• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Record for Goals

Started by Jdhelbig, October 16, 2016, 02:19:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdhelbig

October 16, 2016, 02:19:34 am Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:21:15 am by Jdhelbig
This new topic is for information on who holds records for goals in a career, in a single season, in a single game, etc. We can split it up between boys and girls as well!

As far as I know, Estiven Garcia of the DeQueen Leopards holds the records for the most goals for a career and most goals in a single season.

Career - 143 goals in all games played.
Single Season - 43 goals during his junior year.

He probably would have had more if he didn't miss most of his senior year with a knee injury. Just staggering numbers!!!

Jdhelbig

Anyone else have any other enormous stats from players they know, boys or girls?

VHSCoach2

Here is the link for the AAA Record Book (soccer records start on page 51)

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1617.pdf

Jdhelbig

It seems that the record book is a bit outdated or not updated with every school because I know the career goals record is wrong.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

October 16, 2016, 07:33:19 pm #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:37:22 pm by Coach Sturdivant, HS
Erick Guadron 136 career goals so far with one season remaining
48 freshman year
39 sophomore year
49 junior year

Did not know that Estiven had that many since the record book still shows 94 as the career record but I don't doubt it one bit having watched him play.

6aSoccer

To update record book teams have to submit formal request and have paperwork/documentation  and has to be signed off by school officials. If they don't do that then AAA doesn't update it because it's too much for them to keep up with.

mijally

The thing about "most goal" records is; it is more about the coaches than it is about the players.  If the coaches choose to they could turn a player like Estiven or Erick loose and they could score 500 goals.  Wouldn't be very sportsman like and they would risk injury in a meaningless game but they could if they chose.

Jdhelbig

November 13, 2016, 11:39:27 pm #7 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:57:49 am by Jdhelbig
Quote from: mijally on November 13, 2016, 01:09:58 pm
The thing about "most goal" records is; it is more about the coaches than it is about the players.  If the coaches choose to they could turn a player like Estiven or Erick loose and they could score 500 goals.  Wouldn't be very sportsman like and they would risk injury in a meaningless game but they could if they chose.

VERY VERY TRUE!! From first hand and specifically playing with Estiven as the other forward, I know he could have score 5 goals a game in most of the games we played but after 2 or 3, we would always get subbed out. I know he could of easily had 250 to 300 goals in his career if we had no sportsmanship. But to us, sportsmanship is more important than records (although records are fun for us competitors)!

NWAguy

Maybe they should break it down by classification as well. Not taking anything away from the record holders because they are no doubt excellent players to turn in stats like those but its not surprising that the record holders are from smaller classifications. A stud player at a smaller school with a decent surrounding cast can really fill it up. There have been some players from the 7A that have turned in 30 goal + seasons. I think that would be noteworthy too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas