  Stat guys out there help me out, I believe Wynnes defense allowed the fewest number of points of all of the 5, 6, and 7a conferences.  Defense wins ball games.  :D

It does except in the 5A Central!

JacketFan

Exactly, that is why playoff games are so exciting, should be some good games to watch.

Youngsta71701

Sounds like a battle of contrasting styles to me. Ying vs Yang.

FootballJunky

Quote from: JacketFan on November 06, 2017, 12:35:18 pm
Exactly, the post is about Wynne, and LRCA, there are plenty of other posts relating to PA, so we don't need another one on here.  Wynne by two touchdowns, 28-14.

Wynne may score 28, but after watching their last game, I find it hard to believe they can hold LRCA to 14.  My prediction LRCA 42 - Wynne 21.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 02:10:33 pm
Wynne may score 28, but after watching their last game, I find it hard to believe they can hold LRCA to 14.  My prediction LRCA 42 - Wynne 21.

Watching who? Wynne pitched a shutout, so I assume you are talking about LRCA playing one of those no-defense central teams. That game doesn't matter. 42 points may happen, but LRCA will absolutely have to score on all possessions to get there because Wynne won't give them more than 6 possessions I don't think. Unless LRCA just lets Wynne score way too quickly.

JacketFan

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 02:10:33 pm
Don't know what game you watched last week, but Wynne shutdown Nettletons high flying offense like it was nothing, and will do the same against LRCA.  Wynne has allowed the least amount of points of any team in 5, 6, or 7a, so we should see more of the same this Friday, good luck to all teams in the playoffs, be safe, and play to the final whistle.

Rocket23

It is a toss up to me.  But then again a bunch of the games are.  No one can truly bet their house and first-born on it because no one from the east has played the central, especially from mid-season on when most of the teams have hit their stride.

One minute I am thinking LRCA will not be able to stop Wynne's ground game, the next I am thinking our offense has too many weapons to stop between the four receivers and two running backs.  Harrison's rbs were very successful against LRCA, but they have made a lot of personnel and scheme adjustments since then.

It should be a great game between two great teams coached by two great men.  I have been looking forward to the playoffs starting since mid-season and especially since the Hogs are stinking it up.

JacketFan

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 06, 2017, 02:30:13 pm
It is a toss up to me.  But then again a bunch of the games are.  No one can truly bet their house and first-born on it because no one from the east has played the central, especially from mid-season on when most of the teams have hit their stride.

One minute I am thinking LRCA will not be able to stop Wynne's ground game, the next I am thinking our offense has too many weapons to stop between the four receivers and two running backs.  Harrison's rbs were very successful against LRCA, but they have made a lot of personnel and scheme adjustments since then.
Amen to that, going to be a outstanding game.
It should be a great game between two great teams coached by two great men.  I have been looking forward to the playoffs starting since mid-season and especially since the Hogs are stinking it up.

incogneto

PA 63- LRCA 56, 7 point PA lead, onside kick recovered, TD plus 2 point conversion now the lead is 15.  Onside recovery followed by TD and 2 point conversion now the lead is 23, Bowersock throws an interception and PA scores and kicks the extra point.  86-56.

I didn't look at the box score.  I am going from an admittedly poor memory so this may not be exactly correct, however it was two onside recoveries and a late interception all in the 4th quarter that finally allowed PA to pull away in that game.  No excuses at all PA was the better team that night. 

MDXPHD

And they were killing you in the first half up until right before halftime. But honestly, NOBODY CARES anymore. This game has nothing to do with that one. Your moral victory isn't impressing anyone from Wynne, I assure you.

PA Dad

I'm sure glad that Wynne and LRCA have to play the game so we can figure out the winner.  I can't figure it out reading this thread.

Chin Music

I think Wynne can stop LRCA some of the time.  I don't think LRCA can stop Wynne.

Wynne wins.

FootballJunky

Quote from: JacketFan on November 06, 2017, 02:29:46 pm
Don't know what game you watched last week, but Wynne shutdown Nettletons high flying offense like it was nothing, and will do the same against LRCA.  Wynne has allowed the least amount of points of any team in 5, 6, or 7a, so we should see more of the same this Friday, good luck to all teams in the playoffs, be safe, and play to the final whistle.

The game where they had a single high safety with corners bailing and Nettleton not taking advantage of it.  I watched the game from a strategic prospective. Watching the corners open to the boundary outside the numbers  when they don't have help in the middle of the field.   Just for starters!

Rocket23

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 02:53:14 pm
I'm sure glad that Wynne and LRCA have to play the game so we can figure out the winner.  I can't figure it out reading this thread.

Thanks PADad for making me waste my coffee.  I spit it out laughing so hard! ;D

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 02:53:14 pm
you must be getting old..... you have already picked LRCA......remember

PA Dad

Quote from: chaingang on November 06, 2017, 03:30:06 pm
you must be getting old..... you have already picked LRCA......remember

I am getting old, but my pick certainly is worth the same as anyone else's.

JessieP

A lot of will come down to mid-game adjustments. Wynne will need to figure out how to get pressure on LRCA's QB. It's hard to run a high flying passing offense when your running for your life. LRCA will have to make adjustments early as well. Early in the game they will be faced with the fact that the Wynne players are knocking them down before they stride into the end zone. 

oldude

The pro-Wynne posters on this thread sound remarkably similar to the pro-Wynne posters prior to the 2015 LRCA vs. Wynne playoff game -- e.g., "Wynne has a great defense"; "LRCA can't play defense"; "Wynne will limit LRCA's possessions"; "LRCA hasn't seen anyone who plays defense"; "LRCA won't put up 40 points on Wynne"; blah, blah, blah.

Anyone recall the final score of that 2015 game?

MDXPHD

Anyone know what year it currently is?

Pwil11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 06:32:30 pm
Anyone know what year it currently is?

I thought it was this year. I reckon I'm wrong.

walkingguy72396

by my count one jacket fan has commented on this thread,  OK make it 2 now.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 06, 2017, 06:36:26 pm
I thought it was this year. I reckon I'm wrong.

I reckon we all are. I thought it was 2017 and Wynne was playing lrca. I'm fairly certain it's not 2015 and that pa isn't playing lrca this week, but who knows

Pwil11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 07:00:09 pm
I reckon we all are. I thought it was 2017 and Wynne was playing lrca. I'm fairly certain it's not 2015 and that pa isn't playing lrca this week, but who knows

Yes lrca did beat us in 2015. To be honest we was happy just to be there. That was the first year we ran the flexbone. I think this will be a good game. I'm just glad the game is played on the field and not in this forum. I think wynne and batesville will surprise some people from the central. I really hope it's wynne and batesville in the semi's, but one game at a time. Good luck to wynne and batesville this week.

Freight Train

Quote from: incogneto on November 06, 2017, 02:40:38 pm
PA 63- LRCA 56, 7 point PA lead, onside kick recovered, TD plus 2 point conversion now the lead is 15.  Onside recovery followed by TD and 2 point conversion now the lead is 23, Bowersock throws an interception and PA scores and kicks the extra point.  86-56.

I didn't look at the box score.  I am going from an admittedly poor memory so this may not be exactly correct, however it was two onside recoveries and a late interception all in the 4th quarter that finally allowed PA to pull away in that game.  No excuses at all PA was the better team that night.
This is typical LRCA nonsense. Every year PA beats you and every year you have a different excuse. Two years ago LRCA had 21 seniors and an SEC RB and still lost to PA in semi finals. I think Wynne dominates LRCA defense and controls the game and beat LRCA in a very close game.

chaingang

Quote from: oldude on November 06, 2017, 05:10:43 pm
The pro-Wynne posters on this thread sound remarkably similar to the pro-Wynne posters prior to the 2015 LRCA vs. Wynne playoff game -- e.g., "Wynne has a great defense"; "LRCA can't play defense"; "Wynne will limit LRCA's possessions"; "LRCA hasn't seen anyone who plays defense"; "LRCA won't put up 40 points on Wynne"; blah, blah, blah.

Anyone recall the final score of that 2015 game?
I'm the 3rd Jacket Fan on here....and I don't remember the score that year , but I do remember this...that game along with the whole year we had about 10 sophomores that started or had tons of playing time...all I can say is this....those guys are Seniors and they all have been saying that they want to play LRC one more time .....so don't move and don't die cause Wynne is coming back ....enough said.

FridayNightFans

The score was 49-21 LRCA, and it wasn't as close as that score might indicate.

LRCA freshmen and sophomores scored last two TDs against your 10 Wynne sophomores.

Somebody needs to make some noise on here against this slew of Wynne/5A East posters.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FridayNightFans on November 07, 2017, 10:11:37 am

LRCA freshmen and sophomores scored last two TDs against your 10 Wynne sophomores.

Somebody needs to make some noise on here against this slew of Wynne/5A East posters.

Someone needs to realize what year it is.

chaingang

Quote from: FridayNightFans on November 07, 2017, 10:11:37 am

please forget the noise especially if it's like "white noise ".......

RyanLR

Wynne went 1-1 against any teams with a pulse. Meanwhile LRC demolished Warren, who is better than anyone Wynne has beaten. Had a close game with McClellan, who is better than anyone Wynne has beaten. I'm picking the Warriors 38-17.

RazorDad

Quote from: chaingang on November 07, 2017, 10:38:18 am
please forget the noise especially if it's like "white noise ".......

???

Rick Swines

Quote from: RyanLR on November 07, 2017, 10:39:54 am
Wynne went 1-1 against any teams with a pulse. Meanwhile LRC demolished Warren, who is better than anyone Wynne has beaten. Had a close game with McClellan, who is better than anyone Wynne has beaten. I'm picking the Warriors 38-17.

Yeah wynne is terrible bc they played a weak schedule.  Keep telling yourself that. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: RyanLR on November 07, 2017, 10:39:54 am

Warren barely beat WC and LRCA struggled to beat Harrison. None of that matters. We are talking about Wynne and LRCA and how they matchup. Wynne drains this clock, I'm telling y'all. You can look at their scores and they don't score a ton on people they would've scored 70 on if Hill stayed. This is because of the style of play. I'm not saying LRCA won't win. They are going to score their points for sure. LRCA played McClellan and McClellan grinds it out, plays solid defense, is physical, and controls the clock. It was very effective against LRCA, so that's why I think Wynne has a chance.

I do feel bad for Wynne though, because apparently they don't stand a chance this game. They are 9-1 and their loss was AT Batesville. I'm sure they just aren't good this season.

MDXPHD

Wynne beat Beebe by 21. LRCA beat them by 20. Wynne is clearly better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas