• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Season Scheduling Proposition Has Passed

Started by VHSCoach2, August 03, 2016, 06:39:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

A proposition for more flexibility in scheduling for high school soccer for the 2017 season has passed. 

Coaches and teams may now choose between playing 16 regular games and 2 tournaments, or 18 regular games and 1 tournament.

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't seen the update on AAA's Twitter.

beeroe

Really glad to see that the AAA made the 4A conference bigger!!! Those smaller schools really needed more competition from big schools. And those bus drivers at small schools will really appreciate all that travel!!

Its unfortunate for the 5A that their conference is so small. I am sure that those schools really wanted the challenge of qualifying for state.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

beeroe--don't forget the added fun of the 5A/6A blended conferences before district tourneys before the state tournament. could never be that simple!

Sir Alex

Quote from: beeroe on August 05, 2016, 01:15:57 pm
Really glad to see that the AAA made the 4A conference bigger!!! Those smaller schools really needed more competition from big schools. And those bus drivers at small schools will really appreciate all that travel!!

Its unfortunate for the 5A that their conference is so small. I am sure that those schools really wanted the challenge of qualifying for state.

Care to elaborate? I don't think much has changed in the 4a, it is the 5a/6a that has really seen the bulk of the changes. Now add in a conference tournament to 5a, I think the lack of challenge that you were eluding to is now there. 

beeroe

Sit Alex,

My apologies. I was venting. I am continually frustrated with AAA and how they handle the 4A. There are just too many teams in it. There is too much travel for the small school budgets. Ideally I think the 4a conference would be much better served if it was the same size as the 5A. That was my lame attempt at sarcasm.

mijally

As a former member of 4a now in 5a I understand where you are coming from but the bottom line is the state tournament is all that matters. Just get to the State Tournament. I miss 4a State because it was always at Burns Park with legit officiating on legit fields.  Our team never won but we weren't good enough and I can accept that.  5A?  Pass on that deal.

arksoccer20

I've heard that my school chose to play 16 games. Is 1 of the 2 tournaments we get to play the conference tournament? Or are the district games plus non conference count for all of the 16 games we get to play, with conference tournament, state tournament, and the 2 separate tournaments being separate.

chaoslord

Quote from: arksoccer20 on September 20, 2016, 02:37:06 pm
I've heard that my school chose to play 16 games. Is 1 of the 2 tournaments we get to play the conference tournament? Or are the district games plus non conference count for all of the 16 games we get to play, with conference tournament, state tournament, and the 2 separate tournaments being separate.

In the past the tournaments were separate from post season play, so I assume that is still the case, but someone better informed can probably say for sure.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: chaoslord on September 20, 2016, 05:27:34 pm
In the past the tournaments were separate from post season play, so I assume that is still the case, but someone better informed can probably say for sure.

Quote from: arksoccer20 on September 20, 2016, 02:37:06 pm

That is still the case.  The tournaments the rule is referring to are during the season.  For example, the Greenwood/Van Buren tournaments, the new tournaments that Vilonia is hosting, the tournament that Conway hosts, and the RE/MAX Cup in Harrison

Post-season tournaments (i.e. conference and state) do not count in the rule.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas