• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma Soccer

Started by WillC, February 28, 2017, 11:53:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WillC

Word on the street is that Alma will field at least a boy's team in 2018.

jimmyt

Who will coach the airdales?

sevenof400

Quote from: jimmyt on February 28, 2017, 12:53:16 pm
Who will coach the airdales?

I'm hearing Claudio Ranieri - but only if he gets a field as opulent as the basketball digs. 

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 28, 2017, 02:29:36 pm
I'm hearing Claudio Ranieri - but only if he gets a field as opulent as the basketball digs. 

Haha.

Klinnsman?

VHSCoach2

February 28, 2017, 07:53:27 pm #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:20:26 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: WillC on February 28, 2017, 11:53:59 am
Word on the street is that Alma will field at least a boy's team in 2018.

Hopefully they'll get a girls team at the same time. All too often, once boys are started it takes a while (if ever) for a girls team to start.

Go Postal

This is great news.  I guess that Heck has finally frozen over in Alma.  Lol.  But it's about time.  Alma can learn a lot about soccer from their old West rivals, Siloam Springs, Harrison and Greenwood.  I wish them the best on this venture and yes, they do need a girls team along with the boys to compete with the other Arkansas teams.

WillC

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 28, 2017, 07:53:27 pm
Hopefully they'll get a girls team at the same time. All too often, once boys are started it takes a while (if ever) for a girls team to start.

I heard (just rumors) that there is very little interest among the girls in Alma. The plan is to field a coed team if any do sign up.

Buck183

I sincerely hope this is true. Way overdue. 

Buck

futbolsoccer

have a soccer club where kids can play, will improve any HS soccer program faster, in this case FS express soccer club is just around the corner from Alma, sign up your boys and girls, make them play and practice all year around, in improvement will be huge every year, this is the advantage of town with a club soccer league, don't matter if its a 4A or 7A. it always make a difference.
if Alma gets a committed coach, it will work with them during off season, form boys and girls team at HS age, and compete in the state as a club team, you don't have to practice at FS Express facilities, you can do it in your town, and just represent FSE, on which tem will be register, to have access to  play team and have insurance, there rec division and classic division so you can choose the level the team want to be on.
good luck!
happy to see soccer growing in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas