• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manila Lions

Started by Head Lion, September 02, 2017, 08:50:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Basketball season starts in 66 days 9 hours 8 minutes 55 seconds

luxora4life

biglion1985

NEA Razorback olfan

Best of luck to the Lions this year , unless they are playing Brookland.  Haha

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on September 02, 2017, 03:54:37 pm
Best of luck to the Lions this year , unless they are playing Brookland.  Haha
Same here NEA

biglion1985

Good luck to everyone except for when they play us lol

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on September 02, 2017, 08:50:53 am
Basketball season starts in 66 days 9 hours 8 minutes 55 seconds

Are you looking past FB HL??

biglion1985

Nope he probably doesn't see us making the playoffs again this year lol

Head Lion

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on September 02, 2017, 02:22:02 pm
WoW!
Did Manila drop football this year. They sholl talking about basketball early this year. ;D 8) ;D ;D ;D

Head Lion

Well actually, it is still baseball season for us fans of the defending World Champs! :o

biglion1985

Oh wow HL y'all win the world series once in 108 years and now you're a dynasty lol

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on September 20, 2017, 07:32:52 pm
Oh wow HL y'all win the world series once in 108 years and now you're a dynasty lol
Lol

Ctucker

Head Lion

ISU7

501Arkansas

Will they beat Osceola this year?

Head Lion

CoolBreeze

Head Lion

If they don't make it tournament like last year or someone else was to beat them out. Pretty simple

501Arkansas

They will, will manila? They can't beat osceola what a shame smh

RedWolf275

After watching most of the state tournament last year I'd say Manila is the team to beat this year. This is especially true since ECS lost the Robinson kid. However, March is a long way off!

Baller_34

Coming to a school near you,.  THE DRIBBLE DRIVE OFFENSE!!!!

football king

Manila plays corning friday so they better come ready to play. Corning isn't bad this year

Head Lion

Head Lion

Baller_34

Corning way down this year?

hsindian

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 10, 2017, 10:55:09 pm
Corning way down this year?
Corning returned a lot. They thought they'd be better than last year. I think they'll have an impressive recordat the end of the year but they play in a weak conference.

Baller_34

Quote from: hsindian on November 11, 2017, 04:56:23 am
Corning returned a lot. They thought they'd be better than last year. I think they'll have an impressive recordat the end of the year but they play in a weak conference.

Well said

Head Lion

We pretty much played lights out last night. They will win a lot of games.

Lrbasketballguru

This might be the year. Manila and tuckerman sound awesome right now. Wish the lions the best! Can anyone describe to me Manila, their best players, how they can hurt you, etc.? I've never seen them play.

Head Lion

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on November 11, 2017, 09:08:02 am
This might be the year. Manila and tuckerman sound awesome right now. Wish the lions the best! Can anyone describe to me Manila, their best players, how they can hurt you, etc.? I've never seen them play.
I will let someone else, I'm to biased.

sportsfreak12

I will say this.  Manila has as good a shot at state championship as anyone.  They played  lights out at Corning.  Corning has a great chance at being pretty good.  They just ran into a buzz saw friday night. 

ISU7

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on November 12, 2017, 06:47:43 pm
I will say this.  Manila has as good a shot at state championship as anyone.  They played  lights out at Corning.  Corning has a great chance at being pretty good.  They just ran into a buzz saw friday night.
lol

tigerblood

Too bad you guys aren't the.......TIGAS!!!!! haha

Head Lion

Quote from: tigerblood on November 13, 2017, 02:15:03 pm
Too bad you guys aren't the.......TIGAS!!!!! haha
I remember the last meeting, Manila don't sit back in some soft zone & play horse. We gonna get in that grill from the time we get off the bus. Wasn't it a running clock last year???

Head Lion

BIC comes to Manila tonight, Jr hi game starts at 6. Anyone in the area looking for a game to go to.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on November 21, 2017, 11:11:10 am
BIC comes to Manila tonight, Jr hi game starts at 6. Anyone in the area looking for a game to go to.

I would  but  Brookland will have their hands full tonight as they host Nettleton for 4 games

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 21, 2017, 11:32:22 am
I would  but  Brookland will have their hands full tonight as they host Nettleton for 4 games
😳😳, best of luck

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on November 21, 2017, 11:33:25 am
😳😳, best of luck

Thanks HL,  best of Luck to the Lions tonight

Head Lion

LIons go to 5-0 with 58-43 win over BIC in a throwback game to the 70s.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Head Lion on November 21, 2017, 11:03:30 pm
LIons go to 5-0 with 58-43 win over BIC in a throwback game to the 70s.
In what way was it a throwback?

Head Lion

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 22, 2017, 01:40:54 pm
In what way was it a throwback?
Not an all out stall, but running a lot of clock each possession. Not a bad strategy against us, but sure no fun to play or watch.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2017, 02:23:34 pm
Not an all out stall, but running a lot of clock each possession. Not a bad strategy against us, but sure no fun to play or watch.
Thanks. I appreciate the explanation. By the way, my dad once saw a tournament game in which the final score was 6-5. Wouldn't that have been fun to watch?

Head Lion

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 22, 2017, 02:41:25 pm
Thanks. I appreciate the explanation. By the way, my dad once saw a tournament game in which the final score was 6-5. Wouldn't that have been fun to watch?
I couldn't do it anymore. To give BIC credit they are improving and think by the end of year will give some people some problems.

ChokeNPoke

Manila beat a struggling Riverside program by only 16 or so tonight. Yes, the lions did lead the whole game without ever any problems but they never went on a big run to completely run away with it like I had expected. If riverside cleans up those easy missed shots along with a little bit better defense then that would have been a ballgame. First time I've watched Manila this year. May have just been an off night for them.

CoolBreeze

Sometimes good teams play down to the level of the competition.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2017, 02:23:34 pm
seems like pretty decent score.

Head Lion

The real season begins tonight with the Lions traveling to the new Bearcat Arena at Brookland, it should be a war.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on December 01, 2017, 11:35:32 am
The real season begins tonight with the Lions traveling to the new Bearcat Arena at Brookland, it should be a war.

Yes Sir, I expect the same!!!
I don't know if you made it to last night's Girls games, but I thought your girls played hard despite the score!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas